AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-02-28, 20:00   Link #5941
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
I have blanked my mind of all of the flashback nonsense.
Heero did not shoot him... he gave him a package aboard a shuttle, then got off and got back with his mom... the package had a bomb. I don't think the Black WZ pilot is the real person, but a Residue of his conscience, just like the Zech that pilots epyon
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 11:03   Link #5942
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Heero did not shoot him... he gave him a package aboard a shuttle, then got off and got back with his mom... the package had a bomb. I don't think the Black WZ pilot is the real person, but a Residue of his conscience, just like the Zech that pilots epyon
I think Heero and Vingt meet when they were really little. In GoL, there's a page where I think it was Vingt who gave Heero an origami crane. Later in the FT novel, Odin was supposed to kill Angelina/Angela/Traize's mother for some reason and instead Heero took the shot and killed her and Vingt, or something along those lines.

I could believe that this Vingt is a residual version of him, but I don't recall Vingt ever being a pilot or test subject for any MS.

I wonder if that's supposed to be Vingt in that picture with Sally....

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 11:16   Link #5943
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
The real question is: will GOL cover EW and events between it and the TV series?
Like Prime said, EW is almost a certainty. I really hope they cover the events between the series and EW though.
Old 2014-03-02, 21:21   Link #5944
Knight_SV

And gol cover on events between tv series and ew would be the canonical?
For all the existing cover on between tv and ew(blind target, battlefield of pacifist etc.) only blind target that i found nice. But strangely the gundams design were still the tv version in the manga.
I want to imagined what if ew story using the tv series design
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 21:24   Link #5945
FalsePrime

Given EW designs are far, far more popular then the TV designs I can't see them ever bothering to redo EW's storyline with TV designs. There just isn't a base for it.

Also out of all the extra's Blind Target is the most likely given they have reissued the Blind Target Drama CD's with the Blu Ray boxsets. Blind Target isn't just TV designs either. It features Wing Gundam Zero EW, and Heero kisses Relena in Blind. So given these three things I could easily see Sumizawa add it in.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 22:43   Link #5946
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I hate to say it but I'm sorely disappointed by Glory of Losers thus far. I was expecting some more details to be fleshed out much like the Origin did for Gundam, but alas that doesn't seem to be the case, nor will it. It's pushing along at a breakneck speed skipping over a vast majority of plot points and what not. Now if somehow they incorporate Blind Target and Battlefield of Pacifists in this as a segue into Endless Waltz and Frozen Teardrop tie-in, some loose ends may be cleaned up.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 22:49   Link #5947
Blazer-X

I'd like to think of GoL as a source of really cool re-interpretation of EW GWing designs... and not much else.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 22:51   Link #5948
FalsePrime

I understand the complaint about the pacing being to fast, and them not covering enough, but for me these are actually postiives.

Wing's plot has always been it weakest link, and the designs, art, and battles always were the highlight for me, and that is exactly what GoL has chosen to focus on. In fact these very things are why I'm excited to see it when it gets to Frozen Teardrop.

In all likely hood it's going to cut all the bullshit from the Novel's and keep only what they need to keep a pace that is inline with the TV part of the story, and this is nothing but a positive step when it comes to FT.
Old 2014-03-03, 00:09   Link #5949
Tendou Souji

I think the pacing is too slow still. We barely have anything happen for months at a time but I agree that retreading the TV series to a T is boring and completely pointless. Early on in the manga we were getting new scenes like Treize with blueprints for the suits, some Wufei flashbacks, Katrina Peacecraft, a Heero flashback etc. Now it is just following the anime perfectly with little new stuff. It moves so slow that we won't see Deathscythe using the new weapons for a long time. I was hoping this would have made Alex and Mueller better characters that did something before dying to fix Wings problem of few named aces but instead they were shown early and then skipped over. Then we get pointless chapters like the previous chapter with Treize just talking, the Heero chapter early on with his toy Leo which barely revealed anything etc. This whole project is full of so much stalling it sickens me. These chapters could have been used to add in content from Episode Zero and possibly Frozen Teardrop content. But no. We aren't getting anything new. Instead just the same old same old. Glory was amazing early on but tapered out after the Tallgeese fight.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 01:09   Link #5950
Elo the Blue

Quote:
I think the pacing is too slow still. We barely have anything happen for months at a time but I agree that retreading the TV series to a T is boring and completely pointless. Early on in the manga we were getting new scenes like Treize with blueprints for the suits, some Wufei flashbacks, Katrina Peacecraft, a Heero flashback etc. Now it is just following the anime perfectly with little new stuff. It moves so slow that we won't see Deathscythe using the new weapons for a long time. I was hoping this would have made Alex and Mueller better characters that did something before dying to fix Wings problem of few named aces but instead they were shown early and then skipped over. Then we get pointless chapters like the previous chapter with Treize just talking, the Heero chapter early on with his toy Leo which barely revealed anything etc. This whole project is full of so much stalling it sickens me. These chapters could have been used to add in content from Episode Zero and possibly Frozen Teardrop content. But no. We aren't getting anything new. Instead just the same old same old. Glory was amazing early on but tapered out after the Tallgeese fight.
The lack of named aces has long bugged me as well. I was so pumped when some of the OZ cadets first mentioned in FT that studied alongside Zechs and Noin appeared during the reinterpreted Operation Daybreak, but they've never been shown again.

The plot hit a notable lull after the colony arc in the TV series in my opinion. Maybe/hopefully, Sumizawa fleshes out more details and adds new scenes before the White Fang arc.
Old 2014-03-04, 00:29   Link #5951
Knight_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Given EW designs are far, far more popular then the TV designs I can't see them ever bothering to redo EW's storyline with TV designs. There just isn't a base for it.

Also out of all the extra's Blind Target is the most likely given they have reissued the Blind Target Drama CD's with the Blu Ray boxsets. Blind Target isn't just TV designs either. It features Wing Gundam Zero EW, and Heero kisses Relena in Blind. So given these three things I could easily see Sumizawa add it in.
??? I don't see wing zero ew was present in blind taget manga panel at all. The front cover was heero and wing zero ew, but the wing zero in the story presented was the tv series. Is blind target really considered canon?
Old 2014-03-04, 02:28   Link #5952
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
??? I don't see wing zero ew was present in blind taget manga panel at all. The front cover was heero and wing zero ew, but the wing zero in the story presented was the tv series. Is blind target really considered canon?
My understanding of all things Gundam in accordance toSunrise and Bandai is that if it's not animated, it's not cannon. So in all technicality, FT is not cannon (thank the heavens!) and neither is Blind Target or any of the other mangas.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 03:09   Link #5953
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
My understanding of all things Gundam in accordance toSunrise and Bandai is that if it's not animated, it's not cannon. So in all technicality, FT is not cannon (thank the heavens!) and neither is Blind Target or any of the other mangas.
It's true in the past, they have been pretty Anime only. However things might not be quite so clear cut anymore.

With things like the Astray Shorts, and now bundling Blind Target with the actual TV Blu Ray sets. More so we need to know where they stand on the 10 minute extra animation they created for 08th Team and the Picture Drama that is also packaged with Wing TV Blu Rays.

So right now, it's really hard to say what is Canon to Gundam Wing and what isn't.
Old 2014-03-04, 07:43   Link #5954
Knight_SV

Well if sunrise choose to animate gol and ft then both are considered canon lol
Old 2014-03-04, 13:51   Link #5955
Elo the Blue

There are major parts of Episode Zero that aren't animated, yet are universally accepted as canon. For me, BT and BoP are canon.
Old 2014-03-05, 12:34   Link #5956
gordol
Banned

Looks like Sally appears to Kathy

Quote:
标题为"邂逅的协奏曲"

主要是以凯西为主视点,时间点是希罗潜入巴比伦要塞后,卡多鲁(W教授)察觉到希罗的行动,提出攻入巴比伦 要塞,不过不是为了救出希罗和莉莉娜,而是阻止要塞继续前进

狄奥(神父)就说希罗这次去不是为了杀莉莉娜,而是为了把她带回来,于是就叫上凯西协助他进入要塞救出"那 两个有勇无谋之人"

然后两人就乘预防者的巡洋舰接近要塞并顺利潜入,途中目睹了卡多鲁正驾驶白雪公主出击前去截击 黑色零式

潜入要塞后狄奥前去寻找希罗,而凯西则准备逃脱的工具,这时候却在机库看见了一个似乎是拉达格林共和国的萨 古斯特佐的身影,就在她追上去的时候,发觉另一个女性的身影——凯西的母亲,莎莉

原来是凯西在机库中看见母亲的画像产生的幻觉,这里还提到了,莎莉在凯西还小的时候,在执行任务中发生意外 已经离世的讯息

这时狄奥的通讯传来,他把受伤治愈的希罗和被捆起来失去意识的比露迪带回来(这里狄奥好狠,把前妻打昏后再 绑起扛过来

记忆被调整后的希罗对凯西说"我已经失去力量保护我要保护的女人"

另一方面,击败了五飞和米尔俩师徒后,范驾驶的黑色零式被卡多鲁,卡多莉奴,娜伊娜,小狄奥和福波斯五人包 围

而卡多鲁为了打倒范,调用了残存在白雪公主内的希罗部分记忆来协助自己
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 15:33   Link #5957
Tendou Souji

So Sally is dead? I was wondering what 2ch was talking about.
Old 2014-03-05, 19:03   Link #5958
gordol
Banned

Quote:
So Sally is dead? I was wondering what 2ch was talking about.
It appears she died on duty when Kathy was very young.

Can't wait for the March chapter, perhaps some Heero/Vingt interaction.

No hope for suit reveals until 2015
Old 2014-03-05, 20:35   Link #5959
Tendou Souji

I can't believe they are willing to go 5 years without revealing the main suit. I think they are still serious about this project too even though it is "failing". Ricardo Fellini was shown wearing Heero's new clothes in promo art.
Old 2014-03-05, 20:43   Link #5960
gordol
Banned

Quote:
I can't believe they are willing to go 5 years without revealing the main suit. I think they are still serious about this project too even though it is "failing". Ricardo Fellini was shown wearing Heero's new clothes in promo art.
-GBF ends this month, has gunpla until April known for now.
-Origin begins in October and will take over all HG and MG release spots until September 2015!!!
-This would be good timing to release MG Altron EW but nothing hinted for now, June is Turn X

Bad outlook for a Snow White reveal/MG, unless a miracle happens

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing