Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-10-04, 12:36   Link #21
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclar View Post
I think the same. Schnee was created by combining Shin's preferences, so she pretty much has an advantage over the other girls.
I also don't mind if this ends up with harem though.
All the female support characters are within Shin preference. hence Filma is also
Old 2017-10-05, 10:33   Link #22
Huttbole

Shin has a long lifespan too. Schnee and Shin are not okay with harem (they prefer to be monogamous), but it's only a matter of time before they would be okay with harem if they continue to travel as a group. I think someone like Filma will open Schnee's eyes to harem, somehow. Schnee has also pushed Tiera into being Shin's fake fiancée in vol. 4 and Schnee was interested in talking about Rionne's interest in Shin in vol. 6.

Vol. 12 comment part
Aside from that, I think I understand Hameln's plan. Hameln didn't mess with Shin and Schnee just to be evil, he did it with the intent on Shin and Schnee dying at the hands of the "evil spirit god"(?). You know, the level 1000 shadow monster in vol. 12? That monster would have caused real casualties in Shin's party and/or even killing Shin trying to save Schnee if Shin didn't have his OP stats.
I also wonder how Hameln will be punished. Taking away Hameln's memories with brainwashing skill would take away all his efforts he has done, and reminding Hameln he will be forgotten will probably frighten him more than anything. People like the Joker (DC) or Ramsay Bolton (Game of thrones) are most afraid of being forgotten, because that's all they have, reputation. It would be sweet revenge if Shin decided to do that.
Huttbole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-05, 23:05   Link #23
Tenzen12

Schnee were waiting for death guy for several centuries without even considering find herself partner, I really doubt she would change her stance so easily...
Old 2017-10-06, 00:30   Link #24
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huttbole View Post
Vol. 12 comment part
Aside from that, I think I understand Hameln's plan. Hameln didn't mess with Shin and Schnee just to be evil, he did it with the intent on Shin and Schnee dying at the hands of the "evil spirit god"(?). You know, the level 1000 shadow monster in vol. 12? That monster would have caused real casualties in Shin's party and/or even killing Shin trying to save Schnee if Shin didn't have his OP stats.
I also wonder how Hameln will be punished. Taking away Hameln's memories with brainwashing skill would take away all his efforts he has done, and reminding Hameln he will be forgotten will probably frighten him more than anything. People like the Joker (DC) or Ramsay Bolton (Game of thrones) are most afraid of being forgotten, because that's all they have, reputation. It would be sweet revenge if Shin decided to do that.
For me as long as Shin punished him, any means is fine. But I do hope it's really a big pay off. I want Shin to punish Hameln so hard and make him pay for what he did in the death game and in what he did to Schnee.
Iroha Isshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-06, 07:02   Link #25
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro View Post
Shin deserve to have a harem, not just Schnee but also Tiera, Filma, Yuzuha, Rionne, Cuore, Milt, Karin, Seti, etc.
Don't forget Wilhelm and his rampant spear that Shin has laid his magical hands on so often.
Old 2017-10-06, 07:43   Link #26
Tenzen12

Shin should just keep Schnee and Yuzuha (she is his pet after all), Wilhelm can take other girls. Shin doesn't loose anything and Wilhelm get time of his life. He also deserve get rewarded for his hard work.
Old 2017-10-06, 21:54   Link #27
Huttbole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Shin should just keep Schnee and Yuzuha (she is his pet after all), Wilhelm can take other girls. Shin doesn't loose anything and Wilhelm get time of his life. He also deserve get rewarded for his hard work.
IMO, Wilhelm has caused nothing but trouble for Shin though. Wilhelm getting mind controlled wasn't his fault, but not following Shin's plan when saving Millie was a big mistake.

Also, if Shin accepts even a single other girl than Schnee, like Yuzuha, who's to say having even another lover isn't fine as well? If you have two, having three isn't the end of the world. But from a certain point of view, if your main partner can tolerate to share then numbers are no longer that big of an issue, as long as she has enough time with Shin and the respective partners fullfill certain conditions. At least, that 's the argument they might give Shin and Schnee if those two accept someone like Tiera or Yuzuha. (And it's most likely gonna happen).
Old 2017-10-07, 00:06   Link #28
Tenzen12

I didn't say he should accept Yuzua as lover though.

Anyway I think New Gate will stay monogamous. At least so far I didn't see any implications of any other development (which in this particular case is good)
Old 2017-10-07, 04:02   Link #29
MrStealKun

When you say, Wilhelm can take other girls, who are these girls you are referring to?
MrStealKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 08:38   Link #30
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Anyway I think New Gate will stay monogamous.
Shin has two publicly proclaimed fiancees, Schnee (in her Yuki persona) and Tiera. Monogamy doesn't seem to be an important stumbling block in that world.
Old 2017-10-07, 09:45   Link #31
Tenzen12

Yet he has literaly no romantic relationship with Tiera... or any other girls. They do like him, but except Schnee he never seem to feel any atraction toward them himself irc.
Old 2017-10-07, 13:26   Link #32
Huttbole

Quote:
Yet he has literaly no romantic relationship with Tiera... or any other girls. They do like him, but except Schnee he never seem to feel any atraction toward them himself irc.
Oh no. Schnee has mentioned in the WN that she has noticed Shin likes Tiera. Yet, Shin feels no real romantic feelings towards anyone except Schnee at the moment, but there's plenty of attraction, but it's nothing that can challenge his relationship with Schnee or allow anyone to join in.

There are plenty of hints that suggest Tiera will become Shin's lover/wife as well. Even now in the WN she clearly has no eye for any other man than Shin.
Tiera was proposed by a highborn elf, and maybe an old friend of hers from the elf village she comes from, but she refused his proposal quick and coldly, in vol. 15.
Old 2017-10-07, 13:36   Link #33
Tenzen12

There is hard "plenty" attraction or "plenty" hints. Definitely enough justify harem ending.
Old 2017-10-07, 13:47   Link #34
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:
Oh no. Schnee has mentioned in the WN that she has noticed Shin likes Tiera. Yet, Shin feels no real romantic feelings towards anyone except Schnee at the moment, but there's plenty of attraction, but it's nothing that can challenge his relationship with Schnee or allow anyone to join in.

There are plenty of hints that suggest Tiera will become Shin's lover/wife as well. Even now in the WN she clearly has no eye for any other man than Shin.
Tiera was proposed by a highborn elf, and maybe an old friend of hers from the elf village she comes from, but she refused his proposal quick and coldly, in vol. 15.
You're right, Shin is attracted to Tiera and also to some women, and it might really develop into affection in the future. I do really hope Shin ends up with a harem.
Old 2017-10-07, 13:48   Link #35
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStealKun View Post
When you say, Wilhelm can take other girls, who are these girls you are referring to?
Hermie and co.
Old 2017-10-13, 10:37   Link #36
MrStealKun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroha Isshiki View Post
Hermie and co.
I'm sorry I have forgotten Is Hermie the nun we see in the beginning of the story? If not can you tell me who she is?
MrStealKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 14:19   Link #37
MaskedRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro View Post
Shin deserve to have a harem, not just Schnee but also Tiera, Filma, Yuzuha, Rionne, Cuore, Milt, Karin, Seti, etc.
That's a lot of women. Where's the relationship development? You read a series like Magika no Kenshi where the couple actually work through their relationship to get together that any other harem series feels like shit in comparison.

If readers want a harem just because there happens to be a gaggle of beautiful women who happen to 'like' the mc but make no effort ot get to know each other beyond the 'he saved my life so i shall devote my love to him' then the MC might as well stay single 'cause the relationship will be utter crap.
MaskedRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 11:39   Link #38
Huttbole

Here's vol. 10's illustrations!
Spoiler for Vol. 10 illustrations:
Old 2018-01-13, 17:41   Link #39
Imagine Breaker

Any spoilers about this? Please?

THE NEO ARMSTRONG CYCLONE JET ARMSTRONG CANNON
Imagine Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 10:32   Link #40
Happosay

Quote:
Shin has a long lifespan too. Schnee and Shin are not okay with harem (they prefer to be monogamous), but it's only a matter of time before they would be okay with harem if they continue to travel as a group. I think someone like Filma will open Schnee's eyes to harem, somehow. Schnee has also pushed Tiera into being Shin's fake fiancée in vol. 4 and Schnee was interested in talking about Rionne's interest in Shin in vol. 6.

Vol. 12 comment part
Who is Hameln?

Spoiler after de Arc of the swords please...
Happosay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy