AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-04-22, 01:49   Link #61
gundam na jutso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie-chan
[Sunrise Studios announced yesterday that the Inuyasha TV series will conclude in September and be replaced in October by Mobile Suit Gundam Seed 2. The first report on Gundam Seed 2 will appear in an unspecified Japanese anime magazine next month.]

Gundam Seed 2???
ARE YUO SAYING WHAT I HOPE YOUR SAYINE THERE GOING TO BE ANOTHER GUNDAM SEDD SEASON. I THINK ITS ALMOST ORGASMIC.
gundam na jutso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 01:14   Link #62
Soseki

Send a message via AIM to Soseki
eh...Inu Yasha is almost over...
Everyone is seeking the final shard, and they have reached the gates to cross worlds in the anime.
Soseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 02:37   Link #63
avmoghe

grr... after seeing episode 2... I really really want to kill some people.

I do not even WANT to imagine how much they are going to f**k up Lacus Clyne singing.......

the edits are ridiculous..... why in the heavens name are they showing a show about war on toonami.. and then cutting out the dead bodies...wtf??!?!? and the gunshots???!?!?!?!?

are these people stoned?!

they should keep their filthy hands off violent anime..

let them show stuff like dbz if they really are that desparate to show anime.
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 05:17   Link #64
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Admittidly that sound they're using for gunshots is a little silly, sounds like it's going puuchu or something, reminds me of those little cute aliens on excel saga...kinda hard to feel menacing when your gun makes such cute noises...

As for the edits to content, it's annoying but it's not that bad yet. We're not seeing the dead bodies but it's still implied that they've died, or they're off in the corner listening to the aforementioned cute gun noises... When they start cutting out more important deaths it could get really bad. Let's wait till we hear Lacus' voice before we start worrying about her songs.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 22:33   Link #65
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Guess its a good thing I can't get Cartoon Network, I loved the subbed version, the dubbed one would have just ruined it for me. Not all english dubbs work out well.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 22:36   Link #66
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Admittidly that sound they're using for gunshots is a little silly, sounds like it's going puuchu or something, reminds me of those little cute aliens on excel saga...kinda hard to feel menacing when your gun makes such cute noises...

As for the edits to content, it's annoying but it's not that bad yet. We're not seeing the dead bodies but it's still implied that they've died, or they're off in the corner listening to the aforementioned cute gun noises... When they start cutting out more important deaths it could get really bad. Let's wait till we hear Lacus' voice before we start worrying about her songs.
Puchuu Puchuu!! *Smashes little alien*

Little Alien: That breaks a bone! URGH!

X'D Excel Saga Is great, Glad I own the DVD set. Love watching that stuff.

But yah, Gundam SEED is f--ked, I mean, We're talking 3cent hooker with a biological warfare factory brewing in her *blip* screwed.

And god don't make me even think about what they'll do to Lacus. I wub her.

Gundam Seed Dubbers, :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers:
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 03:19   Link #67
abubo

Unhappy

I don't mind the voice actors that much, what bothered me was that they killed the OP. Was having Japanese music on TV that much of a bother? That was my only wish, keeping the OP and the ED. I guess they don't think American kiddies would care for TRM and Tamaki Nami. Sigh.

What's going to happen when "Akatsuki no Kuruma" comes on during that great "Escape from Earth" episode? Kill the music? Replace with some English crap? Double Sigh.
abubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 04:52   Link #68
Fronzel
Schmuck

They cut the OP and ED for time, not to slap the Japanese in the face (near editless Adult Swim does the same thing, you'll note). I'd bet that this musical number to which you refer will remain.

And unless I recall incorrectly, weren’t there some Japanese vocals during episode 2 which aired just last Saturday?
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 08:51   Link #69
Suikun

You can accuse Cartoon Network of a lot of things (and I mean a lot) but you simply can't accuse them of not allowing Japanese music on US television when in actuality they, along with Tech TV, are the only networks that allow Japanese music on TV in the US. In Gundam Seed, so far, they've kept the Japanese insert songs fully intact.

And the ending song is done wierdly, but they do leave it in Japanese - in the Japanese version, you start to hear the beginning of the ending song that leads into the ending credits during the last bits of the episode. Cartoon Network always likes to have the episode preview before the ending credits - not after, like they do it in Japan. So, the episode fades out just as you start to hear the ending song in Japanese, then they play the episode preview, then they go back to the ending credits with the song in it's original Japanese language.

Additionally, they've played the Japanese opening for G Gundam, Inuyasha, Gundam 0083, and a few others. Plus, when they aired Rurouni Kenshin, they specifically requested the Japanese version of Heart of the Swords to use during the ending credits, when they could have easily used the English version instead (or just used their own crappy music).

So, I really don't think Cartoon Network has a problem with Japanese music. Not only that, but realize that the first Gundam Seed opening did contain bits of nudity (yeah, it's minor - but still), and even on Adult Swim, that stuff doesn't fly too well. I think that's the main reason they cut the opening, but also anytime the show runs over 23 minutes (yes, 23 - CN has fewer commercials than most networks do) then they cut the opening and make their own due to time constraints. There are some instances where they cut the opening even if it fits under the time limit just fine (Trigun; Outlaw Star) and other times where they've left the original opening even though it went over the time limit (some eps of Bebop run for 24 min 30 sec and they still keep the opening in-tact... although recently they started shortening Real Folk Blues, so I guess that makes up for it).

I'm not trying to defend Cartoon Network, that's for sure - WAY too often do they acquire series outside the scope of their target demographic; like Rurouni Kenshin - they bought it, dumbed it down for 6-11 year olds, and then wondered why only the 12-17 and 18-34 demographics were watching. Obviously, they're doing the same thing with Gundam Seed. The thing that baffles me is - I thought the entire point of putting Toonami on Saturdays and putting Gundam Seed on at 10:30pm - the latest possible time slot without going into Adult Swim - was to be able to get away with fewer edits and target an older audience (their press release back in February said this when they revealed when Gundam Seed would air) but clearly that's not the case. The only reason I can think of as to why Seed is as badly edited as it is is that either Bandai or CN - whoever edited the show for TV - they must not have originally edited the tapes with this "older audience" in mind, and it was too late to go back and re-do it when they announced when it would be airing.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 09:20   Link #70
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikun
And the ending song is done wierdly, but they do leave it in Japanese - in the Japanese version, you start to hear the beginning of the ending song that leads into the ending credits during the last bits of the episode. Cartoon Network always likes to have the episode preview before the ending credits - not after, like they do it in Japan. So, the episode fades out just as you start to hear the ending song in Japanese, then they play the episode preview, then they go back to the ending credits with the song in it's original Japanese language.
Never understood why they'd even want to do that, if you make somebody wait longer to see the next ep preview it'll give you a better chance of holding onto the audience before the post show commercials.
Quote:
Additionally, they've played the Japanese opening for G Gundam, Inuyasha, Gundam 0083, and a few others. Plus, when they aired Rurouni Kenshin, they specifically requested the Japanese version of Heart of the Swords to use during the ending credits, when they could have easily used the English version instead (or just used their own crappy music).
That alone should quiet anybody that thinks they hate japanese music, same artist as did Invoke for Seed, T.M. Revolution, also they'll probably keep their other song Meteor in ep 26, 29, and 35. Believe it was played in all three of those eps.
Quote:
So, I really don't think Cartoon Network has a problem with Japanese music. Not only that, but realize that the first Gundam Seed opening did contain bits of nudity (yeah, it's minor - but still), and even on Adult Swim, that stuff doesn't fly too well.
Think it was more for the bouncy boobies than anything...course they're gonna have to cut out a lot of shots of the bridge when archangel takes a hit if they wanna cut all of that. With that whole stupid Janet Jackson thing you had to at least expect an edit of the OP. Not saying it was warranted or anything, just had to expect it given the culture. I mean honestly who gets that upset over a nipple (a 40 some odd year old woman at that)...who hasn';t seen a nipple?
Old 2004-04-26, 09:23   Link #71
Silver_Scorcher

It's safe to assume that CN did all the editing. From what I'm hearing in this thread, CN is doing the kind of editing that YTV (Canadian version of CN, with no Adult Swim etc etc) would do if they had Gundam SEED. Adult Swim or not, nudity is a no no on North American television (hence dropping the opening), and with all the editing going on here, it's safe to assume that CN will do some heavy editing on Murrue's constantly bouncing breasts and the bedroom scene between Kira and Fllay. Not that anything was shown originally, but chances are, they'll do something. Well I don't really care either way. I don't get CN and I'm patiently waiting for the SEED DVD's (And impatiently waiting for Zeta to come out ) to come out in September, where there will be no edits to speak of at all.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 10:52   Link #72
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Its not even nudity, Its just an outline more or less. Very little detail.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:08   Link #73
Suikun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Its not even nudity, Its just an outline more or less. Very little detail.
Well, yeah, and I'm not saying the removal of the opening for this reason is really warranted - I don't see why America has to have such a huge hang-up about nudity. But at the same time, think of all the parents of 9-14 year olds that you know - now, how would they react if they're kids saw thse bouncing, zero-gravity boobs on a cartoon - even if it's just an outline? Well, that's the reaction Cartoon Network has to keep in mind. I don't agree with it, but if CN doesn't even show nudity on Adult Swim (they didn't even keep the robo-nudity in Animatrix two weekends ago on Adult Swim) then you can't expect them to in a show airing during a pre-Adult Swim block.

It's not really CN's fault so much as it is just the fault that this country has soo many problems with nudity that they have to edit it out or they'd likely get into some trouble. All it takes is one threatening soccer mom calling in (who can't explain why their 7 year old son was up watching TV at 10:30) and CN gets into trouble.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 13:15   Link #74
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Well, yeah, and I'm not saying the removal of the opening for this reason is really warranted - I don't see why America has to have such a huge hang-up about nudity. But at the same time, think of all the parents of 9-14 year olds that you know - now, how would they react if they're kids saw thse bouncing, zero-gravity boobs on a cartoon - even if it's just an outline? Well, that's the reaction Cartoon Network has to keep in mind. I don't agree with it, but if CN doesn't even show nudity on Adult Swim (they didn't even keep the robo-nudity in Animatrix two weekends ago on Adult Swim) then you can't expect them to in a show airing during a pre-Adult Swim block.

It's not really CN's fault so much as it is just the fault that this country has soo many problems with nudity that they have to edit it out or they'd likely get into some trouble. All it takes is one threatening soccer mom calling in (who can't explain why their 7 year old son was up watching TV at 10:30) and CN gets into trouble.

It's not so much the nudity, but the violence as well. Sometime down the road Gundam SEED, gets pretty gory too. Where certain characters get impailed and decapitated and soldiers and MS pilots literally explode. That is going to be edited as well in some way. Despite the fact that it is shown late at night, we're forgetting that this is North America, and in Canada and the U.S, sex, nudity blood & gore is a no no on a network that is geared at youth. While that stuff may not bother most of us, it will bother the parents, and the last thing CN wants is to get there asses sued or whatever. If you don't like it, just wait for the DVD's to come out in September. Everything there will be left intact and un-edited.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 22:08   Link #75
nyc_l3oy

Send a message via AIM to nyc_l3oy
Lightbulb Gundam Seed talk!

Do you think gundam seed is good or bad? why?
nyc_l3oy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 22:12   Link #76
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

1. Yes, it's awesome.
2. It's licenced.
3. This should be in the licenced and dvd forum.

^_^
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 23:49   Link #77
Ciroth
Crazi Male Neko!

Send a message via ICQ to Ciroth Send a message via AIM to Ciroth Send a message via MSN to Ciroth
4) Cartoon Network's English Dubbed one is painful to watch ^^... esp the LACUS song dubs during the show >.<...
5) Kick@$$ gundam designs xD... in the later half of the seris that is xD
Ciroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 12:17   Link #78
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciroth
4) Cartoon Network's English Dubbed one is painful to watch ^^... esp the LACUS song dubs during the show >.<...
5) Kick@$$ gundam designs xD... in the later half of the seris that is xD
I take it you haven't seen the other gundam series mecha designs. Most of the later designs are some of Okawara's worst work.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 16:03   Link #79
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
I take it you haven't seen the other gundam series mecha designs. Most of the later designs are some of Okawara's worst work.
Exactly which gundams are you referring to? I loved both Justice and Freedom. The druggie trio had wierd, but interesting, gundams. The only gundam that I never took to was the Providence(?) gundam but we only got to see it for like two full eps.
Old 2004-06-27, 18:05   Link #80
method

Freedom was a cross between Wing Zero and Gundam Double X.
Justice mimiced Gengaozo from Victory.
Calamity went the overkill route with all the guns.
Forbidden, I just hated that energy deflector.
Raider was almost exactly like Airmaster from Gundam X. Did it really need a cannon in its mouth. That is something I would expect to see in G gundam.
method is offline   Reply With Quote