Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-20, 02:42   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 511 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2008-08-20, 04:37   Link #2
chitgoks

wow! spoilers are out. so rayleigh intervened at the last page of the chapter just as kizaru was about to zap zorro by deflecting the light.
Old 2008-08-20, 04:55   Link #3
james0246

Wow, this is a big chapter.

It seems Sentomaru (who turns out to be the bodyguard for Dr. Vegapunk) attacks the Strawhats, forcing them to split up. Team Luffy: Luffy, Robin and Chopper; Team Zoro: Zoro, Brook, and Ussop; and Team Sanji: Sanji, Nami, and Franky. Sentomaru attacks Team Luffy; Kuma (?) attacks Team Sanji; and Kizaru attacks Team Zoro. Rayleigh then steps in to save Zoro by reflecting Kizaru's light. Of all things, Rayleigh reflects Kizaru's light with a kick, which adds much creedence to the idea that "haki" can be used to fight Logia users.

edit: read Blackbeard's post below for a more detailed spoiler .
Old 2008-08-20, 04:56   Link #4
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Spoilers for chapter 511 are out already. Here is a brief summary of what happens.

It seems that the pacifista the strawhats were fighting against is finally down for good, but the crew appears to be quite exhausted from the battle. Sanji then goes to take a look at their fallen adversary and notices that the pacifista is numbered "PX4". Upon this discovery, Sentoumaru finally shows himself and he is upset that the pacifista the strawhats were fighting with has been defeated since they apparently require one battleship worth of berries to construct. Sentoumaru is also revealed to be the personal body guard of Dr. Vegapunk - the science team leader of Marine Headquarters.

Afterwards, the pacifista (PX1) that was with Kizaru begins to attack the strawhat crew. In an attempt to retreat, the strawhat crew splits up into sets of three people:

1. Luffy, Robin, and Chopper Team
2. Zoro, Brooke, and Ussop Team
3. Sanji, Nami, and Franky Team

Teams 1 and 3 are encountered by Sentoumaru and the pacifista, respectively. Luffy attacks Sentoumaru with a gattling gun, but Sentoumaru deflects the oncoming attack with a hari-te (palm attack sumo move).

Meanwhile, a flash of light appears where Team 2 currently is and Zoro is then shown to be on the floor at the mercy of Kizaru. Kizaru attempts to finish off Zoro but then Ussop and Brooke attack him. However, the attacks are to no avail because they simply pass through his body. Kizaru then reveals that he is a light logia user and the name of his fruit is the pika pika no mi (light light fruit). Robin, with her abilities, then tries to move Zoro's body out of the way but Kizaru won't allow it. As he attempts to finally dispose of Zoro, his kick attack is intercepted by none other than Rayleigh himself.

End of Spoilers.

Many thanks to Aohige and Himajin from Arlong Park forums for their great contributions and efforts.
Old 2008-08-20, 05:49   Link #5
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Wow Sentenmaru looks even more stupid then in the last spoiler but Sumo moves are a cool idea. An dreilight returns. That can't be good. Who will coat their ship if reilight will go doen against Kizaru?

But there seems some truth in marvelBs "haki theory". Reilight blocked Kizarus attack with his foot even though Kizaru clearly stated to be a Logia user this chapter.

And still no words on Kid and Law. Oda you amke me cry
Old 2008-08-20, 07:16   Link #6
Trax
Rock beats scissors

That's a bit unexpected, I thought Rayleigh didn't want to get noticed and had to work on the coating? I was expecting that one of the SH's would figure out a weakness in Kizaru's powers...
Old 2008-08-20, 08:34   Link #7
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

hmmmm, i guess the reason rayleigh make an appearance is because he somehow sense the appearance of kizaru. wat is the use of coating a ship when the crews are all dead? so i guess he need to appear as he is the only one who know how to counter/stop kizaru.

if the whole SH crew get tired from defeating one pacifista, i doubt they are able to touch kizaru at all even wif full strength atm
Old 2008-08-20, 08:36   Link #8
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Hell yes finally spoilers are out! Sentoumaru looks like extreme fat version of Robin O.o Seems like this arc has been based on weird looking characters.
The coverstory goes as we expected : A well placed Lucci style kick in that pirates face
Also Pika Pika No Mi? (as they said in translation, pika is sound of light, light-light fruit) so thats where that bastid pikachu took its name from
Old 2008-08-20, 08:53   Link #9
marvelB

Looks like I was spot-on about 3 things:

1. Rayleigh taking on Kizaru.
2. Haki being an "anti-Logia" technique, and
3. Luffy taking on Sentoumaru. BAM!

Anyway, this chapter sounds awesome. I actually like Sentoumaru's design (I especially like how he seems to have a sumo motif, along iwth the Kintarou reference). I wonder if there's some special significance to his axe, though (like if it's a DF axe, or it's made of seastone, or whatever). He was able to directly damage Luffy with his palm attack without using a DF power, inyerestingly enough. I don't want to immediately jump to the conclusion that he knows Haki as well after finding out that Rayleigh was able to damage Kizaru, but still.... this should be a rather interesting match.

And now we also learn that the Kuma clones have production numbers (PX (insert number here). Does this mean that the original Kuma is "PX0", perhaps, since he was the prototype? I also have a feeling that Kidd and Law may get involved in this fight as well to take out Kuma PX1. After all, they've been absent for quite some time, now...

And yeah, it's nice to know that we finally get the name of Kizaru's DF power (and as already expected, it's Logia). Can't wait to see how the match between the Yellow Monkey and the Dark King turns out....

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-08-20 at 09:07.
Old 2008-08-20, 09:35   Link #10
marvelB

Chances are, more Pacifistas will join the fray. If so, that will be an even greater incentive for Kidd and Law's (and possibly other Supernova's) crews to join the Straw-Hats in battle.

Also, I have a feeling that Garp may have something to do with Rayleigh's sudden return. I can easily imagine the scenario: Rayleigh's on his way to start his coating on the Thousand Sunny, when he runs into Garp. He warns Silvers that Kizaru and his forces are on Sabaody to wipe out Luffy. Of course, if Garp himself saves Luffy he would get in big trouble (possibly costing him his job), so Rayleigh decides to go stop Kizaru himself. It may be even be possible that Rayleigh will take out Kizaru in the end. If that happens, Garp can easily step in to report to Marine HQ that the pirates all got away, so nobody will be arrested and Rayleigh can safely finish his coating job over the next 3 days. Yes, I can definitely see that happening...
Old 2008-08-20, 10:42   Link #11
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Looks like I was spot-on about 3 things:

1. Rayleigh taking on Kizaru.
2. Haki being an "anti-Logia" technique, and
3. Luffy taking on Sentoumaru. BAM! ....
Ant-Logia technique? Haki? I think not but will see.
Someone tell Dark King Silvers to get his wrinkly butt back to the CHOOOOPPPPPPPEEEEERRR!!!
I guess Kizaru thought that Zoro needed to lighten up!
Axeman handling Luffy, Vegapunks bodygaurd!?
Old 2008-08-20, 10:54   Link #12
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Someone tell Dark King Silvers to get his wrinkly butt back to the CHOOOOPPPPPPPEEEEERRR!!!

Silvers is gonna show those Supernova whippersnappers what it means to be a REAL pirate.
Old 2008-08-20, 10:59   Link #13
Defiance
The Founder

Wow, another g8 chapter can't wait for next weeks. Anybody else think that Kizaru is the perfect counter for Blackbeard's devil fruit?
Old 2008-08-20, 11:11   Link #14
chitgoks

rayleigh vs kizaru.. guess one piece is going to be around even when ill have grandchildren. luffy's not powerful enough so it's going to be quite some time till he'll be able to damage or counter a very powerful enemy right away.
Old 2008-08-20, 13:02   Link #15
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Good. Kizaru meets his match. I was expecting Raleigh to appear with Garp, but I guess he couldn't wait any longer. Now, we can learn about an anti ability to a logia. If Haki has something to do with this, then it puts Shanks' and others' status even higher. An,d of course why the Admirals would hardly be a match for the 4 kings despite their overwhelming armies and Shichibukais.
Old 2008-08-20, 13:35   Link #16
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Silvers is gonna show those Supernova whippersnappers what it means to be a REAL pirate.
He should.
Old 2008-08-20, 13:49   Link #17
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Judging by the expression in his face and Rayleigh's confidence I can say that Kizaru is about to get owned a little.Kizaru finally found someone as dangerous as himself to fight rather than owning those little rookies.Now we will see what he is truly capable of
Old 2008-08-20, 14:19   Link #18
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Hell yes finally spoilers are out! Sentoumaru looks like extreme fat version of Robin O.o Seems like this arc has been based on weird looking characters.
The coverstory goes as we expected : A well placed Lucci style kick in that pirates face
Also Pika Pika No Mi? (as they said in translation, pika is sound of light, light-light fruit) so thats where that bastid pikachu took its name from
Pika Pika no mi? I was hoping it would be called Yugi Yugi no mi like in Yu-gi-oh. Has Oda not read that manga series? Has he not got the concept that Yugi means light and Yami means dark?
Old 2008-08-20, 14:27   Link #19
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I wonder how Kizaru compares to the other members of the Monkey family, Garp and Dragon. Also, if Rayleigh is going to balance Kizaru's presence (or even surpass him), then Garp may not interfere like before, since he will not be there on orders, but because of his personal reasons. Well, at the least, this chapter is going to continue the action of the last few chapters, with expectations on more to come (can this be one of the best arcs (or mini-arcs) so far, I wonder).
Old 2008-08-20, 14:29   Link #20
Fyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Pika Pika no mi? I was hoping it would be called Yugi Yugi no mi like in Yu-gi-oh. Has Oda not read that manga series? Has he not got the concept that Yugi means light and Yami means dark?
Let Oda make his own fruit names, Enels powers were Logia lightning but his fruit was Goro-Goro no Mi what is translated to Rumble-Rumble fruit or its pointing high sound/thunder fruit but power itself is actually lightning/electricity.

Also good chapter coming again. Phace is fast and this arc stays very exciting.
Closed Thread