AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-04-24, 12:20   Link #21
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

a friend showed me an episode on youtube

my mouth was open the whole thing out of shock at how lame Naruto sounds.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 13:39   Link #22
Zleach

Oh Why

out of all characters why did they had to made naruto sound so lame
he's the main character of the show too.

If they had made naruto voice sound not gay then I might have watch
the English version of the show.

Hope Bleach doesn't turn out like this.
Zleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 13:47   Link #23
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Orochimaru sounds worst the Naruto. Orochimarus voice almost sound liek that of a gentel men. When he is more demon like.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 14:02   Link #24
Zleach

Quote:
Originally Posted by acme64
this is the worst damn dub i've EVER heard and your insane for not thinking the same.

p.s.: why can't we just get subtitles on air?

only for the main character naruto it the worst dub for him
but not all the characters.

The worst dub would be Love Hina
Old 2006-04-24, 14:44   Link #25
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zleach
The worst dub would be Love Hina
Ironically, Love Hina's dub is the way it is because the Japanese got involved in its production. And One Piece's dub is far, far worse, btw.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think Naruto sounds about the same in English as he did in Japanese, and both are pretty annoying...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 14:58   Link #26
Zleach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin
I don't know about the rest of you, but I think Naruto sounds about the same in English as he did in Japanese, and both are pretty annoying...?
Well I love the voice for naruto in Japanese but for the English NO WAY
take a look at kenshin voice in Japanese now that sounded gay, but for
the English version it sounded great.
Old 2006-04-24, 16:17   Link #27
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zleach
Well I love the voice for naruto in Japanese but for the English NO WAY
take a look at kenshin voice in Japanese now that sounded gay, but for
the English version it sounded great.

I think the voices for Rurouni Kenshin's english dub was good aswell. I really havn't watched one piece at all, so I don't know how bad the voices are :/ he naruto japanese voices were very good. I kinda had a feeling the english version wasgoing to suck. I was right! :O unfortunately..
Homeschooler_Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:22   Link #28
Jigokun
Shocked Expression!

I really hated Naruto's voice and Sasukes Voice - makes me want to scratch my ear out.
Jigokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:24   Link #29
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigokun
I really hated Naruto's voice and Sasukes Voice - makes me want to scratch my ear out.

You poor thing
Old 2006-04-24, 16:42   Link #30
Jigokun
Shocked Expression!

Well it's okay now - I decided not to watch the Dubbed naruto anymore. I just By the DVD and and watch it with the original japanese voices on
Jigokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:43   Link #31
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigokun
Well it's okay now - I decided not to watch the Dubbed naruto anymore. I just By the DVD and and watch it with the original japanese voices on

Good idea! My boyfriend downloaded it, then burned it for me. ~_~
Old 2006-04-24, 20:03   Link #32
stretch87
Anime Addict

i stopped watching around 153 and now i'm just waiting until the fillers are over to pick it up again. i decided to rewatch naruto via the dub on ytv while waiting. at first i was horrified, as most of you are, but at sometime between the first epsidode of the dub and the 20th i got used to it.

now i don't mind the voices at all. in fact, last episode sakura had one of those oh so common naruto style, emotional breakdown and it actually made me a little sad!

my point is, eventually you'll get used to the voices if you watch it long enough. i still prefer the original though
stretch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 20:10   Link #33
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

It's like I don't want to get use to it <_< because it just sounds yucky. Chuck norris does not approve.
Old 2006-04-24, 20:26   Link #34
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I can't believe with Steven Blum (Spike Speigal) as VA writer with basically the same staff from Cowboy Bebop they could have got it so wrong...It's not so much that the voices suck as the voices DON'T FIT...Finally I got to hear Orochimaru's voice and was really dissapointed and I'm a person who always gives dubs a chance...It's like they never have watched an episode of japenese Naruto...I thought for sure Oro would have that dark, low pitched type of voice, but he sounds like a Harry Potter sorcerer or something...Sasuke, Kakashi, Shino, Kiba, Sakura, Shikamaru, etc, etc...All have voices that don't fit (Shino's voice sucks...his whole personality is destroyed)...I just can't beleive they could get it this wrong...Naruto is like the only voice that's somewhat acceptable as they do keep the tone of his japanese counterpart, but everyone else is beyond sad...I actually had good hopes for the Naruto dub after seeing who would be behind it, but I think it's fair to say they have failed...
Old 2006-04-24, 20:37   Link #35
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I can't believe with Steven Blum (Spike Speigal) as VA writer with basically the same staff from Cowboy Bebop they could have got it so wrong...It's not so much that the voices suck as the voices DON'T FIT...Finally I got to hear Orochimaru's voice and was really dissapointed and I'm a person who always gives dubs a chance...It's like they never have watched an episode of japenese Naruto...I thought for sure Oro would have that dark, low pitched type of voice, but he sounds like a Harry Potter sorcerer or something...Sasuke, Kakashi, Shino, Kiba, Sakura, Shikamaru, etc, etc...All have voices that don't fit (Shino's voice sucks...his whole personality is destroyed)...I just can't beleive they could get it this wrong...Naruto is like the only voice that's somewhat acceptable as they do keep the tone of his japanese counterpart, but everyone else is beyond sad...I actually had good hopes for the Naruto dub after seeing who would be behind it, but I think it's fair to say they have failed...

I thought Steve blum's voice would have been good for Kakashi like it was suppose to be originally. I never heard orochimaru's voice because I didn't watch it long enough. I didn't even watch a whole episode, so i'll just tak your word for it that it sucked.
Old 2006-04-24, 21:18   Link #36
Ryuujin

Now the thread's turning out like I expected...

I suppose, outnumbered as I am, this is an argument that I can't win. But I disagree with everyone's sentiments that the voices don't fit. So far, most of the characters' English voices suit them well, imo. And for those characters I've heard in both English and Japanese, I've found most of them sound pretty close...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot

Last edited by Ryuujin; 2006-04-24 at 21:30.
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 21:21   Link #37
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin
Now the thread's turning out like I expected...

I still love the anime even though the english i didnt care for. I just think they could have done better.
Old 2006-04-24, 21:40   Link #38
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeschooler_Jenni
I never heard orochimaru's voice because I didn't watch it long enough. I didn't even watch a whole episode, so i'll just tak your word for it that it sucked.

It wasn't a bad voice at all, it just doesn't fit Oro's snakeish personality...I mean I would much rather a Skeletor or Cobra Commander type of voice than the one we got...Oro isn't a swash-buckler, or gentlemen type...He's a sly snake in the grass...That's not represented in his voice...Now when he was still pretending to be that women he had one of the best voice dubs in the industry which is the woman who plays Major Motoko from GITSSAC...Her and Blum are probably the best in the industry...
Old 2006-04-24, 22:53   Link #39
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
one word for it
*awful*
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 23:00   Link #40
ragweed
woah woah!

I like the dub. Naruto sounds fine to me actually. Once when he yelled 'Sasuke!' in English, it was almost a perfect match to the Japanese.
ragweed is offline   Reply With Quote