AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-11, 17:50   Link #1061
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs90 View Post
damn caesar is a ladykiller... how did he get a girl whose father and countrys citizens he killed to worry about him after knowing him for ONE day? Or maybe she just wants more chocolate cake...
Definitely the chocolate cake. Yeah, no doubt about that.
Old 2014-05-11, 17:53   Link #1062
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Doing something important ? Really ?
I thought Mitsu was lying to Ichi because he just left Caesar to die on the West.
Actually, I wonder about that, too. After all, Caesar never said anything like that to Mitsuhide. During the journey to the capital(?) he kept trolling Mitsu, and the last words he said to him were "(are you really going to let it all end here?) lol bye!"

Nothing about having something important to do...

Quote:
The way alexander was OP this ep makes me doubt if nobu and caesar together can beat him... he totally owned kenshin after all...
Bah, Nobu rides up to him on his dragonhorse and shoots Alexander's mech full of arrows. Then Caesar blows him away with his swordcannon -> ded. (And then Kenshin kills them both for killing Alexander.)

Quote:
if mitsu is the main character why do the writers shit on him so much...
Don't ask me, I'm not the one writing him. I appreciate it, though, he's hilarious. XD

Quote:
Well clearly kenshin will be the one to have a final battle with alexander, with the oath and all... I doubt ichi will ever want to kill caesar anymore, she obviously has a soft for him now
I hope...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 17:57   Link #1063
Destined_Fate

Hmm... Think that Kenshin may be revealed to be a woman? There are a few stuff around that seemed confident that Kenshin was actually a woman and not a man.

Either way is fine by me though if he was really a she that would be hilarious.

-

Eh? Nobuyuki Sanada already appeared in the anime? Didn't notice him. When was that?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 18:10   Link #1064
jfs90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Actually, I wonder about that, too. After all, Caesar never said anything like that to Mitsuhide. During the journey to the capital(?) he kept trolling Mitsu, and the last words he said to him were "(are you really going to let it all end here?) lol bye!"

Nothing about having something important to do...

Bah, Nobu rides up to him on his dragonhorse and shoots Alexander's mech full of arrows. Then Caesar blows him away with his swordcannon -> ded. (And then Kenshin kills them both for killing Alexander.)

Don't ask me, I'm not the one writing him. I appreciate it, though, he's hilarious. XD

I hope...
ironically nobu seems to win more battles with his bow than when he rides the fool...

well I doubt caesar will be brainwashed now... the good guys will need him especially since hideyoshi lost his mech.. and jeanne has virtually 0 offensive abilities, with mitsu going honnoji soon only nobu can fight lol... hope caesar comes back with an upgraded mech
jfs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 18:33   Link #1065
Destined_Fate

Even Hideyoshi even alive? It looked like he lost at least an arm, maybe his legs and the other arm as well.

Tons of blood everywhere and stuff.

Well, if this ever gets in SRW this would make a good Secret to unlock - Saving Hideyoshi.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 18:38   Link #1066
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Hmm... Think that Kenshin may be revealed to be a woman? There are a few stuff around that seemed confident that Kenshin was actually a woman and not a man.
Nah, those are just speculations and not something to take very seriously. Likely he either wasn't into women and didn't bother getting married just for show, or he was in fact celibate (most of the time, anyway).

As for this Kenshin, Leonardo explicitly referred to him as a man, and Caesar didn't treat him like a lady either, so most likely he's a guy.

Quote:
Eh? Nobuyuki Sanada already appeared in the anime? Didn't notice him. When was that?
Huh? There are no Sanada in this story. I meant Nobuyuki as in Oda Nobuyuki, Nobunaga's little brother.

Quote:
Even Hideyoshi even alive? It looked like he lost at least an arm, maybe his legs and the other arm as well.
I think he's alive for the time being, otherwise they would just say he's dead or something. (No final words either, so far.) He does look pretty horrible, though. :/ Hideyoshi, don't die...
Old 2014-05-11, 18:54   Link #1067
Thess

Was Kenshin describing the fear of battle or the experience of falling in love? Because the exhilaration he used was worded like the latter.

I like Alexander. I hope we find out why he serves Arthur at all, if he is seemly undefeated and can rule as emperor of everything if he desires it. He's very worshipful towards Arthur.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 19:16   Link #1068
Pong

Mitsuhide really can't catch a brake, can he?

Ah yes, the old "Instead of helping lets sit here and have faith in him!" cliche. Except this time the faith was totally unwarranted. They really should have listen to Jeanne more often.

Alexander crazy strong. No wonder he's Arthur's right hand.

Next episode: Jeanne goes visit dragons, probably to get some sort of power-up. Which our heroes desperately need, truth to be told.

Quote:
I think it's not "almost as if" it's exactly that. A pretty crude solution, but the main couple (whether they actually get together or not) has been set as Nobu and Jeanne from ep 1.
The perils of being in the way of the main couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I like Alexander. I hope we find out why he serves Arthur at all, if he is seemly undefeated and can rule as emperor of everything if he desires it. He's very worshipful towards Arthur.
Even the greatest of men must bow before King's Arthur shinny face.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 02:18   Link #1069
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Character development in this show is just so bad.....
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 06:20   Link #1070
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Character development in this show is just so bad.....
Well, there are exceptions though such as Caesar, who is missing in Ep. 18.

Still, that Alexander the Great is so overpowered, no wonder King Arthur put a leash on him as his right hand man.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 06:39   Link #1071
kuromitsu

Quote:
Was Kenshin describing the fear of battle or the experience of falling in love? Because the exhilaration he used was worded like the latter.
I think it was supposed to be like that. (The sexual tension in that scene was kind of off the charts. Someone get this Kenshin into Sengoku Basara.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
Ah yes, the old "Instead of helping lets sit here and have faith in him!" cliche. Except this time the faith was totally unwarranted.
Actually, what with something bad happening almost every time anyone tries to use shinki, Arthur's plan to collect them all, and even Caesar emphasizing Mitsu's inability to use shinki, I have a feeling that they may end up destroying all shinki for great justice, with the morals that you don't need to use shinki to accomplish great things, or something like that. Seeing that they're trying to show Mitsu as a heroic character (whether it works or not... ) I can't believe they'd let a shinki user be "better" than him.

By the way, this would be a nice subversion: a mecha anime in which the main character, for all his big talk, actually sucks at fighting with his superpowered mecha, with the morals that fighting with superpowered mechs is wrong anyway because it destroys the world, etc. so in the end Nobu goes around and takes out all superpowered mecha using his bow & arrows. (I wouldn't put it past Kawamori to do something like this... )

By the way, where's Brutus? Last time we saw him he was at Planet East, how come he's not there to protect his boss' wife? Or is he waiting until Caesar comes back and saves the day, so he can backstab him? (I suppose that would work out, Caesar can die in Ichi's arms and Ichi is free to go with Mitsu... NOT THAT I WOULD APPROVE OF THIS.)

I wish I remembered where I saw the titles for the last episodes, someone with tarot knowledge (zztop?) could perhaps figure out the story...
Old 2014-05-12, 11:22   Link #1072
jfs90
Banned

Quote:
I think it was supposed to be like that. (The sexual tension in that scene was kind of off the charts. Someone get this Kenshin into Sengoku Basara.)

Actually, what with something bad happening almost every time anyone tries to use shinki, Arthur's plan to collect them all, and even Caesar emphasizing Mitsu's inability to use shinki, I have a feeling that they may end up destroying all shinki for great justice, with the morals that you don't need to use shinki to accomplish great things, or something like that. Seeing that they're trying to show Mitsu as a heroic character (whether it works or not... ) I can't believe they'd let a shinki user be "better" than him.

By the way, this would be a nice subversion: a mecha anime in which the main character, for all his big talk, actually sucks at fighting with his superpowered mecha, with the morals that fighting with superpowered mechs is wrong anyway because it destroys the world, etc. so in the end Nobu goes around and takes out all superpowered mecha using his bow & arrows. (I wouldn't put it past Kawamori to do something like this... )

By the way, where's Brutus? Last time we saw him he was at Planet East, how come he's not there to protect his boss' wife? Or is he waiting until Caesar comes back and saves the day, so he can backstab him? (I suppose that would work out, Caesar can die in Ichi's arms and Ichi is free to go with Mitsu... NOT THAT I WOULD APPROVE OF THIS.)

I wish I remembered where I saw the titles for the last episodes, someone with tarot knowledge (zztop?) could perhaps figure out the story...
I doubt mitsu will get a good end.. especially once the truth about nobukatsu and his inevitable betrayal... most likely imo caesar will die in ichis arms then ichi will die because of mitsu causing him to despair

That said they might give caesar a happy ending unexpectedly... I made a post a couple of pages ago about quo vadis (caesar mecha name) and relation with caesars story, I hope they follow it and caesar will get a good end

Meh idk im starting to think brutus wont kill caesar simply because its too predictable, maybe there will be an unexpected twist

I have a feeling the flying city thing that caesar left to brutus will be where the oda will retreat after the eastern star becomes uninhabitable.. maybe then brutus will get pissed at caesar thinking he is being manipulated by ichi?
Old 2014-05-13, 11:17   Link #1073
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Doing something important ? Really ?
I thought Mitsu was lying to Ichi because he just left Caesar to die on the West.
I think it’s more like he can’t do anything to help free Caesar no matter how you cut it (being a lone foreigner inside enemy territory and all), and his best option was to flee so at least one of them will survive. And looking at it from different perspective, it’s rather surprising for me that Mitsu spoke of Caesar in a rather positive light to Ichi (even though it’s most probably a lie). I mean, if Mitsu really hates Caesar to death, it was practically Mitsu’s golden opportunity to get rid of Caesar from Ichi’s heart by saying that Caesar has betrayed his alliance with Oda and went back to West Star doing whatever, but Mitsu didn’t say something like that. “He has something important to do” sure is a lot more positive lie than “That sonuvabitch has betrayed us!!”
Old 2014-05-13, 11:35   Link #1074
kuromitsu

Quote:
I doubt mitsu will get a good end.. especially once the truth about nobukatsu and his inevitable betrayal...
But that's just it, he killed the poor kid for a greater good, and from last week's ep it seems he plans to kill Nobu for the greater good as well (ie. before he turns into a destroyer king). So in the end it appears they're presenting him as a heroic character... (as much as I don't like it)

Re: Caesar, I read the summaries for episodes 19-21, and well. I won't say anything but apparently he's not the type of character around whom one can relax...

Quote:
Meh idk im starting to think brutus wont kill caesar simply because its too predictable, maybe there will be an unexpected twist
Caesar's death is really the most exciting part of the series for me. Will he die? Will he survive? Who kills him? Will they subvert his death and have Brutus die defending him? Or will Brutus straight-up backstab him? Will he die in Ichi's arms, redeemed of his sins? (Will Ichi cry for him?) Ahh, I want to know.
Old 2014-05-13, 11:45   Link #1075
jfs90
Banned

Quote:
But that's just it, he killed the poor kid for a greater good, and from last week's ep it seems he plans to kill Nobu for the greater good as well (ie. before he turns into a destroyer king). So in the end it appears they're presenting him as a heroic character... (as much as I don't like it)

Re: Caesar, I read the summaries for episodes 19-21, and well. I won't say anything but apparently he's not the type of character around whom one can relax...

Caesar's death is really the most exciting part of the series for me. Will he die? Will he survive? Who kills him? Will they subvert his death and have Brutus die defending him? Or will Brutus straight-up backstab him? Will he die in Ichi's arms, redeemed of his sins? (Will Ichi cry for him?) Ahh, I want to know.
Mitsu has to be one pitiful faggot even more than we know if he talks shit about caesar after he saved his life..

and if he lied that caesar betrayed them and ichi asked nobunaga about it and heard that caesar isnt back because he got caught trying to save mitsu, I dont think ichi will be too happy with that and never forgive him.. mitsu isnt that dumb to make such a stupid lie

@kuromitsu

I saw the preview too, but where is the source from? Cant see any from the official sites and usually previews are released 1 week before each ep so to have 4 at once is strange...

but ya if caesar does die it will be in her arms for sure with him saying some lover boy last words to make sure she can never forget him lol...

question is will caesar come back as an enemy (but ofc secretly still trying to help nobu and co) or will he rejoin their side I think it could be caesar pretend to be back to evil scenario especially since his speech about masks in ep 17 where he mentioned about a 'second face'

That said caesars sins have already been redeemed... ichi and nobu seems to accept he killed people because of king arthur and now he is ichis boy toy, besides the way ichi worried about him shows she not only has forgiven, but is also attached to him

And mitsu may have done it for greater good but he did not have the balls to admit it to nobu and ichi letting them suspect takeda, cowardly imo

Last edited by jfs90; 2014-05-13 at 12:15.
Old 2014-05-13, 12:59   Link #1076
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Since the following seems to be a response to my comment, then allow me to reply:
Quote:
Mitsu has to be one pitiful faggot even more than we know if he talks shit about caesar after he saved his life.
Yeah, you’ll be surprised at what people can (and willing to) do for love. The only thing that can stop them from doing anything is their own common sense and moral codes, which fortunately Mitsu seem to have them to an certain degree.

Quote:
and if he lied that caesar betrayed them and ichi asked nobunaga about it and heard that caesar isnt back because he got caught trying to save mitsu, I dont think ichi will be too happy with that and never forgive him.. mitsu isnt that dumb to make such a stupid lie.
Actually, if Mitsu really intended to lie by saying that Caesar betrayed them, then previous Caesar’s effort in saving his life can be excused as a ploy to come back to Arthur’s side and taking Mitsu prisoner as a prize. It’s not like Nobu and others know what happened in West Star after they jump to Yomotsuhirasaka. And they’ll most likely believe any story told by Mitsu since they seem to trust him more.
Old 2014-05-13, 13:35   Link #1077
jfs90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Since the following seems to be a response to my comment, then allow me to reply:
Yeah, you’ll be surprised at what people can (and willing to) do for love. The only thing that can stop them from doing anything is their own common sense and moral codes, which fortunately Mitsu seem to have them to an certain degree.

Actually, if Mitsu really intended to lie by saying that Caesar betrayed them, then previous Caesar’s effort in saving his life can be excused as a ploy to come back to Arthur’s side and taking Mitsu prisoner as a prize. It’s not like Nobu and others know what happened in West Star after they jump to Yomotsuhirasaka. And they’ll most likely believe any story told by Mitsu since they seem to trust him more.
I agree... like I said he would have to be a real fag to do that.. even for love

Well caesar has publicly defied the round table and caused 2 of them to die.. nobu may trust mitsu, but hes not stupid to not suspect a vague story like that, maybe he will believe him at first but if caesar eventually returns later the lie will be found out eventually

So caesar went all the way to marry an eastern woman, 'pretends' to betray the round table, causing 2 of them to die and saving the destroyer kings life, helps rescue arthurs future wife jeanne, and duels cesare all in an elaborate ploy to kidnap the oda strategist as a prize?
Old 2014-05-13, 13:36   Link #1078
Thess

Spoiler for Pre-aired summaries for episodes 19-21:

Spoiler for People insulting Mitsuhide:

As kuromitsu says, Mitsuhide is presented as a hero, a tragic hero. This is an adaptation of the stage play Kawamori is doing and I haven't heard Mitsuhide is a villain at all.
Spoiler for potential spoilers (stage play):

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 13:45   Link #1079
jfs90
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Pre-aired summaries for episodes 19-21:

Spoiler for People insulting Mitsuhide:
im pretty sure caesar has a proper reason for that, idk if you are implying caesar has betrayed the oda again, but imo just wait.. maybe king arthur decides to spare him and orders him to be an emissary to negotiate( since he has good relations with the east), would make sense he will be the ideal mediator in negotiations, nothing there implies caesar has turned against nobu and ichi

caesar is in the ending and has a character song, trust me he is a good guy now and if he dies he will die as one

If it does seem like he switched sides again,it would be part of an elaborate plan or he was brainwashed by arthur

And I have read about what happened in the play long ago and yes that did happen, but the plot in the play is vastly different from anime and many characters (round table especially) were not even there

In the play caesar and ichi relationship is not developed nearly as in, the anime, there was no semblance of any love triangle when 'that' happened,and its already different in the anime last episode with ichi obviously caring about caesar and a proper love triangle forming.. I know japanese and Ive read forum discussions about the play for act 2 trust me character relationships in the play and anime is waaaay different
Caesar was still the main antagonist in act 2 of the stage play when 'that' happened, did you see the character credits for the play? Only 9 characters, the plot is very linear and they cant do much with it.
I wouldnt bet on the things being completely the same, though I still hope that scene happens just so mitsu can suffer more

Last edited by jfs90; 2014-05-13 at 14:01.
Old 2014-05-13, 13:46   Link #1080
kuromitsu

I just want to see him pose melodramatically with his pretty white mecha and say whatever in that beautiful voice.

(One of these days I'll have to change my user icon... xD but oh, I'm too attached to this other messed up white-haired guy voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi.)

Tags
bishonen, mecha