AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-06-10, 07:07   Link #61
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

England Usa
Old 2010-06-10, 07:31   Link #62
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol. I support England.

<<<<< You see?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 10:10   Link #63
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Ready to roll!!
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 10:55   Link #64
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

USA USA USA USA. just need to get Rooney sent off, then the US will win.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 12:12   Link #65
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol. I support England.

<<<<< You see?
Yep, you can leave.
Old 2010-06-10, 12:58   Link #66
Rickketik

England will probably win but I will be supporting USA. I like them better.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 13:30   Link #67
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Heh, my country is many years away from being able to being competitive on the international level, so I don't really has a specific team to root for. I suppose being an Asian means I should support one of the teams? Although now that I'm living in the Netherlands, at least publicly I should support them as well...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 13:43   Link #68
justavisitor

Well, I am sure everyone knows that USA beat England 1-0 back in 1930s...and hmm...USA has improved a lot since that time, so an upset is not out of the reach

still haven't decided which teams I should support...nowadays many national teams play similar style of football (except brazil I guess)...oh well I might support England, for Beckham's sake..but he is not there
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 14:43   Link #69
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post

still haven't decided which teams I should support...
I can choose for you : France.

Don't thanks me.
Old 2010-06-10, 15:03   Link #70
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It would be funny if the USA has another tournament like the IIHF World Championship where they drop 3 straight games only to pound some non-competitive team in relegation. Actually do they even have relegation in the World Cup or do they just go straight home if they lose a group.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 15:09   Link #71
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It would be funny if the USA has another tournament like the IIHF World Championship where they drop 3 straight games only to pound some non-competitive team in relegation. Actually do they even have relegation in the World Cup or do they just go straight home if they lose a group.
If they lose in the group for general play after the 3 matches, they go home I believe.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 15:15   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Yes, if they're not in the top two of their group after all the group games then they're dropped out.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 16:40   Link #73
Kusa-San

This concert is really good !
Old 2010-06-10, 17:18   Link #74
Bri

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's 2006 World Cup all over again for the US. In 2006 they got a draw against future world champion Italy, lost both it's other matches and ended up last in the group, exit tournament. The fixation on the England match could result in the same thing. Qualification to the next round is earned in the matches with Algeria and Slovenia, not England. Slovenia even managed to take out the Russians in a 2-leg play-off so should not be underestimated by the US team. Certainly not given their own vulnerable defense.

The US team has talented players in their primary squad but they lack experience in competitive international tournaments. The team as a whole has got some nice results against top tier nations in friendlies and B-tournaments in recent years, but how will they perform when the opposition puts on it's game face? That's the big question for now.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 21:17   Link #75
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
This concert is really good !
It is, but I'm pissed at American TV cutting out the first minute of K'naan's song because they disagreed with the lyrics, specifically talking how Somalia is "a violent prone, poor people zone" which Coca-Cola also disagreed with. First amendment much, eh?

Tomorrow's gonna be a good day~
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 01:41   Link #76
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

USA are good. i think there gonna give England a run for there money.

and it loks worse if Englad lose than if USA lose.

we are better than USA but, if anyone takes USA litley they wil be sorry. they got some good players and good teamwork.
Old 2010-06-11, 06:32   Link #77
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

England vs USA is gonna to be a interesting match.

On one hand we have a team who seem incapable of keeping out goals (USA) and probably never heard of clean sheets but were able to beat a near undefeated Spain last year. The other hand we have England who are famous for goaless draws and losing penalty shoot outs and not even qualifying for the last Euro Cup but far as this tournament is concerned are one of the top seeds.
Old 2010-06-11, 06:35   Link #78
Sides

Rooting for Spain, since Scotland missed out again. The Netherlands have a pretty solid squad as well, but i think Spain have the momentum on their side.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 06:55   Link #79
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Exclamation It's about to start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Meh, methinks the English become "British" only when it suits them. In any case, it's not as though there's much choice: Scotland or Wales are not in the final 32.
Then I guess when we compete during the Olympics or other international athletic events, we become British just cause it "suits us"
Naturally Scotland aren't in this to support their own first as England would, but since it's on an international level based on the UK's #1 sport, I'm fairly sure the entire island will be watching how England play, esp against US.
*high fives* And Vinderloo!
WE'RE EN-G-LAAAAAAND!
We're gonna score one more than you~

Ah, the high school memories that come with that *sighs*
- Three Lions on a Shirt is also nice in a warm, fuzzy way
(Holy crap that was World Cup 1996)
Time flies so fast...
I wonder what England's theme tune is this year, Yoko can you shed light on it?
*hums "na-na-naaaa~, na-na-naaa~" to herself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Let's meet again in the quarters or semis - for another penalty shootout ^_^
Just have to make sure it doesn't get that far, thank you very much
History of England vs Germany games
-We still got one up on you given the bigger picture, however seeing what happened at UEFA this year, should be meet, revenge will need to be extracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
You're telling me, I'm here in London and I'll be everyone's enemy here, so I kinda feel ya there
You're in my homecity?
Mystie-->
Quote:
But it's on Saturday (Sunday for you, I guess) so it's a good time to spend an all-nighter for the sake of the first game your team is playing. I probably wouldn't do it since I'm not so hardcore about it iibh, but if I was and I felt it was worth the note, I'd totally spend it out.
Even if I tried to stay up, as sleep deprived as I've been for weeks (if not months), I'll pass out.
2.30am is just not feasible, so sadly I will miss out on most of the major matches this time around. It's only 4 years until the next one, I guess. :\
Quote:
Can't say I'm homesick for the US, but if it was Italy playing, I know I would, because if they ever played the UK, again I'd be the center of ostricism You're lucky you're in a place that's relatively neutral to either side that's playing at the moment (lucky to be in Japan at all O.O). Just grab a bunch of friends, get them to make flags and banners and camp outside a random pub for the night and you'll probably be able to rally a few people to your cause
Around a pub at 2.30am? Not likely
It's not as easy as it is in London to just walk around the corner and join any group of fans in their joy or sadness. For the few friends I have here, they aren't interested in football, so the atmosphere, magic, buzz and hype is lost for 2010 I guess.
It’s just not the same, and they’re calling it ‘soccer’ for crying out loud ><;;;;
Tis tres bizarre…

There's a pang within me that'll remain for the month, most of the cheering is also done at home and I live on my own here, so I guess I'll say 'enjoy the magic of the world cup that touches London for a month' on my behalf

I am watchin NHK right now, they had some fun Japanese "roolingans" around the country each supporting their country of their choice as well as a 'top ten' best player that they like (seems to be Agentina's Messi)
It begins in 10mins, so checking out the opening at least, but for the US vs England match, I'll just have to wake up on Sunday hopefully to some good news. *fingers crossed*

Watching the NHK fan segment has made me even more homesick, lol.
I've not watched football seriously since living here (18 months) as their love is baseball to be honest. But seeing some of the mad skillz dribbles of those top 10 players, (footy sure has gotten even more intense in the last two years, lol), the long ass distance goals, the mad crazy angles that the ball gets in the net.
(and my most fav part)
The reactions of the strikers after they've scored a goal.
The rush, the adrenalin, the energy...
Nothing quite like it

The girl may be taken out of the country of football
But the essence of football cannot be taken out of the girl

It's about to start, look forward to the opening ceremony

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2010-06-11 at 07:08.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 07:20   Link #80
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Just have to make sure it doesn't get that far, thank you very much
I like penalty shootouts. So very nerve-racking, and almost always with the "right" ending

Quote:
History of England vs Germany games
-We still got one up on you given the bigger picture, however seeing what happened at UEFA this year, should be meet, revenge will need to be extracted
Well... there were the Below 21 championships, the womens' championships... I think it's fair to say that all things considered we mostly had the better end in the last decades, at least when it really counted.

Besides, matches against you guys are always highlights. English teams fight ferociously, but without the nastiness which is so common with more southern and/or latin-american teams. No hidden fouls. An honest battle with an open visor, which is how it should be. So, should we meet, I'll be looking forward to it ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifa, football, soccer, sports, world cup