AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 24 Rating [FINAL]
Perfect 10 70 49.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 22.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 13.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.41%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-23, 06:53   Link #141
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ I won't vouch on that. You just said Railgun was painful to watch.
The end of it. It started out pretty good. And the end of the Level Upper arc it was really cool.
Old 2010-03-23, 07:27   Link #142
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

*First of all, sorry for that last post. I kinda snapped due to the number of posts trashing some aspects of Railgun. Says it's fanboyism, but I am certain I'm not someone who hates an anime series despite the "sheer amount" of its flaws (Don't get me started on Gurren Lagann though).*

@topic
There's so much stuff J.C. Staff has to do and they still have Ceremony at the Shakugan no Shana S series. OVAs of either Index or Railgun won't happen until the end of the third season of both, if ever that happens.

I'm expecting an introduction to Gunha Sogiita or some references to him and some slice-o'-life episodes before a very long ITEM Arc.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 08:14   Link #143
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
*First of all, sorry for that last post. I kinda snapped due to the number of posts trashing some aspects of Railgun. Says it's fanboyism, but I am certain I'm not someone who hates an anime series despite the "sheer amount" of its flaws (Don't get me started on Gurren Lagann though).*
It's cool.

Quote:
@topic
There's so much stuff J.C. Staff has to do and they still have Ceremony at the Shakugan no Shana S series. OVAs of either Index or Railgun won't happen until the end of the third season of both, if ever that happens.

I'm expecting an introduction to Gunha Sogiita or some references to him and some slice-o'-life episodes before a very long ITEM Arc.
So they slacked off on one series because of another? Well, I like Shana more, so I'm okay with that.
Old 2010-03-23, 15:49   Link #144
mr-froggle
Hiding under your desk

I was disapointed of not having the sister arc in the end but oh well I really liked the ending episode alot! Great action scenes!!!
mr-froggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 22:35   Link #145
GreatTeacherKen

Good episode, the only real beef I have is the way Telestina gets defeated; she basically would've won if she didn't spend such a long time gloating.

Finally after many episodes of being a butt monkey we get to see what Kongo can do and her powers are pretty cool. If they make a 2nd season, I wouldn't mind seeing more serious fights involving her.

And I found the ending with Kiyama sensei heartwarming and poignant.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 11:30   Link #146
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

^ Apparently fans of the anime series really like their anime original endings.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 12:19   Link #147
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
^ Apparently fans of the anime series really like their anime original endings.
And why shouldn't they?

I thought it was a nice way to finish the series and it still leaves chances for another season open.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 13:28   Link #148
Welgaia

^ And it fills the two[?] weeks gap in the storyline between Level Upper/Ars Magna arcs and the Sisters' arc.
Welgaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 16:49   Link #149
GreatTeacherKen

I haven't read the manga yet, but I suppose reading the manga beforehand influences people's expectations and while this isn't true of everybody, I do get the impression that a lot of people critical of the direction the anime took were those who had already read the manga and expected the anime to be more faithful to it.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 16:51   Link #150
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I thought it was a very well executed ending, though the epilogue could have been longer. Great animation and action.
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 18:57   Link #151
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I haven't read the manga yet, but I suppose reading the manga beforehand influences people's expectations and while this isn't true of everybody, I do get the impression that a lot of people critical of the direction the anime took were those who had already read the manga and expected the anime to be more faithful to it.
This is exactly what happened. The vast majority of complaints throughout the entire season have been from people expecting a certain story arc to happen, even though they had every reason to believe from the very first episode that it wouldn't. <_<

I'll say now that this episode was as predictable and enjoyable as I expected. xD

This episode is probably as enjoyable as the swimsuit one.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 01:47   Link #152
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
And why shouldn't they?

I thought it was a nice way to finish the series and it still leaves chances for another season open.
Sarcasm, I was referring to the people who wanted the sister arc animated where it isn't even done in the manga.
I should have wrote fans of the manga series I guess.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 18:37   Link #153
Ghostfriendly

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't some version of the Sisters arc been gone over already in the original light novels?
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 18:39   Link #154
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Sarcasm, I was referring to the people who wanted the sister arc animated where it isn't even done in the manga.
I should have wrote fans of the manga series I guess.
Good point.. I was actually one of the people that complained and I never thought of it that way. I just assumed that the animators would just put it in anyway. Because since, most of the time, anime moves faster than manga, I thought they would make it a filler or something. (That's what they usually do. But I forgot, this is based on Index and there's never fillers.) Guess I'll have to wait on the manga instead for the Mikoto's-view-of-the-Sisters arc.
Old 2010-03-25, 18:40   Link #155
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Railgun's source is the manga, not the light novels.

By the way, we should also get some kinda speculation thread on what's gonna appear in the second season. Or we could hijack this thread. ;3
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-03-25, 20:24   Link #156
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Are the sisters not covered in Index? Or is there a second arc regarding them?
Old 2010-03-25, 20:29   Link #157
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's covered in Index, but only the part where it is screwed up that it was terminated. Railgun should give a new POV regarding the project: how Mikoto tries to halt the project, ITEM's involvement, and the first ever battle between two Level 5's (timeline-wise).

Old 2010-03-25, 20:49   Link #158
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Quote:
Railgun's source is the manga, not the light novels.

By the way, we should also get some kinda speculation thread on what's gonna appear in the second season. Or we could hijack this thread. ;3
Kuso, I meant to put "manga" instead of Index. *facepalm*
Old 2010-03-26, 00:48   Link #159
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
Are the sisters not covered in Index? Or is there a second arc regarding them?
Think of it as a prequel before memory loss Touma met Biribiri again. Ignoring that episode at the dorm. But it does sort of explains how Touma knew which Tokiwadai dorm Mikoto lives in. The original To Aru Majustsu no Index author writing Railgun anime does tend to justify these arcs.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 19:20   Link #160
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Good episode, the only real beef I have is the way Telestina gets defeated; she basically would've won if she didn't spend such a long time gloating.
The 'Incredibles' rule. Always get your villan to Monolouge.
What show is going on tommorrow now that Railgun is done?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote