AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 07:07   Link #681
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I don't think this series will be axe considering how well the manga is doing unless it went down for some odd reasons.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 10:49   Link #682
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Also, You do realize that the fact the key broke was just a plot device to postpone the question whether Chitoge's is the real key, right?
postpone?, hello? the key broke, how can that be a postpone plot device? it's clearly state: "this key is not for this hole" which mean: "yours is not the correct one" and conclude: "you're not the one made promise with him in the past"

mmm... may be I should use more primitive example.......for the message to get through

ah! it like this penis (humans) is not for this vagina (elephants)

hope it clear enough

Quote:
Once this arc is over I expect Marika to be in the same "secondary" position as Onodera.
Onodera status already screwed from the moment she lies to him (about the key)
unlike Marika that have lots of 'back up'

Quote:
How is her key proof that she is the one he made the promise with? Please don't tell me vague key designs are your only clue here. If they made a promise then why did their fathers need to force them into an arranged marriage. Marika knows as much about the promise as the rest.
their fathers didn't force it, it because those two so close to each other, that two fathers agreed into it. The Locket is reminder, in case their little ones, forgot about the promise.
If Marika's father so doting on her daughter, and unable to resist her will to married to this Yakuza boy, than it's match. How come such two archenemies engaged their offspring if not for the sake of their little one?

The childhood photo of Marika and Raku? with Locket and Key purposely being visible? as a clue?

and....vague key design? oh! sorry didn't now you have such bad eyesight (just kidding) XD
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 11:23   Link #683
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

She broke it because she was nervous and used too much force so she levered it instead of turning. You open a lock by turning and a key doesn't break by just turning around it's longer axis. Maybe you should actually read what is being said instead of just looking at the funny pictures.

I thought it was clear that this moment definitely didn't mean Chitoge's key isn't the right one. I mean is there someone else that thinks that way?

Also, fall for red herring much?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 12:17   Link #684
surerman
Banned

Quote:
She broke it because she was nervous and used too much force so she levered it instead of turning. You open a lock by turning and a key doesn't break by just turning around it's longer axis. Maybe you should actually read what is being said instead of just looking at the funny pictures.

I thought it was clear that this moment definitely didn't mean Chitoge's key isn't the right one. I mean is there someone else that thinks that way?

Also, fall for red herring much?
fine..fine...you're Chitoge fans, then what your opinion of this pic then?
I doubt the author put those two items in the toddlers hand visible in the open, just to introduce Marika into the reader, and Chitoge's Mafia father line, mentioned about 'get along well with that girl, the one Raku come with, when play with Chitoge'.

do you think the pic mean author said to the readers:
"heey..this picture of those two has nothing related to the key in current time, it's just a blunder, have no meaning, just to introduce new harem member"

red herring? what the heck is that? something killable?

*warlock show some google image search result*
oh! a fish.....but... what ever fish have anything to do with our discussion?

Last edited by surerman; 2012-08-12 at 12:27.
Old 2012-08-12, 12:26   Link #685
Xaturas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

Anyway I think that Chitoge will win, though Marika key is the only one that actually looks like it may open the lock.
I don't think that designers of lock would make a completely different looking key. Most of the time lock and key designs match so that its easier for users to identify them.
Old 2012-08-12, 12:38   Link #686
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

Anyway I think that Chitoge will win, though Marika key is the only one that actually looks like it may open the lock.

I don't think that designers of lock would make a completely different looking key. Most of the time lock and key designs match so that its easier for users to identify them.
at last.... some one with good eyesight

If Chitoge still win when Marika key open the locket, what the point of holding a promise for 10 years then? just throw it off and be done with it since long time ago is the smarter way isn't it?.

Isn't 10 years old promise is this manga core?

well, us Killers not so fond of some one that cross his own promise (may be because the Nature of our jobs),

so if Raku really didn't uphold his promise and goes for Blonde Gorilla, despite the so called promise condition fulfilled by Marika (open the locket with her key), I'd say he didn't worth a girl like Marika.

Like old saying, there's no way Crocodile have child with Tiger

an S for an M , a dove for a dove, an ape for an ape
Old 2012-08-12, 13:08   Link #687
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Oh god why did I even start to try and argue with someone so... special.

Let's leave it right there. You're right, Marika, the girl that was introduced by chapter ~30 should win because she has already openend the lock with her key which definitely means she is the one Raku made the promise with.

Oh and since you seem to be new to them, welcome to romcoms.
Old 2012-08-12, 13:42   Link #688
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Oh god why did I even start to try and argue with someone so... special.
is that a flattery?
well.. I'm not so special like what you think, my serial number is 87171982 which mean there's more than 7 million of 'me' that will replace me once I've ceased to function in this 'reducing human population' industry
but this is our manner if some one praise us....thank you *bow*
Quote:
Let's leave it right there. You're right, Marika, the girl that was introduced by chapter ~30 should win because she has already opened the lock with her key which definitely means she is the one Raku made the promise with.
bold: eh? she did? when?, which chapter? am I miss some chapter?

IMO, yes she should win, if not, then the promise thingy and locket thingy will become obsolete and is a proof that this author didn't remember/read his own creation or suffer an acute Memory disorder disease, or may be ...well...just follow the editor direction

Quote:
Oh and since you seem to be new to them, welcome to romcoms.
what is romcom? something killable?
*warlock show wikipedia search result to me*
oh! some genre I see....romcom = romantic comedy *read the definition*

which part of cross your own promise (if Chitoge win) is a comedy ?

forgive me, but we Killers take 'promise' quite seriously, like Yuki Onna that will kill an adult human whose make promise to marry them in his childhood, even if it just verbally
Hmm...may be because we didn't differentiate between "Vow","Pledge" and "Promise"
Old 2012-08-12, 16:48   Link #689
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Jesus, what did I start.

surerman: Nisekoi is a part of a very common genre of fiction known as romantic comedy, wherein the story is a mixture of romance and, well, comedy. I...really don't know how to make it simpler.

And Waven's point -- and mine, delivered in a single line because I really didn't think it needed more -- is that romantic comedy fiction is, for the most part, highly predictable. I don't necessarily mean the events, as in whether I could predict what's coming next chapter or not, but if you've watched and read and encountered enough of them then it's intuitive to grasp how the character dynamics of a given work goes.

Chitoge and Raku's relationship is the kind which is called by the foremost authority of fiction on the Internet, TVTropes, as Slap Slap Kiss, which, I quote, is "all but universal in romantic stories." Basically, Boy and Girl meets in certain interesting circumstances; Boy and Girl bickers a lot over this and that; Boy and Girl slowly falls in love with time as they bicker back and forth; Boy and Girl realize their feelings for each other, Happy End.

It's a very, very popular trope. It's how romantic comedy works in Hollywood films, in Shounen Jump, in Asian dramas, in Jane Austen, so on and so forth. You have to be pretty damn insulated from romantic comedy fiction to don't know what we're talking about and why I think it's "Chitoge's show." It has nothing whatseover to do with whether we are fans of Chitoge or Onodera or Mari or Bodyguard-chwan or Onodera's cute little friend. It's not because I or Waven or anyone likes Chitoge better that we think that the tsundere gorilla is the special girl in this story, it's because Nisekoi is a comfortably normal romantic comedy and we understand that.

P.S. I'm afraid to ask, but... the fuck is that Killers thing you're always going on about anyway...?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 19:08   Link #690
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

She's cute with long hair!!
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 20:03   Link #691
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
a real man didn't betray his word either

he said he will married the one he make promise with, turn out to be Marika with the key as proof, yet still latch onto blonde gorilla with "prevent Mafia and Yakuza wars" as an excuse.

what indonesian word for this kind of behavior again?...yeah that's it...."Bermuka dua"
Raku isn't a selfish as you thought. He is doing for the mankind and world peace. He is a hero. Do you ever heard of political marriage?

Political marriage > Silly promises.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 22:55   Link #692
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Jesus, what did I start.
your friend? hey! introduce him to me
*warlock hit me...show some pic from google*
oo...h sorry! *bow sincerely*

Quote:
surerman: Nisekoi is a part of a very common genre of fiction known as romantic comedy, wherein the story is a mixture of romance and, well, comedy. I...really don't know how to make it simpler.

And Waven's point -- and mine, delivered in a single line because I really didn't think it needed more -- is that romantic comedy fiction is, for the most part, highly predictable. I don't necessarily mean the events, as in whether I could predict what's coming next chapter or not, but if you've watched and read and encountered enough of them then it's intuitive to grasp how the character dynamics of a given work goes.

Chitoge and Raku's relationship is the kind which is called by the foremost authority of fiction on the Internet, TVTropes, as Slap Slap Kiss, which, I quote, is "all but universal in romantic stories." Basically, Boy and Girl meets in certain interesting circumstances; Boy and Girl bickers a lot over this and that; Boy and Girl slowly falls in love with time as they bicker back and forth; Boy and Girl realize their feelings for each other, Happy End.

It's a very, very popular trope. It's how romantic comedy works in Hollywood films, in Shounen Jump, in Asian dramas, in Jane Austen, so on and so forth. You have to be pretty damn insulated from romantic comedy fiction to don't know what we're talking about and why I think it's "Chitoge's show." It has nothing whatseover to do with whether we are fans of Chitoge or Onodera or Mari or Bodyguard-chwan or Onodera's cute little friend. It's not because I or Waven or anyone likes Chitoge better that we think that the tsundere gorilla is the special girl in this story, it's because Nisekoi is a comfortably normal romantic comedy and we understand that.
Yeah! there's not much anime from different genre, a prisoner like me can watch in this mobile prison *sigh* how I miss outside-this wall-world-live T _ T

that's quite an explanation...you are a good man....I like you
are you a Capricorn? you can give good explanation, like em

Quote:
P.S. I'm afraid to ask, but... the fuck is that Killers thing you're always going on about anyway...?
like human said..... don't pry too much on a girl secret
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
Jump Next's Extra Chapter: Kosaki welcomes her husband home.

Spoiler for extra chapter:
Onodera is a lewd girl wahahahaha
are she's in heat?
...oh speaking 'in heat' are human girls also have their own unique trait?, or sign?
I know if it human male, he's shed sperm unconsciously in his dream, and still retain their 'morning wood' at sunrise, but how about girls? become wet down there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
She's cute with long hair!!
agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Raku isn't a selfish as you thought. He is doing for the mankind and world peace. He is a hero. Do you ever heard of political marriage?

Political marriage > Silly promises.
oh! political marriage, yes I have, it's quite heroic, but mostly just a facade, so the perperator executed once their political value waning. Like a Kamikaze attack.

Promised Marriage worth more respect than Political Marriage (it's just our different culture buddy, no hard feeling ok?!)

are this just me or......the dog resemble Chitoge ?
it's expression I mean
Old 2012-08-12, 23:08   Link #693
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Jump Next's Extra Chapter: Kosaki welcomes her husband home.

Spoiler for extra chapter:
I wonder does that really happen in real life, people sharing dreams? Sounds far fetch to me.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 23:45   Link #694
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I wonder does that really happen in real life, people sharing dreams? Sounds far fetch to me.
not really, there's some common trait among human called telepathy. Usually shared between two individual with strong emotion bonds like mother to her own child, but this also displayed between two separated individual that have same brain wavelength (usually achieved by doing exactly same activity for prolonged times or same emotional condition)

Going through dangerous situation also can give same effect, where some stranger can see from other person (in a pinch) perspective. Long time partner Detective/Police usually share this kind of trait

This is part of mystery of human minds so it's kinda vague
Old 2012-08-13, 00:04   Link #695
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
You people are again taking this extra too seriously. The dream is a narrative device used for comedy, and that's all. It's the same way turtles FLY in Love Hina. No explanation needed; it just IS.
Old 2012-08-13, 00:53   Link #696
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You people are again taking this extra too seriously. The dream is a narrative device used for comedy, and that's all. It's the same way turtles FLY in Love Hina. No explanation needed; it just IS.
oh my
look like we make some one angry

We're sorry....Gomenasai ne!
Old 2012-08-17, 07:49   Link #697
Gundamx

Quote:
Chapter 38:

Spoiler for 38:
LoL, finally some Koaski love + thanks for the spoiler.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 15:03   Link #698
Xaturas

I wish that those last 2 chapters would get translated asap.
Old 2012-08-31, 22:03   Link #699
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Super troll chapter

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 04:21   Link #700
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Looks like a fun chapter, as usual.

As for translations: You might want to check the scan group's website, there's a reason posted why the last chapters have been delayed. Betterread it before asking about the translations.

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life