AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-17, 15:22   Link #81
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife View Post
I think Book 3 was focusing more on Aang's mental growth rather than his growth in strength.(in terms of the elements) Since book 2 ended with Aang's mentality as an Avatar being torn to shreds, I think it's natural for him to go through some character growth afterwards. And if it takes an entire season to do that, then so be it.

ITA on this one. While the first two seasons pretty much focused on Zuko in terms of change, while the Aang Gang had a set goal and was headed towards it, S3 is becoming more focused on Aang's character growth as Zuko finally finds himself.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 03:26   Link #82
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Spoiler for Book 3, Episode 13...just so I don't get yelled at:

PS: If I make no sense just ignore me.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 17:44   Link #83
EoT
~~

I love this show. I first saw it on Abc when I accidentaly woke up at 6:30 am.

The show is very touching and I like it alot, I recommend it to all as it trulely is a great series as you grow on the characters and watch their growth.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 18:32   Link #84
deltakano
1つの愛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife View Post
I think Book 3 was focusing more on Aang's mental growth rather than his growth in strength.(in terms of the elements) Since book 2 ended with Aang's mentality as an Avatar being torn to shreds, I think it's natural for him to go through some character growth afterwards. And if it takes an entire season to do that, then so be it.
I don't think it's that. He seems immature in Book 3 compared to in Book 2. Book 2, he showed responsibility and his mature side when he had life changing decisions. This one, it feels like the producers were really lazy and decided to show alot of fanservice such as:
Spoiler:

Zuko is too weak to be the Avatar's teacher. Zuko's uncle would be a better match.
deltakano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 19:27   Link #85
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltakano View Post
I don't think it's that. He seems immature in Book 3 compared to in Book 2. Book 2, he showed responsibility and his mature side when he had life changing decisions. This one, it feels like the producers were really lazy and decided to show alot of fanservice such as:
Spoiler:

Zuko is too weak to be the Avatar's teacher. Zuko's uncle would be a better match.
I dont think so, Zuko is can get stronger, even stronger then his uncle with time. I think that Zuko will be the one that teaches Aang
Old 2007-12-21, 01:33   Link #86
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Zuko is by no means weak. He learned the lessons his uncle tought him and bested his father. He and Sokka have grown the most in strength of all the characters, in fact.
Old 2007-12-21, 08:24   Link #87
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltakano View Post
Spoiler:

Aang has always had a huge sense of responsibility as the Avatar, and in book 2 his confidence as well as (SPOILER) his avatar state were stripped form him. His growth mentally in book 3 was about repairing what he had lost. His confidence in himself and his friends.

And the fanservices you stated could also be considered character growth on Aang's part. Well at least the first time would be. =P
Old 2007-12-23, 09:33   Link #88
Kumani
ガールズラブ

Send a message via AIM to Kumani Send a message via MSN to Kumani
well I watch every single show, and even though it's not anime, I really love it!
any questions you guys have you can ask me.

I just love how in season 3 everything starts to change, it's really an amazing and original show.

Last edited by Kumani; 2007-12-23 at 09:57.
Kumani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 13:31   Link #89
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

The Firebending Masters was epic

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 14:36   Link #90
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-05, 15:37   Link #91
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Wow, that WAS good. The third season still got it. I was actually very emotional for some parts of it.

Spoiler for quote:

Hilarious.
Old 2008-01-05, 16:11   Link #92
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-05, 18:05   Link #93
servidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 18:31   Link #94
digitalmaster287

The thing that bothers me about the show is that water bending is nowhere near as powerful as it could be. If it was realistic, water benders could just rip all the water out of someones noby, killing them instantly. But that would make it too OP and "too grotesque for American children to watch".
digitalmaster287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:56   Link #95
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmaster287 View Post
The thing that bothers me about the show is that water bending is nowhere near as powerful as it could be. If it was realistic, water benders could just rip all the water out of someones noby, killing them instantly. But that would make it too OP and "too grotesque for American children to watch".
Spoiler for The Puppetmaster, episode 48/308, don't read if you're not there yet.:
Old 2008-01-05, 22:24   Link #96
toniblab

your body is 70% water
toniblab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 01:08   Link #97
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I thought The Puppetmaster did an admirable job of addressing those questions - and in the process, took the show to a darker place than many of us thought it would ever go.
Old 2008-01-06, 15:57   Link #98
FTV

Can we get a last airbender image thread going?
FTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 16:21   Link #99
Ahlunn
mEloixity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler:
I don't think he was a descendant of the an avatar, not to our knowledge at least. He was the grandson of Fire Lord Sozin, who was avatar Roku's "best/jerk" friend.
On another note, I don't believe Aang and Zuko will have a quarrel over a love affair... it's nickelodeon, but that would be expecting something; I'll just watch with open eyes. But seriously, Aang and Zuko really seem to work very well together. This episode was very fun to watch. Sad to see the end coming up so fast.

Oh, who else is anticipating Iroh's epic return.
Ahlunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 16:27   Link #100
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlunn View Post
I don't think he was a descendant of the an avatar, not to our knowledge at least. He was the grandson of Fire Lord Sozen, who was avatar Roku's "best/jerk" friend.
On another note, I don't believe Aang and Zuko will have a quarrel over a love affair... it's nickelodeon, but that would be expecting something; I'll just watch with open eyes. But seriously, Aang and Zuko really seem to work very well together. This episode was very fun to watch. Sad to see the end coming up so fast.

Oh, who else is anticipating Iroh's epic return.
Spoiler: