AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 123 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-07, 21:17   Link #281
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

It would be pretty stupid if Hysteria is even fooled into going between Roxanne and Cassandra. Those two are huge and constantly shouting shit at each other. The author would have to make her blind, deaf, and stupid for her to "accidentally" run into the middle.

It's pretty odd that no one dies in a manga where swords are the primary weapons. Even the scrubs are constantly getting saved. Deneve mentions it's impossible to save everyone, she seems to be good at lying.
Old 2012-02-07, 21:19   Link #282
Quicksword

Oh did I forget the sheer will to survive as well as technique and power.
Although It did get a bit annoyed seeing Miria and Deneve talk forever and Hysteria just chillin while they finish their dialogue, I thought it was a great gesture on
Dr. Deneve's part in reminding Miria of just that, the will to survive.
Where's Clare?
I'ma need to see some old faces that I haven't seen in awhile.
Nike made it...what?
Old 2012-02-07, 21:36   Link #283
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
It's pretty odd that no one dies in a manga where swords are the primary weapons. Even the scrubs are constantly getting saved. Deneve mentions it's impossible to save everyone, she seems to be good at lying.
Hah!, simple, yet very observant ; never thought of it like that

And indeed...the way things are going on, preaching a message like "it's impossible to save everyone" may seem a little kooky
Old 2012-02-07, 22:40   Link #284
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

I liked Miria's little thoughts on awakening that was going good then Deneve had to go and interrupt her Dammit!
Old 2012-02-07, 23:27   Link #285
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Lol. Yea. I couldn't help but think..."Let your hate grow Miria! It's the only way to defeat ItacHysteria..."
Old 2012-02-08, 01:11   Link #286
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
Firstly, I don't think people pay attention to me on here....and I HATE being ignored. *Smirk*
*insert joke about how Arlenis is like Hysteria here*

Sorry, don't feel creative today.
Old 2012-02-08, 02:42   Link #287
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
SO
From what I can gather.... she shoots off the thing into the ground and flings herself around by the chain connected to it? That's it? THAT's her big finale? Someone needs to take that bitch to COLLEGE and give that bitch some KNOWLEDGE about Priscilla; perhaps she'd realize that if HELEN can cut that chain and stop her tactic then PRISCILLA and one of the other Abyssals can as well.
Well, Hysteria does have more than 1 (so what is to stop her from going another direction after the ghosts pull the rug out from under one of her feet anchors) and Helen's range is likely limited to some degree, but in essence yes this is exactly how the chapter was implying Miria is going to direct Hysteria right into the middle of Roxanne and Cassandra's fight.

Quote:
The previous post made me realize something.
Let's be perfectly clear. Hysteria's speed in the AIR seems to be reliant on those anchors....her speed on the ground however seems reliant on nothing but her legs which skewer the ground just the same as the ejected prongs do in the air and probably due to the numerous count of them give her the same efficiency and control.
This is also true. Anastasia hinted among these lines this chapter too without actually saying just how more effective Hysteria would be on the ground. So this makes it very clear Yagi had Hysteria form planned out for a long time and Anastasia power was built to counter it enough for Miria to pull off a win, the question is will Yagi throw us a curve ball or make this pitch fats and straight.

Quote:
Firstly, I don't think people pay attention to me on here....and I HATE being ignored. *Smirk*

Secondly, it seems as though Hysteria just doesn't have that "UMPF" that others have in her supposed "league". Beth awakened and ruined Cynthia's life instantly. Also, her "anchors" should or were supposed to be so fast that they were not noticed or even if you knew what she was doing you couldn't stop it because you couldn't follow it due to the instantaneous ejection and retrieval of the prong! UGH! She is annoying/Yagi is RUINing my LIFE!!
Spoiler for Well get used to being ignored :P:

As to the lack of "UMPF" I say the same thing about Rosemary every time I see her... anyways as I have previously stated she likely has phenomenal speed even in AO leagues but that to me is all she's got, we've yet to see her fight for real on the ground or attacking something with armor, with longer range, or dodging ability.

Yeah, it is kinda hard to swallow though that Helen was able to so precisely target her anchor that fast. Though I'm not going to say once or twice is beyond reason (especially since Helen knew what general direction they where going in so could guess (plus she can change her attack direction midflight so all she has to do is launch a drill sword to match her timing and then bring it to impact a moment after it hits the ground and makes a very viable sign of it's location then drill the nearby ground. However if Helen pulls this off several times either Hysteria just has no counter based on where she is (and for Helen's sake she better hope Hysteria lands in the at the other end of the "village and a half" jump to the AO battle since if not and I was Hysteria I'd target Helen first for impeding my movement) or Hysteria wants to make them think she is being lead for whatever reason.

Plus even once tangled up in the AO fight... I have to ask what is to stop Hysteria from simply jumping out from the fight and returning to her attack on the ghosts. It's not like Roxanne and Cassandra can keep Hysteria there without heavily damaging her before she can flee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
*insert joke about how Arlenis is like Hysteria here*

Sorry, don't feel creative today.
You payed attention to her, that's like pulling the sword out of her throat... Great, now she can eat the rest of us . Good job JB... or is this what you intended all along?
Old 2012-02-08, 03:08   Link #288
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Not the greatest chapter... but I am happy to see that Yagi seems to be back-peddling a little on the whole "must not kill anyone under any conditions because that would make us as bad as them" nonsense. Let's hope this trend continues and we'll get back to sense with more characters that are not impotent like in chapter 2 - the black card.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:28   Link #289
MalakTawus

There is a very good reason why in this arc almost no one dies, it's because the ghosts have basically made their top priority to save everyone they can,and if you think about it,the ghosts are a group of warriors where the weakest one is still a strong single digit level,it's quite obvious that they'll have great results imo.

It you take away the ghosts' savings you'll see that there would have been a good amount of deaths even in this second arc.
Saying that, the rebels are now in a situation where also the ghosts' determination won't be enough to save everyone,so i'm quite sure we'll have some deaths now.
Old 2012-02-08, 07:32   Link #290
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Miria's aiming to draw Hysteria into the Rox vs Cass fight but to keep Hysteria there she will need to stop her moving around so quickly maybe by getting rid of her anchors.

@Arlenis the reason Helen can't cut Hysteria's anchor chain may be that the anchor comes back to Hysteria too quickly when she changes direction in the air.

I thought Clare may have come back as she's been gone a long time, Raki may be watching the Claymore fight from the window since he would get killed by going to the fight.
Old 2012-02-08, 08:18   Link #291
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Maybe if we're lucky Roxanne will have some ability to absorb Hysteria, and the plan totally backfires.
Old 2012-02-08, 11:03   Link #292
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Hey guys, thanks for the invite to the group. About Claymore's newest chapter, I haven't gotten to reading it yet. Ima go read it now.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2012-02-08, 14:11   Link #293
LONEWOLF13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
I liked Miria's little thoughts on awakening that was going good then Deneve had to go and interrupt her Dammit!
The manga wouldint be called Claymore anymore but instead called
AWAKEND if annybody can turn into a monster all of an sudden it gets boring and goes only about power power power and seems the easiest path to take in order to beat an powerful opponent.

I love it when a Warrior puts a lot of affort in order to beat someone whenever its a dragon,Monster or a warrior with skills an guts.
Old 2012-02-08, 16:18   Link #294
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksword View Post
Nike made it...what?
I know. It is so strange that such an insignificant character would still be alive in such a situation.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2012-02-08, 16:19   Link #295
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONEWOLF13 View Post
if annybody can turn into a monster all of an sudden it gets boring and goes only about power power power and seems the easiest path to take in order to beat an powerful opponent.

I love it when a Warrior puts a lot of affort in order to beat someone whenever its a dragon,Monster or a warrior with skills an guts.
Well they all have been able to awaken into monsters from the beginning, Thing is they would all rather choose death then that. It's far from the easiest choice and not just about the power. I mean for those that value their humanity so much just think how hard it most be to throw it all away by choice, but who knows maybe its not all bad.

Last edited by TheRussianMeatClob; 2012-02-08 at 18:38. Reason: WORDs
Old 2012-02-08, 16:22   Link #296
limao
DeAd

I was surprised by Nike as well, she actually considers a major achievement pulling off the sword from the "thing's" throat and then free Anastasia...after all it was the "thing's" request, anyone could have done it lol.
I'm not surprised by Nike's being alive so far...I mean, look at yuma lol
It seem there's some exceptions to Yagi's killing spree of weaklings, maybe his personal preferences will live on?
Old 2012-02-08, 16:35   Link #297
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by limao View Post
I'm not surprised by Nike's being alive so far...I mean, look at yuma lol
BUT YUMA IS AMAZING!!!

But really, I do like Yuma. She is so cute when she is all nervous and everything

However, there are characters like Tabitha...

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2012-02-08, 16:56   Link #298
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Who is this "Tabitha" you speak of?
Old 2012-02-08, 17:24   Link #299
henwy

Every time I read a new chapter of Claymore I always have the same phrase running through my head, 'my kingdom for a tactical nuke'. It was probably extreme even before this, but it's just getting preposterous now. The enemies are now so ridiculously overpowered that it makes no sense that no one is dying. Someone had better find some kryptonite or we need another 7 year training montage.
Old 2012-02-08, 18:27   Link #300
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by henwy View Post
Every time I read a new chapter of Claymore I always have the same phrase running through my head, 'my kingdom for a tactical nuke'. It was probably extreme even before this, but it's just getting preposterous now. The enemies are now so ridiculously overpowered that it makes no sense that no one is dying. Someone had better find some kryptonite or we need another 7 year training montage.
That's what 'Clar-cilla' is for

And Yuma is destined to become the 3rd Goddess alongside Clare and Teresa.
Miria shall become their high priestess alongside Galatea and...

*watches my imagination run wild*....

It's been a while since he got out...

*bows*

Tags
claymore, dr. deneve, miria