Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-12, 11:25   Link #341
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ hahaha! that pretty dam awesome XD cant wait to see papillon/shinji do his little gay dance

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-12, 13:35   Link #342
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Haha, that was great.
Old 2007-01-12, 13:55   Link #343
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I can't get it to play. >.>
Old 2007-01-12, 13:59   Link #344
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I can't get it to play. >.>
lol...well just let it load and click on the speech bubble

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-01-12, 14:02   Link #345
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
lol...well just let it load and click on the speech bubble
Ah, that's what I was doing wrong, I didn't click the bubble. Thanks. ^^

BWAHAHAHAHA!! That's gold!
Old 2007-01-12, 21:22   Link #346
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
That strength is his I think. Remember that Kakugane is his heart and by how it was pulsating before turning black is like how Kazuki is, he was DAMN MAD and he was absorbed by his will to fight.

My guess is: infusing a kakugane into your own body turns you into something like victor.
That was sort of my issue. They already established that the ribbon draws energy to power the halberd attacks. Could have had a joint attack drawing strength from both Kazuki and Tokika but went for bankai instead. I am hoping you are right about the rest of the story.

Thankfully Tokika appears more often than Soi Fon does in Bleach, so I at least have my angry eye candy.
Old 2007-01-13, 04:44   Link #347
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Existence in the Middle

Quote:
^ yes he is ~ theres only enough room for 1 butterfly in this world
well just watched ep 15
Spoiler:

dam...not as good as ive hoped for it to be but still the added comedy bits was a bonus and as for the new ED...wtf O.o...im getting higurashi vibes!...bring back the old one >.<
For starters I do praise how the battles are conducted in BR. Fast, stylized, and to finish with few turn-kills.

I'm too tired of the Dragonball effects; powering-up to levels of insanity to wipe out enemy off the map with a power of mass destruction, but is blast after blast and punch after punch and the fight leads nowhere for the plot to break through and advance.

Good thing that Victor called for a quit for a next time or else many would have gotten shocked for the stunning chopping off limbs flying anywhere.

But anyways for being a too short battle it was very cool and stylish, not to forget that the score played fitted the atmosphere of epic foreboding, and as I did previously mentioned Tokiko played the pivotal part to contain Kazuki and return him back from his warlike state.
She may not admit it, but her warming for feeling to Kazuki is evident, particularly when Kazuki kepts her embrace on his arms and pulls her face onto his bare chest, and it was a priceless expression to see Tokiko blushing.

The theme discussed for this episode is that Kazuki must rationalize that he's becoming not unlike Victor and has to fear since he's gone this far, chances are dimming that there won't be hopes for him to restore back his humanity now that he's black Kakugane is awakened.

Of course, this doesn't bode well with Papillion because his nemesis (Kazuki) has achieved a greater level of evolutionary existence, beating him (Papillion) once more to it, and what makes Papillion sick is that Kazuki wants to return back to be an ordinary boy once he's done with the mess that Victor intends to wreak upon the world.

Ok. Those were my views for the serious stuff. Now let's move to the funny stuff.
1. Kazuki hitching a ride fly on Papillion's leg.
2. Tokiko pulling all out homicidal faces, because she doesn't want to go the beach in a swimsuit where she's going to attract the looks of perverts.

3. Tokiko going all sweaty embarrassed because Kazuki pointed out that is his first time to see her wearing a swimsuit.

Well, well! The first part's finished and so the L.X.E. too, however, Victor still stands alive and also the other players who are shown in the opening have yet to appear.

And judging from Tokiko's erratic reaction to the surfer dude, then there's more trouble cooking up.

For anyone who might be curious about the new ending song's title it is Itoshiki Sekai, and I do also feel the Higurashi vibes on the score and tempo but also Avenger vibes as well.

And my God! How comes there's only Papillion in that ending? Ewww!

With Papillion exclusively there in the new ending, the staff is trying to tell us that the song is an only Papillion theme song?
Old 2007-01-14, 02:14   Link #348
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

A sneak peek of the seond half by the author. (Updated on 01/14)
Featuring Archer looking... GAR. :x

http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bft2qw5.swf
Old 2007-01-15, 04:32   Link #349
Mr. X

Haha, niceee. That thing is so funny since I'm a fan of both those series.
Old 2007-01-15, 04:35   Link #350
tritoch

zomg. He drew those??
Old 2007-01-17, 08:48   Link #351
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
ahh... tokiko looks cute when she blushes.

TOKIKO FTW!
Old 2007-01-17, 12:01   Link #352
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ not just cute ~ her blushing can melt the polar ice caps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Ok. Those were my views for the serious stuff. Now let's move to the funny stuff.
1. Kazuki hitching a ride fly on Papillion's leg.
2. Tokiko pulling all out homicidal faces, because she doesn't want to go the beach in a swimsuit where she's going to attract the looks of perverts.

3. Tokiko going all sweaty embarrassed because Kazuki pointed out that is his first time to see her wearing a swimsuit.
and yea this is something else that i have to praise on ~ to be able to fit comedy in such a serious mood is quite difficult...and what more this series make it work
i cant believe how hard i laughed when i saw the blood fountain streaming from papillon's gut when he was giving his evil laugh

Old 2007-01-18, 00:04   Link #353
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Talking

(hurr are we not using spoiler tags for ep 15 since it's been out? o.o!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
1. Kazuki hitching a ride fly on Papillion's leg. ... ... ... And my God! How comes there's only Papillion in that ending? Ewww!

With Papillion exclusively there in the new ending, the staff is trying to tell us that the song is an only Papillion theme song?
All aboard the Papillon Express I say! And an all Papillon theme song is not a thing to ew at D: Papillon ftw!

What I'm kinda curious about is what happened to Moonface, because from what I saw from the RAW, him being killed was explicitly shown even though he was kinda... a head in a trash bag or something I'm guessing he got killed offscreen. I'm kinda hoping he might get a little backstory somehow though, that "I used to be called the Lunar Nicholai" line really piqued my interest.

In any case, with the evil surfer dude who looks (to me) suspsciously like the blond guy from the OP that appears right before that bit with Tokiko touching her chest/heart, I'm thinking we might be getting some Tokiko-centric time in the cominc episodes, whoo! \o/
Old 2007-01-19, 02:31   Link #354
ThoHell

Oh wow....16 was super shocking with that unexpected twist.

Ended with one of the most shocking cliff hangers ever. Next week needs to hurry up and come so I can figure out WTF IS GOING ON!!!
Old 2007-01-19, 05:58   Link #355
kaeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Oh wow....16 was super shocking with that unexpected twist.

Ended with one of the most shocking cliff hangers ever. Next week needs to hurry up and come so I can figure out WTF IS GOING ON!!!
My thoughts exactly! Although strictly speaking, I've read the manga and knew this was coming, and know what will happen, but it was awesome to watch, and they really ended the episode at the right moment. ^^

Spoiler for not really spoiler, but me babbling about new characters:
Old 2007-01-20, 00:56   Link #356
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Bah, you guys are killing me! I haven't seen 16 yet and I'm just absolutely dying to after what you said. I think I am becoming addicted to BR. Its the first series in a LONG time that I've watched the episodes multiple times over within the span of a few days. I need my fix!
Old 2007-01-20, 03:09   Link #357
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots View Post
Bah, you guys are killing me! I haven't seen 16 yet and I'm just absolutely dying to after what you said. I think I am becoming addicted to BR. Its the first series in a LONG time that I've watched the episodes multiple times over within the span of a few days. I need my fix!
LOL yeah that happens sometimes. 16 has been out for like 2 days now or something, you can download it easily! It's interesting SO HURRY UP AND GET IT ^_^
Old 2007-01-20, 05:27   Link #358
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ahh another week another ep cant wait to see what that surfer dude has to do with tokiko ^__^
ep16 ~
Spoiler:

omg shocking ep O.o who would have thought that things would turn out this way...goddam cliff hanger >.<

Old 2007-01-20, 17:57   Link #359
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Ah, so one of the major twists has been revealed.
Hopefully it'll keep those who were worried about the "BANKAI" power ups interested in the show. :3

Spoiler for Episode 8 in a nutshell:
Old 2007-01-21, 05:26   Link #360
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Sorry for the double post, but the author of Fate/Armd Alchemy has just updated his flash with...
Quote:
...cant wait to see papillon/shinji do his little gay dance

http://www.supload.com/vid/bft2/998081139/swf/

Erm, enjoy? :x
Closed Thread

Tags
action, shounen