AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:11   Link #141
Boukenxha

Akane getting a little upset at the thought of Kotarou and Chinatsu underlines that he means something and I reckon their interactions probably made her question the times they spent being too quiet outside of LINE.

I like how the relationship is going somewhere, could have been worse if they continue the way they've been and try dating like that.... probably

Nice job they've done to shake things up a bit and still retain that peaceful and innocent charm.

Some props need to be given to Chinatsu the catalyst and yeah Akane's friends too... if they weren't sharp enough to see through the two...
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:51   Link #142
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boukenxha View Post
Akane getting a little upset at the thought of Kotarou and Chinatsu underlines that he means something and I reckon their interactions probably made her question the times they spent being too quiet outside of LINE.

I like how the relationship is going somewhere, could have been worse if they continue the way they've been and try dating like that.... probably

Nice job they've done to shake things up a bit and still retain that peaceful and innocent charm.
Agreed. And that cliff-hanger sure did shake me up!

Quote:
Some props need to be given to Chinatsu the catalyst and yeah Akane's friends too... if they weren't sharp enough to see through the two...
Although Chinatsu knows that Kotarou is interested in Akane, we don't know if she knows if Akane is interested that way in Kotarou (nor does Akane, actually). Akane's classroom friends have no clue who Akane likes, but presume that it is Hira, and this might cause some issues in the future, especially if Akane continues to keep Kotarou a secret from them and they continue to press her to go out with Hira. If they do find out about Kotarou, they might end up ridiculing her for her interest in him because he's a nobody and, especially, because he is not Hira.
Old Yesterday, 13:59   Link #143
IceHism

It's 2017, No cellphones allowed? Wtf

Aww waiting in the rain for that long. Too cute.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:05   Link #144
Haak
You're dead to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
While I can appreciate how cute this series is and revel in the nostalgic feeling of it... I find it kind of pathetic that Akane is so simple-minded that she couldn't figure out that something happened to either Kotarou or his phone? Especially after we just had an episode where her own phone battery died, preventing her from responding to him. It never occurred to her that he could've been in the same scenario? Or the likelihood of a student getting lost in a place they don't live in? I get that they're young or whatever, but... C'mon.
I would appreciate it if the show moved away from causing conflicts through such manufactured scenarios but overall the episode wasn't bad. The main attraction to me isn't the characters themselves but the way they interact with each other. I do think the show has really nailed the behaviour and manners of these middle school kids in everyday life. Unfortunately I just don't get a whole lot of entertainment value out of something like that, which I guess probably explains my degree of apathy relative to everyone else.

In any case I think I've become interested in the show enough to see it out to the end.
Old Yesterday, 19:58   Link #145
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

There was one other thing that was completely missing from episode 4 that nobody has mentioned: no Dazai quotes. I hope this means that Kotarou has learned not to take everything Dazai said as gospel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
It's 2017, No cellphones allowed? Wtf
Although completely stupid on a field trip, especially an overnight one, for obvious reasons, I suppose it could just be an idiotic extension of a "no cell phones in school" policy (which is reasonable, in my opinion).

Tags
anime original, romance, school life, shoujo, slice of life, studio feel