AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you find yourself watching less anime over time under certain circumstances in lif
Yes - Circumstances in life has affected me and I have started to watch much less in result. 23 46.94%
No - It really hasn`t changed how less or more anime I`m watching currently at all. 26 53.06%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-05-10, 06:42   Link #21
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Despite my busy schedule, I'm currently watching even more than before. I just try to watch it all in the little time I have (and I usually have plenty time on Sundays). If I really want to watch something, I'll make time for it, busy life or not.
Old 2011-05-10, 12:17   Link #22
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I will admit that when you decide to watch your anime can hurt you much more easily than overall time expended... I was pretty good about it in college - most of the time. I don't intend to share the one truly stupid exception I did on a public forum.
Come, now, you've got me intrigued . I know I've made some questionable time management choices, though they were pretty much all in high school. Mainly staying up until 4 AM watching Maison Ikkoku or playing Warcraft... I couldn't do that anymore even if I wanted to, though, my attention span for marathoning shows or games is way less than it used to be for whatever reason.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 13:54   Link #23
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
This happens with every kind of hobby ever. It would actually be unnatural for one's recreational time to overtake whatever matters might concern them IRL.

So yeah, I'm watching less frequently and pretty much everything has screeched down, if for nothing else than that pesky thing called getting older.

On a side note, it seems I've watched roughly 50 days worth of anime since I started on 06/07ish...not sure how people cram time for 300 days upwards.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 16:07   Link #24
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

My anime watching has stayed pretty constant since I became interested in it. I watch about 75 episodes a year (approx. three 25-episode animes), but most of those are quick, 25-episode marathons over the course of a week or a weekend. Otherwise, there's way too much going on in my life to allow myself more than a cursory interest in anime.
Old 2011-05-14, 15:19   Link #25
wigglypuff
Banned

yup it changes...
during school days i have less time watching it but it's fine because i have summer to catch up to the anime i missed..
wigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 17:17   Link #26
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

College has affected my viewing time on anime, I don't watch it as much as before. The two reasons are time and bandwidth. Because of bandwidth limit I can't stream or download or anything unless I want my internet to be slow for a week. Additionally I seem to have lost some passion for anime as well, nothing really seem to have strong appeal for me.
Old 2011-05-14, 23:08   Link #27
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

yes. i usually watch alot before. but now, my work and something else more important are always in the way.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 23:44   Link #28
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I've defiantly been watching less anime sadly, i've been to busy with work + school. There isn't any new shows that catch my attention much either but my summer break begins on Monday so hopefully I'll watch more
Old 2011-08-29, 15:03   Link #29
YuriEcchiGirl

Nope, not at all as I always find the time to watch a few episodes of anime every single day without fail, some days much more episodes than others, i.e my days off work each week are a very good example of this
Old 2011-08-29, 15:12   Link #30
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Of course - there are always times when unexpected things pop up. Sometimes I can watch more, sometimes less. *shrugs*
Old 2014-01-20, 12:52   Link #31
Amon81

I selected no, although I watch less its because over the 17 years I've been watching anime I've refined my tastes. So that means I wont wasting my time in the hope something will turn good. Plus as I've got older my tastes have changed a bit. I still look for the more adult focused stuff as I did back when I was 15, but now I'll give more stuff a go.

I used to try everything that came out, thats something I'd never do now.

A big help is also the internet, I can go online and see what catches my eye. I also listen to a few podcasts at work. A few of which are anime based. Thanks to these I can tell if I'll like something or not.
Amon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 12:57   Link #32
relentlessflame

*Administrator

It's not necessarily a problem, but I just want to point out that this thread is a few years old, so replies to previous posts in the thread probably aren't that relevant or meaningful (as people's views may have changed in the meantime).
Old 2014-01-23, 07:37   Link #33
HasuMasu
*Artist

My answer to this has definitely changed.

Circumstances have prevented me from watching much if any in the past year.

It's all technical. I need a new PC.
Old 2014-02-03, 20:16   Link #34
EscapeReality

I have to be completely free of obligation before I can feel good watching. Anime is like the "final pleasure", so before I finish my all my crap I tend to procrastinate and do things that take less of a mental investment, and then I forget what the series is about and waste time and lose track of what I'm doing and lose interest and forget the series.
EscapeReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 20:50   Link #35
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I've stopped watching anime since the summer of 2013, when my home underwent its first major renovation in 18 years.

Everything was unplugged, packed into boxes and shipped into temporary storage for about month, during which time I stayed in a rented apartment room with no more than a five-year-old laptop to stay connected to the Internet.

The renovation ran into major delays, and then my mother fell sick. It wasn't until September that I was properly online again with a broadband connection. By then, I had fallen very far behind on anime discussions. Furthermore, the demands of my job meant I had much less time to keep track of anime news. Actually, that had been more-or-less been the case since early 2012.

It then suddenly dawned on me: I felt more relief then actual regret. For a long time, I felt I was chasing anime not so much for the shows themselves, but more for the sake of keeping up with the chatter about anime. Now that I was out of touch, I felt that I could at last say, "Why bother?"

And so I dropped it all. I'm on indefinite hiatus. I don't know if I'll be back but, for now, I'm pursuing other stuff that I've put on hold for a while.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 11:10   Link #36
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Voted. No - It really hasn`t changed how less or more anime I`m watching currently at all.

I watch as much anime now as I did for the past 5 years. Nothing has changed except the place where I watch them. In 2008-2012, I watch at home till 11 pm. At present, due to a shift in activities I bring a portable dvd player (it accepts USB) to work, and a bunch of 8 gb usb flashdrives. Whenever there are no patients at the clinic, I often relax by watching anime at the desk. Finished Doki Precure, Anohana, Aikatsu, and several other anime this way.

Have to watch everything while at my clinic, because there's no more time to watch at home. At night, time is eaten up chatting at FB with friends, often planning on what anime convention to attend next (time flies fast when you're chatting, it's often 11 pm already when I look at the clock).
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 12:37   Link #37
Eragon
Still Alive

I used to binge through shows in like 1-2 days. Now, I have all but abandoned watching anime. Very few new shows catch my fancies.

Kill la Kill and GitS - Arise are the only shows I'm watching as of right now. I have a backlog of older shows but, somehow I cannot muster the enthusiasm to watch them.
2013 was a good year. Saw 4 new shows, I think. All very good. Hoping something compatible with my tastes comes up soon.
Old 2014-02-08, 01:25   Link #38
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Yeah I watch way less than I did 2 years ago. On the contrary I follow more shows than I did 2 years ago. Result - Too many to watch, too little time to watch anything. Pulling a marathon is good when you have free time and absolutely nothing important to do, but trust me, you'll get tired after a while. Get fresh air, do some chores, some gardening, anything, lol. Just don't glue your face to the screen 24/7, it's not making good use of your life.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 09:43   Link #39
senmetsu

I feel you. *insert meme here*. Because of my work, I have less time updating anime and manga. My life is not the same as before. When I was still a student until I became a NEET for months all I do is to update anime, read manga, stalk seiyuus(haha). And now that I have work my life is not already the same as before. This is reality. No work, no money. And because of my work I can't update anymore and I have lots of anime to watch and manga to read as of today, I tell you and I am really getting stressed because of this. But this is my life. Since I was a child they are my interest. It's already part of my life. I can't do anything about it. Sometimes I am lazy to update because I am tired because of work or I want to do something else. But in the end, I will still update. But now I don't spend lots of time for those.