AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2016-09-07, 13:29   Link #61
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I forgot all about this movie, and I'm glad it's already out. I guess I have to wait for the BD then if there is no U.S. screening.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-07, 18:11   Link #62
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's been licensed so it's likely going to get some sort of minimal theatrical release.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-07, 18:12   Link #63
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I forgot all about this movie, and I'm glad it's already out. I guess I have to wait for the BD then if there is no U.S. screening.
Funimation's got the rights.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-07, 18:54   Link #64
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

As long as they play it in more Canadian cities than just Halifax, I'll be happy. (I'm lookin' at you, Anthem of the Heart!)
Old 2016-09-07, 21:50   Link #65
AB079
Banned

I just saw the movie and all what I can say is, this is perfect.

Everything from the visuals, the music, the VA's work, the narrative and direction, everything was perfect. The story itself is quite simple but at the same time beautiful on every possible way, yes is a love story but a really good one.

I'll put this in spoiler because is an entire review of the movie with spoilers included, so to have some consideration with the ones that didn't watched the movie yet.

Spoiler for Review + spoiler:

Long time that something make me feel this way, I'm so glad that this is a huge success because it deserves everything. There is no words to describe how good this movie is, I hope you guys feel the same when you see this movie.

Simply perfect.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 12:04   Link #66
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I hope this movie is much much better than Anthem of the Heart since that one was forgettable and failed to capture any emotion. Nagai Tatsuyuki work has been a hit or miss lately, and knowing Makoto Shinkai, almost everything he does is just amazing.

So Funimation has the rights eh? Damm, I just don't like how they handle most of their releases.

I'm thinking of buying the Japanese BD as soon as it is out.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 08:36   Link #67
j4c06

Nothing can be perfect for everyone. For me, way too many sweet songs, to the point it felt they were there to cover for a missing ingredient. And the "love" part was somewhat imposed on the main characters. Otherwise a great story.
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 12:45   Link #68
nojay
Scanlator

"Kimi no Na wa" is being shown during the Scotland Loves Animation festival in a month's time.

http://www.lovesanimation.com/

There's one showing in Edinburgh on Saturday 22nd October. Tickets are on sale now.

Other movies being shown on the big screen during the festival include Kizumonogatari pt 1 and 2 as well as a bunch of other Shinkai movies, Kingsglaive etc.
Old 2016-09-13, 12:33   Link #69
Psyco Diver

It was good but I don't like those kind of endings so it was off putting for me and the "forgetting stuff" kind of annoyed me
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 17:02   Link #70
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Was wary of this when I heard it being compared to 5 cm per second.. Glad I watched it because it is NOTHING like that abomination. I simply despise stories with vague plot to "make a point" or whatever. The characters are 3 dimensional and interesting and funny and I was brought to tears at least twice :')
Spoiler for ending of movie:
Old 2016-09-23, 21:02   Link #71
Top Sergeant

Excellent film!

Engaging story, interesting characters, well paced and it took a few quick turns I wasn't expecting. Definitely down on my 'to buy' list once it becomes available.
Old 2016-09-27, 23:33   Link #72
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Against all odds, I've crossed the finish line for myself. I found it enjoyable, and mirroring the sentiments of those before me, I cannot wait until the BDs become purchasable. Mind you, if it turned out any other way, I would've eaten a ghost chili in protest
Old 2016-09-27, 23:51   Link #73
Cicili

Watched this one and loved it. This is my first Shinkai Makoto work too.

Really hoping i can see it in cinemas eventually where i live. I want to see it in all its glory. It also seems like a good film to recommend to friends who don't normally watch anime.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 18:33   Link #74
AB079
Banned

Jesus Christ, what the hell with these numbers. Seriously the movie was a huge hit, and now this? incredible.

Spoiler for Rank:
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 19:01   Link #75
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

It's the first non Ghibli movie to hit 10 billion yen!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 21:16   Link #76
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Indeed, this is truly a masterpiece!
This is my first Makoto Shinkai work too.
There is nothing i can complain with this movie except that we don't get any short scene of afterending story D:
Hopefully we can get special chapter / doujinshi the after movie ending story.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 22:34   Link #77
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Those who first experienced Makoto Shinkai’s work through this movie: I say welcome, and I recommend watching his other movies too. They’re good and always have beautiful visuals. Some segments even feels like Terrence Malick movies (if you know what I mean). But I gotta warn you that the ending of some of his other works tend to be…let’s just say more heartbreaking compared to this movie IMHO .
Old 2016-09-28, 22:37   Link #78
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I'm tempted to say that the other movies should be watched first, since this one ends up being the perfect way to cap things off (for the present, until Shinkai releases another film)
Old 2016-09-28, 22:42   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
I'm tempted to say that the other movies should be watched first, since this one ends up being the perfect way to cap things off (for the present, until Shinkai releases another film)
I agree. But what can we do? Due to some hype, many people ended up watched this movie as their first Makoto Shinkai experience. Oh well, it's still better late than never, right?
Old 2016-09-28, 23:08   Link #80
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I agree. But what can we do? Due to some hype, many people ended up watched this movie as their first Makoto Shinkai experience. Oh well, it's still better late than never, right?
I think all of them are worth watching, so as long as one gets the full experience, that's what counts in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I hope this movie is much much better than Anthem of the Heart since that one was forgettable and failed to capture any emotion. Nagai Tatsuyuki work has been a hit or miss lately, and knowing Makoto Shinkai, almost everything he does is just amazing.
I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2016-10-01 at 15:59.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote