AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 16:35   Link #101
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As far as I can see, there is no chance this will not be a good show. The director did FMA and Gundam00. The lead writer did FMA and Simoun. The cast is good. It's certainly one of the shows I myself am most looking forward to.

Here are my full previews of this and all the other new shows.

I generally find one cour is enough for a show that knows what it's doing. And sometimes two cours give the staff too many episodes to fill, and they wander off into insignificance.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 23:46   Link #102
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Hm, this was never posted here.

http://www.sirenvisual.com.au/News/201109/300.php
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...amed-on-ann.au

It only says ANN.au so does that mean the American/UK license hasn't been released yet?
Old 2011-10-04, 17:04   Link #103
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

So far no simulcast here so it looks like the people in Australia are really lucky right now. New trailer up here, at one point it kinda looks like little panda kid turns into panda lady and in another shot it looks like panda lady is glowing, is there going to be magic in my mystery again? >.>
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 02:00   Link #104
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As far as I can see, there is no chance this will not be a good show. The director did FMA and Gundam00. The lead writer did FMA and Simoun. The cast is good. It's certainly one of the shows I myself am most looking forward to.

Here are my full previews of this and all the other new shows.

I generally find one cour is enough for a show that knows what it's doing. And sometimes two cours give the staff too many episodes to fill, and they wander off into insignificance.
Same here, I'm pretty confident in watching this show with that staff and they've already done two of my favorites in FMA and Gundam 00.

Given the staff and studio and likely business connections given how often they work together I'd still be surprised if Funi doesn't announce this in the next week or so before it airs.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 06:49   Link #105
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
So far no simulcast here so it looks like the people in Australia are really lucky right now. New trailer up here, at one point it kinda looks like little panda kid turns into panda lady and in another shot it looks like panda lady is glowing, is there going to be magic in my mystery again? >.>
I'm pretty sure the simulcast for other regions will be announced before it airs. They'll probably announce it early next week.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 10:01   Link #106
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And CR has picked up UN-GO for a simulcast, looks like it's their last or second to last title to be announced as well.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 11:36   Link #107
Sides

First episode was OK. The background music was really nice. As for pacing, it fell a bit quick, you have the character jumping from one location to another. Other thing is, you do not get too much background information, until the case is solved. I'm not sure if it was done because it was the first episode to introduce the characters or if it is the style of the series.
I'll keep on watching, a couple of interesting characters and it kind of feels like a detective show.
The first case a was a bit too easy to pinpoint the murder, reason behind the killing however was impossible to figure out, imo.

BTW. In the UK it is streamed on anime-on-demand.com (powered by the french company Kaze)

Last edited by Sides; 2011-10-13 at 12:25.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 12:19   Link #108
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2011-10-13, 13:38   Link #109
konart

Spoiler for Code Geass:
Old 2011-10-13, 14:09   Link #110
Kirarakim

I found this pretty underwhelming. I guess the main detective guy was alright but his partner was pretty annoying and the mystery was not anything special in my opinion.
Old 2011-10-13, 15:38   Link #111
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I found this pretty underwhelming. I guess the main detective guy was alright but his partner was pretty annoying and the mystery was not anything special in my opinion.
Hrm...

I feel different.

Inga was fine, at least the ability seem to be limited just one. The case wasn't special, but the true mystery is probably something else, so I'm fine with that. OP and ED were pretty sweet. Characters and atmosphere remind me of a bit like Shiki. I honestly find myself enjoying this a bit more than Phi Brain, but I'm sure I'll be following both. I think if you're a hardcore investigative mystery fan you probably will be disappointed for sure. My only real complaint was the phone. Are they seriously still using that when the father has that kind of haxed computer network?

Too bad that scene was totally spoiled by the PV and the manga, but I still enjoyed it plenty. Besides, Nozomi's voice was pretty awesome as Rie, I think I'll keep an eye out for her in the future too.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:39   Link #112
Auria

The setting is nice, I'm fond of the character designs but the characters themselves are little more than annoying to me so far. As already said the mystery was not really special and especially Ango's power felt really weird to me. At first I though he's/she's(? lol) pulling a CIA-technique there (feeling bloodflow/pulse at the ears and looking into the pupil to notice any dilation) to find out how she is reacting to certain words but they pulled such a weird power there.

It seems like they're going for the episodic style for now but if they manage to build a nice conspirancy (given the setting, they have a lot of options if they don't loose the string of this episode completely) I might give this a little more than a few episodes. Let's see.
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:42   Link #113
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... just finished the first ep ... not bad. I kinda like the setting and the main characters - I am hopeful that they will be developed more.

I think I will keep watching this one for the moment. Not as "ecstatic" a reception from me as other series, perhaps, but I am cautiously optimistic.

I guess a 7/10 vote from me for ep 1.
Old 2011-10-13, 15:53   Link #114
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

The motive must be the worst bullshit that I ever heard in long time.

Its maybe worked wonderfully in Ango's novel (if true, that part borrowed from novel) but you can't use that if you already move the setting to something that completely different.
Old 2011-10-13, 15:58   Link #115
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Assuming this isn't episodic, and the mysteries are just window dressing for a deeper conspiracy going on (which I think is likely), I think I'll end up really enjoying this. I was about to give up on BONES after their last several years of fail. Obviously it's too early to say whether they make use of the noitaminA slot well, but I am optimistic.

I liked Shinjuru's casual acceptance of how the murder is going to be covered up. No self-righteous teen here, and that's a plus in my book.

Inga is...a trap? Is it a he or a she or does it even matter? Loved how he/she/it teased Rie with that Shinjuru kiss.

The art is very clean, and I was pleasantly surprised this is a modern setting. For some reason I had thought it was going to be more of a 40-50's era show.

I did think it was completely unreasonable for Rie to know the two sycophants in Napolean costumes were at the podium based on what "people said", seeing as she was in the bathroom and had just arrived at the scene. But, I recognize that shows like this don't necessarily need to be logical, so I'll give it a pass.

Thursdays are looking good.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 16:29   Link #116
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

First ep not as impressive as I expected, but promising characters and some good voices, and a clear attempt to create some more significant mysteries than we have seen recently. Here's hoping there is an overall plot/conspiracy to go forward with. Loved Toyosaki Aki's work as Inga.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 17:47   Link #117
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Like with guilty crown it's a feast for the eyes and ears.

However while I consider any sort of a decent plot as a bonus for guilty crow,I had higher expectations for this one and so far they havn't been met,but it's only one episode,didn't find the mystery that interesting (basicly on the level of Kami sama no memo chou) however the episode did succeed in introducing a bunch of characters and establishing what their relationships are,so as an introduction it worked well for me.With that out of the way I hope the plot will really take off in the coming episodes.

Last edited by totoum; 2011-10-13 at 18:40.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 17:58   Link #118
Dop
Mmmm....

I enjoyed that. When I first heard about this series I had wondered why if they'd based it on stories based after WWII why they'd felt the need to update it, as a nice period piece could work.

But I think some of that dialogue would have sounded pretty dodgy in a nationalistic sort of way had it been about WWII, so shifting it to some future war against evil terrorists defanged it.

I did like the whole 'system is corrupt' ethos, even though the murderer is found, the whole thing gets covered up and blamed on the dead woman to protect reputations, so I am hoping we see more of a battle of wits against political corruption in the future.

I'm also hoping we find out a bit more about the mysterious Inga...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:31   Link #119
Nosauz

This the bones that I grew up loving, so I will gladly give this an 8 maybe borderline 9 when u compare it to all it's counter parts. I thought the detective things is a little overplayed, because a) who hasn't read conan, b)the twenty other anime that have done peculiar partners in the past year with Memechou, Gosick, and plenty of others, also live TV has done it to death, hell just look at any USA show and you'll see the odd couple formula. The BGM/op/ed where all great, and Ingra easily stole the show. On the whole I'm glad bones has gone back to the "darker"/realistic side they've left for some other shows that I choose not to mention. It's good wish there was more about why he's with ingra since I loathe lengthy flashbacks, but heres to a good start.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:04   Link #120
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Pretty much echo most of the thoughts. Pretty, but didn't come together as well as I'd hoped given the platinum pedigree. Early days yet, though.

Inga is the weird wild card here, since there seems to be nothing else supernatural going on - at least so far. Is Inga a boy in normal form, or an effeminate-looking girl (or panda)?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aikawa, bones, mizushima, noitamina