AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-08-20, 14:16   Link #201
Dextro
He Without a Title

So it looks like there's a second trailer out:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-08-21, 06:24   Link #202
Skye629

So this is the last one then?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 00:02   Link #203
Vash1306
Pancakes

So the current 3 OVAs+ the 4th one coming out at the end of the year covers just volume 5 of the Origin Manga? https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-G...1SH0J6SR1J9X6Y

Or does it go into volume 6 as well? https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-G.../dp/1939130204

With next years OVA covering volume 7: https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-G...1SH0J6SR1J9X6Y
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 01:26   Link #204
Tetsu Aero

The initial announcement was only for 4 OVAs, don't get your hopes up.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 10:41   Link #205
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I don't know, but doesn't this kind of break the old canon that Zeon was the one that first fielded Mobile suits, now the Feddies had proto-GMs/Guncannons/Guntanks at this time?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 10:53   Link #206
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I don't know, but doesn't this kind of break the old canon that Zeon was the one that first fielded Mobile suits, now the Feddies had proto-GMs/Guncannons/Guntanks at this time?
Remember that Origin is based on a manga that took place in alternate UC, just like some novels out there. So, some events might aligned well with the rest of the UC anime-canon (minus compilation-movies) while some don't. Kinda like Thunderbolt which is also an alternate UC. In fact, I think you can lump Origin & Thunderbolt together because the mechas in those two entries are aguably more advanced than the era they took place in.
Old 2016-11-20, 05:12   Link #207
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

There seems to be more on the horizon, so I wouldn't say it's over at four. It would explain why
Spoiler for OVA 4:
Old 2016-11-20, 09:12   Link #208
Skye629

Episode 5 and 6 confirmed for 2017 and 2018

Battle of Loum and Birth of the Red Comet
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-21, 06:40   Link #209
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for 4th episode:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-21, 17:43   Link #210
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Spoiler for 4th episode:
Exactly, I agree with this completely, Zeon is way too overpowered despite what (lack) of a technology gap we have here.

And if the Battle of Loum takes place in this so called "alternative 0079", why didn't we see SOME space MSes fielded by the Feds, despite them having proto-suits now?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-21, 18:09   Link #211
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Exactly, I agree with this completely, Zeon is way too overpowered despite what (lack) of a technology gap we have here.
I think this episode already shown how inferior the Proto-Guncannons were. They were slower, more fragile, and less agile when compared to the Bugus & Zaku Is. That's why Ramba & the Black Tri-Stars could wipe the floor with them.

Quote:
And if the Battle of Loum takes place in this so called "alternative 0079", why didn't we see SOME space MSes fielded by the Feds, despite them having proto-suits now?
Did you see what a great failure the proto-Guncannons were on the moon battle? You'd think after that, the EFSF will just mass-produced those expensive enormous machines with a big "failure" written all over it? They're not "real Mobile Suit" yet so to speak. Tem Ray was right. The EFSF needed the RX-78s in order to have a chance in fighting back Zeon. And the EFSF would eventually mass-produced the superior GMs.

As for Zaku I being made "faster" in Origin, well, one of the MSs most proud features is that they are very fast and agile in space. The animation back in 1979 coudn't really do that aspect justice. But with today's animation, they can finally convey that fearsome feature of Zeon's MSs. In fact, if you go back to Gundam 0083, all the MSs also moved pretty fast (and the recent Thunderbolt too).
Old 2016-11-27, 09:38   Link #212
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i just realized that Bugu is also the name of the Zaku expys from the ever infamous G-Saviour, was that meant to be a reference or both MS were somehow related due to being in the same universe? despite the movie wasn't considered cannon in the U.C. calendar along with Gaia Gear, but due to Origins not being the same U.C. calendar as the original TV series that along with the movie changes as in being an alternate U.C.,

probably not the same with the Saviour Gundam from SEED Destiny being an Easter egg with its name, well duh, due to being SEED.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 09:31   Link #213
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
YouTube

I don't know about you, but I'm pumped for Loum! Let me see Revil's badass moment after getting captured!! Let me see that Operation British!! Let me see Australia destroyed by a colony once again!!!........*ahem* no offense to Aussie users.....
Old 2017-09-30, 10:02   Link #214
ReddyRedWolf

Ep 5

Spoiler for Federation Network:

ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 18:18   Link #215
justavisitor

A question for ppl who watch the ova (I am going to save it until it's done XD)

Does Char even feel remorseful of zeon gasing innocents in the colony? He seems to be all smiles, making fun of the black tri stars, trying his best to go higher in the rank and thus exact revenge on zabi's family (and at the same time proving how good a pilot he is in the battlefield) At least Ral shows his honor once he knows the fact (I watched the show a bit)

And Char is the one
Spoiler for spoiler in zeta:
I really can't cheer for char, who seems to be a hypocrite
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 19:00   Link #216
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
A question for ppl who watch the ova (I am going to save it until it's done XD)

Does Char even feel remorseful of zeon gasing innocents in the colony? He seems to be all smiles, making fun of the black tri stars, trying his best to go higher in the rank and thus exact revenge on zabi's family (and at the same time proving how good a pilot he is in the battlefield) At least Ral shows his honor once he knows the fact (I watched the show a bit)
Nope. But mostly because he doesn’t really have that much screentime this episode, and the time that was given to his character is used more to show off his piloting skills and swagger than reacting to the colony gassing.

Even if he feels disgusted by it, there’s really not much he can do unless he want to put a serious damper to his revenge plan and we know Char’s revenge plan is his highest priority. To be able to do that, he needs to climb the Zeon ladder higher and higher to reach the Zabis.

Quote:
And Char is the one
Spoiler for spoiler in zeta:
I really can't cheer for char, who seems to be a hypocrite
I mean, this is the man who has no qualms in killing innocent people who considered him as best-friend (eg. original Char and the dude who gave him the shade) just to smoothen his revenge plan. And he’s also the man who would eventually tried to drop Axis to Earth killing billions in the process. Even if Amuro were able to stop the main Axis from dropping in CCA, the fragment of it wiped Tibet off the map and killing at least thousands of people. So, no, we’re not meant to cheer for him. We meant to observe his saga and slow degradation into the Char in CCA (who degraded even more in Unicorn if you count his clone, Full Frontal, too). He is mentally disturbed more than a hypocrite.
Old 2017-10-01, 08:07   Link #217
justavisitor

Thx Obelisk ze Tormentor. Your call on Char really spots on.

It's just that when I watch his speech on zeta, claiming how cruel Titan is, and then watching this episode 5, gives me a very weird feeling.

But then again, gundam is a series that various ppl add so much stuff on continuously. I don't really recall if zeon really gas the colony and then drop it, or just drop a random colony we had no info about it at the time when 0079 and zeta aired, hence the "irony" I feel at Char's speech. I mean, dropping a colony is bad, but gassing all people inside and then dropping it is extra bad XD. I always thought the colony being dropped was unmanned like gundam x
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-01, 09:20   Link #218
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Thx Obelisk ze Tormentor. Your call on Char really spots on.

It's just that when I watch his speech on zeta, claiming how cruel Titan is, and then watching this episode 5, gives me a very weird feeling.

But then again, gundam is a series that various ppl add so much stuff on continuously. I don't really recall if zeon really gas the colony and then drop it, or just drop a random colony we had no info about it at the time when 0079 and zeta aired, hence the "irony" I feel at Char's speech. I mean, dropping a colony is bad, but gassing all people inside and then dropping it is extra bad XD. I always thought the colony being dropped was unmanned like gundam x
You're welcome.

IIRC it is established early in the days of MSG & Zeta in the official books/data (I forgot which ones) that Zeon did gas the colony that they dropped on earth. But just like Ramba Ral this episode, there was a considerable number of Zeon members who totally despise the deed and Gihren’s ideas in general. Even Cima Garahau from Gundam 008v was traumatized by it since she was tricked into taking part of the despicable operation.

Heck, Operation British itself was considered a bust since it totally failed to hit the main target of Zeon: Jaburo, EF's HQ. Instead, the colony ended up veering way off course (after Tianem fleet's bombardment), cracked and divided into pieces and dropped into mostly civilian territories. Thanks to that, Zeon is pretty much responsible for the deaths of half the world’s population at the time, be it direct deaths by colony-drop impact or various post-disaster situations that lead to more people dying (eg. hunger, illness, chaos, etc).

Still, the colony that the Zeon dropped had made an open declaration that they were opposing the Zeon in a time of war, so at least the people of that colony knew what was coming to them as a consequence of their action (aka. Zeon coming to get them) which is you can say a little bit more fair (in a disturbing way) compared to what the TITANS did: gassing unsuspecting colonies for the lulz.

What I like about Origin is: lighthearted as it seems with characters who behave rather comically, the show itself has never been shy of showing the cruelty of war and the dirty politics from both the Zeon side & EF in the most referred events in UC canon side. Nobody is put on a pedestal no matter how liked and iconic they are. Everybody has plus and minuses. The show even questioned Zeon Deikun who is often portrayed as a rather noble gentleman with bright ideas throughout the UC entries before Origin.
Old 2017-10-01, 13:29   Link #219
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You're correct on the establishment of a colony gassing. Namely, Cima's unit was ordered to gas the colony, and was told they were basically using knock-out gas to subdue the population and evacuate them so they could use the colony for their attack. However, the ammo they gave them was nerve gas that wiped out the population, save for 08th MS Team's protagonist, Shiro Amada (who survived on account of the sealed environment his suit provided). They were then persecuted for committing the war crime they were duped into and reassigned in ways that kept them from their families, and Cima was resentful of Zeon ever since.
Old 2017-10-08, 11:44   Link #220
wredsa

first casaval kills char and then he kills char's parents
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote