AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 29 31.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 28.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 17.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-02-09, 14:58   Link #81
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Remember when this show had a blue haired loli in it who used to walk around in a nun's habit? I vaguely remember that her name was in the show's title, so I think it must have been Majutsu or something...
I don't remember it ever being said that she has to appear as the main character in every episode.
Old 2009-02-09, 15:08   Link #82
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't remember it ever being said that she has to appear as the main character in every episode.
Every episode...? When was the last time she played a major part and did something?
Since the first arc.
In the second arc, she gets captured and sleeps through the whole thing.
She doesn't do anything in the rest of the arcs afterwards.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 15:11   Link #83
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Okie, i have a question about this epi ..

Spoiler for part of epi 18:
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 15:14   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
She doesn't do anything in the rest of the arcs afterwards.
Is there a reason why she has to play an important role in each arc? Nearly every week i see a few posts on Index not appearing as much as a main character should, i don't see the point in it really. So what if she doesn't appear all the time, i like that side of the show. It's doing something different for a chance.
Old 2009-02-09, 15:20   Link #85
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
Okie, i have a question about this epi ..

Spoiler for part of epi 18:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=5660
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 15:30   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Is there a reason why she has to play an important role in each arc? Nearly every week i see a few posts on Index not appearing as much as a main character should, i don't see the point in it really. So what if she doesn't appear all the time, i like that side of the show. It's doing something different for a chance.
Toaru Majutsu no Index. The OP/ED makes such a big deal out of her. Supposed to be the main heroine(?).
Yet she just doesn't do anything.
Simple as that. Sure, it's fine if you think she can be this way, but there are Index fans and people just realizing that the great Index appears for 1/4 of the series and still tries to be a heroine in the OP/ED or something of that sort.

And on a more story-focused view, Index isn't any better, leeching off of Touma and biting him instead of giving him thanks or what she should.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 16:17   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Toaru Majutsu no Index. The OP/ED makes such a big deal out of her. Supposed to be the main heroine(?).
Yet she just doesn't do anything.
Simple as that. Sure, it's fine if you think she can be this way, but there are Index fans and people just realizing that the great Index appears for 1/4 of the series and still tries to be a heroine in the OP/ED or something of that sort.

And on a more story-focused view, Index isn't any better, leeching off of Touma and biting him instead of giving him thanks or what she should.
Still don't see why she has to do more, but ah well i see there's no point in me voicing my opinion anymore on this subject.
Old 2009-02-09, 18:07   Link #88
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
This episode was so great hahahaha, and the next ep with Last Order and Accelerator? goddang iīm too excited to wait another week
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 18:20   Link #89
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I thought that was cute seeing Index being fascinated by a magical girl show. Next thing we know she'll be acting like Nagi and searching for a magical stick to focus her power.
I thought of that too! haha.. that was hilarious in Kannagi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Touma got a "Damned if I do, damned if I don't." question from Index and gave the worst possible answer.

The show needs more Index x Touma. This is the relationship that should be developing more in this title. They are living together after all. He needs to come clean about his memory loss to her.
Yes, more Index & Touma - its just funny. But what is with biting his head? That's just weird. At least have her punch him or something.
Old 2009-02-09, 18:55   Link #90
Clarste
Human

On the topic of Index's importance, I kinda get the feeling that the author never really intended to make a long series when he was writing the first novel. He wrote a story with a beginning and an end, and it's all very self-contained. When it became popular and the publishers asked for sequels, he sort of stumbled around in the setting for a bit (according to s_b's explanation of the horribly written second novel) before settling on the kind of story and characters he felt comfortable writing. Coincidentally, this does not involve Index as an important character.

Anyway, the fact that her name is in the title is more of a brand recognition thing than an indication that she should be important. He wrote a book about A Certain Magical Index... and then wrote a bunch of sequels to that book. It's an Artifact Title.

I guess maybe there was an option to play with the titles of the novels a bit (maybe "To Aru ___ no ____" like they did for the spinoff) but that's not really available anymore, especially after you start getting to "To Aru Majutsu no Index 17."
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 22:29   Link #91
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

feels like I'm a little late watching this lol.
a nice story, was this even a filler or no? seemed like it tied to the story

right before he died by a beam landing on top of him, there was a shock. that was Misaka right?
wonder what touma said

at least Index did some explaining in this ep(finally)
Old 2009-02-10, 00:02   Link #92
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... I think this should have been clear though: due to the nature of To Aru Majutsu no Index's original plot content (the novels), it is no wonder we come across almost any arc seeming like a filler for us though.

So I'd say, there's no such thing as a filler for this series. Except... well, there might be exceptions but I'll leave that for self-discovery.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 00:16   Link #93
Ultimate Chicken

Say, did Touma recieve a direct hit from the Spear and LIVE?
(Then again, so did Unabara off-episode, I think... maybe it has different properties on humans...)
Ultimate Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 00:41   Link #94
Bordix

Quote:
Say, did Touma recieve a direct hit from the Spear and LIVE?
I don't recall Touma receiving a direct hit from the tlhauix(something) spear, but he did took a direct hit from the "Mikoto Spear" and lived

Quote:
Yes, more Index & Touma - its just funny. But what is with biting his head? That's just weird. At least have her punch him or something.
What's so wierd about a loli biting your head?
Old 2009-02-10, 00:47   Link #95
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

Quote:
At least do something other than eat people's food and sleep in their bed and return their favor by biting their head... Let's start from there, then think about more Index x Touma moments.
Cīmon,itīs funny i donīt see anything wrong with it donīt take it too seriously,index bitting Toumaīs head is for comic relief only and should be accepted as just that and nothing more than that,plus index helped a little providing some details to Touma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Remember when this show had a blue haired loli in it who used to walk around in a nun's habit? I vaguely remember that her name was in the show's title, so I think it must have been Majutsu or something...
Youīre right about that but it isnīt necesarily a bad thing,iīm enjoing this show as it is and besides the fact that the show is giving Index so little screen time is a good change because is unexpected.
Old 2009-02-10, 01:15   Link #96
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStrike View Post
right before he died by a beam landing on top of him, there was a shock. that was Misaka right?
yeah, the ep implies that she shifted the girders using her magnetic powers to save him. Hence why Mr. Unlucky managed to run under a heap of falling girders and yet had them land around him leaving him miraculously unscathed.
stillmissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 04:36   Link #97
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStrike View Post
feels like I'm a little late watching this lol.
a nice story, was this even a filler or no? seemed like it tied to the story

I'm pretty sure it was her. Due to her electricity mastery, she also has electromagnetical powers, so I interpret this scene that she saved Touma by pushing the beams away from above him. Barely.

Quote:
wonder what touma said
From the way Touma smiled, and Mikoto's reaction, it must have been some more heroic stuff like "As long as I live, I'll be there to protect her".

Enough to give Mikoto the blush of her life, along with a failing self-admonishion not to draw the wrong conclusions out of it ^_^

Quote:
at least Index did some explaining in this ep(finally)
Yea, I kinda expected her and her knowledge to become much more of a means to win fights and solve problems in this show...

Though it cracked me up how she was reciting all that with her eyes glued to the mahou shoujo show ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 09:19   Link #98
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

Yea, I kinda expected her and her knowledge to become much more of a means to win fights and solve problems in this show...

Though it cracked me up how she was reciting all that with her eyes glued to the mahou shoujo show ^_^
So is Index going to be a Willow that bites for the rest of the series? (Buffy reference.)

Well she is not named "Index" for nothing...
zetsubou-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 11:19   Link #99
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Finally, for the first time since the first story arc, Index is finally put to good use for her knowledge of all the grimoires, rather than wasting her appearance as a useless moe-blob bystander. It could have been more interesting had this happened earlier.

Mikoto blushing FTW. Enough said.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 21:10   Link #100
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The part that I like the most in this episode is the last part when Makoto is eavesdropping and blushing during the conversation.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote