AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-31, 11:48   Link #3001
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
So you 5-starred the final boss battle?

I know this is a stupid question, but:

Can you ever re-do the final boss battle? Or do you have to maintain a save game forever and keep re-trying the battle at the same stats in order to get to 5-star?
Go back the way you came once you started your post-game play. I think the portal is in Vallis Media or whatever (where you got Alexander).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
No. After the credits you save and if you start that file you are at the last save point before the last boss again ^^. So you just have to walk to the boss again. You can't miss any trophy.

Yup, five starred it on first try. Was surprisngly easy, even without much grinding. I guess, I'm just too awesome!
Shut up you...
Old 2010-05-31, 11:59   Link #3002
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
No. After the credits you save and if you start that file you are at the last save point before the last boss again ^^. So you just have to walk to the boss again. You can't miss any trophy.

Yup, five starred it on first try. Was surprisngly easy, even without much grinding. I guess, I'm just too awesome!
Oh. So can you grind up before trying the battle again or are you locked in a particular area?

Spoiler for Last Boss:

Thanks for the help.

I just want to beat the game tonight. I hope I don't go all OCD on this and keep retrying it until I 5-star. I might be there until the crack of dawn. I DO have work tomorrow morning. lol

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 12:34   Link #3003
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Shut up you...

Quote:
Oh. So can you grind up before trying the battle again or are you locked in a particular area?

Spoiler for Last Boss:

Thanks for the help.

I just want to beat the game tonight. I hope I don't go all OCD on this and keep retrying it until I 5-star. I might be there until the crack of dawn. I DO have work tomorrow morning. lol
As I said you start from the very last save point again after the credits. From there you can teleport back to Eden and Pulse and grind until your fingers bleed XD You aren't locked in any way.

Spoiler for Last Boss:
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 13:18   Link #3004
JagdPanther

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Old 2010-05-31, 14:36   Link #3005
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Actually you can get all the trophies except Trophy Hunter if you sold one of the items and if you need that item to upgrade, then you're screwed.
Old 2010-05-31, 14:45   Link #3006
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

For people who waited more info , there won't be FFXIII versus at E3 2010 T_T (Famitsu confirmed it) so hope for TGS 2010 ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 21:09   Link #3007
JagdPanther

So.... just beat the game....

Spoiler for End of game:

Thanks to all of you who've answered my whiny questions.

I'm sure I'll have more as I move on to post-game stuff tomorrow evening. lol
Quote:
As I said you start from the very last save point again after the credits. From there you can teleport back to Eden and Pulse and grind until your fingers bleed XD You aren't locked in any way.

Spoiler for Last Boss:
Spoiler for Last Boss fight:

Old 2010-06-06, 00:31   Link #3008
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Just beat the game. The ending was alright I suppose. My disappointment was the last boss battles. They were too easy to 5 star in my opinion. Then again, I already completed missions 1-63 with 5 stars before fighting him(Lighting, Fang and Vanille is my team with Lighting being the leader. Except the final titan trial which I had to switch Lighting with Snow sadly).

I went back to the final mission 64. Took me about an hour to figure how to beat him. Took him down in 8-9 minutes with an target time of 17 minutes. Now I have to gring now to max my people. Just 18% more till I get the platinum trophy.
Old 2010-06-06, 01:09   Link #3009
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Just beat the game. The ending was alright I suppose. My disappointment was the last boss battles. They were too easy to 5 star in my opinion. Then again, I already completed missions 1-63 with 5 stars before fighting him(Lighting, Fang and Vanille is my team with Lighting being the leader.
Yeah overpowering yourself insanely sure does make the last boss easy
Then again, I did like 1-30ish and beat it easily as well.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 02:01   Link #3010
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I faced Orphan in a normal game progression (missions at around 40, no particular grinding and LV1 weapons), it was satisfying as a last boss (Barthandelus as well). I had died twice due to poison + that 1/1 move, it had quite a lot of HP to make for a good but not LOOOONG fight (see Gargoyle from Koudelka, or Yazmat from FFXII) and the final form was pretty much there to complete the last video. It's definitely one of the best last bosses I've seen in games.
...of course when I retried it recently for the Superstar trophy, I killed everything in less than 3 minutes, them genji gloves really make a difference
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 09:53   Link #3011
JagdPanther

Quote:
Just beat the game. The ending was alright I suppose. My disappointment was the last boss battles. They were too easy to 5 star in my opinion. Then again, I already completed missions 1-63 with 5 stars before fighting him(Lighting, Fang and Vanille is my team with Lighting being the leader. Except the final titan trial which I had to switch Lighting with Snow sadly).

I went back to the final mission 64. Took me about an hour to figure how to beat him. Took him down in 8-9 minutes with an target time of 17 minutes. Now I have to gring now to max my people. Just 18% more till I get the platinum trophy.
WHAT?

Jeeeeeeeeeeezzz.........

I struggled to 5-star some B-rank missions before facing the final bosses...

Old 2010-06-06, 23:54   Link #3012
Sempie
Rargna

I've had it since April, and have still not got around to beating it.

It's not that i'm stuck anywhere on it, it's just after having one tedious fight after another in chapter 12 of
Spoiler:

On a scale of 1-10 how fun/"tedious" is the final boss compared to those in chapter 12?
Sempie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 00:18   Link #3013
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The fight's not long, but it can become VERY tedious if you're not a good strategist. I'd say it's still very fun, 9.5/10.
Old 2010-06-07, 00:45   Link #3014
Sempie
Rargna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The fight's not long, but it can become VERY tedious if you're not a good strategist. I'd say it's still very fun, 9.5/10.
So I can safely assume a synergist is needed? Last time I checked I was using a party of Lightning, Snow, and Hope.

With I used normally a combat clinic, and aggression, strategic warfare, and strike team to win. I'm working on getting the omega weapon 9I have ultima at level 21.) that made the proudclad II look like a cake walk.
Old 2010-06-07, 01:25   Link #3015
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
WHAT?

Jeeeeeeeeeeezzz.........

I struggled to 5-star some B-rank missions before facing the final bosses...
Some of the missions are very hard before going to Cocoon. With the right equipment and paradigms(Like smart bomb to build the chain gauge fast and weaken enemies at the same time) setups. Alot of the missions were much easier.

Lighting with Axis Blade lvl.3 is her best weapon to me. Axis lvl.2 only has 5 ATB bars so no bravery, faith and protect/shell in one turn which was vital in many battles. Since I hate the upgraded buff ups. Every attack builds the ATB gauge. Army of One is great(commando switch FTW). I couldn't pass it up especially after finding out Lighting can get haste post game. Lighting's Lionheart found in chapter 12 doesn't stagger enough and the increase attack/magic doesn't matter with Fang in the party.

Fang with her Taming Pole lvl.3/genji ring.Vanille with her Malboro Wand. Great overall team with the different setups available.
Old 2010-06-07, 02:06   Link #3016
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ A SYN Lightning takes a long time to build, since the most basic skill is obtained last (that's haste) and I THINK it requires unlocking the stage 10 grid first.
Quote:
So I can safely assume a synergist is needed?
I always use a SYN and SAB in boss fights, since all bosses have a status they can be afflicted with, and have high HP or attack, so haste, bravery, faith and protect/shell are welcome.
Old 2010-06-07, 02:26   Link #3017
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
^ A SYN Lightning takes a long time to build, since the most basic skill is obtained last (that's haste) and I THINK it requires unlocking the stage 10 grid first.
Yup, you need stage 10 on the grind for Lighting's haste(I'm actually right about to get it). Didn't take too long to get the other skills before that with the growth egg. I had Fang cast haste though.
Old 2010-06-07, 07:27   Link #3018
JagdPanther

Quote:
Some of the missions are very hard before going to Cocoon. With the right equipment and paradigms(Like smart bomb to build the chain gauge fast and weaken enemies at the same time) setups. Alot of the missions were much easier.

Lighting with Axis Blade lvl.3 is her best weapon to me. Axis lvl.2 only has 5 ATB bars so no bravery, faith and protect/shell in one turn which was vital in many battles. Since I hate the upgraded buff ups. Every attack builds the ATB gauge. Army of One is great(commando switch FTW). I couldn't pass it up especially after finding out Lighting can get haste post game. Lighting's Lionheart found in chapter 12 doesn't stagger enough and the increase attack/magic doesn't matter with Fang in the party.

Fang with her Taming Pole lvl.3/genji ring.Vanille with her Malboro Wand. Great overall team with the different setups available.
Jeez.

Yeah, I guess I'm just going to try to 5-star these missions with my primary roles. I'm not really big on grinding the secondary roles for lack of return.

I'm going to try to 5-star missions 29 and 28 tonight and then I'm going to try the mission on which you get the Growth Egg so I can speed up the grind a bit. I want to max out one Primary Role for each character as soon as possible.

Old 2010-06-07, 16:21   Link #3019
Sempie
Rargna

Quote:

I always use a SYN and SAB in boss fights, since all bosses have a status they can be afflicted with, and have high HP or attack, so haste, bravery, faith and protect/shell are welcome.
I see. I just advanced through the beginning of chapter 13 past the first white goddess statue, and am now stuck on how damn powerful the enemies have gotten at when the black goddess statue sets up the rings.

*Sigh* I really need to get haste for Hope already.
Old 2010-06-07, 18:40   Link #3020
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempie View Post
I see. I just advanced through the beginning of chapter 13 past the first white goddess statue, and am now stuck on how damn powerful the enemies have gotten at when the black goddess statue sets up the rings.

*Sigh* I really need to get haste for Hope already.
That makes things so much easier. Hope with Haste is a great Synergist.

Tags
final fantasy, jrpg, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360