AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-21, 00:40   Link #19481
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
LISTEN TO MY SONG!
Spoiler for How the movie remake should have been!:

Page claim for Dynamite Explosions!

Last edited by Satashi; 2009-11-21 at 00:52.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 00:55   Link #19482
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
I do believe 00-Raiser has just tried to help you. If you say you've changed then show us through time. Only time can heal wounds and you put a lot of bad tastes in peoples' mouths. I'm not unwilling to give you a second chance but you have to actually prove you deserve it.
How 'bout this: you guys post comments/opinions on my latest fic idea, and in response I avoid the risk of saying anything provocative by... not saying anything in reply whatsoever. No risk! Of course, you all will therefore not know for sure if I'm even seeing the replies or if I've left for parts unknown for long periods, but that's a possibility that must be faced if we are to avoid further unpleasantness that would invariably come from anything and everything I post in response to your responses.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:00   Link #19483
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
How 'bout this: you guys post comments/opinions on my latest fic idea, and in response I avoid the risk of saying anything provocative by... not saying anything in reply whatsoever. No risk! Of course, you all will therefore not know for sure if I'm even seeing the replies or if I've left for parts unknown for long periods, but that's a possibility that must be faced if we are to avoid further unpleasantness that would invariably come from anything and everything I post in response to your responses.
How about instead you grow up and learn the difference between insults, "being chewed up and spat out" and what a real constructive criticism is. You are doing the same thing you did last time, ignoring the help given to you and doing nothing but complaining. 00-Raiser offered great advice, and you ignored it. TheShinySword pointed it out to you again, and you ignored it.

Stop begging and trying to get attention by being childish. You were given advice already. Look at it and reply before asking for more.
Old 2009-11-21, 01:04   Link #19484
DKN117

I wasn't joking, Satashi. I was being dead serious; fully prepared to not say anything in response to any comments on my story. But you just proved to me once and for all that there is no hope. I'll be hanging around the Nanoha Image and Negima Manga forums here, while avoiding this one like the plague. DO NOT bother replying to this, Satashi or anyone else. IF I ever come back to this forum to read any replies to this post and try posting any other new ideas, it'll be mid-2010 at the earliest, and if the same thing happens again then, it will be truly permanent.

Farewell.

[END TRANSMISSION]
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:12   Link #19485
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Well, actually... are there any Nanoha story forums out there besides this one, or am I stuck here, doomed to be forever chewed up and spit out over my past posts?
The Temple of Ranma has a strong Nanoha fanbase. You should be able to get plenty of commentary there.

Although I for one forgive what happened in the past and welcome you back to the Nanoha fanfiction community.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:13   Link #19486
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
I wasn't joking, Satashi. I was being dead serious; fully prepared to not say anything in response to any comments on my story. But you just proved to me once and for all that there is no hope. I'll be hanging around the Nanoha Image and Negima Manga forums here, while avoiding this one like the plague. DO NOT bother replying to this, Satashi or anyone else. IF I ever come back to this forum to read any replies to this post and try posting any other new ideas, it'll be mid-2010 at the earliest, and if the same thing happens again then, it will be truly permanent.

Farewell.

[END TRANSMISSION]
What you said was insulting to people who write. "Give me advice and I won't reply to any of it". The point of forums is to speak with people about ideas on the topic given. You did nothing but ask for help, ignore it, act childish, leave only to come back, ignore help again, and leave on the same terms you did last time. You're breaking the forum rules as it is, and I'm glad you won't be wasting time from the very talented people here anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

The nature of this thread means there are likely to be people that have complaints about your work. Please note that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Practice mutual respect and debate the issue(s) without resorting to personal attacks. There is no credibility in insults, only trouble.

Please note that FanFics are written by people in their free time with no personal gain for the writers, therefore the authors owe you nothing. You are not in the position to demand anything, and if your only complaint and reason for posting is a featured pairing you dislike for personal reasons, please don't bother to let us know about it. Constructive criticism is welcomed, self-catering bashing is not. Authors should feel free to write what they desire without feeling pressured by the community. Excessive posts of such nature will be considered harassment and treated accordingly.

On a final note: Please understand that people have their own reasons and time constrains they can dedicate to reading stories posted here. Don't go complaining that your work is not getting as much attention as you would like it to; better yourselves and win their attention. (Any posts regarding the issue will be deleted)

Most importantly: have fun
On this note, I'd like to say to everyone here that I respect your writing- be it good or bad. You try to get your ideas on paper and submit them to others for either their enjoyment or reviewing. I know I don't comment often on other people's fics, but I do skim over what's posted to see if there's anything I like. I may not comment on your fic directly, but I really do like all of you, your works that I see, and you as an author.
Old 2009-11-21, 01:20   Link #19487
Dark Knight Gafgar
Dirty Bloody /b/tard

Quote:
DO NOT bother replying to this, Satashi or anyone else.

Will you stay away for good now?
Dark Knight Gafgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:31   Link #19488
Allquall
The Not-So-Kind One

Send a message via AIM to Allquall
...and now for something completely different.

Spoiler for A Different Point of View:
Allquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:38   Link #19489
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

Farewell.

[END TRANSMISSION]
Oh, for the love of--

*throws up hands in disgust*

What do you honestly expect?! Your reactions to any comment we've made for your fic ideas--not even a fic, just the idea!--are childish and immature, to the point where I honestly doubt you're the age you claim to be! "I'm not going to respond to any comments I get for my story"? Then why do you want us to comment?!

I can't wait until you decide to go out into FF.net. That place is much, much less forgiving than we are here, and veteran writers will have a ball with you. Good luck. You'll need it.
Old 2009-11-21, 01:39   Link #19490
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post

Beer. I'm gonna buy you one. And more. Also, a smoke. I got cubans >:3
Old 2009-11-21, 01:39   Link #19491
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:

Loved it <3

Very realistic for how I see Nanoha. Also the conversation was well played and seemed very lifelike. Nanoha loves her work and with her life, I can see her thinking like that.

I do like the whole commitment thing, but I consider that in a relationship regardless :3 As long as you're together, you should have that. don't need a sheet of paper or a tax bracket.

I'm sure Yuuno would always stay faithful and love Nanoha, even if she was halfway across the planet ^.~
Old 2009-11-21, 01:42   Link #19492
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:

Oh much happier topics. Well not particularly happy I guess but much better at least.

I always like when people look at the little aspects of characters like this.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:45   Link #19493
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Oh much happier topics. Well not particularly happy I guess but much better at least.

I always like when people look at the little aspects of characters like this.
Quall is really good at that. She gives a nice depth to every day life that I love. The little arguments in a relationship, the annoyances, how they play, and one of the ones who can write a sex scene without it being overly mushy and dramatic.

...I need lessons on that >.< all of mine are......cheesy?
Old 2009-11-21, 01:56   Link #19494
Allquall
The Not-So-Kind One

Send a message via AIM to Allquall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Loved it <3

Very realistic for how I see Nanoha. Also the conversation was well played and seemed very lifelike. Nanoha loves her work and with her life, I can see her thinking like that.

I do like the whole commitment thing, but I consider that in a relationship regardless :3 As long as you're together, you should have that. don't need a sheet of paper or a tax bracket.

I'm sure Yuuno would always stay faithful and love Nanoha, even if she was halfway across the planet ^.~
I'm trying to go through backlog and managed to stumble on the little discussion on marriage a while back. Thought it needed another view.

Call me a sentimentalist, but I see the legal part of it as "putting your money where your mouth is." I really don't think anyone should go into marriage blind. It's hard work, because people are gross at times and don't listen to you. There will be fights and disagreements, but within marriage there should be a basic assumption that leaving is not an option. That no matter what we're going to work it out.

Yes, you would hope for that in any relationship, but it's different when you promise that person in front of God and everybody. They're witnesses! Eek!

Character-wise, I can see Yuuno having the most stable marriage out of the entire cast. He's a supporter and cares deeply, while Nanoha is much more goal/conquest oriented (at least to me) and easily bored.
Allquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 02:10   Link #19495
Dr. Casey

Quote:

Christ.

Someone go and shoot Nanoha in the head.
Old 2009-11-21, 02:13   Link #19496
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:

I certainly liked it, even if it has a bittersweet taste to it. I definitely agree with Yuuno's point of view, being the romantic dinosaur that I am. It's more than just a piece of paper. It's an important tradition that shows just how committed you are to each other. Yeah, there's divorce, but it's not like everyone gets divorced.

Also, studies have shown that those who are married report higher levels of happiness than those who simply cohabitate. I've taken entire courses on topics like this ^^

One could also use the elderly as an example. In couples that last until their 80-90s, when the sex drive has essentially 'dried up' (but not completely disappeared), the companionative relationship with their spouse is very strong. So strong that it's not odd to see one die, and the other die soon after. They (quite literally) can't live without each other. This happened with my grandparents a few years ago. So yeah, love can last that long.
Old 2009-11-21, 02:25   Link #19497
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

For all my want to somehow smack some sense into Nanoha for the way she's so dense (no surprise there ), despite me being the hopeless romantic I actually understand her cynical POV regarding marriage. Still, Yuuno don't give up!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 02:33   Link #19498
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
For all my want to somehow smack some sense into Nanoha for the way she's so dense
That whole conversation is really bad on Nanoha's part if she and Yuuno are dating. I assume they are because of their holding hands (Though Nanoha has been known to sleep with her close friends, so I guess holding hands doesn't signify much) and because Yuuno bought an engagement ring (Which would be quite a leap if Nanoha's not even aware he's interested in her). Telling someone who's been in love with you since childhood that your relationship's only temporary isn't very nice. Ms. Takamachi needs to be put on the receiving end of a Starlight Breaker for that level of insensitivity.
Old 2009-11-21, 04:36   Link #19499
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

Oh, that's it. Nanoha needs a taste of her own medicine. Badly.

How well would she handle five Starlight Breakers, I wonder?
Old 2009-11-21, 05:46   Link #19500
Nijiru

@Allquall: Very nice short, certainly with me being a helpless romantic. I do agree with Yuuno here, even if my family does seem to be cursed with divorces.
@RadiantBeam: She'd probably try to return the favour. Your best bet for giving Nanoha a taste of her own medicine would be to get Fate, Hayate, and the Wolkenritter to mob her.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha