AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-01-29, 07:56   Link #12241
Advent000
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

What can I say, we had a snow day.

Spoiler for Bless the Broken Road: Unclean Hands:

Spoiler for Author's notes and ramblings:
Looking forward to seeing the confrontation between Fate and Nanoha.
Advent000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 10:02   Link #12242
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph42 View Post
The wolkys - No, they're programs
but the TSAB has them as hayate's familiar (cant remember where i read that though)
But from what i understand Belka-type knights called them guardian beasts and Mid-type mages called them familiars but I believe they are the same thing
There's never any confirmation on whether Guardian Beasts and Familiars are the same, though they probably are.

But remember, Zafira's only talking about himself not anyone else. Arf asks him why he isn't helping his master. Zafira says Signum is their leader not master. She asks whose familiar he is. Zafira says he's a guardian beast. Zafira is the Guardian Beast no one else.

I agree with what's been stated so far that for role's sake they are classified as so but they aren't truly.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 10:10   Link #12243
Jimmy C

Guardian Beast or Familiar isn't important here. What is important is that Zafira is a program simulating such a thing, just like Signum, Vita and Shamal are programs simulating humans.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 10:49   Link #12244
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yes, but by nearly all other means they are the same as familiars. It's logical for people to view them as such, and thus the consequences of the Wolkies' disobedience.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 10:58   Link #12245
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
How about this:

Arf was made by Fate, as a familiar. Arf draws Fate's magic to survive and in return, she protects her. That's a familiar

The Wolkies were created via program/spell not cast by Hayate but rather as a self executing program from the book to guard the book's master. The programs were made using Hayate's power but Hayate did not create familiars using the book. They're programs ran without her consent.

So they're the same thing, but created using two different methods. Though to be "techical", Arf is a familiar because she was made as a familiar to do a familiar's job. The Wolkies are not familiars because they were ran as programs to do a familiar's job.

to compare:
Avatar, the last air bender is a kick butt cartoon. It wasn't made in Japan, therefore it's not an anime, despite them both doing an anime's job of entertaining with drawn/CG graphics. It's the same thing, but the title is different. Zafira and Arf do the same job, but their titles are different.

You could call them either way, and you would be "right", but only the technical term is used by those who know the differnce.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 11:26   Link #12246
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That's technically not correct, as the master of the Yami no Sho, she did have consent of the 'running' of the Wolkies. She may not be responsible for their creation, so it would be better to describe them as the Yami no Sho's familiar, but since the book obeys Hayate's commands, and in turn the Wolkies as well, Hayate becomes the end-responsible.
Old 2009-01-29, 11:27   Link #12247
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart View Post
Spoiler for Crossing Hearts Part three:
Good job there, Raging Heart~
So far it seems like you're going to center the plot around the development of Chikane and Haruko, that's cool. I may be wrong, but probably you're including so much characters if that's your plot idea, although if you may as well be planing something bigger and using them all.
Please keep the good job, I'll be looking forward to your next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Spoiler for Animist and the Anarchist Chapter 1:
That was great.

This first chapter looks like a nice remake of the beginning of StrikerS, and if you ask me, so far I prefer yours. I liked your original characters (MTG FTW!), it's nice to see them under the command of Fate. I think you did well in the action scenes, they were well spiced with the commentaries. The NanoFate fluff was nice too, I like how you're portraying their relationship, and I hope to see more of this too.

So, where is my link to ff.net? ^^

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 11:28   Link #12248
Vie
Rabid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
You could call them either way, and you would be "right", but only the technical term is used by those who know the differnce.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yes, but by nearly all other means they are the same as familiars. It's logical for people to view them as such, and thus the consequences of the Wolkies' disobedience.
The normal mage on the street wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference between Zafira and Arf, but since the government of Mid is trying to create/pass new laws for familiar rights, they would know of the technical differences and also especially do their research to find the why and how behind the Wolkenritter's disobeying Hayate's orders. Wolkenritter =/= Familiars, although they are termed as such and doing pretty much the same things.

The thing here is that we don't exactly know the amount of autonomy familiars like Arf have, though I personally believe that they have to obey a master's orders regardless of their own opinions.

Round circle, I tell ya...

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That's technically not correct, as the master of the Yami no Sho, she did have consent of the 'running' of the Wolkies. She may not be responsible for their creation, so it would be better to describe them as the Yami no Sho's familiar, but since the book obeys Hayate's commands, and in turn the Wolkies as well, Hayate becomes the end-responsible.
Thing is, Hayate only assumed full responsibility and control over the Yami no Sho only at the end of A's. Before that, the Wolkenritters were acting on their own despite Hayate's orders.

Darn. I realise I just shot myself in the foot... >.<
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 11:52   Link #12249
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vie View Post
The normal mage on the street wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference between Zafira and Arf, but since the government of Mid is trying to create/pass new laws for familiar rights, they would know of the technical differences and also especially do their research to find the why and how behind the Wolkenritter's disobeying Hayate's orders. Wolkenritter =/= Familiars, although they are termed as such and doing pretty much the same things.
Hmmm, good point. You think public fear could make this idea work?

Quote:
The thing here is that we don't exactly know the amount of autonomy familiars like Arf have, though I personally believe that they have to obey a master's orders regardless of their own opinions.

Round circle, I tell ya...
I believe I read somewhere in the FAQ that upon creation, a set of terms is made and agreed upon by both parties. As long as the order lies withing the terms, the familiar will follow them regardless of opinion. If not, then the familiar can refuse.

Quote:
EDIT:

Thing is, Hayate only assumed full responsibility and control over the Yami no Sho only at the end of A's. Before that, the Wolkenritters were acting on their own despite Hayate's orders.

Darn. I realise I just shot myself in the foot... >.<
Indeed, because it's the 'acting on their own' part that is the worry here.
Old 2009-01-29, 12:26   Link #12250
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm... I think that we're getting a bit out off topic here

If I'm not wrong, this disscusion should take place here

@Advent000: Good to see you back
Old 2009-01-29, 13:13   Link #12251
Seraph42
Too much Caffine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Hmmm... I think that we're getting a bit out off topic here

If I'm not wrong, this disscusion should take place here

@Advent000: Good to see you back
not really, If any thing it would be teh Magic and Technology of MGLN thread
Old 2009-01-29, 14:01   Link #12252
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

not time to really do anything meaningful, so I present you with chibi Vivio funny moments.
Spoiler for At the zoo:

Spoiler for aaaand a small prequel to my short:

That's all for now
Old 2009-01-29, 14:24   Link #12253
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Hi guys; happy to join you all in this; I've read DezoPenguin's fics and a few of Satashi's over at fanfiction.net. DezoPenguin pointed me over here when I was petulant about his silence on his Vivio set over there recently.

So here I am.

Quote:
not time to really do anything meaningful, so I present you with chibi Vivio funny moments.

(Snip!)

That's all for now
Gotta love the innocent-kid-finds-out-(but-really-doesn't)-about-naughty-things short. The zoo one is incredibly embarrassing, but I'd think that there'd be quite a few kids through the teacher's experience that had drawn similar... unfortunate scenes. Not that Fate or Nanoha's embarrassment would care about that, but it's not nearly as bad as the zoo one.
Old 2009-01-29, 14:29   Link #12254
BPHaru

Quote:
Spoiler for At the zoo:
LOL
Awkward moment is awkward.
That was very much expected from the bunny couple

Quote:
Spoiler for aaaand a small prequel to my short:
I bet you were thinking about this image, right?
I love you Vivio!
I was wishing that someone picked that one to write something, so I'm happy that you're using it for your fic, which is looking great so far ^^

...And about something unrelated:

= = = = = = = = = = =

The dwindling sun rays made a final attempt to breach the flimsy white lace curtains. The brilliant orange beams stretched across the maroon carpeted room, reaching for the far end before falling short midway across. Its weakening rays hit an inverted glass tumbler sitting on its open end on a polished oak round table. The hexagonal patterns spanning around the glass surface reflected the orange light around the room. A dark speck no bigger than a corn kennel, seemingly flew upwards and hit the bottom of the glass tumbler with a sharp rap. The beetle climbed down in a daze, yet it did not abandon its attempt to escape. Crawling around the rim of the glass, it actively sought an opening large enough for its body to crawl through. Finding none after having looped an entire round, it once again flung itself off its rear limbs, hitting the glass surface with a resounding crack before falling back to the table top from gravity’s pull. Its large eyes, oddly disproportional to its brown hull body glittered in the weak sunlight, a myriad of colours shimmering in its unfocused glaze. Idly, a blonde woman whose hair fell about in a curtain of finely spun golden threads reached out a slender finger and prodded the tumbler. The beetle went rigid before hopping around on the spot as it tried to figure out what had caused the sudden air movement. The blonde pushed the glass tumbler forwards till the rim nudged against the captive beetle. The beetle took flight immediately, spreading open its translucent brown wings hidden beneath the protective outer shell. Angrily, it flew into the glass walls imprisoning it, bouncing around in the enclosed area. The furious buzz of its wings was inaudible even in the quiet room. A spark ignited in the blonde’s burgundy eyes as she watched with mild interest at how the tiny insect fought to escape. Watching as it fought to be freed from what imprisons it, fighting so it could once again fly in the sky it so loves.

Spoiler:

Cuídese y sigan sonriendo
Old 2009-01-29, 14:43   Link #12255
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Thanks, I guess I should cross post to the OC thread. I have many misgivings on concepts. I had forgotten in later chapters about the 'regulator' aspect of her device/s. Four cores mean what? I have no idea, to be frank. The power she uses as shown in chapter one means that each core allows for explosions individually/ perhaps if any are damaged, then the others function without problems. is this a feature or is this expected?

Basically I didn't want to have her create explosions from any part of her body she wanted, but localize it to her limbs.

Hard to say if I have a nuance, normal, or over powering (doubt it, really). They will be replaced by Loki eventually so it will talk. They are all him. I wanted to make it a Belkan tech, but the magic circle somehow looks better stylistically with 'comet strike' than a triangle. I also have no idea where to load cartridges.

I consider Fury an unwielded blade.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 15:48   Link #12256
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

Send a message via MSN to Raging Heart
Crossing Hearts

Previous:

Introducation, character profile and part one: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12194

Part Two: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12201

Part Three: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12237

Hey everyone, here is Crossing Hearts part four, enjoy reading it.

Spoiler for Crossing Hearts Part four:

i will start part five tonight, i will post it maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, don't be shy and tell me what you think.
Old 2009-01-29, 16:24   Link #12257
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
LOL
Awkward moment is awkward.
That was very much expected from the bunny couple

I bet you were thinking about this image, right?
I love you Vivio!
I was wishing that someone picked that one to write something, so I'm happy that you're using it for your fic, which is looking great so far ^^

...And about something unrelated:

= = = = = = = = = = =

-snip-
Cuídese y sigan sonriendo
yes, that image was the one that inspired it :3

Also... is this a story about a beetle? The author seemed way to focused on un-needed detail rather than trying to get my attention. I read a little more and... can't really say I like this on T_T
Old 2009-01-29, 17:20   Link #12258
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
I take no responsibility for what is about to read in this post. I blame it on several recent posts and crack from the OCT.

Spoiler for I am:
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 17:34   Link #12259
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
I take no responsibility for what is about to read in this post. I blame it on several recent posts and crack from the OCT.

Spoiler for I am:
Spoiler for My reaction:

I'm not sure what it says about me that I was thinking "Megavolt" before you explicitly pointed out the parody, but...heh, that was great!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 19:43   Link #12260
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart View Post
Spoiler for Crossing Hearts Part four:
Wow, you're updating very fast, I hope that I can keep up with your pace.

Time for some constructive criticism: my English is far to be perfect, but I think you're making many typos per chapter, so maybe you can try checking them before uploading the chapters here if you can update this often. A concurrent mistake that you're doing is using "there" instead of "their" ("there" denotes a place, while "their" denotes belongings). Also, I think you're repeating the character's name too much, maybe it would be better if you replace them more often with pronouns or adjectives + nouns.

And as a random note: thanks to your fic I just learned what "wove" means o_O

Quote:
yes, that image was the one that inspired it :3
Yeah! I knew it!!
What did I won?
:3

Quote:
Also... is this a story about a beetle? The author seemed way to focused on un-needed detail rather than trying to get my attention. I read a little more and... can't really say I like this on T_T
The fic isn't about a beetle xD But I think the atmosphere that scene transmit was great to set up the story. At least the author got my attention with her beautiful description of the scene, and I'm not an author, but I think she writes very, very well ^^
Thanks for giving it a chance, Sa-nyan, I didn't expect you to take your time doing that since you have always said that you prefer to write rather than to read (and it's not that me, as your reader, will be complaining for that xD).

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha