AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-03-28, 23:48   Link #5021
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azel View Post
Forget Miss Chidori, I am fairly certain he has called her Kaname in the US dub! I think it was an episode of Fumoffu, I was rewatching a scene to see what it was like with the dubbed voices and I'm sure he said Kaname! It struck me because I was pretty sure he has never called her Kaname in the original Japanese.

It was a significant moment for Sousuke to called the Captain "Tessa"; I wonder if the final book with give us a lovey-dovey moment where Sousuke finally uses Kaname's name? *sighs* Gief new novel!
TToTT Another reason I don't watch dubs... *sigh* I haaaate when they change things! And that's such an easy thing to NEVER change, and it's so significant for the characters, so why would they!?

I know! I wonder if he'll say 'Kaname'? It'll be so emotional if he does!! ...Or maybe she'll hit him and demand he does, bring back the old feel with new ones? *grins* It'd be so perfect for them!! ^^
Old 2010-03-29, 00:16   Link #5022
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
TToTT Another reason I don't watch dubs... *sigh* I haaaate when they change things! And that's such an easy thing to NEVER change, and it's so significant for the characters, so why would they!?

I know! I wonder if he'll say 'Kaname'? It'll be so emotional if he does!! ...Or maybe she'll hit him and demand he does, bring back the old feel with new ones? *grins* It'd be so perfect for them!! ^^
Dubs suck in most cases, just watch subs instead.

I can't recall did I made a reference back to MMD's sum-ups, but......
Spoiler:
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 10:03   Link #5023
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Dubs suck in most cases, just watch subs instead.

I can't recall did I made a reference back to MMD's sum-ups, but......
Spoiler:
I never watch dubs. u.u; I'll occasionally peek at one just to see how bad it is, and then go crawling back to the Japanese voice actors.

And you're right! You did! I had completely forgotten about that (somehow!) Now that you say it though, I remember reading it and my mouth dropping open and thinking "He didn't... Did he!? He... YESSSS!!!!" ...or something along those lines anyways. (I'm easy to please when it comes to them, I guess.)

That's gotta be the next book on the list for me to buy, just so I can have such an awesome scene in my possession...
Old 2010-03-29, 15:06   Link #5024
akire_and_atem

Sousuke will probably say "Kaname" to bring her back and out of her "Sofia" state <3
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 19:23   Link #5025
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
Sousuke will probably say "Kaname" to bring her back and out of her "Sofia" state <3
That would be strange, but I would take that over a tragic ending anyday.
Old 2010-03-29, 21:40   Link #5026
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:

Had to step out of hibernation to say thsi..

Sousuke DOES say in english version "Kaname" in Episode 6 first season. After Kaname gets a bitchy fit and she touches his face...

and he actually HOLDS HER! and they stare....dreamily....

-sighs- THAT was the moment i fell inlove with FMP...
Old 2010-03-29, 22:53   Link #5027
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:

I'm with you there. Dubs usually are horrible. Only dub I've liked was Full Metal Alchemist.
Old 2010-03-30, 01:26   Link #5028
Azel

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
I'm with you there. Dubs usually are horrible. Only dub I've liked was Full Metal Alchemist.
Out of the various anime I saw dubbed before I came to my senses and switched to subs only, there was only 2 that I could go back and watch now and think they were just as good as the original Japanese.

1. Fruits Basket (all except Ayame - the voice actor laid on the "camp" a bit too thick and it kills the emotional scenes for this character).

2. Generator Gawl (the dub adds more humour to the story and as such makes it better I think.)

Otherwise, sadly, most other dubs I have seen have been pretty awful. But then, I haven't properly watched a dub of an anime since about 2002.
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 04:50   Link #5029
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
Had to step out of hibernation to say thsi..

Sousuke DOES say in english version "Kaname" in Episode 6 first season. After Kaname gets a bitchy fit and she touches his face...

and he actually HOLDS HER! and they stare....dreamily....

-sighs- THAT was the moment i fell inlove with FMP...
I found the sub version of this episode. Guess, it's the action of the dubs......Orginal Japanese VO still refers her as Chidori.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 14:31   Link #5030
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Well, maybe it's because Sousuke is so formal. He calls Tessa Captain all the time, makes sense he would call her by last name.
Old 2010-03-30, 23:12   Link #5031
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Well, maybe it's because Sousuke is so formal. He calls Tessa Captain all the time, makes sense he would call her by last name.
to be honest, I think Sousuke does it because of Military practically. he's as simple as that. LOL

All military comrads address one anther by last name. thats why he never says san or sama or even chan.

He doesnt use those unless he thinks he needs it as a "civilian". I BELIEVE he uses Hayashimizu-san,..but am unsure..

its all about what his habbits are..XD..its not japanese..its military!

he never calls Mao, Melissa..

however he does call Kurtz..Kurtz..

guess its up to him..?

who knows...

I honestly think he doesnt call her Kaname,...out of fear of rejection.
Old 2010-03-31, 09:33   Link #5032
Tabasco

I could see that, on an unconscious level if nothing else.

Not that he has anything to worry about in that department, but insecurities are rarely rational.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 17:49   Link #5033
aniyeri

I'll say that he doesn't call people by their name because it means having a good relationship with a person. Since he is a mercenary, he shouldn't have confidence with anybody. I'll say that, with some time, he will call her using Kaname (and I'll say that he will "wake her up" with a kiss, they promised it a long time ago)
aniyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 22:58   Link #5034
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
to be honest, I think Sousuke does it because of Military practically. he's as simple as that. LOL

All military comrads address one anther by last name. thats why he never says san or sama or even chan.

He doesnt use those unless he thinks he needs it as a "civilian". I BELIEVE he uses Hayashimizu-san,..but am unsure..

its all about what his habbits are..XD..its not japanese..its military!

he never calls Mao, Melissa..

however he does call Kurtz..Kurtz..

guess its up to him..?

who knows...

I honestly think he doesnt call her Kaname,...out of fear of rejection.
He's known Kurtz for a long time, since they were in that weird military barrack place where they were recruited. Mao, Kurtz, and Sousuke are pretty much partners. They share a bad ass bond of kicking terrorist ass? I would think so. Things are different when you have that kind of relationship. As for Kaname, he's always called her Chidori. Why would he change that?
Old 2010-04-15, 13:53   Link #5035
SkoolRumble4Ya

I can't believe there is no new information at all. Gatoh make it a epic ending and bring out the new season already,
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 17:23   Link #5036
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I can't believe there is no new information at all. Gatoh make it a epic ending and bring out the new season already,
Don't get your hopes up. More likely than not, he won't finish that novel for another 2 years.
Old 2010-04-19, 04:17   Link #5037
Eak
One angry cloud.

Quote:
Don't get your hopes up. More likely than not, he won't finish that novel for another 2 years.
..and continuing on the Debbie Downer slide, I am not optimistic that there will be a new anime anytime soon.. Perhaps in 2-3 years, if at all.
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 17:11   Link #5038
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
..and continuing on the Debbie Downer slide, I am not optimistic that there will be a new anime anytime soon.. Perhaps in 2-3 years, if at all.
I stopped believing that anything would happen for this series a long time ago. Damn, at this point, I COULD CREATE A BETTER ENDING FASTER THAN GATOU!
Old 2010-04-19, 17:43   Link #5039
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

even the japs are a little impatient...

check this fan-art from one of them...

I think lil Neko-Chidori says "Wait Sousuke!"

with unknown calender date awaiting...

I still have fate.
Old 2010-04-21, 17:42   Link #5040
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote: