AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 17:13   Link #141
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Lately been seriously contemplating about (finally) starting DI. Oh boy, I'm expecting several sleepless nights considering the supposed length (which is something I'll soon be able to afford, thus the contemplation). Can anyone give me a brief explanation on the different incarnations of the games and a recommendation on where I should start?

Also, what's the connection between DI and the rest of the title in the thread's title?
Old 2013-05-20, 18:27   Link #142
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Paradise Lost is set before DI, and KKK is set after the events in Mari's route in DI.
Old 2013-05-20, 18:30   Link #143
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Lately been seriously contemplating about (finally) starting DI. Oh boy, I'm expecting several sleepless nights considering the supposed length (which is something I'll soon be able to afford, thus the contemplation). Can anyone give me a brief explanation on the different incarnations of the games and a recommendation on where I should start?

Also, what's the connection between DI and the rest of the title in the thread's title?
If you want the most complete one, play Amantes Amentes. Either PC or PSP. That has no H content though.

If you want eroge, play Acta est Fabula. Only difference is, some of Marie's after story and the Three Colors route is present only in AA.

KKK continues after Marie's route end. Para Lost is set before the world of Dies
Old 2013-05-20, 18:36   Link #144
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Also you can skip the Kasumi route nothing in there. Start with Kei's route. I also recommend DI AA, go for awesomeness not ecchi-ness.
Old 2013-05-20, 18:39   Link #145
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Oh Ba-Kasumi's route has the advantage of showing Father Valeria at his most hypocritical behaviour...
Old 2013-05-20, 18:46   Link #146
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

And that voice acting, THAT voice acting!! You can't miss that voice acting!!
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 18:49   Link #147
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Oh Ba-Kasumi's route has the advantage of showing Father Valeria at his most hypocritical behaviour...
That's only good, when you become immersed in DI and have run out of material, are thrusting for more scenes, any kind of scenes regarding DI, that's when your ready for it.
Old 2013-05-20, 21:26   Link #148
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Speaking of voice acting, though Junichi is on another level, but
NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

He will not lose.

Notice the barrage of comments, when Suigin enters the fray.

Edit: Suigin Killed It!

Last edited by Ougon; 2013-05-20 at 21:37.
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 00:43   Link #149
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post

Like what others recommended, play Amantes Amentes. It is the most complete one (this include side stories from Drama CD included too along with added sprite so it's actually a VN now instead of just a sound).

Route order should be :
Kasumi --> Kei --> Marie ---> Rea

-Marie's is unlocked after finishing both Kasumi and Kei
-Rea's unlocked after finishing Marie's route
-Essentially, it boils down whether you play Kasumi or Kei first, I know Kasumi's route is quite...boring(for a lack of better word). But it's pretty useful if you start out from beginning to know some of characters motivation and background (especially Valeria). I got confused a bit long time ago when I played DI for the 1st time because I touched Kei's route first.

As of other games,

Paradise Lost is set before the world of Dies, however it's almost not mentioned at all anyway so you can play that any time if you want (I'd recommend skipping it for now).

Kajiri Kamui Kagura / KKK, is set as continuation of Marie's After Story. It's a what-if story, so you can treat it as a path split. However I recommend you to finish Dies first (including Rea's route) because it will give you more info and background for later in KKK.

Another optional thing is probably the Three Colors Route, this is a new route added into Amantes Amentes and a split from Rea's route just before the final battle. There is only a slight differences, however, there are some references from KKK thrown in here because the route is written after KKK (Amantes Amentes was released after KKK). I don't think it's a big deal whether you play it before or after KKK, but I suggest you finish Rea's route first before touching this one.

Oh and if you ever gonna play KKK, there is a CS version out there released for Vita and PC port coming out in late June. I recommend you waiting a little bit before playing KKK since that one has more content and more complete ending.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 06:31   Link #150
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiki o toukumono View Post
Speaking of voice acting, though Junichi is on another level, but
NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

He will not lose.

Notice the barrage of comments, when Suigin enters the fray.

Edit: Suigin Killed It!
Between Cogliostro and Yatou, he defines a whole new dimension of chuu2 monologuing
Old 2013-05-21, 07:06   Link #151
Kirayuki

A bit sad Toriumi Kousuke doesn't have many memorable roles in other medium like Anime.

Though, Bey is still the best.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10992093

And I can't believe nobody mentioned this guy
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17152165
Old 2013-05-21, 07:38   Link #152
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post

And I can't believe nobody mentioned this guy
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17152165
He needs to voice more anime seriously..
Old 2013-05-21, 12:03   Link #153
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

@Kirayuki - Have you already played CS ver of KKK?

And what kind of Extra content is in there?

Last edited by Ougon; 2013-05-21 at 12:47.
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 12:28   Link #154
Kirayuki

Not yet, I don't have a Vita >_>

There are supposed to be :

1. 2 new chapters before going into Edo Expedition (choosing either one)
2. A new chapter in the middle part of the story (this is where Kemono-dono appear for a bit).
3. An extra depicting Dies cast from 300 years ago (shown in their real form)
4. The epilogue where they attend someone's wedding in modern world (yes, they appear in modern clothes)
5. Of course new CGs
Old 2013-05-21, 12:35   Link #155
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Not yet, I don't have a Vita >_>

There are supposed to be :

1. 2 new chapters before going into Edo Expedition (choosing either one)
2. A new chapter in the middle part of the story (this is where Kemono-dono appear for a bit).
3. An extra depicting Dies cast from 300 years ago (shown in their real form)
4. The epilogue where they attend someone's wedding in modern world (yes, they appear in modern clothes)
5. Of course new CGs
Still have to wait for a month! How can I do that arghh!!!
Old 2013-05-21, 13:17   Link #156
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

If I remember correctly. Whoever voiced Father Valeria is the same person who did Orange and Seshoumaru.....

Quote:
A bit sad Toriumi Kousuke doesn't have many memorable roles in other medium like Anime.
Have you forgotten Yuri Lowell.
Old 2013-05-21, 13:28   Link #157
Kirayuki

I have not, but really...that is the only notable role out there >_>

The rest mostly are standard typecasted role from what I know. I haven't watched Togainu no Chi and Towa no Kuon, so I will reserve a judgement for those two. Oh and I do think he's doing decently as Girge in Break Blade.

And yes, Narita Ken is the VA for Valeria.
Old 2013-05-21, 13:41   Link #158
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

His role as Gilbert is pretty nice too in Pandora Hearts, or as Junpei in Persona 3.
Though, I think Strider Hiryu is what he'll truly be remembered as. Classic never dies.
Old 2013-05-21, 16:19   Link #159
Gare

Right, so as a total newb to this stuff, I'd like to ask a question regarding Dies Irae.

From what I can tell based on this topic and other places, it seems like Amantes amantes is the most complete version, but without H scenes. I suppose that's not too big of a problem. But I want to make sure - so basically, is the previous version (Acta est Fabula?) basically not worth reading at this point, and should I just go for AA?

Cheers, and apologies if I asked something that's already been answered elsewhere.
Gare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 17:02   Link #160
Kirayuki

For details:
http://www10.atwiki.jp/god14/pages/392.html

To sum it up:
-Removal of H-scene or modified into another scene
-Some BGM being replaced with the others
-New route, Three Colors Route (include New CG and New BGM), this is a route split from Rea's route.
-Adding Drama CD into Extra Stories section (remade into a Visual Novel instead of sound only)
-Epilogue/After Story for Marie's route and Rea's route
-Modification to some radical words (nothing big)
-Changing Rusalka's chant in Rea's route into the discarded version from Acta est Fabula.
-A little modification to the battle with Rusalka in Kasumi's route.
-New OP & ED

The bolded ones are those that should be essential

If you are somewhere in the middle of reading Acta est Fabula, you can just finish it completely first and go touch the AA for those bolded ones (use clear save data if you don't want to bother unlocking Rea's route again).

Tags
相州戦神館學園 八命陣, acta est fabula!!!, chuunibyou, insane love, kuso, senshinkan, shinza bansho, toki yo tomare!!!