AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 38 44.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 34.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 15.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-20, 08:42   Link #21
41nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Pizza Hut (formerly owned by Pepsi) got product placement going in a big way in Code Geass.
You forgot Darker Than Black

But I think it might be a bit soon to see a big brand like Coca-Cola in such an ota show like Lucky Star.
Who knows...I would definitely get that SODA if i could though
Old 2007-08-20, 10:54   Link #22
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

just saw the raws...

God Izumi-jiji is trying to be Kenshiro or one of the Sensie's in KENICHI

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-20, 12:48   Link #23
darksider

Just watched on air.

Overall not that impressive, but stable. Konata's unique deeds and thoughts on okaku things, and Kagami's pragmatic attitude really shined on the former half of the episode.

I didn't like the latter half that much, but still enjoyable. Nyamoo-shaped fireworks!

And the ED part...
"Ma'am, I know you’ve wanted THIS!"
Now I must admit I underestimated Shiraishi...
Old 2007-08-20, 12:52   Link #24
shaoron
AQS representative

who is the girl with shiraishi "mysterious star-faced man" at the ending credits?

Spoiler for reference image:
Old 2007-08-20, 13:14   Link #25
darksider

I didn't pay much attention onto them so I may be wrong here, but
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-20, 13:41   Link #26
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
who is the girl with shiraishi "mysterious star-faced man" at the ending credits?

Spoiler for reference image:
That's Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa-chan).

For the first six minutes, Tsukasa-chan was basically a cardboard character.

Kagamin: Why are all these bishoujo game protagonists female magnets?
Kona-chan: Otherwise there'll be no story.

Kagamin: Why do all these bishoujo game heroines have no boyfriend?
Kona-chan: Otherwise there'll be no story.

So true, LOL. (Also shivers at hearing all of Kona-chan's bishoujo game girls sounding like Orochimaru from Naruto, since they're all voiced by Kujira. )

Poor Miyuki (or as the 2ch fans like to call, "Mi-WIKI") going to the dentist.

Tsukasa-chan bragging to Kona-chan about how her art homework won in a competition, thanks to her dad. At first he only helped out a bit, but then he got more and more passionate and ended up taking over completely. LOL

Wonder if that Haruhi endorsed SOS Brigade drink is actually on sale in Japan?

Yu-chan asking about what present her friend should give for her boyfriend's birthday, but she's asking the wrong girls. (All three are STILL single, amazingly. )

Yu-chan shocked and at a lost after realizing that she's still on last name terms with Minami (got too used to calling her "Iwasaki-san"), until Minami saves the day once again.

Soujirou: Kona-chan, you're free to do what you like. Daddy won't stop you.
Kona-chan: Then maybe I should go find myself a boyfriend.
Soujirou: ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

The fireworks scenario:

- Tsukasa-chan bumping into the station turnstiles "NANJAKORYAA!?"
- The girls only now realize Miyuki and Minami are neighbours
- Still amazed Miyuki's klutzy mom Yukari managed to survive in today's world
- Poor Hiyorin, apparently Minami's doggy doesn't like otakus too much
- Yu-chan lying her head on Minami's lap = pure win

Shortest Lucky Channel ever seen. Finally, even Ono Daisuke has appeared, replacing poor Shiraishi as assistant, as Shiraishi is on a suicide mission to the haunted forest under Mt Fuji, lol.

Akira-sama: So you're not a crow this time, huh? - Referring to Ono's role as Sora the crow in AIR (I won't go into AIR spoilers here, so don't worry).
Ono: And you aren't a dog either. - Referring to Akira-sama's seiyuu, Konno Hiromi's role as Potato in AIR.
Akira-sama: Piko~ - Potato's trademark sound LOL

Four of the five SOS Brigade members have made appearances in Lucky Star now, with two as regular casts. All that's left is Gotou Yuuko.

Shiraishi's (the live action one) dancing ED was hilarious, that's all I'll say.

Overall, things didn't pick up until the second half. So 9/10, guess it can't be helped as I've already seen three superb eps in a row.
Old 2007-08-20, 14:25   Link #27
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Just watched it... love it. Another 10 from me.

Spoiler for Spoiler yo:

As for what was the drink... well, the can looked like Coke, but I think it's a parody of a coke commercial. I just can't find which one (neither can the 2ch set). Soda is not big at all in Japan. You'll be hard-pressed to find Soda in a a Conbimi.  You'll find stacks of teas, sports drinks, coffee, yogurt drink and other fancy stuff, but not that many Soda on the shelf. This is why the two most recent anime drinks are Eva Coffee and Mikuru Tea.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-20 at 15:01.
Old 2007-08-20, 15:23   Link #28
Karnot
Banned

LOL, dont you just love how in last half a dozen episodes Tsukasa has this clueless dot eyes ? Its like she has absolutely no idea what others are talking about, haha.
Old 2007-08-20, 15:38   Link #29
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Soda is not big at all in Japan. You'll be hard-pressed to find Soda in a a Conbimi. You'll find stacks of teas, sports drinks, coffee, yogurt drink and other fancy stuff, but not that many Soda on the shelf.
Similar to Korea last I was there - most places had a small section for soda (I love the skinnier, taller shape of soda cans there, btw; I can actually wrap my hand completely around one of them ) and the rest of the aisle would be given to all the other juices and things. However I wouldn't say it's hard to find soda in Korea -- many vending machines carried the same sodas you find here, just with the logo all mashed up in Korean.

In particular I really like sports and yogurt drinks, and occasionally I'll drink the cold coffee. (I also love the kids drinks that are shaped like certain characters... Hello Kitty and Pokémon drinks! XD )
Old 2007-08-20, 15:58   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Cute Yutaka x Minami scene. I also liked the part where they made the transition to given names.

Cute preview. Poor Misao.

That ED... It both made me chuckle and want to shoot Shiraishi in the face.

I totally understand Izumi-jiji, and Konata's boyfriend.
Old 2007-08-20, 17:15   Link #31
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

i didn't get the karas/dog pico pico thing

did the girl voice the dog in air and the guy voiced the corw in air?

That last CHA was hilarious

by reading i found out.
That she really was the seeeijyiyyuuu of the dog in air. The cast people for dog sounds? lol
was that at the low or high of her career?

and oh the guy was supposed to be the esper
Old 2007-08-20, 17:19   Link #32
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Aaaah, mosquitoes. I wish I could forget them but the over one hundred bites I had during my trip in cambodia + thailand just didn't help.

Just to say that the both scenes related to them echoed my feelings back in that time.

Last edited by Sheba; 2007-08-20 at 17:47.
Old 2007-08-20, 17:46   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I wasn't very happy with Ono Daisuke's one minute (or even less) on Lucky Channel, though the crow mention made my day --- along with Potato.
Old 2007-08-20, 17:50   Link #34
Jaden

Ahh, Konata hunting for rare items even IRL, can't beat that..but there isn't that much collectable random stuff in normal countries!

I doubt Yutaka x Minami goes any further in the anime, there is no romance in Lucky Star, if there were they'd have to make enough of it to satisfy all sorts of fans (only romance in the anime a "rotten world" one = no good )

And mosquitoes, they're very much a pest in where I am, but by October I become immune to the infectuous effcets of mosquito stings. Wish the immunity kept up over the winter, too.
Old 2007-08-20, 18:07   Link #35
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post

by reading i found out.
That she really was the seeeijyiyyuuu of the dog in air. The cast people for dog sounds? lol
was that at the low or high of her career?
Not the fist time she played an animal though.

She was the bird plushie in Gaoranger. Pyo, Pi, Yo
Old 2007-08-20, 18:12   Link #36
Calawain
Gaijin

Good episode, not great, gave it an 8/10.

Spoiler for Ep 20:
Old 2007-08-20, 19:08   Link #37
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Of all manga Kagami-sama was reading i could only identify two...

namely Ga-Rei and Mirai Nikki, Kagami-sama has good taste in Manga.
Old 2007-08-20, 19:17   Link #38
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Brilliant episode. All the girls got their screentime.

I know it's not just me continuously noticing this but I'm liking how each episode the background characters are getting more and more detailed. I assume in the last episode everyone will be rich in color.

Next episode preview is great too. More Misao and Ayano please!
Old 2007-08-20, 19:30   Link #39
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Lucky Star is back to hopping around as though the storyboard has Tourette's. *sigh* Oh, well. Not really any moments I found outstanding, but there was a lot of good, and the low periods weren't boring. I confess I had some warm fuzzies when the entire group was finally together.

My reaction to the Haruhi commercial was as follows.

"What's cleavage doing in my Lucky Star?!...Oh, it's Haruhi...OK, now I'm feeling Kaioshin-rage, this is TOO MUCH--and Haruhi's breasts are not so enormous as that... Oh, it seems to be self-satire...I can live with that, but I could have done without it."

The Air references in Lucky Channel were great, but I was so tired when I saw it, I couldn't figure out what they were referencing! I'm a huge fan of Air, so I'm very ashamed of myself, but I'm blaming it on the fact that I hadn't had my nap.
Old 2007-08-20, 21:11   Link #40
krln99

Did anyone else notice that cool fat green bird with the Char (from Gundam) mask in Konata's room? It was in the last episode as well. I really think it's funny and cute. It's kind of like Kagami's Bonta-kun.
Closed Thread