Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-04, 23:26   Link #761
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Well not everyone in the Black Knights is a soldier. There are information officers, scouts and spies, and even more mundane positions like the Bridge Bunnies on the Ikaruga.

Just cause one is in the Black Knights doesn't mean they're a SpecOps commando or a Knightmare pilot. ^^;
Old 2009-07-04, 23:46   Link #762
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Ha ha, true that (aah, misnomers)

Hmm, well Kallen's hair does have a kind magenta-ish tint to it.

And yes, we all love that clip

Anyway, here's two more outfits that, while they never appeared canonically on the show, I think look fantastic on her.

Spoiler for more outfits:
Oh yea, that swimsuit is kinda canon, she wore it in the Clovisland PD. there's one more outfit she wore in the show also, it was a yellow dress I think, but I don't have any refs on hand and I can't remember the episode it was in. There's also her sleeping clothes... But we only see them for about 5 seconds.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 00:17   Link #763
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Well not everyone in the Black Knights is a soldier. There are information officers, scouts and spies, and even more mundane positions like the Bridge Bunnies on the Ikaruga.

Just cause one is in the Black Knights doesn't mean they're a SpecOps commando or a Knightmare pilot. ^^;
Well, that's what I'm saying. She could something that didn't involve killing. Now as far as her actually joining the Black Knights, that's another subject for debate. One could argue that Shirley really has no place joining them since it's really not her battle and she has no reason to commit to something like that. Not to mention her fellow Black Knights would probably be pretty wary of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
Oh yea, that swimsuit is kinda canon, she wore it in the Clovisland PD. there's one more outfit she wore in the show also, it was a yellow dress I think, but I don't have any refs on hand and I can't remember the episode it was in. There's also her sleeping clothes... But we only see them for about 5 seconds.
Oh she did? That's cool (I can't keep track of all these outfits ) Oh, and is this the dress you're talking about?

Whether or not it is, she looks damn fine in it. And yes, she does look cute in her PJs too, but as you said she only wore them for 5 seconds and you probably won't find many pics of her in them anyway.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 06:37   Link #764
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

If they can tolerate Diethard I think they'll be okay with any other Britannian. *laughs* He's about as shifty as they come.
Old 2009-07-05, 11:23   Link #765
ginran
~Smile~

Yea, I've noticed Shirley might actually be one of the characters with the most outfit changes. Lol so they are hard to keep track of!

Yep! That's the dress. I can't believe I didn't remember the episodes it was in, she wore it when she kissed Lelouch, then also at the very end of Turn 12. It was actually a pretty big outfit for her. Then there's also the depressing black dress she wore at her father's funeral. Wow, I never noticed how many outfit changes Shirley had!

Old 2009-07-05, 12:24   Link #766
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

The image isn't displaying for me. -.-'
Old 2009-07-05, 13:47   Link #767
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
If they can tolerate Diethard I think they'll be okay with any other Britannian. *laughs* He's about as shifty as they come.
Ha ha, well you may have a point. Still, they probably won't let a Britannian on board without a good reason. But then again, the BKs are pretty easy to convince

Quote:
Yea, I've noticed Shirley might actually be one of the characters with the most outfit changes. Lol so they are hard to keep track of!

Yep! That's the dress. I can't believe I didn't remember the episodes it was in, she wore it when she kissed Lelouch, then also at the very end of Turn 12. It was actually a pretty big outfit for her. Then there's also the depressing black dress she wore at her father's funeral. Wow, I never noticed how many outfit changes Shirley had!
Well, you know girls and their fashion sense (well yeah, you're a girl, right? )

And dang, I can't believe I forgot that that's the dress she was wearing at the end of Stage 12. Maybe I didn't recognize it because of the rain. And yeah, her funeral dress Such a sad time. It's hard to consider the fashion and appeal of it.

Quote:
The image isn't displaying for me. -.-'
Oy. I just don't understand why it works for some people and not for others. Well, how 'bout this?

Old 2009-07-05, 13:51   Link #768
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Oy. I just don't understand why it works for some people and not for others. Well, how 'bout this?
Is it an image from a group? People who aren't in the group can't see such images.
Old 2009-07-05, 14:26   Link #769
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Is it an image from a group? People who aren't in the group can't see such images.
Well, I did upload it from the Shirley group from this site, of which synaesthetic is not a member. I guess that could be why.

That being said, you're more than welcome to join the Shirley and Shirlulu groups synae (as well as anyone else)

Shirley: the Tragic Angel

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=216

Shirlulu Forever

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=157
Old 2009-07-05, 15:48   Link #770
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
It was one of the R1 picture dramas. 8.75
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 18:14   Link #771
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Well, you know girls and their fashion sense (well yeah, you're a girl, right? )

And dang, I can't believe I forgot that that's the dress she was wearing at the end of Stage 12. Maybe I didn't recognize it because of the rain. And yeah, her funeral dress Such a sad time. It's hard to consider the fashion and appeal of it.
Yep, lol, I am a girl and I love fashion~

It was raining both times she wore it then, I just realized that! but, you're right about the funeral outfit. I just mentioned it cuz it was another outfit, not so much to consider it's fashion.

Old 2009-07-05, 18:25   Link #772
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:

It was raining both times she wore it then, I just realized that! but, you're right about the funeral outfit. I just mentioned it cuz it was another outfit, not so much to consider it's fashion.
I'm trying to figure out what styles of fashions would cater to her tastes. -_o
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 21:58   Link #773
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:

Both times? You mean she wore it twice? Dang, I can't believe I couldn't even remember she wore it once, much less twice. But yeah, if you wanna go for completeness you could include her funeral outfit. I can't imagine many people would consider that her favorite outfit though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
I'm trying to figure out what styles of fashions would cater to her tastes. -_o
How do you mean exactly? I don't know jack about fashion If you're talking about a style specifically you can forget it, but on a general observation...hmm, I imagine she would like outfits that aren't too glamorous or dressy. Just something that looks nice and pretty on her. Also, it can't show too much skin and the clothing can't be too tight. She's a good girl after all
Old 2009-07-06, 00:32   Link #774
Sol Falling

My favourite outfit/pic of Shirley would probably be the one from the sound episode cover. It's just so elegant and classy, and the colours really reflect a calm and relaxing atmosphere. I agree that Shirley isn't really someone who'd wear really glamourous or showy stuff, 'cause her character just wasn't about being the center of attention, but I really appreciate the hint of femininity and 'softness' that she can display even in just casual wear, and which that pic emphasizes. That sort of awareness of an understated beauty, without a desire to flaunt it or competitively draw attention to it, is the kind that most appeals to me.

Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 00:42   Link #775
Nobodyman9
Banned

^I agree 110%. Shirley has always been a very modest girl, and I think that makes up a great deal of her charm and beauty. And yes, that outfit is absolutely gorgeous. I wish we could've seen her wear it in the actual show.
Old 2009-07-06, 09:49   Link #776
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

How many pieces of art did the CLAMP dames draw for her? I remember the angel in one of the EDs, and that's about it from me.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-07-06 at 19:12.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 11:10   Link #777
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
How many pieces of art did the CLAMP old dames drew for her? I remember the angel in one of the EDs, and that's about it from me.
Actually only that one. {apart from some mutuality sketches as far as i can recall} CLAMP did not do any of the sound episodes covers.

And yeah, that cover, is pretty cool and her outfit is really nice.

eta: nice cosplay btw, maybe someone should post it on the image thread, gotta run now so.

http://community.livejournal.com/cod...s/1416610.html

Last edited by incorrupts; 2009-07-06 at 11:20.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 13:29   Link #778
ginran
~Smile~

@ Nobody: yep, I think maybe more than twice actually, but the two big times were when she kissed Lelouch and then at the very end of Turn 12.

@ Tr3adst0ne: Hmm... Well, like the others have said, nothing too glamorous. But she's still got a very feminine style, which is pretty and modest. She knows how to dress so that she looks good, but not innappropriate. If you mean what specific types of clothes she would wear regularly, I'd say the anime showed that pretty well. She seems more like a skirt/dress type. But since she also has a sporty side and is down to earth, she probably wears jeans and tee shirts too. Is that what you meant?

@ Sol: I've always loved that pic and that outfit on her. I really wish we couldve seen it animated.

Old 2009-07-06, 14:56   Link #779
Nobodyman9
Banned

@ginran: Ah, you're right, it was at the end of Turn 12 as well (hmm, they were both 12 episodes) Anyway, it's a lovely dress, but I'm still not sure if I like it more than her green dress. And LOL, jeans? I don't know, somehow I have trouble imagining her wearing jeans XD

@sky: Excellent excellent find. I love it! Thanks

Oh, and I suppose I have you to thank for this as well. A fanmix of Shirlulu songs.

http://sandy-rain.livejournal.com/61099.html
Old 2009-07-06, 16:02   Link #780
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
@ginran: Ah, you're right, it was at the end of Turn 12 as well (hmm, they were both 12 episodes) Anyway, it's a lovely dress, but I'm still not sure if I like it more than her green dress. And LOL, jeans? I don't know, somehow I have trouble imagining her wearing jeans XD
Lol I know it's hard to imagine, I thought so too after I posted that. XD but, I think she would wear them on occasion, with a nice pair of shoes(like flats) or flip flops/ sandals and a pretty shirt. I can picture it.