AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-01-21, 20:45   Link #201
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
sou ka? sou nan desu ne.

I dont know.. I haven't seen any others that are seriously doing anything in awhile... doesn't mean there are not any... but I dunno... I probably will roll on.

All I DO know is that Feb 29th will throw a wrench in it all.... hopefully no strange changes to any of the seens or encoding etc.... else life won't be fun (I want the full voice version... so much more fun).

Noticed the "fansubber" tag... what role do you typically play in the process?

oh yeah.... nothing wrong with math.... it's fun... do the same thing from time to time... but thats weird.. I'm averaging more than V7? doesnt make sense.
I'm an editor for Moetaku Fansubs. I don't know a thing about Japanese, and I don't know all the tricky moves, so I just work to make English sound more English. ^_^

I was considering helping out with the editing of the project, but I'm just bad at conforming to guidelines and all. Like, I read the guideline saying "Tomoya speaks in present tense", and then I started to edit 0414, and I like killed everything of the mood. So, I just backed out and cancelled.
Old 2008-01-21, 20:54   Link #202
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Have you played through most of the game Chrissie?

I think better lines come out once you're in *that* mood :P
Old 2008-01-21, 21:16   Link #203
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Have you played through most of the game Chrissie?

I think better lines come out once you're in *that* mood :P
Nope. Not really at all. I'm presently on April 26th following Fuuko's walkthrough. I have absolutely no idea what SEEN I'm on, but it's definately Fuuko's route, since I've hit all her SEENs and choices presented in the walkthrough. This is my first route of the game. And I'm going to do it for the Good End, followed by the save point and go through the True end, and then play Kotomi's route.
AKA, I'm only playing what the anime covers.

And which mood? The mood near the end of the game, my math crazy mood, my evil editing mood, or something else?

I'd be glad to work on any SEENs that I can, I just don't know which those are...
Old 2008-01-21, 21:37   Link #204
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

The same mood you get watchin' the anime, it's just a feeling that makes it easier to make more natural-sounding lines, I think anyway...

Just any you feel like doing really :P
Old 2008-01-22, 00:47   Link #205
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

I don't know.. I'm mixed opinion about the whole tense thing... i tend to want to translate it how it is... which is almost exclusively past-tense... but at times it does feel better in present... but there really are some that seem weird in present.... *sighs*

Hehe.. I think that is truly a problem of translation.... at least for people like me... I like to leave it very close to how it is constructed in Japanese... I guess because I like it that way... although sometimes it makes little sense to read it in english and not undersatnd why it was weirdly phrased... of course I obviously dislike comlpete and proprely constructed sentances half the time anyhow.

Hmm.. I dont know, I haven't played it at all as of yet, myself... guess I'm waiting for the official build? *shrugs* but I want to

All I can say about 6801 is at times it seems awfully repetative.... hehe.
todkapuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 01:05   Link #206
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Half of 6800/7 is about whether Nagisa's cute or not. Gawd.
Old 2008-01-22, 01:52   Link #207
todkapuz

Quote:
Half of 6800/7 is about whether Nagisa's cute or not. Gawd.
I guess I don't feel so bad about 6801 anymore.... although sometimes I wish Nagisa would stop being so CUTE and become a bit more reasonable.... ehh.. nevermind... I'd have her as mine any day how she is... even though Kotomi would get first pick
Old 2008-01-22, 09:42   Link #208
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
I don't know.. I'm mixed opinion about the whole tense thing... i tend to want to translate it how it is... which is almost exclusively past-tense... but at times it does feel better in present... but there really are some that seem weird in present.... *sighs*

Hehe.. I think that is truly a problem of translation.... at least for people like me... I like to leave it very close to how it is constructed in Japanese... I guess because I like it that way... although sometimes it makes little sense to read it in english and not undersatnd why it was weirdly phrased... of course I obviously dislike comlpete and proprely constructed sentances half the time anyhow.

Hmm.. I dont know, I haven't played it at all as of yet, myself... guess I'm waiting for the official build? *shrugs* but I want to

All I can say about 6801 is at times it seems awfully repetative.... hehe.
Hm... official build... Yeah, I was kind of impatient and got the unofficial one. Since it doesn't really harm my game (Just rename SEEN.TXT to SEEN01.TXT and then move SEEN.TXT into the game folder), I figured I'd use it.
I wonder when the official build is going to come out. Since I don't know how long editing will take, I have no guesses. . I'm guessing one stage at a time.

By the way, V7 is 66, Zenemis is 33, and you are 100, AKA 200 lines per day average makes the translation phase completion ETA March 7th. This does account for your rough-finalized translation, which I have down as 8 days for 2 SEENs, which is the same as adding 800 lines.

I guess a lot of the SEENs are repetitive, because they come from many different choices, and they lead to similar scenarios. AKA, let's say that on the opening scene with Nagisa at the bottom of the hill, there was a choice to talk to her or leave her be. Then you go to school. There are two options of scenes there, which are that you take you lessons and then nap, or take your lessons and Nagisa bursts in the middle of one. The lessons part is the same, hence the repitition.
Or, 6801 is just repetitive.
Old 2008-01-22, 10:41   Link #209
todkapuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Hm...
Well I haven't looked at many other seens... I was just talking about ... it seems like every 70 lines or so .... while the details change...... they are in their narrow home... and T is talking about how his purpose to live Nagisa... and Nagisa's purpose to love is Shio-chan.... etc..... don't get me wrong.. there are some good parts to it I guess it is just a little bit more slice-of-life than I was expecting.
Old 2008-01-22, 14:24   Link #210
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Well I haven't looked at many other seens... I was just talking about ... it seems like every 70 lines or so .... while the details change...... they are in their narrow home... and T is talking about how his purpose to live Nagisa... and Nagisa's purpose to love is Shio-chan.... etc..... don't get me wrong.. there are some good parts to it I guess it is just a little bit more slice-of-life than I was expecting.
Hm... Maybe that SEEN is a dependant SEEN. Like, does it seem like every 70 lines he suddenly starts to say that again with no real connection to the lines before it, or does it seem like he is just repeating himself?
Old 2008-01-22, 18:40   Link #211
todkapuz

Quote:
Hm... Maybe that SEEN is a dependant SEEN. Like, does it seem like every 70 lines he suddenly starts to say that again with no real connection to the lines before it, or does it seem like he is just repeating himself?
I think it's plot progression really... watching the dynamic of Nagisa and Tomoya change during the development (and hopefully birth?... maybe? ... perhaps) of Shio-chan.....

There doesnt seem to be any decision points in it.... but there sure are a couple of "what happened to the context" moments.... where time changes with no notice.... at least the last few have been better "It's going to be Christmas in a few weeks" next line "... it's christmas day"

soemtimes it just seems like they are talking but the time has changed...
blah.. anyhow... I'm sure it plays better than it reads.
Old 2008-01-22, 19:57   Link #212
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
There are two options of scenes there, which are that you take you lessons and then nap, or take your lessons and Nagisa bursts in the middle of one. The lessons part is the same, hence the repitition.
The game redirects you back to the main route after a mini-deviation, so its only translated once.

V7 just put down a nice chunk in 6800/0
Old 2008-01-22, 22:59   Link #213
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
The game redirects you back to the main route after a mini-deviation, so its only translated once.

V7 just put down a nice chunk in 6800/0
Hai, hai. I wonder... I really wish I knew Japanese so that I could help. I could only start a French translation of it. :'( But, I wonder if this is a sign that there are more translators coming into the project and the ads on the fansubs have paid off... Hm...

Also, happy birthday, Clannad Translation Project!
Old 2008-01-22, 23:20   Link #214
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

I found it through Hong-Fire's link to 'em.

My Japanese isn't fluent, it takes some effort to read it still, which I don't want to do while I'm enjoying the game. Instead of waiting, thought I'd help it along a little :P

*brings cake*
Old 2008-01-23, 00:01   Link #215
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a l
Old 2008-01-23, 23:24   Link #216
fallin up
my life is a harem

any release date?
fallin up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 02:20   Link #217
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

The translation's out, excluding the After Story.

If you're after the AS, I guess it's done when it's done :P
Old 2008-01-24, 08:43   Link #218
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Life is a Harem View Post
any release date?
Generally, translation projects do not put up release dates, because anything can happen. We can only speculate based off of what we know and how they progress with time.
Old 2008-01-24, 11:13   Link #219
Takuto19
Yarrrr

After story is coming along nicely, there's updates every day so i wouldn't guess a date but you can always check the recent changes on the wiki to see whats going on.

Just have to wait heh.
Old 2008-01-24, 11:19   Link #220
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Generally, translation projects do not put up release dates, because anything can happen. We can only speculate based off of what we know and how they progress with time.
And it seems with the better visual novels. The translators feel like ninja disapearing for a long period time right before completion.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation