Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-22, 06:43   Link #21
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
as usual digest version....

time to go through the wayback machine lol

I can't believe I never thought of using archive.org on that website, especially considering I have several times used archive.org at baka-tsuki.

Okay, here is the first chapter, un-digest-ed. (GT version)

Here is the second chapter, un-digest-ed. (GT version)

And here is at least the start of the third chapter, un-digest-ed. (GT version)

Now I need to go check on World Customize Creator. Yeesh; and just after I slogged through all 49 pages of WCC's first digest with GT and Rikaichan to guide me.

Last edited by Brin A'sair; 2014-06-22 at 21:06.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 07:27   Link #22
Breimoon

what is difference between digested version and not digested version?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 07:46   Link #23
Astraeia

The digest version should give you just enough information to not be totally confused when you start reading the non-digested versions. They are put up in place of the original chapters once their contents are published so that new readers of the web version can still get into the story... somewhat. That said, I'd imagine the digest version lacks all the fluff that makes the story fun to read. Fast forward x100!
Astraeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 07:54   Link #24
kazzuya13

However non-digest is more or less machine translated.
Old 2014-07-17, 12:37   Link #26
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chapter 6 of the manga has been scanlated.

So Kail just tells the spirit of the sword on what he knows and he and his friends proceed to buy all of the best weapons and equipment in the city.

Also, we got an explanation about how Kail traveled back in time.
Old 2014-07-18, 06:50   Link #27
Kerfirou

And that's a nice gift. Two Soul fused, and his mother is basically a high level wizard....

Yeah, I think we gonna see some high level magic from him.
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 06:39   Link #28
Silentwolfie

Chapter 6 of the manga is approximately halfway through volume 1 book novel (which I just got today, haven't started reading to decide if I want the other 2 volumes). It's kind of scary that the overseas delivery charge is 2/3 of the book price (which is 1200 yen).

Some additional info from the book, compared with manga chapter 2 (might be wrong):

- Kail's dad is a jeweler and he's not dead, roaming somewhere in the capital.

- People who used Magic are given ranks in the following order: Magician, sorcerer, wizard, mage, archmage, Named magic user (i.e Glorious)

- Riize felt Kail's ding dong when he hugs her in chapter 1. The part where he thinks it's a dream is written really well, much bittersweet-ness from it within a few lines (I know, I know, everyone must be sad that this ecchi part is not present).

- Riize then proceeds to shoryuken Kail's chin, knocking him into a bookshelf. (Kail gets out of bed in the book, while the manga shows him staying there).

- Kail reflects on a table (while grabbing his head) how to proceed with the future plan. He considers the scenarios and believe that it's useless to warn the races, and will be treated as mad so he cancels that plan.

- Kail comments that it was a complete fluke that the demon king was defeated, and he was the final person who survived.

- Kail has a female sword teacher about the same age as his mother. The teacher (Leira) is a gladiator in the capital who killed beast and went undefeated for 5 years. She comments on the "phantom image" that Kail created, stating that the "phantom image" (Demon king) is a monster for defeating this current Kail within seconds.

Kail queries on how she would handle that image, and she replies that she will sacrifice a limb or arm to do a critical strike, where upon he smiles wryly (because he did the same exact thing during the final fight). She then gives a comment on Kail's crazy level up in both Magic and Sword skills, an equivalent example of leveling up by 50 or 60 levels from the last time she saw him, asking if something happened. Kail just states he wants to become stronger.

- Kail previously became powerful with high usage of forbidden magic and medicine. He states even if he survives, he probably wouldn't last 10 years.

- Kail comments to himself that he might be able to use the strongest magic during battle, after realizing that his mana has gotten higher.

Manga differences.

- Kail's mum wasn't described as dead (at least I didn't find it in the first 40 pages of the novel), but the manga shows that she's down against a rock with blood on it.

Writing style

- 3rd person.

- Great prologue, relatively good chapter start, manga is better in some areas because the deaths are shown for the characters.

Last edited by Silentwolfie; 2014-08-07 at 12:08.
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 10:23   Link #29
sentry19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentwolfie View Post
Chapter 6 of the manga is approximately halfway through volume 1 book novel (which I just got today, haven't started reading to decide if I want the other 2 volumes). It's kind of scary that the overseas delivery charge is 2/3 of the book price (which is 1200 yen).

Some additional info from the book, compared with manga chapter 2 (might be wrong):

- Kail's dad is a jeweler and he's not dead, roaming somewhere in the capital.

- People who used Magic are given ranks in the following order: Magician, sorcerer, wizard, mage, archmage, Named magic user (i.e Glorious)

- Riize felt Kail's ding dong when he hugs her in chapter 1. The part where he thinks it's a dream is written really well, much bittersweet-ness from it within a few lines (I know, I know, everyone must be sad that this ecchi part is not present).

- Riize then proceeds to shoryuken Kail's chin, knocking him into a bookshelf. (Kail gets out of bed in the book, while the manga shows him staying there).

- Kail reflects on a table (while grabbing his head) how to proceed with the future plan. He considers the scenarios and believe that it's useless to warn the races, and will be treated as mad so he cancels that plan.

- Kail comments that it was a complete fluke that the demon king was defeated, and he was the final person who survived.

- Kail has a female sword teacher about the same age as his mother. The teacher (Leira) is a gladiator in the capital who killed beast and went undefeated for 5 years. She comments on the "phantom image" that Kail created, stating that the "phantom image" (Demon king) is a monster for defeating this current Kail within seconds.

Kail queries on how she would handle that image, and she replies that she will sacrifice a limb or arm to do a critical strike, where upon he smiles wryly (because he did the same exact thing during the final fight). She then gives a comment on Kail's crazy level up in both Magic and Sword skills, an equivalent example of leveling up by 50 or 60 levels from the last time she saw him, asking if something happened. Kail just states he wants to become stronger.

- Kail previously became powerful with high usage of forbidden magic and medicine. He states even if he survives, he probably wouldn't last 10 years.

- Kail comments to himself that he might be able to use the strongest magic during battle, after realizing that his mana has gotten higher.

Manga differences.

- Kail's mum wasn't described as dead (at least I didn't find it in the first 40 pages of the novel), but the manga shows that she's down against a rock with blood on it.

Writing style

- 3rd person.

- Great prologue, relatively good chapter start, manga is better in some areas because the deaths are shown for the characters.
Thanks for the information, is there any translation or summaries of the novel?
sentry19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 10:58   Link #30
Silentwolfie

The novel's setting is pretty interesting and the MC isn't actually as powerful as one might think. The first few chapters of the manga have no fights and when the MC does fight in the novel, it's almost as if he's an assassin + strategist rather than an overpowered fighter. While it's pretty good, it never goes beyond a blow-my-mind feel.

Based on the MC actions, it feels a little like the series "Game of thrones" because he takes down a king who's poisoning the politics surrounding the continent, and installs the king's daughter to the throne (without her knowledge that he planned all this). I'll say that there's a lot of potential in the future volumes, but it's the kind of book that requires volumes and volumes to decide whether the series is a masterpiece or just a "pretty okay" novel. The reviews from a website give it around 65%, but this might be due to nothing interesting happening yet until the author pulls off some major writing in the middle of the saga. Depends.

Not exactly cheap either, this book. I'm not sure if I want to purchase book 2 and 3 as the reviews state that things are moving along slowly (sort of means that I'll read the digest and download the recent chapters when they get released on the website).
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 19:12   Link #31
gunner56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry19 View Post
Thanks for the information, is there any translation or summaries of the novel?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...yOWey0/preview

Just recently. But, re:Translation is looking for more translators. Also, if I recall, the team use 5% of their efforts (if that's the right way to put it) in translating this project. The other 95% is for their main project(s). E.g., Re:Monster.
gunner56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 13:48   Link #32
Tensaizz
TNS / SpiritM translator~

Heya all,
We have translated the prologue with help from Re:translations.
http://tensaitranslations.wordpress....saga-prologue/

The first chapter is uploaded there, right now we'll be translating the rest too, since we have our complete focus on Tsuyokute New saga the translations for tsuyokute will pick up the pace. ^^
Tensaizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 21:10   Link #33
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Manga chapter 7 has been released.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 18:18   Link #34
gunner56

TNS novel Chapter 2 updated. Click the Google Doc. link above.
gunner56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 17:04   Link #35
Tensaizz
TNS / SpiritM translator~

TNS chapter 3 is up now ୧༼ಠ‿ಠ✿༽୨:
http://tensaitranslations.wordpress....31/ch03-magic/
~Enjoy~
Tensaizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 18:58   Link #36
ShiroiRyu

Thanks a lot about this one.
Because now, i began to read Light Novel thanks to theses ones.
Need to remember the one who is normally finished with the Shield Knight. ^^
Oh it's tate no Yuusha.^^
Old 2014-09-11, 05:48   Link #37
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Awesome new series to pick up. Started reading the LN and manga.

I'm a sucker for fantasy settings and time travel. Having both is great. Instant like.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 10:20   Link #38
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chapter 8 is out.
Our hero and the gang tries to save a princess who was killed by a Hydra in the original timeline.
Old 2014-09-18, 10:39   Link #39
Bakahou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Chapter 8 is out.
Our hero and the gang tries to save a princess who was killed by a Hydra in the original timeline.
That fucking cliffhanger......
Bakahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 11:19   Link #40
Awrya
U mad?

For some reason I think the chances are high that the guard called Zentos is behind the assassination attempt, but the hydra appearing was beyond his prediction.

Tags
demons, fantasy, harem, shonen, webnovel