AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-11-12, 09:54   Link #1
james0246

Fairy Tail - Character Discussion - Lisanna

This thread is dedicated to everything Lisanna. From her interactions with family and friends to her Take Over magic, everything you want to talk about concerning Lisanna can be done here.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Fairy Tail fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 00:44   Link #2
Etheral

So does anyone think there will be more NatsuXLisanna flashbacks?

Oh yea, I discussed this earlier but no definitive, can she do mythical animals? Also knowing the author who writes these things, I wouldn't put it past him to give Lisanna a mythical beast or something.
Old 2011-11-13, 13:55   Link #3
Clarste
Human

Well, given that "beasts" and "animals" are considered different styles of Take Over magic, probably not. What would be the point of Elfman's magic if Lisanna could do the same thing but better? Elfman probably covers magical animals while Lisanna can only do normal animals.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 14:20   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So does anyone think there will be more NatsuXLisanna flashbacks?
Nope, not really...actually I'm not expecting anything out of her, and even if something happens, I'd guess it would have to be in the next arc, assuming she is given a more important role.
Quote:
can she do mythical animals?
Not so far, but I wouldn't put it past her to have a cockatrice take over later.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 04:13   Link #5
sergel02

She reminds me of Beast Boy.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 07:37   Link #6
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for some anime ep 106 spoilers:
Old 2011-11-21, 18:22   Link #7
Etheral

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Spoiler for some anime ep 106 spoilers:
She probably didn't know about her last battle which was something Mirajane could have mentioned earlier.
Old 2011-11-21, 19:56   Link #8
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheral View Post
Oh yea, I discussed this earlier but no definitive, can she do mythical animals?
There is some evidence that the siblings usual form types are more a matter of custom and preference rather than limits. Much how while Grey and Leon use different subsets of Ul's Ice Maker, they are capable of going beyond them.

As examples back during the Miss Fairy Tail competition Mirajane changed her head into Happy's and Gajeel's for example. Earlier she turned into Lucy as a decoy during Phantom's attack

And

Spoiler for One of the few remaining unanimated side stories [Fairy Tail Special 02]:
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 22:30   Link #9
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Spoiler for One of the few remaining unanimated side stories [Fairy Tail Special 02]:
The character designs look too close to the middle of the manga's run to be set before the S-Class tests.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 23:51   Link #10
Etheral

The other thing I'd like to ask is if Lisanna at some point will be picking up different takeovers besides animals. I don't really see why not. Also I'm wondering if she could get a power-up say super giant form or something.

I also mentioned she should be using poisonous creatures more often and she doesn't.
Old 2011-11-25, 01:20   Link #11
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
The character designs look too close to the middle of the manga's run to be set before the S-Class tests.
The S class tests are almost 6 months after Lucy joins Fairy Tail [chapter 201].

Mirajane's Transformation Lesson is 4 months after Lucy joins FT, Lucy's intro tells us that [It was also published with chapter 119 IIRC.].

Therefore Mirajane's Lesson is 1 to 2 months before the S class tests.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:19   Link #12
sergel02

Kind of hoping to see her new powers in this arc at some point. She was training with her siblings and Cana, and both her brother and sister have showed off new spells.

Lol for some reason i keep imagining a giant bird that everyone can fly on
Old 2012-04-15, 18:12   Link #13
Aquaman OS

Well she'll at least be a supporting character in the latest filler arc since she's shown with the group in the opening.

She'll also be fighting the skunk haired lady with her siblings, and Mirajane might not be doing most of the heavy lifting since it looks like she can take control of her.

So maybe she'll get to do something at least.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 19:09   Link #14
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Do you think Lisanna & Natsu will get married I mean she already said she wants to be his wife, I just can't picture natsu in a tux.
Old 2012-04-25, 07:07   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think not...although Rave Master did have a happy ending with everyone married, I'm expecting Fairy Tail to meet a more BoF ending. Some might say that Lisanna was brought back purely as fanservice or that it was a cheap trick left unattended, but at least the anime is making the most of her.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 20:35   Link #16
sergel02

She could be used a bit more tbh. It seemed like such a huge deal when she was discovered to be alive and returned, but we haven't seen her that much since she's come back. I was expecting a bit more interaction with Mira, Elfman and Natsu.

Tho that little bit she had with Laxus on the island was super cute.
Old 2012-04-26, 10:48   Link #17
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
She could be used a bit more tbh. It seemed like such a huge deal when she was discovered to be alive and returned, but we haven't seen her that much since she's come back. I was expecting a bit more interaction with Mira, Elfman and Natsu.

Tho that little bit she had with Laxus on the island was super cute.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you're referring to the manga, because as we've said, the anime does her character a bit more justice than the manga. She's had a couple of cute interactions with each of those characters you find she is lacking in her interactions with.

Spoiler for Anime-only:

That's one of my favorite aspects of the anime. They actually show us some things that Hiro Mashima likely wanted to show in the manga, but couldn't. And even if it wasn't intended...well, they show it anyway.

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2012-04-26 at 11:06.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 16:12   Link #18
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

anyone else think Lisanna has a bit of a bootay?
Old 2012-04-30, 17:53   Link #19
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
Do you think Lisanna & Natsu will get married I mean she already said she wants to be his wife, I just can't picture natsu in a tux.
I doubt it'll be Lisanna and Natsu, because she seems to support Natsu and Lucy getting together
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:08   Link #20
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I doubt it'll be Lisanna and Natsu, because she seems to support Natsu and Lucy getting together
I feel like it's Lucy likes Natsu, Natsu likes Lisanna (but maybe doesn't know it), Lisanna support NaLu and Happy ships himself with fish first them Carla.

Tags
character discussion