AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-05-05, 09:07   Link #141
kido22

by 2015 we will know the continuous
kido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 04:28   Link #142
vanilla96

Hmmmm.

I really wanna watch this movie so bad.
vanilla96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 15:23   Link #143
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Ladies and Gentlemen, this just in. It looks like Tamako Love Story will release on 10 October, 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla96 View Post
I really wanna watch this movie so bad.
In light of the news above, having a concrete release date gives us something to look forwards to, so soon, you'll get to see the movie
Old 2014-07-17, 19:33   Link #144
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Idolmaster movie's coming out in October, too. This is great.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 19:01   Link #145
garbage

surprisingly this is really good,

i felt the series was so -so , with some interesting bits, but the movie was far above that.
like what another poster said this is what the series should have been like..

best part : as always the cool cafe with it's cool master

" the bitterness of regret is proof of doing something, ....taste it one by one"

...looks like not a lot of people have watched it yet
Old 2014-10-22, 02:08   Link #146
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
That was equal parts great and equal parts awkward. It's like the studio crammed all the "romance" that was promised but never materialized in the TV series in a single go. Heck, Tamako even acts as dense as she did for the run of the TV airing... well, until a third of the way in anyway.

Then Mochizo happens, and we get this whole lot of awkward "avoiding each other" stuff. Kind of felt bad for Midori through all this.

The movie itself was RIDICULOUSLY pretty though.
Old 2014-10-22, 02:20   Link #147
Peanutbutter

Finished the movie.

Now then what was that hair cutting thing about anyways when the movie was announced?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 04:15   Link #148
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Well well well. That was much better than I thought it would be.

Although I wouldn't say the movie was stellar, it was indeed a vast improvement from the TV series, which at this stage I don't remember much about - I mainly remember bird antics, Kyoani moe antics and a bubbly airheaded but somewhat likable female lead in Tamako. Oh and that one really excellent episode about Tamako's dad.

For about half the series, the tone of the series was similar to the TV series but somewhere down the track it turned into a bit of a romance melodrama, but it had some heart into it so I could see where it was going. Though it was kinda childish and G-rated, it was actually somewhat sweet and less sappy than most of its kind so I could somewhat appreciate it. Perhaps though osanajimi shippers will like it more than I did however (Dragoonkain where are you)

The visuals were fantastic - as a movie production bu Kyoto Animation it was to be expected. Audio was also pretty good, particularly the OP song which I believe is the "full" version of the song that Tamako's dad played in that particular episode from the TV series.

Anyways, good on ya Kyoani for not producing something pretty good for once. Think it's the second anime only after Hyouka that they produced K-on/post K-on era that wasn't utter shit. 7/10.

P.S. Does this mean Kyoukai no Kanata movie won't be terrible like the TV series then?
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 06:21   Link #149
Blaat

Eh, Mochizou x Midori would have still been better.
Old 2014-10-25, 15:44   Link #150
Kazu-kun

^ You do realize Midori's head over heels for Tamako, right?
Old 2014-10-25, 15:51   Link #151
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Mochizou and Midori were destined for each other. If only the writers could just acknowledge that godammit...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 04:20   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I still can't tell if you guys are trolling me or if you genuinely believe that.
Old 2014-10-26, 04:22   Link #153
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Considering the number of yuri fans on Animesuki forums, my hunch is that they genuinely want that
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 10:52   Link #154
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I still can't tell if you guys are trolling me or if you genuinely believe that.
And you know what? Neither can I. >:3
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 11:44   Link #155
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Considering the number of yuri fans on Animesuki forums, my hunch is that they genuinely want that
Why would yuri fans want Midori and Mochizo to end up together?
Old 2014-10-26, 13:03   Link #156
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And you know what? Neither can I. >:3
Pretty much it's in a sweet spot right between serious and trolling.
Old 2014-10-26, 17:09   Link #157
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok I watched the movie and I've got to say: KyoAni still has it. They really should do more drama and romance, it really works for them. Ok it helps that I actually enjoyed Tamako Market and it helps even more that the only part of the show that I didn't like was the bloody bird which was thankfully removed from virtually the entire movie. Tamako is a sweet character, Midori is quite tragic given her feelings for Tamako but a good friend and Mochizou is a genuinely nice guy. I'm surprised though that the movie just ended there. I was hoping for at least a little prologue during/after the credits to show us Mochizou coming back from Tokyo or something.

When this movie was first announced I really wasn't expecting to see KyoAni bank on what looked like a failed franchise but I'm glad they did. They managed to up the series from slightly above average to almost Clannad levels which is bloody high praise in my book.

Now if only they would stick to doing this kind of stories instead of stuff like Kyoukai no Kanata...
Old 2014-10-26, 19:15   Link #158
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

When the screen went to black and that very last line being uttered, I was like "YES....YES YES YES" really loud. I'm so happy right now.

What can I saw about this movie. This fuckin movie exceeded all expectations for me. I loved every single fuckin minute of it. The flashback scenes with Mochizou and Tamako were nice, and seeing Tamako's mom just added more good feels to the overall volume of good feels this movie emitted. I also thought that using Tamako's dad's song as both the OP and ED was a nice touch. The production itself was KyoAni standard amazingness. Small details like using time-lapses and stuff like that really made the movie stand out for me. I absolutely hate endings like these where something major goes down at the very end and we, the viewers, don't get to see any kind of resolution or epilogue, with only just our imaginations to wonder what happens next. But at the same time, I'm kinda glad they did it...BECAUSE it leaves me to my imagination/

I also watched this on a whim to neglect my other obligations. Worth it.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 19:56   Link #159
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
So I get this movie hasn't betrayed the original premise of the TV series about love or needing love?
Old 2014-10-26, 20:22   Link #160
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
When the screen went to black and that very last line being uttered, I was like "YES....YES YES YES" really loud. I'm so happy right now.

What can I saw about this movie. This fuckin movie exceeded all expectations for me. I loved every single fuckin minute of it. The flashback scenes with Mochizou and Tamako were nice, and seeing Tamako's mom just added more good feels to the overall volume of good feels this movie emitted. I also thought that using Tamako's dad's song as both the OP and ED was a nice touch. The production itself was KyoAni standard amazingness. Small details like using time-lapses and stuff like that really made the movie stand out for me. I absolutely hate endings like these where something major goes down at the very end and we, the viewers, don't get to see any kind of resolution or epilogue, with only just our imaginations to wonder what happens next. But at the same time, I'm kinda glad they did it...BECAUSE it leaves me to my imagination/

I also watched this on a whim to neglect my other obligations. Worth it.
All this beating around the bush to come to a resolution at the last second.
The bird was the best thing about the series pity they didn't have more of him.

Also poor dude probably gonna miss/fail his entrance exam now
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote