AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-05-24, 20:51   Link #4501
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

One-eyed ghouls are considered stronger than regular ghouls but a child between Touka and Kaneki would be 3/4 ghoul and 1/4 human (if it survives long enough to be born in the first place). Questionable whether that would make it stronger or weaker.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 00:52   Link #4502
Culaio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
One-eyed ghouls are considered stronger than regular ghouls but a child between Touka and Kaneki would be 3/4 ghoul and 1/4 human (if it survives long enough to be born in the first place). Questionable whether that would make it stronger or weaker.
technically if we looked at it realistically, child should be 1/2 ghoul and 1/2 human since Kaneki is half ghoul but not genetically, his genes should be 100% human, for example if someone has organ transplant, his DNA doesnt change and he will pass on his original DNA to his child even if some of his organs have different DNA.

And yes it should mean that their child wouldnt survive since to touka body it would be food...
Culaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 03:06   Link #4503
Windsgrace

Just a thought...If Ken and Touka go through hell (more than now), Touka gets pregnant and has a one eyed ghoul child and the world gets more twisted~ Wouldn't the child be a lot like Eto? I mean Eto hated her father, lost faith in the world, went nuts then founded an organization to take down the Washuu. Now replaced the Washuu with ___ and wouldn't history repeats itself? (New Organizations, New CCG etc.) Ken just has to do something that pisses off the child and Touka would eventually need to die. Or vise Versa.
Thoughts?

Last edited by Windsgrace; 2017-05-25 at 03:38.
Windsgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 11:09   Link #4504
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
Just a thought...If Ken and Touka go through hell (more than now), Touka gets pregnant and has a one eyed ghoul child and the world gets more twisted~ Wouldn't the child be a lot like Eto? I mean Eto hated her father, lost faith in the world, went nuts then founded an organization to take down the Washuu. Now replaced the Washuu with ___ and wouldn't history repeats itself? (New Organizations, New CCG etc.) Ken just has to do something that pisses off the child and Touka would eventually need to die. Or vise Versa.
Thoughts?
I mean yeah, and it could very well happen.

I just don't buy into that sort of tragic ending because it is just a perpetuation of the cycle. I would prefer Touka and Kaneki to raise a child that isn't psycho - pretty much everyone has been brought up crappily if they're a ghoul.

Maybe that's the victory we should have at the end. Some kid who is just addicted to coffee, lol.

Anyhow, a select number people are losing their minds over the latest chapter of the story. Pretty sad and shows how shallow people can be... Please don't be like this.
Old 2017-05-25, 11:49   Link #4505
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culaio View Post
technically if we looked at it realistically, child should be 1/2 ghoul and 1/2 human since Kaneki is half ghoul but not genetically, his genes should be 100% human, for example if someone has organ transplant, his DNA doesnt change and he will pass on his original DNA to his child even if some of his organs have different DNA.

And yes it should mean that their child wouldnt survive since to touka body it would be food...
Normally, I would agree with you, but since it is fiction, isn't it possible Kaneki's DNA was rewritten over the years due to all the regenerating he had to do and the high concentration of RC cells in his body? We need an expert on ghoul science.
Old 2017-05-25, 22:32   Link #4506
Ratedhook522

Hey can somebody tell me that on page 16 right before the last page, are they kissing or just hugging each other? I can't see their faces all to well.
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 01:27   Link #4507
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
Hey can somebody tell me that on page 16 right before the last page, are they kissing or just hugging each other? I can't see their faces all to well.
They are hugging and could be kissing but does it matter? It is a scene showing the characters re confirming their connection to each other. Its a normal occurrence in real life. I was surprised Ishida added such a realistic act of intimacy. After can be more fulfilling then the act. Does that answer your question? I don't think there is a need to look further into this.

Also yeah @ Mach56gs people freak out when ever there is a pairing. Even more so when its an abrupt choice in addition to a intimate act. x.x So yeah people can sometimes be shallow. But you know in some series the author makes a bad call or throws everyone for a loop so meh. Anyway~
Old 2017-05-26, 10:17   Link #4508
Ratedhook522

Quote:
They are hugging and could be kissing but does it matter? It is a scene showing the characters re confirming their connection to each other. Its a normal occurrence in real life. I was surprised Ishida added such a realistic act of intimacy. After can be more fulfilling then the act. Does that answer your question? I don't think there is a need to look further into this.

Also yeah @ Mach56gs people freak out when ever there is a pairing. Even more so when its an abrupt choice in addition to a intimate act. x.x So yeah people can sometimes be shallow. But you know in some series the author makes a bad call or throws everyone for a loop so meh. Anyway~
Your words speak the truth. Sorry it's just that this is the first time I've seen a sex scene in a manga and honestly it's fucking hard to see their faces throughout the chapter especially on page 16 where you can't tell if their kissing or just clinging to each other due to their faces view point being blocked off.

Last edited by Ratedhook522; 2017-05-26 at 10:50.
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 10:54   Link #4509
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
Your words speak the truth. Sorry it's just that this is the first time I've seen a sex scene in a manga and honestly it's fucking hard to see their faces throughout the chapter especially on page 16 where you can't tell if their kissing or just clinging to each other due to their faces view point being blocked off.
Don't blame the original art. Tokyo Ghoul's scans are notorious for being too dark. This issue has persisted across several groups so my guess is it's a raw provider problem.
Old 2017-05-27, 12:51   Link #4510
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thank god Yoriko was safe. I guess there is still hope for Mutsuki.

We knew Kiyoko was still in the hospital, but holy shit, I did not expect that. I understand why her nephew hates Kaneki so much now. I can't believe he went this far. I just can't. Or is this Furuta's doing? (found her unconscious after her fight with Kaneki and decided to do a little something extra to perfect his portrayal of Kaneki as a villain)

The ending of the chapter raised even more death flags.
Old 2017-05-27, 16:06   Link #4511
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

My boys Urie and Ui looking dead as fuck right now. They both are my favorite characters, feel bad for them

Really fucked up what happened to Kiyoko. Did Kaneki really do that? if so then Aura's rage is justified and i understand him(even siding with him for a bit).
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 22:14   Link #4512
amtro
Distro

This is what is going to happen in the future. I am certain of it after reading the burnt womb poem.
Old 2017-05-28, 05:02   Link #4513
Windsgrace

What is the burnt womb poem? I couldn't find it.
Also that pic is troublesome. xD

I liked in the last chapter Touka gave a ring for Ken to remember her by but Touka could remember Ken by simply looking in the mud for bugs. (centipede) xD How romantic. (sarcastic here)
Also what did they mean that "I guess that hand is fake." I didn't quite understand. I looked at the ch but I couldn't see a hand that looked fake. Was it referring to Ken or Yoriko? I looked at the pics of Yoriko but I didn't see it. Or am I missing something here?
Old 2017-05-28, 06:33   Link #4514
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Also what did they mean that "I guess that hand is fake." I didn't quite understand. I looked at the ch but I couldn't see a hand that looked fake. Was it referring to Ken or Yoriko? I looked at the pics of Yoriko but I didn't see it. Or am I missing something here?
Touka was talking about the hand Mutsuki showed her which she claimed was Yoriko's. Turns out Yoriko is completely fine so the hand was a fake, although I'm not sure if that means the hand wasn't real or if that was the hand of somebody else.
Old 2017-05-28, 06:51   Link #4515
amtro
Distro

Quote:

I liked in the last chapter Touka gave a ring for Ken to remember her by but Touka could remember Ken by simply looking in the mud for bugs. (centipede) xD How romantic. (sarcastic here)
A poem that foreshadows the death of Kaneki's twins and their subsequent haunting as his new tulpas, driving him even more insane and plunging him into the abyss.

http://makyun.tumblr.com/post/147778...e-it-was-burnt
Old 2017-05-28, 13:36   Link #4516
Adamarclight

why i hear so many gayota cries in jap ?
Old 2017-05-28, 18:05   Link #4517
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Something Ishida released last year together with the Kirishima family pic.

http://sui-zakki.tumblr.com/post/147...AD%BB%E3%81%AB
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-29, 12:38   Link #4518
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

You might want to take a look at this everyone

Forgive me for this but I think everyone should know what people have send hate mail, to Ishida Sui on Twitter and you all should be aware of this because it's not fair on him...

Fans are calling the latest chapter "homophobic" and are burning physical copies of the manga.

The international fanbase went insane after chapter 125 of Tokyo Ghoul leaked online. Scanners quickly translated the chapter and fans were eager to read it, but a large segment of the fanbase went apeshit upon learning that Kaneki and Touka have sex!

If you’ve read Tokyo Ghoul from the start or watched the anime, you’ll know that it is obvious that Kaneki and Touka have feelings for each other. But, a dedicated segment of fans were adamant that Kaneki and his male best friend Hide would end up as a couple…only to have their ship destroyed by Sui Ishida.

Most fanbases have ravenous shipping wars, and it’s not uncommon for popular ships to sink because they don’t fit into the story. Even Fairy Tail creator Hiro Mashima had to plead with his fans to stop attacking each other based on shipping.

Spoiler for This is disgusting:

Sadly, Tokyo Ghoul fans didn’t get the message as they promptly attacked Ishida on social media with claims that he is homophobic and sharing pictures burning Tokyo Ghoul manga copies. Some fans even demanded that Ishida commits suicide while sharing their joy in pirating the series instead of legally supporting their once favorite manga.

However, there are Tokyo Ghoul fans who are teaming up to show Ishida their appreciation for his work and to counter-balance the vile comments towards him. The Tokyo Ghoul subreddit is planning on a campaign to send Ishida positive messages and fanart using the hashtag #IshidaAppreciation around May 27th or June 1st.

http://goboiano.com/tokyo-ghoul-fans...er-new-chapter
Old 2017-05-29, 15:06   Link #4519
Hoodspirit

The comment section of the site you linked is as hate-filled as the twitter entries towards Ishida.
It might have been better to write your own post about the issue.

Attacks towards the author on a personal level with statements like 'kill yourself' shouldn't exist, and claiming him to be homophobe with no evidence is not justified.
What they do with their physical copies is their decision, although destroying them is not as effective as writing a critic with one's point of reason.

There is a lot to criticize for the past three quarters of a year (end of Rue Island Arc). Personally I think this explosion of negative comments is the accumulated frustration from the mentioned time period, rather than just the simple fact that Kaneki and Touka became a couple.
I wouldn't even put it past Ishida if that was exactly the kind of reaction he wanted to provoke.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-29, 16:48   Link #4520
LG-MAX 2.o

As I've said once, it's just the arrogance of westener to consider themselves superior to japanese fans. I saw on yaraon site that most japanese liked of the chapter.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, drama, gore, modern fantasy, sci-fi, seinen, tragedy