AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-10-11, 18:00   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1063 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Time for some OP goodness! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "My Only Family". In the ministory, we learn from a teary-eyed Brulee that Pudding was kidnapped when the town got frozen!

-Luffy's group get a change of clothes from one of Vegapunk's gizmos. As they continue exploring the island, they suddenly come across..... Kuma! However, this Kuma doesn't seem to be the same as the original or the Seraphim shown last chapter, as he's in a policeman's uniform. He attacks the group, and as Luffy is about to return fire, Bonney stops him! She tells him that Kuma is her real father, and is the only remaining family she has. We see a brief flashback image of the younger Kuma together with Bonney....

-No update on Zoro's group this chapter, but things do take quite an interesting turn: We focus on Trafalgar Law, who suddenly gets ambushed by Blackbeard!!! This time, the emperor brought with him the founding members of his crew..... ALL of whom have DF powers now. Jesus Burgess has the powers of the Riki Riki (strength) no Mi, which gives him a huge boost in power! Doc Q possesses the abilities of the Shiku Shiku (sick) no Mi, which can infect anyone with illnesses! Van Augur now has the powers of the Wapu Wapu (warp) no Mi, which is based on teleportation! And last, but not least, Doc Q's horse Stronger has the Uma Uma (horse) no Mi, Model Pegasus Mythical Zoan!

-Law tries to escape them by sailing to a nearby island, but Augur warps Burgess ahead of the supernova! He then throws an entire mountain at him! Doc Q is next to go on the offensive, trying to infect Law with a disease that turns him into a woman, but the supernova counters with his haki! He says that a strong enough haki can nullify DF powers, which was something he learned fighting against Kaidou and Big Mom! The chapter ends with Blackbeard himself stepping up to Law, saying he was wondering which of the three captains who left Wano would cross paths with him first. He knows they must have obtained a Road Poneglyph from Kaidou, so he's here to swipe it from them! Law is ready to fight, winner takes all....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-10-18 at 10:35.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 18:12   Link #2
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Dumb question but, since you mentioned the founding members, do you think the updated spoilers for later in the week will include anything on Lafitte?
Old 2022-10-11, 18:24   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Every chapter is better than the last, and makes me angrier that Wano dragged on for so long.

Blackbeard is gunning for the end game now. It's obvious why he had Aokiji kidnap Pudding, and now he's after Law's Road Poneglyphs. Law isn't winning this one, giving how his crew is worthless.

I'll wait for the chapter, but it kinda sounds like Oda didn't think things through once again by having the guy with power to give disease turn Law into a woman to weaken him. There are just so many problems with that

Didn't Gan Fall's stead have the Pegasus DF? Or was it a different model?

Burgess' DF suits him, but giving the guy whose main trait was his superstrength a DF that gives him superstrength feels a bit dumb. And no, I don't think he had it before. He wanted to eat the Mera Mera, and I very doubt anyone other than BB can eat more than one DF.
Old 2022-10-11, 18:40   Link #4
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Every chapter is better than the last, and makes me angrier that Wano dragged on for so long.

Blackbeard is gunning for the end game now. It's obvious why he had Aokiji kidnap Pudding, and now he's after Law's Road Poneglyphs. Law isn't winning this one, giving how his crew is worthless.

I'll wait for the chapter, but it kinda sounds like Oda didn't think things through once again by having the guy with power to give disease turn Law into a woman to weaken him. There are just so many problems with that

Burgess' DF suits him, but giving the guy whose main trait was his superstrength a DF that gives him superstrength feels a bit dumb. And no, I don't think he had it before. He wanted to eat the Mera Mera, and I very doubt anyone other than BB can eat more than one DF.
Gan Fall's horse, Pierre, ate the base model Horse Horse fruit. He's originally a bird so changing halfway into a horse turned him into a pegasus.
Old 2022-10-11, 18:47   Link #5
marvelB

Boy, Teach sure is busy lately, huh? An attempt to steal Hancock's power, kidnapping Coby, jumping Law, potentially sending Aokiji to swipe Pudding.... dude's going all out, isn't he? I hope Oda finally shows the fruits of Teach's hobby at play, too (for those that forgot or were unaware, one of BB's hobbies is researching history).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Dumb question but, since you mentioned the founding members, do you think the updated spoilers for later in the week will include anything on Lafitte?
Who knows? Though I wouldn't be surprised if Lafitte weren't featured yet since it looks like he already had a DF power pre-skip. The rest clearly got their powers quite recently (too bad Burgess' feels kinda redundant though, heh).

Quote:
No, Pierre (Gan Fall's steed) was a bird who ate the horse fruit, which made his hybrid form a pegasus by default. It's just a convenient combo of which animal ate which fruit, is all.

Quote:
It wasn't just the fire fruit.... recall he tried to kill Luffy so he could steal his power. Kinda makes me wonder if he would have been successful in awakening it if he were successful? Would he have truly become.... Jesus?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 18:49   Link #6
rladls2121

Any chance Sentomaru may show up in this arc?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 19:00   Link #7
Gerard07

Given the spoilers, it seems that we will soon have a flashback of Bonney and Kuma, and about Blackbeard vs. Law, the latter does not have much chance unless it comes out that Law and his crew took weapons from Kairoseki or something from Wano and focuses on escape, well to wait for the next chapter.

Reading above, did Wano leave some with such a bad impression?,I mean, I also wish a few things were different (like Law and Kid's crews having more involvement or a power boost, that Apoo had shared the same fate as Hawkins or Luffy's fruit not being legendary), but overall I still think it was a good saga, am I the only one like this?.

Last edited by Gerard07; 2022-10-11 at 19:11.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 19:02   Link #8
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I feel as though Burgess and Wolf got the short, redundant side of the DF ability stick out of Teach's crew so far. A Giant that can change his size to become....less or more of a giant, and a strong guy who can use...super strength...that only leaves Shot and Pizarro left. I'm fully expecting them to get like a Logia and a Zoan based on their character traits, the former having like a booze Logia and the latter having a mythical cat zoan fruit. I'm still worried about Kuzan though, like yeah Pudding got kidnapped and it's bad, but I hope we get to know why someone like him is with Teach in the first place soon.
Old 2022-10-12, 05:39   Link #9
Rainbowman

While there was nothing on Nami’s status which has me worried, all those Devil Fruits that Blackbeard’s crew have were quite the highlight of this chapter.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 06:11   Link #10
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
While there was nothing on Nami’s status which has me worried, all those Devil Fruits that Blackbeard’s crew have were quite the highlight of this chapter.
Bonney told Luffy not to engage Kuma, but the problem is can she locate the actual Bartholomew Kuma? If she knows the location of the actual Bartholomew Kuma, she may remain have feelings for other Kumas. The question is, is she ready to defeat all of the Imposters?

You mean Zoro and the others? They'll be fine, for sure.

Aokiji may have an ulterior motive, and I don't think Akainu would take rash action against Aokiji.

Augur seems to be one of the penultimate challenges for Usopp since his bullets can warp anywhere, and Usopp has to withstand it. Doc Q would be Chopper's opponent, for sure.

As for Law, he probably has a plan if the crew can get away. The problem is how he would execute it.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 06:46   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Gan Fall's horse, Pierre, ate the base model Horse Horse fruit. He's originally a bird so changing halfway into a horse turned him into a pegasus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
No, Pierre (Gan Fall's steed) was a bird who ate the horse fruit, which made his hybrid form a pegasus by default. It's just a convenient combo of which animal ate which fruit, is all.
Ah, thanks. I was worried they had killed the poor horse.
Old 2022-10-12, 07:54   Link #12
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Bonney told Luffy not to engage Kuma, but the problem is can she locate the actual Bartholomew Kuma? If she knows the location of the actual Bartholomew Kuma, she may remain have feelings for other Kumas. The question is, is she ready to defeat all of the Imposters?
If only she knew that the actual Bartholomew Kuma was reunited with Monkey D. Dragon and were discussing what Kuma had experienced. 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 12:29   Link #13
Gerard07

Looking at the spoilers again I can't help but wonder how Law will get out of this, after all he has more brains than Luffy and Kid, he should know he can win against Blackbeard currently (at least not alone, and I personally think his team needs power ups ), unless he comes up with an ace up his sleeve like taking some special weapons from Wano or Kairoseki, which are particularly effective against fruit users.
Personally, I like the character and I wouldn't want him to get out of the way right now, but hey that's my opinion.
Old 2022-10-12, 21:16   Link #14
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Looking at the spoilers again I can't help but wonder how Law will get out of this, after all he has more brains than Luffy and Kid, he should know he can win against Blackbeard currently (at least not alone, and I personally think his team needs power ups ), unless he comes up with an ace up his sleeve like taking some special weapons from Wano or Kairoseki, which are particularly effective against fruit users.
Personally, I like the character and I wouldn't want him to get out of the way right now, but hey that's my opinion.
I always thought despite Law's brilliance, his crew is WEAK af. for him to be in the new world with such a weak crew seems like a bad idea, he'd get jumped eventually. he quite frankly is an easy target other than his ship being a submarine and he can go around unnoticed.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-13, 04:02   Link #15
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Slow down the roller coaster, Oda! Geez. It feels strange seeing Blackbeard be so active after over a decade.
Old 2022-10-14, 08:31   Link #16
grecefar

lol genderbend law was cute xD
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-14, 13:19   Link #17
Gerard07

Seen the chapter;
-Pudding was kidnapped, it is certainly possible that it was Aokiji (who seems to have joined Kurohige) and if not him, who else could it be?.
-We also saw an image of Bonney and Kuma (apparently when he was still human).
- And regarding Law vs Kurohige, well I think I already said a lot about that, the only hope I see for Law is that he has taken something from Wano that helps him reverse the flow of the fight or that a 3rd force arrives and join the battle (the Marines or the Big Mon pirates looking for revenge or something like that) and force a retreat, otherwise I don't think Law will have a good future.
Let's wait for the next chapter.
Old 2022-10-14, 19:03   Link #18
Theia_Loki

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Lafitte's DF is one of the Siren, since that's the only one I can think of outside of an angelic one capable of giving him hypnosis powers. Especially considering he's a dude that... looks like a dude wearing makeup that makes him look like a lady.
Here's hoping that Riki Riki no Mi isn't Urouge's DF, but so much for thinking that Burgess would have snagged either Katakuri's or Oven's DF abilities. Can you imagine how deadly the Blackbeard's Helmsman and 1st Ship Captain would have been if he had either of those fruits in his repertoire?

And back on the Kuma Copper...
The only way for them to confirm for sure if that's really Kuma and not a Pacifista is if it does the Paw-Paw shockwave thing, but it doesn't look like the part about Kuma being rescued from Marie Jose was talked about by the crew before they arrived near Egghead. But wouldn't that depend on if Kuma had his Nikyu Nikyu no Mi powers back when he was still a king?
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-15, 06:21   Link #19
necrolyte

Another great chapter from Oda, the man is in a row. I also agree that Law doesn't stand a chance against BB's crew but I was just wondering, how the heck is BB moving so fast. As far as I remember the Hancock island is not anywhere near end of Grand line, it should've taken him weeks to get to this point. My guess is old school pirates know a lot about traveling through Grand line and that's how he got here so fast but who knows what will be Oda's explanation, if any is given.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-15, 06:41   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
Another great chapter from Oda, the man is in a row. I also agree that Law doesn't stand a chance against BB's crew but I was just wondering, how the heck is BB moving so fast. As far as I remember the Hancock island is not anywhere near end of Grand line, it should've taken him weeks to get to this point. My guess is old school pirates know a lot about traveling through Grand line and that's how he got here so fast but who knows what will be Oda's explanation, if any is given.
The Amazon Lily incident happened weeks ago. He had more than enough time to make it back here.

The abolition of the Warlord system happened near the beginning of Wano, and the crew stayed there for about a month.