Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-17, 23:00   Link #161
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Well, Japan and Korea doesn't have to be among the majority of voters, but South Korea - 2, Japan - 1, and China - 0 equals a cause for concern.

One of the key points that I'll be addressing in the statement is the language barrier. As this is the first year we are running this event, we will only be running this event under the English language. We hope to expand the website to include Japanese, Korean, and Chinese along with other languages in the near future.
I could inform people about this in Chinese forums, but trust me, you don't want those hackers to be involved.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:10   Link #162
wontaek

I recommend commencing the second nomination round as soon as possible. If second round starts within one week, I believe I can attract at least 20 voters from Korea. You people might be interested in checking on Male division Korean Best Moe Tournament which will resume within a week as well. I will post a news update on the tournament as soon as the monetary situation gets resolved. By the way, it is male division moe tournament, NOT gar tournament.
Old 2008-02-18, 01:05   Link #163
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I recommend commencing the second nomination round as soon as possible. If second round starts within one week, I believe I can attract at least 20 voters from Korea. You people might be interested in checking on Male division Korean Best Moe Tournament which will resume within a week as well. I will post a news update on the tournament as soon as the monetary situation gets resolved. By the way, it is male division moe tournament, NOT gar tournament.
Yeah, I saw that on Anizone myself (despite the 60.202.xx.xxx area still being banned to my dismay) and I didn't understand it at first, but I knew they were somewhat still active.

I have automatically decided that the second round of nominations will start in one week, but that's all I actually have decided. The options that I have come up with for the nominations have been laid out in front of me right now, and they will appear on the test poll that I have scheduled for Monday. As soon as I get a full understanding of the poll script that I switched to (and believe me, this script is much easier), I will get the test poll running.

Also, I am planning to contact TSO (Touhou Saimoe's technical administrator) for some backup once the scripts are ready, since she did say to contact her when I need help.
Old 2008-02-19, 05:20   Link #164
alphastickmania
Stick Figure

lol. Indeed a lot of progress has been going on w/e me. Well, I am back for now during my *Ahem* one day break before the weekends. So if the league needs any help with something soon, do tell me so I can "try" and help. ^^

P.S : Try has "" because I have no idea what sort of funny homework they (My new school) might dump on me.

P.P.S : Anyone got a list for the people working on ISML for any rank? Including mods of the ISML forum and any form of helpers. (aka TL-ers)
Old 2008-02-19, 12:52   Link #165
Kerigis

Oh, and another issue concerning the "news" last post:

February, Monday 17, 2008 doesn't exist. Is it Monday 18 or March, Monday 17?
Old 2008-02-20, 11:30   Link #166
ironfrost

Quote:
Well, Japan and Korea doesn't have to be among the majority of voters, but South Korea - 2, Japan - 1, and China - 0 equals a cause for concern.
This is a problem with the website (probably with your location scripts). There should be at least one set of nominations from China, because I made them. I just traced my IP address and it does show up as Chinese, so that's not the problem.
Old 2008-02-21, 01:28   Link #167
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Exhaustion is starting to become a huge problem for me. The doctor told me to take it easy and just relax (meaning get some sleep) for a while until I feel ready to do some major work. And I'm going to need it, cause now I am so far behind in my college work, and deficiencies are going out next week. Looks like a few dates will be postponed again. I'll make an announcement on the website soon.
Old 2008-02-21, 02:27   Link #168
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Exhaustion is starting to become a huge problem for me. The doctor told me to take it easy and just relax (meaning get some sleep) for a while until I feel ready to do some major work. And I'm going to need it, cause now I am so far behind in my college work, and deficiencies are going out next week. Looks like a few dates will be postponed again. I'll make an announcement on the website soon.
Rest first!

Maybe you can find somebody else who can work on this with you, because personal health and school should always come first ^_^
Old 2008-02-22, 00:36   Link #169
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Alright, here's the deal.

Friday Morning, the forecast is telling me "a 90% chance of snow" tomorrow, so I may or may not be able to get my make up assignments. Therefore, I only have one that I know of, and it's a fairly easy paper, so I am making a few website updates right now, and possibly more this weekend. Here's what is going on:

1. Nominations are officially re-opened. Unfortunately, I am unable to get the world's opinion on how I should do them due to my temporary absence, so I've made decisions of my own.

2. Anybody who nominated in the first round will get a free second vote.

3. Because I've been following the nominations since day 1, and pretty much Kyou has never faltered, even going toe to toe with the Horo rush before just outright dominating the competition, I've decided to just let Kyou in. Mostly in part because as far as I know, there are a lot of people who want to see more than 5 people in this thing. With Kyou now in, this opens up a slot for many of her supporters. (I may regret this, since we may see a Ryou rush now)

4. I've made some postponements again. These dates are likely to keep moving back, so stay tuned.

Anyway, as far as I know, Leap week (week of the 29th) will probably be hectic for me, since I would probably be rushing to get some of my stuff done. I'm wide awake and as good as I was three weeks ago when I was updating regularly, so I'm going to try to revamp this thing and we'll see where we go from there.

And since Clannad is off this week, that frees up more time. If anything, I may start writing news articles once everything is settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
Rest first!

Maybe you can find somebody else who can work on this with you, because personal health and school should always come first ^_^
Believe me, I want to find somebody. I'm looking for somebody. I need help running this thing, and I need it so much. Saimoe competitions shouldn't ever be run by one person alone - that's just overkill, as I've been experiencing.
Old 2008-02-22, 01:09   Link #170
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How long will the second nomination process be open?
Old 2008-02-22, 01:22   Link #171
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
How long will the second nomination process be open?
Because the first nomination period was open for 4 weeks, the second nomination period will be open for 4 weeks. Nominations end on March 20th. There will be updates on Thursdays as far as my schedule allows it, so there might not be an update for the first week, as college work absolutely forbids me from doing it.
Old 2008-02-22, 01:45   Link #172
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Groovy. A nice long period of time.
Old 2008-02-22, 07:42   Link #173
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Another vote? Nice, maybe we can still fix this.

5- Kawazoe Tamaki - Bamboo Blade
4- Seto San - Seto no Hanayome
3- Saber - Fate/Stay Night
2- Nia - TTGL
1- Tsukamoto Yakumo - School Rumble

Never forget
Old 2008-02-22, 11:20   Link #174
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

5 - Kiri Komori - Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
4 - Illyasviel von Einzbern - Fate/Stay Night
3 - Eve - Black Cat
2 - Yakumo Tsukamoto - School Rumble
1 - Horo - Spice and Wolf
Old 2008-02-22, 12:43   Link #175
Whitefish

Old 2008-02-22, 14:00   Link #176
Khaos

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitefish View Post
Fail
Old 2008-02-22, 14:45   Link #177
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Osaka and Chiyo need some love, as do the Minami sisters. I do wonder what has happened to the old school women of anime. Aren't some of them Moe?

I'll ponder this for a while. Will vote a little later.
Old 2008-02-22, 17:20   Link #178
Whitefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Fail
Actually /a/ approved, but they wanted me to put Kaiji.
Old 2008-02-22, 18:11   Link #179
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitefish View Post
Actually /a/ approved, but they wanted me to put Kaiji.
I've watched both Kaiji and Gurren Lagaan, and all I can say is... no.
Old 2008-02-23, 07:34   Link #180
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Okay, free day today because of a snow day, and it looks like my week ahead may be rough, but at least I should get all my work done, or at least what I need to do from my common knowledge.

Right now, I am fine-tuning my international welcome message, which is the speech that I wanted translated so that the non-English speaking voters feel somewhat welcome. Actually, I'm adding a nomination section, which will be hard to explain, but I think I can do it.

How do you vote when you don't understand English? It's easy, assuming you know how to open multiple windows. Simply put, click "Arena", open "Current matches" in a new tab, click "vote", then:

Spoiler:

Then click vote, and you're done.

Anyway, we'll see where the website goes for this period.
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe