AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online II - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 30.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 25.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 23.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.65%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-04, 21:11   Link #41
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
ep 15,
Actually, the anime site is calling it Episode 14.5
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 21:14   Link #42
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Actually, the anime site is calling it Episode 14.5
Ahh, then that settles it. GGO in one episode.

I'll come back two weeks later.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 21:15   Link #43
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Ahh, then that settles it. GGO in one episode.

I'll come back two weeks later.
You don't know yet if it's just pure recap or recap with new scenes, like character interactions and such, much like how the inter-season special was.
Old 2014-10-04, 22:27   Link #44
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Man, Shino-chan knocking her deranged childhood friend was a plus! Good job saving Kazuto for which he was lucky thanks to that electrode!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 22:34   Link #45
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

the cafe that sinon was brought to is a place where kirito's collection of girls he saved in the entire life
Old 2014-10-04, 22:49   Link #46
Esclair

This episode was pretty unintentionally hilarious.

-Sinon lifting up Kirito's shirt and seeing the electrode and her WTF expression, along with Kirito thinking he's really dying. It almost seems like a parody of these kind of scenes in other shows.

-Kirito picking up Sinon at her school and her classmates thinking he's her boyfriend.

-The whole cafe scene, before they introduced the teller and her daughter, the atmosphere really felt like the scene could have just been about informing Sinon regarding the Kirito harem rules.

One thing that I really didn't like was how they recapped the whole Death Gun mystery. We pretty much already knew everything, the only information that wasn't apparent was how they got through the electronic locks. So far they seem to really like to beat us over the head with information we already know.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 22:53   Link #47
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
-Sinon lifting up Kirito's shirt and seeing the electrode and her WTF expression, along with Kirito thinking he's really dying. It almost seems like a parody of these kind of scenes in other shows.
Not to mention how the injection ended up being an ambiguous whitish fluid.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 23:19   Link #48
screaming4vengence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
And whats with Kirito not introducing Asuna as his girlfriend and just as his friend?

hes ganna have to spill it at some point, it seems like they cant just ignore it forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Man, Shino-chan knocking her deranged childhood friend was a plus! Good job saving Kazuto for which he was lucky thanks to that electrode!
that stereo looked like it had some weight to it too, and sounded like the drop to the floor wasnt to soft either ;they did that scene really well ( at least this half.)
but seriously an electrode saved him? not a doctor, maybe someone else here knows more, but would an electrode even stop a needle? and besides that ,this kid needs to play some slots because just...odds -dey no good
the writing was good though i actually thought they killed him for a sec ( i forgot it was kirito.)
screaming4vengence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 23:48   Link #49
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaming4vengence View Post
but seriously an electrode saved him? not a doctor, maybe someone else here knows more, but would an electrode even stop a needle?
It was a needle-less syringe, which given the setting makes sense.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 23:50   Link #50
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, 'bout that. How does a needle-less syringe work? I've never seen one before, whereas I've seen regular syringes and epi-pens.
Old 2014-10-05, 00:15   Link #51
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Hah, I never would have noticed that. That's kind of adorable, actually.

My favorite part of this episode (Aside from the Boombox Slam) was Kirito casually dodging and tripping Liz and how everyone just ignores her for the rest of that scene.
Old 2014-10-05, 02:15   Link #52
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
They were friends for a few months to a little under a year. It's said so in Episdoe 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, 'bout that. How does a needle-less syringe work? I've never seen one before, whereas I've seen regular syringes and epi-pens.
It uses high pressure to shoot the liquid through the skin. Theoretically, it shouldn't leave a mark (at least no the future ones?) but I imagine anything harder than skin should be able to stop any meaningful penetration.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 02:15   Link #53
Nerroth
NePoi!

That "friend" bit reminds me of
Spoiler for SAO:HF:
Old 2014-10-05, 03:08   Link #54
dark998

Solid wrap up (this is it?) and nice resolution for Sinon's character. And looks like next arc is in ALO again so should be interesting to see more stuff in that world and a premise different than the rescue story seen in the first season.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 04:32   Link #55
eiyuuou

Quote:
You can pierce through skin with enough pressure.

But be careful of Kayaba Akihiko products. It might just pierce further than you think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD-6C3u7A8Y
Old 2014-10-05, 06:49   Link #56
c933103
FTNR

Actuallu, the official site said that the next week's ep14.5 is an episode that summarise GGO with prerelease of some shots from calibur.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 09:04   Link #57
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
It's called jet injection, or to use the Star Trek term, hypospray. It basically uses high pressure to force drugs into the skin (some versions can also remove liquid too, such as blood). Because of how it works, you don't need needles and it doesn't really cause any pain.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's still not widely used, but the technology exists and is continually improving. Eventually, the traditional syringe will be obsolete.
Old 2014-10-05, 10:07   Link #58
Yan3242

Nice end overall.

But, are they trying to save budget or something? Only lisbeth and asuna is introduced to sinon, what about the others? There is agil over there, also one of sao players and a good friend with kirito too, why he is being ignored? Could at least say hi or something
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 10:47   Link #59
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Asuna is ok with being called a "friend", is that why she's considered as the best waifu?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 11:58   Link #60
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Nice end overall.

But, are they trying to save budget or something? Only lisbeth and asuna is introduced to sinon, what about the others? There is agil over there, also one of sao players and a good friend with kirito too, why he is being ignored? Could at least say hi or something
Considering the nature of the reason for calling her there, I assume its because its an issue that would be handed better with only girls there as support.

Kirito is there for obvious reasons, and Agil is the bar owner, which he can just go into the backroom when the reveal was going to happen. As for Suguha, and Silica, who knows, I guess Silica is too young, and despite her dealings in ALO, Suguha is still an 'outsider' in regards to SAO matters.