AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-11, 09:28   Link #1
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Playstation Move Revealed

Well, some not so surprising news. Sony has decided to rip-off nintendo and admit it too, in an attempt to gain a stronger share hold on the market. I lol'd when I read this article.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/107/1076600p1.html
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 10:15   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

1. Wow, that's so blatant.
2. You can't have a good idea without expecting someone to copy it. That's how society progresses.
3. Looks like a sex toy.
Old 2010-03-11, 11:29   Link #3
tkdtiger

well that's not really new news, but than it's not really a surprised..

Sony and Nintendo has always had an interesting relationship...

Ever since Sony and Nintendo worked on designing what would eventually become the Playstation there have been accusation Sony copying Nintendo...shoot when the Playstation was designed Nintendo sued Sony and lost, but the irony is they lost not because the courts said Sony was in the right, but rather to put it simply Nintendo failed to patent the products.

But I'm all for competition : )
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 11:33   Link #4
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

As long as not every game is going to 'require' the use of this controller, I don't mind Sony puling a copy/paste. Still, I doubt this is going to be anything else than a big flop. The reason the wii is such a smashing hit is not because of the amazing wii-mote, but because it is a family console, and the cheapest on the market. It might to reasonable in gadget-crazy Japan, but outside Japan... would anyone have any interest in this at all?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 13:12   Link #5
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Learning from the best is a good thing in my opinion.

If Sony pulls this off right they might actually be able to FULLY introduce motion controls to hardcore games. As successful as the Wii is right now, it's truly a casual gamers console and hardcore games are never successful (unless it's first-party).

The controls seems to be more finely tuned than the Wiimote, so I'm curious as to what games they would come up with. Sony is in control of many GREAT first party studios, and it'll be great to see what those studios can do that Nintendo didn't.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 15:20   Link #6
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well curious to see how far they can make this go. Obviously fine fun for the party games. Be interesting to see if they can get it into more serious games.
Old 2010-03-11, 16:01   Link #7
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well the motion control is going to be somewhere between 100 ~ 200 dollars. So on top of paying for a PS3 console, you have to dump another hundred or two for motion controls. Go! Sony!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 16:12   Link #8
ShinGundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well the motion control is going to be somewhere between 100 ~ 200 dollars. So on top of paying for a PS3 console, you have to dump another hundred or two for motion controls. Go! Sony!
Wrong , the price is somewhere between 599~600 $ony
I am an expert
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 16:16   Link #9
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
If Sony doesn't deliver a must have game as a selling point, this is gonna fail.

I know I'll pass on it unless I can't help but fall into temptation of an awesome game. I mean REALLY awesome. Judging from how Sony managed to find THE seller for the PS3 ... it'll be an entry in their history. I'm a Sony fangirl, but this? Tztz.
But well, might as well sit back and watch it all unfold~

And it really does look like a sex toy. Is the vibration function adjustable? XD
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 16:50   Link #10
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I liked it. Now it's kinda bad, since there's no games and stuff, but i see a lot of possibilities coming from the move. New games from sony or another 3rd party that push the boundaries...

Well, at least there is sony, i don't know if 3rd parties will do anything more than porting a couple of Wii games for now.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 21:58   Link #11
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
And it really does look like a sex toy. Is the vibration function adjustable? XD
If they can get SEGA on board, maybe we'll finally get Space Channel 5 part 3. Seems ideal for a motion controller like the Wii or this unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Maybe that explains the cost?
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 23:10   Link #12
FateAnomaly

Definitely something i won't buy.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 23:18   Link #13
Peterbigeyes

I am not surprised. No product is 'original' in this age. Everything is inspired or has evolved from another.
Peterbigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 23:21   Link #14
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I don't think it'll be a failure as the PSPGo will be, but it won't come close to even scraping the paintjob of the Wii. At most, it'll be a modest success that'll help it retain its current market share.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 06:36   Link #15
AnimeFangirl

Sony's wasting their time. At this point their console is already established. Unless they plan to replace the Sixaxis or whatever it's called, the Move will just be a gimmicky extra required for a few games, kind of like the Mario Kart wheel or those light gun things. I for one will not shell out money for them, no mattter what game they're attached to. No, not even Persona 5.
Old 2010-03-12, 06:40   Link #16
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
I for one will not shell out money for them, no mattter what game they're attached to. No, not even Persona 5.
You're not exactly using a proper example of the kind of games that may benefit from this controller. For JRPG's, which are mainly menu-based, these kinds of controllers are gimmicky at best, but imagine playing... say... Call of Duty with this.
Old 2010-03-12, 07:01   Link #17
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You're not exactly using a proper example of the kind of games that may benefit from this controller. For JRPG's, which are mainly menu-based, these kinds of controllers are gimmicky at best, but imagine playing... say... Call of Duty with this.
There's no doubt there'll be a few good ideas or game revolved around Move here and there (( same applies to MS's Natal )), but the question is how far developers can take it go. Like what Dorfl said, it's very gimmicky. This is true even for the Wii.

Besides, stuff like Call of Duty (( with Move )) and all that would simply retain the status quo of the current console market though. Sony's not going to be making any dents to the majority market that Wii holds casually, pun intended.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 07:48   Link #18
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I don't see the casual market going for the PS3 at all. The wii has a homey appearance and reputation, a true family console, whereas the PS3 is more of a 'gamer' console. Just throwing in a copy of the wii-mote is not going to change that reputation, nor encourage anyone to buy a more expensive console with a smaller library of family games.

The only way I can see this gimmick work is to try and incorporate it into the kind of games people buy a PS3 for. But even then, as I said before I don't expect it to do well outside of gadget-crazy Japan.
Old 2010-03-12, 14:25   Link #19
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
1. If I ever bought a PS3, I'd be buying it for the JRPGs. I already have a Wii for the family games
2. I'm finding it very hard to imagine that the crowd that would be swayed by Call of Duty would also be swayed by a knockoff Wiimote. FPS players tend to be on the tougher side of the gamer spectrum. They already know how to work a standard controller just fine.
Old 2010-03-12, 14:39   Link #20
ZeroForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
pretty sure it was already mentioned (forgot who but it was noted) that the full set will sell for less then 100, at least in the US, I'm sure it'll probably be more elsewhere.

honestly not really interested as I barely play the wii as is and i certain don't play it for motion control games when I do. It's all about the games either way, but as there are some notablable companies (actually a crap ton) designing games for it, it's a wait and see.