AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-04, 19:45   Link #201
Virtue
Banned

After watching these four episodes (and err....future eps), if someone had thought that Wangan was street racing while Initial D....mountain racing, it is not just these two differences.

Spoiler:

And funny thing is that I read on another forum that someone said WM isn't that hard to translate.
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 20:03   Link #202
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain_smoking_gc8 View Post
One more reason why Takehito Koyasu should be the VA of Tatsuya.
This is one of those few shows where I don't have any problem with any of the VA's that are voicing a character. That said, I do see your point.

I have quickly caught up to the show. After watching episode 8, this show simply has reached an amazing height. In the past the shows of the similar genre had me entertained merely by those racing mixed with those delicious music. This show, on the other hand, is amazing because there is a new outlook to tell the typical outline the genre is so much comprised of. I know I'm not making much sense, but that's the best I can do with my limited capability for words. I loved..., absolutely loved episode 8.

Screencaps for Episode 8: Usually I don't put my assorted screencaps under spoiler tags, but I'm making an exception this time because it will give away bit of the drama that has played out in volume 4, or as in, episode 7-8. Note that the screencap is just from the episode 8.

Spoiler for "to click or not to click" - the choice is yours:
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 22:14   Link #203
NghtFox17

ya, they should catch up with the series soon, hopefully.... that is if they dont' drop the project like everyone else has. Granted the story seems to be more "intresting" than Initial D, mainly because the story is told better (IMO). It doesn't seem to be a whole lot of (street) Racing Anime in the frist place, and doesn't seem to have a whole lot of demand, espically in compairson to many of the other genre of Anime out there.

as Virtue has pointed out about more realistic damage being involved in Wangan Midnight, in compairson to Intial D. in Initial D, no one ever died, and damage to the cars was minor (except for a few eps) the red Civic from 1st Stage, the Miata from the first two eps of 4th stage, but even then the damage wasn't real as Wangan Midnight. I drive a Miata (Roadster) and if you rolled that sucker, the only thing left (up) would be the roll bar. if he had rolled a Miata in real life, the door probably would have a hard time opening and all the windows would have been smashed out. I have seen too many rolled Miatas, at junkyards, and on pics in forums, that have been rolled (not a pretty site).

Another thing about Initial D thou, in the defense of 4th stage, the story wasn't really the impasis of 4th stage and it was expected to be as such (after finishing 3rd stage). after Takumi graduated, most of all the character development (except for a little with Kieskie(sp) and Iski(sp)- Takumi's best friend)) they pretty much have no real character development or interaction. ID4 is pretty much "busniess only for Project D".

Another clairification, Initial D (espically 4th stage) overall is more conserned with tuning for a specific course, and suspension, brakes etc. while Wangan Midnight is more focused with tuning to increase Horsepower, stiffing the Chassie to handle horsepower (as mentioned in Ep3 i think it was)

although Initial D does have loads more drifting, mountian racing (Togue) is where the Drifting sport was pioneered, so naturally it will have alot of drifting. I think overall, if Wangan Midnight Manga or Anime gets liscensed over here in the States, it will do better than Intial D, mainly for the car selection and variety (European exotics), and the higher horsepower vehicles doing 220kph-300kph, in compairson to the 140kph(approx.) top speeds in Initial D.
NghtFox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 09:35   Link #204
outlaw-2
Racer 666 Writer

Actually, there was a release of Episode 5 of Wangan Midnight, but after further checks, it might have been a fake.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/974528

To stray a bit off topic, I've did an original fiction that was based on Wangan Midnight and Tokyo Extreme Racer 3. If you guys want to have a read on it, I could post it somewhere in the forum.
outlaw-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 23:25   Link #205
NghtFox17

RAWS for eps 1-8 were on mininova.org
Old 2007-11-09, 01:13   Link #206
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw-2 View Post
Actually, there was a release of Episode 5 of Wangan Midnight, but after further checks, it might have been a fake.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/974528

To stray a bit off topic, I've did an original fiction that was based on Wangan Midnight and Tokyo Extreme Racer 3. If you guys want to have a read on it, I could post it somewhere in the forum.
DO IT! DO IT NOW!!!!
Old 2007-11-09, 01:25   Link #207
outlaw-2
Racer 666 Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
DO IT! DO IT NOW!!!!
All right, done it.

Racer 666: Shutokou Wars
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...77#post1245677

Please do enjoy the first two chapters.
outlaw-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 23:06   Link #208
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
i really loved ID, especially for the funny parts(lonely driva romances ftw), the sympathic protagonist, the music etc.. thats what im missing at WM so far(Ep6) :/ atm i just watch it for its eyecatching style(blurry woooosh) and Blackbird(great seiyu)

btw, i noticed, that they are passing by at miatas all the time(i drive a 90' 1.6), is this some kind of running gag?

oh, and i did some gifs cause ive been bored

Spoiler for saving space:

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2007-11-12 at 23:46.
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 01:39   Link #209
Virtue
Banned

^
That's cool, but can someone make it animesuki safe? (100x100, etc)
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 18:23   Link #210
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
does anyone know how often it this airs?

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 19:38   Link #211
NghtFox17

two Eps per month
Old 2007-11-13, 21:46   Link #212
Bocca
Banned

Ep.5 & 6 out by HG-F yesterday.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this.
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 01:02   Link #213
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Spoiler for saving space:
Can you make an R32 one as well? People don't seem to like my current avatar.
Old 2007-11-14, 07:00   Link #214
roberto baggio

Is there any news when will episodes 9&10 will air?
roberto baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 15:28   Link #215
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Can you make an R32 one as well? People don't seem to like my current avatar.
k, i managed to get 2 tries under 50kb etc.. -> as, but i'm not really good at it when it comes to limitations in filesize

WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 19:26   Link #216
NghtFox17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocca View Post
Ep.5 & 6 out by HG-F yesterday.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this.
I thought most everyone noticed it was up, tis why I didn't post it.

But thank you HG-F for keeping up this project, many of us apprechiate your work
Old 2007-11-21, 00:46   Link #217
gencbiba

Another cliffhanger. I can't wait till the next episode.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 03:14   Link #218
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
by the way, does anyone else have volume problem with HG-F encode? when i play them the sound volume seems a bit low, technically not much of a problem since you can just turn your speakers up, but just wondering if anyone else gets this?

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 19:48   Link #219
NghtFox17

I have no volume problems, you might what to check your codec you are using. I am using K-Lite codec pack, and I have no problems.
Old 2007-12-03, 19:32   Link #220
NghtFox17

no, unfortunitely HG-F doesn't have a website to check. although Raws for eps 9-10 are now out.

Tags
racing, seinen