AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-04, 17:48   Link #1121
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The battlecarrier was always heavily armed. In the older game, it was basically the most powerful Gamilon ship in the fleet, and slightly more so when its Mark II version came out with a Dessler Cannon. It was one of the few ships that could reasonably go toe to toe with Yamato, with its main weakness being a lackluster defense system. But then, most ships have a lackluster defense system compared to Yamato's massed AA guns. Only a few of the large Cometine and Dark Nebula carriers have that many AA guns.

However, the Gamilas battlecarrier from Yamato 2199 is as good or better than the original, since it has even more guns added to the underside and the aft portion of the rotated deck sections. It has so far only really lost its mine launching system, since mines don't seem to be a thing anymore (since it realistically is a impractical concept to mine vast areas of space, plus a ship should be able to just warp around it anyway, if they don't just fly around the area denial setup).

Unlike a real world concept of the battlecarrier, the space based version is reasonably superior to battleships around its size, and supports fighters, which can be useful in the Yamato universe. The Earth battleships are all moderate battlecarriers due to them all carrying a squadron or three of fighters anyway. Just the Earth's actual battlecarriers now carry a lot more fighters than that, while seemingly sacrificing only the aft turrets, and the majority of their missile batteries.
Old 2017-12-04, 19:00   Link #1122
skaianDestiny

I wonder if they do a remake of the later seasons how they'll reconcile the later versions of the Gamilas battlecarrier. IIRC it went through design changes as the series went on.
skaianDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-05, 05:12   Link #1123
GundamFan0083

Interesting concept art for Yamato 2220 (or 2202?).

Spoiler for First image:

Spoiler for 2nd image:
Old 2017-12-05, 07:00   Link #1124
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The third of the three Yamato class battleships. The second of the class, Musashi, was in the Director's cut of Yamato Resurrection.

Shinano here trades most of her offensive firepower for a larger air wing, or a squadron or heavy torpedo boats (the smaller craft became the "Shinano" as launched from Yamato in the film, and was armed with large vertical launch wave motion missiles) and probably missiles. She defenses are possibly improved, or at least better distributed.
Old 2017-12-06, 01:19   Link #1125
skaianDestiny

So a carrier based on Andromeda wasn't something new to 2202, all the way back to the planning of Resurrection in 1993 there were designs for it.

IIRC this was done by Kobayashi. Do you prefer this version or the one we got?
Old 2017-12-06, 06:32   Link #1126
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would be an interesting carrier, and I think I've seen someone convert a miniature of the Andromeda II into something similar to the above carrier. However there is the trade off of losing a lot of non-wave motion gun firepower for what is essentially a long flight deck and hanger spaces.

The Apollo Norm version solves some of that that putting at least part of the hanger and launching system in the huge upper structure and removing missile spaces for more hanger space, while only losing two turrets (in the position that is lost in all the known Earth battlecarrier conversions).

Probably the only place they didn't mark the ship for an improvement was that they didn't fit the Apollo Norm nor Andromeda with an underside turret like the Kongo-class battleships and most of the Gamilas battleships have. This might be due to how the underside of Yamato was utilized for hanger storage, shielding, engines, and extra hull plating, so they didn't want to put a turret down there that could be a weak spot in the armor design.
Old 2017-12-06, 12:58   Link #1127
TZoli

This Andromeda Carrier is more like a conversion like you have a partly completed hull and you need quickly a fleet carrier for the fleet. Something like the Lexingtons Akagi, Kaga Shinano and some of the British carriers. The Hull is the same as their Battleship/Battlecruiser sisters but anything from the main deck up is for Carrier purposes.
TZoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 10:18   Link #1128
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Apollo Norm version looks less of an rebuild than the older Lexington-class version of the other battleship. That one had an entirely new stern, while the Apollo Norm has a rebuilt superstructure replacing the main tower and the aft turrets. The interior is different of course given the fighter launching bays on the flanks, but that could be built in as they work on the ship, meaning the basic major components are the same so the automated factory doesn't have to alter so much about the ship to complete it. The engines, and other such components are the same.
Old 2017-12-09, 12:33   Link #1129
TZoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Apollo Norm version looks less of an rebuild than the older Lexington-class version of the other battleship. That one had an entirely new stern, while the Apollo Norm has a rebuilt superstructure replacing the main tower and the aft turrets. The interior is different of course given the fighter launching bays on the flanks, but that could be built in as they work on the ship, meaning the basic major components are the same so the automated factory doesn't have to alter so much about the ship to complete it. The engines, and other such components are the same.
I meant the drawing posted by Skaian Destiny
TZoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 03:21   Link #1130
skaianDestiny

Got the Gostok done! With this, I've done more or less all of the 2202 mecha I have the material for. This is one of my more inaccurate ones, especially towards the back as it was very blurry on my reference image. I do hope we get to see alternate armaments for the Gostok aside from the big mace thing they have in chapter 4 since that looks lazy.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Here it is in colors that match the rest of the other Gatlantean ships.

Images

Lascaux and Gostok comparison.

Images

This also means my definitive size chart is finished. Warning: really big.

Images
Old 2017-12-14, 14:33   Link #1131
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Good scale chart. It is interesting that the Earth seems to have the most powerful ships, even though they aren't all that large. The Gamilas ships are reasonable, thought they don't seem to deploy their battleships in large numbers. What they lack presently are full on shielding and special weapons.

And Gatlantis seems to go for whatever they can get and then throw in more weapons. That they can muster thousands of battleships is weird, but we still need to see their newer, large ships in a real fight, rather than against an old style upgraded Earth ship or a special weapons duel. Everything else in their fleet so far can be shredded like tinfoil by Earth and Gamilas' beam weapons.
Old 2017-12-14, 20:24   Link #1132
skaianDestiny

Quote:
Good scale chart. It is interesting that the Earth seems to have the most powerful ships, even though they aren't all that large. The Gamilas ships are reasonable, thought they don't seem to deploy their battleships in large numbers. What they lack presently are full on shielding and special weapons.

And Gatlantis seems to go for whatever they can get and then throw in more weapons. That they can muster thousands of battleships is weird, but we still need to see their newer, large ships in a real fight, rather than against an old style upgraded Earth ship or a special weapons duel. Everything else in their fleet so far can be shredded like tinfoil by Earth and Gamilas' beam weapons.
God I still can't get my head around why they decided 2.5 million battleships was even remotely a good idea. It just makes everything else in the series seem so stupid in hindsight.

Also the Gostok must be a logistical nightmare. With more than 10 different types of missiles, the majority of which must be reloaded externally, they must be hell to keep supplied in an extended conflict.

---

The box art for the 2202 Gamilas Warships set has been released.

Images

Looks sweet as always.

Also some other things:

Images
コレジャナイメカ
Those new mechs in vintage style.

Images
Source 1
Source 2
Dreadnought in Gaiderol colors. Not half bad!

Images
Source
Someone modded an Andromeda into an Arcadia.
Old 2017-12-15, 04:25   Link #1133
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So....it begins

YouTube

Split second at 0:41....is that a Medaruusa battleship with a dessler cannon where the huge turret usually is? Again at 0:45? In front of the cannon? In place of the middle gun on the quint mount? A reflex gun maybe?

Dessler's new flagship has a lot of huge missiles, a SMITE system, and a Dessler Cannon....plus missiles and guns.

I can't make out what the enemy commander is calling the giant missile he's launching from the old style missile battleships instead of the usual two antimatter missiles.

The Marine's mecha using the same missile that the Cosmo Tiger IIs carry seem to be attacking enemy ships on Telezart, including what I guess is one setting up to do a flying punch of the bridge of the Medaruusa flagship on Telezart.

Sabera seems to be able to control the spy/nurse character with the green hair. Also see seems to be getting close to the Gamilon Keyman.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2017-12-15 at 04:57.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 07:53   Link #1134
skaianDestiny

I think the tank commander guy might be controlling a Medalusa this time around, probably the one with a special gun.
Old 2017-12-15, 11:45   Link #1135
GundamFan0083

Quote:
So....it begins

YouTube

Split second at 0:41....is that a Medaruusa battleship with a dessler cannon where the huge turret usually is? Again at 0:45? In front of the cannon? In place of the middle gun on the quint mount? A reflex gun maybe?

Dessler's new flagship has a lot of huge missiles, a SMITE system, and a Dessler Cannon....plus missiles and guns.

I can't make out what the enemy commander is calling the giant missile he's launching from the old style missile battleships instead of the usual two antimatter missiles.

The Marine's mecha using the same missile that the Cosmo Tiger IIs carry seem to be attacking enemy ships on Telezart, including what I guess is one setting up to do a flying punch of the bridge of the Medaruusa flagship on Telezart.

Sabera seems to be able to control the spy/nurse character with the green hair. Also see seems to be getting close to the Gamilon Keyman.
SWEEEEEEEET!!!!

Thank you, Ithekro for posting that.
Old 2017-12-16, 17:05   Link #1136
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

We, Central Anime, are checking episode 7 tonight. I hope to get the rest(8-10) ready for next weekend so I can get them out by or slightly after Christmas.
Old 2017-12-16, 17:50   Link #1137
skaianDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
We, Central Anime, are checking episode 7 tonight. I hope to get the rest(8-10) ready for next weekend so I can get them out by or slightly after Christmas.
Sweet. Good luck with that!
Old 2017-12-16, 21:08   Link #1138
Korol

Hmmmm Desslar Cannon is much more meaner and awesome hope Desslar been turned into a good guy. so he can defend his home planet and Iscandar once more from the Dark Nebula if they create the remake of the Dark Nebula Series Arc.

Last edited by Korol; 2017-12-16 at 21:16. Reason: minor edits.
Korol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 23:04   Link #1139
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I hope so. I always likes the mutual saving each other activities in the later films and series. The friend but maybe enemy between Dessler and Kodai.
Old 2017-12-17, 05:18   Link #1140
Korol

If Theres the Outcome on the Remake Dark Nebula Series Arc since Mamoru is dead on the 1st season then Yurisha just take care of their child Sasha Iscandar. in the second movie focus on the Dark Nebula Arc attack on Earth since someone would commit suicide by blow themselves when Admiral Heikuro Todo would be executed by the dark nebulans then he got escaped and starting an resistance after an EMP and Mass invasion on earth and planting the Double Nucleus Bomb. or Hyperion Bomb.
Korol is offline   Reply With Quote