AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-09, 16:31   Link #401
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I have some doubts that Shiena died or even woulds be expelled but still this was sudden.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 16:59   Link #402
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

First Haruki and now Shiena...my favorites are going down so fast x_x
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 20:26   Link #403
R.LocK
My turn

...You know what, the robe suits Nio so muuuuuch. Well yeah, no stupidity from Tokaku; well written general direction (but everything still suffers from lack of time, and poor megane~), enough feels. And Nio.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 21:28   Link #404
silvercover
Romance Expert

well now I can say that they did a pretty good job here, though that could also be cause I dont know how their arc will proceed in the manga...
still, they did pull off the tone and emotions properly here, I didnt feel quite uncomfortable like the previous eps, though I still feel a bit of hiccups in the scene transitions.

but im really quite uncertain with shiena here.
not just from what the others said about her not having her arc, but also cause, if they had time to do this, why cut out several of the scenes between the other assassins?

I was thinking that they were time pressured to give each assassin her own arc, but if shiena, as well as chitaru of course, get their deaths here, I dont see why they couldnt keep the interaction between the other assassins since we clearly have a lot of space now for character and plot development.

eagerly awaiting for the manga version of this, to see if this is really how it goes or if shiena(and perhaps chitaru) were really supposed to die.

though what others have said could be possible too, that shiena survives then recovers back at a later date. since she did just get sprayed compared to chitaru who swallowed it.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 21:52   Link #405
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
though what others have said could be possible too, that shiena survives then recovers back at a later date. since she did just get sprayed compared to chitaru who swallowed it.
It's heavily implied if not said outright by Nio that Shiena survived and is merely recovering at the hospital. However, she would require more than 48 hours to be able to return to school (she already put out her advance notice when she slipped it into Haru's script book right before being poisoned), so she was expelled ahead of time as she would fail her "assassination attempt".
Old 2014-05-10, 01:02   Link #406
VTHokiePride

I found the ending to this episode to be really touching because they made the plot parallel to the play. I knew something was up with Kirigaya and assumed she was Angel Trumpet as soon as Chitaru told her that she was searching for them. I was kind of hoping Chitaru would become another protecting for Ichinose since she didn't want to kill her and would fight the other assassins until she found Angel Trumpet.
Old 2014-05-10, 01:13   Link #407
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I immediately understood Kirigaya was Angel Trumpet, the very moment she was asked if she knew her (because yeah, this anime isn't very good at hiding or bluffing), and once realized that Chitaru and Hitsugi were Romeo And Juliet, I figured they would actually end up killing each other.

Well, at least this anime managed to make something memorable. A Romeo and Juliet play where the protagonists actually die like in the original story.

But still, considering they got 3 assassins out in 1 episode, they could have used some more time, like extending the play for another episodes. This way, there were holes, omissions, backgrounds absent or stretched to the minimum. The fight between Tokaku and Chitaru was so silly, I mean rather than declaring a duel, at least ask for an explanation before and not during the duel...

On the good side, less persons remained so maybe more time for them.
Old 2014-05-10, 05:23   Link #408
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ep 6

My god this episode break my heart :'(

is official no doubt kirigaya and chitaru ..... dead :'( we have seen in direct.........

for Shiena yeah dead :s (maybe or not whatever we do will be more ) but this is a shame because we not see much Shiena and it is not even and is already out (I plaind every fan of Shiena)
Old 2014-05-10, 06:11   Link #409
Sol Falling

Although it was freakin' tragic watching Kirigaya and Chiharu die, I can't really stir up any emotion for characters who commit suicide. It's like, most of my dismay comes from the fact that I didn't get a chance to get attached to the characters. Still, the scene was well done, I guess. It did pretty powerfully portray the starkness of death.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 20:40   Link #410
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

My god now I can't wait see Banba-san and Hanabusa-sama !!! >_< I need see more!!! Especially when we know all cut's scene with banba and hanabusa
Old 2014-05-10, 20:46   Link #411
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Although it was freakin' tragic watching Kirigaya and Chiharu die, I can't really stir up any emotion for characters who commit suicide.
I can't really stir up any emotions for characters who commit suicide... while going out of their way to incorporate it into a freaking school play.

I could totally feel very sorry for a character committing suicide under certain circumstances, but not when it's handled like this.

And man oh man, is that teacher dense/oblivious. He must have been a harem anime male lead in his teenage years.
Old 2014-05-10, 21:06   Link #412
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
that last scene with the curtains falling and the teacher is smiling was.....a bit off putting wonder if his in on it or was he just smiling for the play
The teacher knows nothing, and causing the teacher to discover what's going on counts as involving outside people and thus leads to being expelled. This is why Tokaku could just dump Haru next to the teacher to keep her safe; Haru dying right next to the teacher would be suspicious enough to lead to the assassination being declared invalid, so nobody would kill her in that situation.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 23:30   Link #413
EroKing

Old 2014-05-10, 23:38   Link #414
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Hanabusa-sama.... Where??? xD
Old 2014-05-10, 23:54   Link #415
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I know it's rather risky to lurk Tumblr, but MAN did they have a meltdown over episode 6!

It'll be great if this series developed a much better buying fanbase here in the West because it's not doing too hot in Japan in terms of preorders.
Old 2014-05-11, 00:06   Link #416
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

As done with this anime should not attach to the characters .... but I love Hanabusa-sama and Banba-chan ............. >_<

and to the side "shojo-ai" yet there is only with Chitaru and Kirigaya that have saw all .... but they died............ ><
Old 2014-05-11, 04:53   Link #417
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
...You know what, the robe suits Nio so muuuuuch.
You know, she reminds me one particular priest...
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 13:30   Link #418
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Such hotness!

Sadly, it also reminds me of the diminishing numbers, including favorites already...
Old 2014-05-12, 01:13   Link #419
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Isuke-sama's still kicking, so I'll be watching.

But god damn, stop doing your nails all the time.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 03:00   Link #420
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Sad episode, but it reminds me a line from a cartoon I watched yesterday, where the villain says: "Romeo & Juliet wasn't a tragedy, it was a communications error."

Tags
assasin