AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-11, 04:18   Link #101
Team Rocket Elite

We don't really have too many details on what the Void Genome really is. I believe the Void Genome allows a level of control over the Apocalypse virus. It materializes a person's heart which is what we've seen from Shu pulling out Void that represent what is inside a person. This may only work on people who were born from someone infected by the Apocalypse virus which is where the 17 year limitation comes from.
Old 2012-03-11, 05:43   Link #102
Sixth
Hu Tao

Only 100 posts for this week episode? I guess this chapter somewhat uneventful although there were so many content inside this episode.
Old 2012-03-11, 06:11   Link #103
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

We still aren't told much about Daath,Yuu and Inori.
Old 2012-03-11, 11:38   Link #104
syke123

Not a lot about the void genome is revealed except for the fact that it was created to counter the apocalyptic virus, and is man made. Not a lot about Daath is said either, following the interpretation they're following. But Yuu's genome is certainly the real deal since it's the only one that isn't human made.
Old 2012-03-11, 11:53   Link #105
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Are you sure? Shu consumed two of the Void Genomes,one is with Gai now. There are three made (as we are told by now). Who has it if not Yuu?
Old 2012-03-11, 11:54   Link #106
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

We were never told where Yuu's power came from. But, since they said there are three Void Genomes and we have seen three users, I think it's safe to say he had the first or second one produced.
Old 2012-03-11, 14:29   Link #107
syke123

Yeah, but three genomes were produced, 2 were used and one was kept hidden. If the two were used on Shu then how does Yuu have a genome?

The daath are probably behind the meteorite, and the apocalypse. So if the boy is from this organization that started the apocalypse, then doesn't that mean that they have access to far more advanced technology, and can probably replicate the genome and what Shu's father did tenfold? I mean it was a meteorite so we can safely assume that they're aliens at the least, can't we? Although I'd be highly disappointed if they actually are.

Something may be wrong with my analogy and I thing that I heard somewhere in the show that there might have been 4 genomes, and that basically destroys my theory. But at the end of 19 Segai said that there were 3.

I deleted my comment forgetting that she kept the last genome hidden, and thought I was going insane, .....
Old 2012-03-11, 14:42   Link #108
justsomeguy

I'm surprised. A very good episode, with backstory and explanations, and none of the ridiculousness, time-wasting filler, nor beating on Shuu. We really should have gotten something like this about 3 episodes ago, to save time to wrap things up.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-03-11, 14:47   Link #109
yuzen003

^ just a logical guess

Before the 1st episode
1-Used by Yuu
2-Stolen by Inori but unused at this point
3-Hidden and unused

Early Part of series
1-Still Yuu
2-Used by Shu
3-Hidden and unused

As of Episode 20
1-Still Yuu
2-Gai obtained by cutting off Shu's arm
3-Shu used the 3rd genome gains the power a second time

Fits the facts presented that there were 3 Void Genomes created, Shu has used 2 of them and Gai took Shu's original Void Genome.
Old 2012-03-11, 15:22   Link #110
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
Yeah, but three genomes were produced, 2 were used and one was kept hidden. If the two were used on Shu then how does Yuu have a genome?
I believe the 3rd one was hidden which Haruka had.
1st was probably used on Yuu and then 2nd on Shu which Gai now has so this 3rd one now being used by Shu.

You could actually count Shu as being extremely lucky and unlucky and I mean extremely.
Despite everything he's been through he's survived and gotten a 2nd chance with a power that is pretty much god like.
If plot/story wasn't working with him so well, I'd hazard a guess and say he would be 6 feet under long time ago.

I actually rewatched this ep again and gotta say Shu's kindness really has not limits, I know for sure that I'd be resentful and angry, I can see sense in working with them cause I'd need their help but doesn't mean I'd actually forgive them.
And I'm a pretty forgiving guy but even this goes over my head.
Tis a real pity there wasn't a little more drama/melodrama involved here but meh, onwards to Shu and Crazy Mana kicking ass!
Old 2012-03-11, 18:43   Link #111
syke123

Yeah, but either this will turn into another twist, or a plot hole.

It certainly seems that Yuu has a genome, although it seems that having one is also the only way to completely cure off the virus. Since Yuu came from whatever caused the meteorite, then he should be immune to its effects, and not need one. More like he came into this world with a genome. I wouldn't be surprised if Keido has been hiding a genome, seeing as how he tried to propose to Mana a while back. Also without one, you'll die from the virus no matter how many injections you get.
Old 2012-03-11, 19:46   Link #112
Tsukou

I just thought of something. If Kurosu wasn't part of the organization, but Keido was, why did Keido need to use Kurosu's access key to get to the rock? Hell to begin with, shouldn't Keido all ready have access to it, I don't understand how Kurosu had an access card to it, and why Keido needed to use his, and not just his own?

Just seemed like one part I don't understand.
Old 2012-03-11, 20:42   Link #113
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I believe the 3rd one was hidden which Haruka had.
1st was probably used on Yuu and then 2nd on Shu which Gai now has so this 3rd one now being used by Shu.

You could actually count Shu as being extremely lucky and unlucky and I mean extremely.
Despite everything he's been through he's survived and gotten a 2nd chance with a power that is pretty much god like.
If plot/story wasn't working with him so well, I'd hazard a guess and say he would be 6 feet under long time ago.

I actually rewatched this ep again and gotta say Shu's kindness really has not limits, I know for sure that I'd be resentful and angry, I can see sense in working with them cause I'd need their help but doesn't mean I'd actually forgive them.
And I'm a pretty forgiving guy but even this goes over my head.
Tis a real pity there wasn't a little more drama/melodrama involved here but meh, onwards to Shu and Crazy Mana kicking ass!
But the Void Genome count is not accounting for Scrooge and possibly Present from the VN. It's weird that those 2 haven't been talked about at all in fact.
Old 2012-03-11, 21:38   Link #114
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
I just thought of something. If Kurosu wasn't part of the organization, but Keido was, why did Keido need to use Kurosu's access key to get to the rock? Hell to begin with, shouldn't Keido all ready have access to it, I don't understand how Kurosu had an access card to it, and why Keido needed to use his, and not just his own?

Just seemed like one part I don't understand.
Because they wouldn't be able to link anything back to him. He went in there covered up, and when the guard recognized him and let his guard down, he killed him. I think it's weird that his card still works, normally it should've been nullified right after he died.
Old 2012-03-11, 21:44   Link #115
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But the Void Genome count is not accounting for Scrooge and possibly Present from the VN. It's weird that those 2 haven't been talked about at all in fact.
Eh Visual Novel is it?

Well even if the VN is canon I can only go by the anime and all I can go with atm is my guess above.
And if this Scrooge is one that got one of the VG then I'd hazard a guess and say Yuu didn't get one of the 3 VG and he's simply a alien or whatever.
Or there was actually more than 3 vials of the stuff.
Too many questions without answers atm.
Until the anime hints or says otherwise it's best not to think too much about it anyway.

This anime is like brain rot but you won't really care
Old 2012-03-11, 21:59   Link #116
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

If the VN has a Hare and Ayase route, it will sell like gold.

On topic, I don't think we will get more explanation on the number of Void Genome's since there is enough to speculate on.
Old 2012-03-12, 04:18   Link #117
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Shu has no intention of doing his sister and ending mankind. That's disgusting and he knows it.

He's going to have to kill his incestuous alien brood queen of a sister who is trying to take over the body of a chick that sort of looks like her and may or may not be infused with her cloned cells.

Of course, the person who finds the meteorite first and gets infected by the alien virus becomes the personification of doom. From innocent little girl to xenomorph queen.

She's basically going to become Kerrigan, Queen of the Crystalline Zerg.

<-- You already saw shades of this in Inori.

Maybe Shu will be able to separate the alien part from Mana and restore his sister and Inori in separate bodies.
Old 2012-03-12, 04:25   Link #118
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
shu has no intention of doing his sister and ending mankind. That's disgusting and he knows it.

He's going to have to kill his incestuous alien brood queen of a sister who is trying to take over the body of a chick that sort of looks like her and may or may not be infused with her cloned cells.

Of course, the person who finds the meteorite first and gets infected by the alien virus becomes the personification of doom. From innocent little girl to xenomorph queen.

She's basically going to become kerrigan, queen of the crystalline zerg.

<-- you already saw shades of this in inori.

Maybe shu will be able to separate the alien part from mana and restore his sister and inori in separate bodies.
SPAWN MOAR overlords VOID GERONOMES!
Old 2012-03-12, 16:37   Link #119
bobphillip

But wait, wasn't the Void Genome a cure to the Apocalypse Virus? Isn't that what Shu's dad invented to combat the virus? So shouldn't Shu be resistant? Or does it not have any affect on Shu's void absorbing Souta's cancer...
Old 2012-03-12, 16:44   Link #120
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think it was weaponized using the research.