AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-23, 09:45   Link #961
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
I was thinking she is much younger during the 'Incident'
Hmmm.... well, no point in speculating about it right now. If it doesn't get touched upon further, it's most likely the incident with kendo tournament in vol 3. If it's not, it will get explained sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I really think what Ichika needs is an upgrade in his brains.
Couldn't agree with you more here. Ichika basically has the most powerful weapon ever(Reiryaku Byakuya), but instead of being tactical in using it, he just decide to head charge with it and end up running out of power before reaching the enemy =.=".

Anyway, with the spoiler from justpassingby, no need to hold the information anymore

Spoiler for vol 7 impression:

Edit : Anyway, too late and too tired. Gonna continue the summary tomorrow, between the break of translating. Will probably translate baka to test instead of vol 6 though.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 09:50   Link #962
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Maybe it's a good thing the boy's a bit dense. Natural gigolos are a danger to women everywhere...

Anyway, with this talk on aptitude, was the aptitude for other characters, like ichika and the harem mentioned?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 09:53   Link #963
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Only that Cecilia got an A aptitude(vol 1 I think). Not sure about the others. Not even sure what aptitude have to do with piloting skill either.
Old 2011-04-23, 10:11   Link #964
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Yes, that's right. As I recall, didn't she point out that Houki had a C rank aptitude at that point?

I'd love to see the expression on her face when she hears of Houki's powerup...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 10:25   Link #965
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmmm. Personally, I like the fight this time, since this is the first time their life seems to be in danger. In the previous fights, it seems the only thing they're in danger of is just activating absolute defense mechanism. And I support completely the idea of Maaya Sakamoto as Tatenashi XD. Oh and also,

Spoiler for that incident:

Spoiler for 7:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 10:44   Link #966
justpassingby

Spoiler for pg 230:
Old 2011-04-23, 11:28   Link #967
AlaAlba

Spoiler for 7:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 12:25   Link #968
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post

Spoiler for 7:
Spoiler for vol 7:

I think everything is hinted, just not put in the spot light. Asking for telling the reader of everything that happened behind the scene is like asking a movie director to tell what happened to all the other squad of the army beside the hero's squad in a war action flick, or asking what the hell the experienced magician do while Harry Potter was in the danger of dying in every volume of the novel. I'm sure they're doing something, just that we're not given the detail, and it's up to us to fill in those blanks. This is just like those film where after the main hero defeat the big boss, his friends come up to him and said that they've taken out the small fries.

Just my opinion though, everyone can have different opinion and you can always just drop the series if it's not to your liking, like what I planned to do if the author doesn't address this aptitude thing soon I admit that IS was not a masterpiece, but I don't think the plot hole is that big. It's just that not everything is detailed for the reader since this story is basically Ichika's story, so what happened to other people beside Ichika doesn't matter that much, unless it's directly connected to him ^_^.

If there's one thing I feel strange in the battle, it's just that

Spoiler for vol 7:

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-04-23 at 23:04.
Old 2011-04-23, 18:13   Link #969
yuiichi9

What is Ugachi?
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 18:21   Link #970
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
What is Ugachi?
Spoiler for ugachi:
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 20:08   Link #971
nfsac

I'm a little lost about the new characters that showed up after volume 4.

Could someone summarize them for me?

Is the girl from the cover of volume 6, that blue haired girl the student council president?

Also on volume 7 ilustrations we see two blue haired girls, one with glasses and using a kind of computer while on the IS, who is she?

Who is the american representative?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 20:17   Link #972
n0m@n
C-Z

I'm not sure about the picture in volume 7 but the girl in the cover of volume 6 is the student president, just like you said.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 21:30   Link #973
Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
I'm a little lost about the new characters that showed up after volume 4.

Could someone summarize them for me?

Is the girl from the cover of volume 6, that blue haired girl the student council president?

Also on volume 7 ilustrations we see two blue haired girls, one with glasses and using a kind of computer while on the IS, who is she?

Who is the american representative?

If i'm not mistake

Spoiler for about girl in vol6,7:
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 01:57   Link #974
FreedmAngl

Hmm this all might turn out to be good, or just the same bloody plot formula as Kuroi has stated
FreedmAngl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 03:02   Link #975
HasuMasu
*Artist

these summaries rock

seriously

also, i have a feeling volume 4 won't be in season 2 (that is IF there will be one)

maybe it'll be a DVD special or something

as far as i know it hasn't been translated on BT
Old 2011-04-24, 05:20   Link #976
zeroknight03

Been lurking these IS threads for a while but finally registered to share an idea regarding Houki's aptitude. Instead of her originally being a C rank which miraculously got changed to an S rank because of Tabane, maybe she was originally an S rank and the wrong ranking was the prior C ranking(hacked by Tabane)?

I figured it'd be much easier to tamper with the results of an exam than change someone's genetics and it fits with Tabane's concern for Houki. Being accepted to the IS school with an S ranking would have made her a celebrity and the world would pressure her to use an IS when she still wasn't ready.

Being pressured when all you wanted was a normal life would just cause her to hate IS more. It seems as if Tabane was waiting for Houki to call her before she gave her the AkaTsubaki (which she "conveniently" already prepared) and it was only after Houki showed interest in the IS that Tabane became active in training her. Just my 2 cents.
zeroknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 05:28   Link #977
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Been lurking these IS threads for a while but finally registered to share an idea regarding Houki's aptitude. Instead of her originally being a C rank which miraculously got changed to an S rank because of Tabane, maybe she was originally an S rank and the wrong ranking was the prior C ranking(hacked by Tabane)?

I figured it'd be much easier to tamper with the results of an exam than change someone's genetics and it fits with Tabane's concern for Houki. Being accepted to the IS school with an S ranking would have made her a celebrity and the world would pressure her to use an IS when she still wasn't ready.

Being pressured when all you wanted was a normal life would just cause her to hate IS more. It seems as if Tabane was waiting for Houki to call her before she gave her the AkaTsubaki (which she "conveniently" already prepared) and it was only after Houki showed interest in the IS that Tabane became active in training her. Just my 2 cents.
you present a plausible point

i think she "could" have been S from the start

though where my theory differs is that

rather than tampering

i think houki's feelings toward her sister

and the IS as an extension of that

inhibited her abilities at first

thus making her appear like a C

though i could be wrong

as the importance of "aptitude" in the world of IS

has yet to be elaborated on
Old 2011-04-24, 07:26   Link #978
FreedmAngl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
you present a plausible point

i think she "could" have been S from the start

though where my theory differs is that

rather than tampering

i think houki's feelings toward her sister

and the IS as an extension of that

inhibited her abilities at first

thus making her appear like a C

though i could be wrong

as the importance of "aptitude" in the world of IS

has yet to be elaborated on
I agree with this, i mean angry clouds a lot of feelings and can misguide you
FreedmAngl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 18:03   Link #979
n0m@n
C-Z

Its believable that the sister of the creator of IS would be one of the best it piloting at, rather than being crap at it.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 22:08   Link #980
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

It's believable if she's the best from the start, but to suddenly pull an deus ex machina development to make her the best is just bad writing IMO. It's like the author suddenly decides "Oh, I like this girl, let's make her the strongest between the other girls too. Explanation? Screw explanation, let's just make her genius sister do something magic-like to make her the strongest"

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen