Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-15, 23:55   Link #1301
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
We're having mechs being overpowered by far superior mechs instead of equal mechs barely pulling through thanks to strategy, that's what I meant by stronger mechs.
This show has barely ever had any fair mech fights except where grunts are concerned. As soon as the Lancelot came out it became "strongest mech" territory.
Old 2008-08-15, 23:59   Link #1302
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Yeah, the Lancelot's appearance in Stage 2, all of a sudden it was trouncing everything. Same thing with Guren in Stages 10 and 11, except when the Lancelot came about and it was an equal match, which Kallen lost due to terrain disadvantages. I think it's funny how every major custom mech trounces everything else, it's just it wasn't as bad last season since there were only 3 major customs then (Lancelot, Guren, Gawain). R2 has several custom machines.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 23:59   Link #1303
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Percival - Beam Drill
Galahad - Beam Sword
Shenhu - Beam... thingy
Gino - Beam... thingy again that he used on Shinkirou when does two parts of his... Knightmare came together.

We're having mechs being overpowered by far superior mechs instead of equal mechs barely pulling through thanks to strategy, that's what I meant by stronger mechs.

Though the Gala and Shen-hu fight was indeed epic. I still love these battles, but I kind of miss the equality that was a bit more present in the first season. I'm not saying you have to miss that too, just putting my opinion out there.
Well, just wait until (and if) Kallen & Suzaku gets the chance to face each other again in their new knightmares - it'll be two glowing balls bounching all over the sky, throwing beams and whatnot at each other...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 23:59   Link #1304
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
This show has barely ever had any fair mech fights except where grunts are concerned. As soon as the Lancelot came out it became "strongest mech" territory.
Well, there was that time Lancelot was taken down by the Swords. That's the kind of strategy I miss.

Still, the Shen-hu vs. Galahad had two strategists fighting, so I guess strategies still exist. I still love the mech fights in R2.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 00:03   Link #1305
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Well, there was that time Lancelot was taken down by the Swords. That's the kind of strategy I miss.

Still, the Shen-hu vs. Galahad had two strategists fighting, so I guess strategies still exist. I still love the mech fights in R2.
And what happened with the Swords?

Lloyd: "Quick Suzaku, use this new weapon you've never used before."
Swords: "ZOMFG, he got us."

The only difference between season 1 and season 2 is Suzaku's hax mech wasn't matched by anything. Even the Guren fell short thanks to all the weapons loaded on it. Now it's fair and Suzaku's plot armor has still kept him from getting his ass kicked by anything by a ridiculously stronger mech.
Old 2008-08-16, 00:08   Link #1306
Micante

Quote:

The only difference between season 1 and season 2 is Suzaku's hax mech wasn't matched by anything. Even the Guren fell short thanks to all the weapons loaded on it. Now it's fair and Suzaku's plot armor has still kept him from getting his ass kicked by anything by a ridiculously stronger mech.
Suzaku was cornered later but they couldn't finish him since Lelouch just discovered Suzaku was Lancelot's pilot and retreated.
Old 2008-08-16, 02:39   Link #1307
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
he would have got killed in ep 17 if lulu didnt deceide to retreat
toudo and the four holy swords could have beaten him
and thats without the guren actually taking part in the fight
lulu actually saved him
Old 2008-08-16, 04:32   Link #1308
Sander RX

Quote:
he would have got killed in ep 17 if lulu didnt deceide to retreat
toudo and the four holy swords could have beaten him
and thats without the guren actually taking part in the fight
lulu actually saved him
Depends on whether or not he could hold until the reinforcments came,Im sure he would hold if not Lelouchs pattern analysis.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 06:38   Link #1309
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

I'm pretty sure the reference was to when they were still following the plan rather than winging it on their own. They got owned after that, but the Lancelot was matched by a good strategy. As in Lelouch's rather than the spinning doom attack the Swords came up with.
Quote:
The Lancelot was hardly the only unmatched hax out there. On the ground the Lancelot and Guren were matched up fine. Its not the Guren's fault that Kallen wasn't watching where she was standing in the first match between them. The earlier Guren was capable that just at a slower pace since she had to grab, blast, and move on.

Sorry that you've wanted Suzaku to get his ass kicked and it hasn't gone according to your wishes. But let's not pick on the Lancelot that hasn't had the best week.
Old 2008-08-16, 14:20   Link #1310
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm pretty sure the reference was to when they were still following the plan rather than winging it on their own. They got owned after that, but the Lancelot was matched by a good strategy. As in Lelouch's rather than the spinning doom attack the Swords came up with.
Fair enough, but they had numbers on their side too. One on one likely wouldn't go as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The Lancelot was hardly the only unmatched hax out there. On the ground the Lancelot and Guren were matched up fine. Its not the Guren's fault that Kallen wasn't watching where she was standing in the first match between them. The earlier Guren was capable that just at a slower pace since she had to grab, blast, and move on.

Sorry that you've wanted Suzaku to get his ass kicked and it hasn't gone according to your wishes. But let's not pick on the Lancelot that hasn't had the best week.
Sigh, fine, but I still hold my view that the Lancelot had too many advantages then and up until 18 now.
Old 2008-08-16, 15:10   Link #1311
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Fair enough, but they had numbers on their side too. One on one likely wouldn't go as well.

Sigh, fine, but I still hold my view that the Lancelot had too many advantages then and up until 18 now.
In comparison the lancelot hasn't seen much action compared to S1 prior to 18. Nor has it actually dominated any battle either (With exception to maybe the pacific attack but then again he was entering a fight that was already winding down)

That's of course excluding the EEU battles but battles with grunts always end in cannon fodder anyways.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:21   Link #1312
lousylaus

Let's not forget also that the Lancelot in R2 is still the same one from S1. Sure it got some weapons upgrade but the actual frame itself didn't get upgraded since the start of the show.

Albion will only be Lancelot's 2nd version, while I'm pretty sure SEITEN is the Gurren's 3rd one.
lousylaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 17:23   Link #1313
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousylaus View Post
Let's not forget also that the Lancelot in R2 is still the same one from S1. Sure it got some weapons upgrade but the actual frame itself didn't get upgraded since the start of the show.

Albion will only be Lancelot's 2nd version, while I'm pretty sure SEITEN is the Gurren's 3rd one.
Nah, it will be Gurren's fourth one. Remember, in Gurren's debut, it was called Nishiki/ MKII. Which means it had to be upgraded from another Gurren. You don't just call the first mech MKII because it sounds cool.
Old 2008-08-16, 17:24   Link #1314
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousylaus View Post

The Seiten is also only the second one. The only difference between the Guren and the flying Guren is the flight pack, slight head modification, and the much better arm. The Lancelot Conquista has a new chest, shield equipped legs, a Hadron Blaster, and that cone thing.
Old 2008-08-16, 17:26   Link #1315
lousylaus

based on the official site:

Gurren (3 ver): http://geass.jp/world_04.html?pid=mecha_01c.html
Lancelot (2 ver): http://geass.jp/world_04.html?pid=mecha_03b.html
Old 2008-08-16, 17:38   Link #1317
Micante

Awesome, it looks like they're completely matched.

V1: Ground combat model
V2: Aerial model
V3: Powerhouse model
Old 2008-08-16, 18:11   Link #1318
lousylaus

umm wonder why they didn't put the 1st Lancelot on the page I posted.

I went and checked a pic of S1 and didn't noticed much difference with the one from the page I posted(not Albion, the other one of course), so that's why I thought it was the same as S1. My mistake.
Old 2008-08-17, 12:30   Link #1319
Grandmaster Moron

I was wondering, what's the point of introducing a new Tristan when it's nog on equal grounds as Lancelot Albion and Guren Seiten. It doesn't have Cecil's Energy Wing, so it probably wouldn't match either of those speed. Which is a pretty decisive factor if we look at the speed difference between the first flying Guren and the new Guren
Grandmaster Moron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 14:46   Link #1320
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Because of all Lancelot vs Guren...
Not only Lancelot can take down Guren.
First, team work:
KOR team up vs Guren.
Of course, speed is important, but it will not help you much to kill high-level opponent if your knightmare is close-range oriented.
Second, Orange:
Why everyone forgets about Orange? I mean, he's CYBORG. If there is someone who can beat anyone, it's him.
Third, kill Kallen when she isn't in Guren.

And about first variant.
KOR can lure her in one line between KOR and Ikaruga/another important UFN/OoTBK ship. Kallen will have to take hits from KOR, or her allies will die.
1. They fire at Kallen.
2. Kallen takes hits.
3. Kallen loses energy.
4. ****
5. Profit!
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha