AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-26, 22:56   Link #10081
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

South Korea to up defense budget
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...6MN0SQ20101127

A good new for U.S. industry ?
Old 2010-11-27, 01:46   Link #10082
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
South Korea to up defense budget
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...6MN0SQ20101127

A good new for U.S. industry ?
Korea usually have their own indigenous weaponry, like the K1/K2 MBTs, Munmu the Great type destroyers, and their Daewoo assault rifles.

Though they might be invested in sonic detectors initially used for rangefinding artillery and mortars.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-27, 05:18   Link #10083
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Russian parliament says Katyn massacre committed on Stalin's direct order
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1814496/
Old 2010-11-27, 06:00   Link #10084
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Naples rubbish crisis: EU warns Italy of big fines

Seriously, whats taking so long? I don't care if it's the peoples fault, the mafia's fault or the governments fault, they should fix the problem now.
Old 2010-11-27, 07:42   Link #10085
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
But I am to curious about the the military condition of Korea. I was finally going back to Korea after 10years and this shit happen. So I am bit worried that when I go back they might make me serve in the military. And I wonder if they will recall someone my families back to the army.
First, ROK citizen?

Second, unless things go into DEFCON 3~2 (highly unlikely), you're unlikely to be called for duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is ridiculous. What is your Minister of Agriculture going to do about it? The world depends on both Koreas for the fermented cabbage supply!
Unexpected drought caused a temporary shortage of cabbages. Things are okay now.

Quote:
They don't send recruits to the frontlines. I was enlisted when Mas Selamat Kastari (an Indonesian terrorist under the custody of Singapore) escaped, and unlike my friends who are already serving, I don't have to go around hunting for that SOB and burning my weekends.
They would do so over here, since only human waves can start the march north.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
one thing i never really understood was why seoul was made the capital of SK when it is so close to the NK border. I mean would it have been safer and made more sense to have move the capital a but farther form the border?
Seoul is the center of the Korean peninsula. This is a long term view of things.
Old 2010-11-27, 07:57   Link #10086
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I am of the opinion that is they give full control of the ROK army to SlayerSBoxeR who is currently playing in a tournament, war would be over in two days.
And that my friends, is the reason for Starcraft being popular in Korea. It's an ROK military project to create perfect tactical battlefield commanders. It'll be just like Enders game. Boxer as Commander in Chief, and all the other top players as his LT's.

(And also the direct control implants in all their recruits)

Quote:
I am sure the South Koreans have been breeding Zerg in their underground labs and breach the UN bio-warfare convention.
It won't matter. The Norks won't have the intricate command and control network the ROK will have through Boxer and his Command and control platoon. Numbers are for naught when they don't have Boxers micro.

Quote:
They don't send recruits to the frontlines. I was enlisted when Mas Selamat Kastari (an Indonesian terrorist under the custody of Singapore) escaped, and unlike my friends who are already serving, I don't have to go around hunting for that SOB and burning my weekends.
I wouldn't be so sure of that if shit hit the fan. With thousands of Nork special forces troops trying to infiltrate into the south through tunnels and boats, you could have fighting going on behind the frontlines.
Old 2010-11-27, 09:51   Link #10087
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So who thinks that a war between NK / SK will be soon ?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201009115834375

US forces are coming to defend SK with aircraft carrier/destroyer...
SK said that they'll avenge the 2 dead marines and 2 dead civils at all cost.
China support NK and warned US to don't come and make illicit move in their border.
NK said that if there really were "dead civil" during the encounter at Yeonpyeongdo , probably there were "Human shield" used by SK for his propaganda....
Currently this is like = China/NK vs US/SK
Old 2010-11-27, 12:59   Link #10088
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
So who thinks that a war between NK / SK will be soon ?
Not me. If this was going to start a war, it would have already started. To me, it looks like it's all over but for the posturing and face saving gestures.
Old 2010-11-27, 13:51   Link #10089
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not me. If this was going to start a war, it would have already started. To me, it looks like it's all over but for the posturing and face saving gestures.
Agreed, the hard part is just figuring how to make NK stupid decisions (like the shelling) painful to the ruling cabal.
Old 2010-11-27, 14:11   Link #10090
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Agreed, the hard part is just figuring how to make NK stupid decisions (like the shelling) painful to the ruling cabal.
use that stealth bomber and drop a load of propaganda bombs into NK capital.
Old 2010-11-27, 14:49   Link #10091
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
use that stealth bomber and drop a load of propaganda bombs into NK capital.
What do you achieve by doing that? If you really want a war, you should drop something else, if you don't want one. well, you might get one by doing that.
Old 2010-11-27, 15:21   Link #10092
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

action have consequences

NK's nose need to bloodied a bit to show that.
Old 2010-11-27, 15:40   Link #10093
Crazy Aido
Spastic Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Unexpected drought caused a temporary shortage of cabbages. Things are okay now.
Damn, I was hoping there would be less kim chi next time I went over to see my brother.

Incidently, my country is swirling about in a toilet bowl of debt.

I don't want our Taoiseach to resign though.

I WANT HIM TO HANG.
Old 2010-11-27, 17:24   Link #10094
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
What do you achieve by doing that? If you really want a war, you should drop something else, if you don't want one. well, you might get one by doing that.
Why not? Do it continuously for a week, enlighten the dying and the wealthy on the peninsula.
Old 2010-11-27, 18:02   Link #10095
GundamFan0083

Department of Homeland Security seizes Domain Names.

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-va...-domain-names-
Old 2010-11-27, 18:15   Link #10096
flying ^

now this is interesting

DHS is seizing sites directly from ICANN

http://mashable.com/2010/11/27/homel...ebsite-seized/
http://mashable.com/2010/11/26/torrent-finder/
Old 2010-11-27, 20:31   Link #10097
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Department of Homeland Security seizes Domain Names.

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-va...-domain-names-
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
now this is interesting

DHS is seizing sites directly from ICANN

http://mashable.com/2010/11/27/homel...ebsite-seized/
http://mashable.com/2010/11/26/torrent-finder/
is george bush still president?

could somebody who had bought into the whole change mantra explain to me what change they thought they were getting?
Old 2010-11-27, 20:39   Link #10098
GundamFan0083

Here's an article with the list of Torrent sites that have been seized.

http://torrentfreak.com/u-s-governme...d-more-101126/
Old 2010-11-28, 01:05   Link #10099
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

While world is still looking to NK and SK...
Japan spots Chinese vessels near disputed island
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...6AR07M20101128
Old 2010-11-28, 02:19   Link #10100
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
It won't matter. The Norks won't have the intricate command and control network the ROK will have through Boxer and his Command and control platoon. Numbers are for naught when they don't have Boxers micro.
I propose that the ROK Army introduce soldiers solely armed with powered armour and concussion high-pressure propelled grenades against NK armour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I wouldn't be so sure of that if shit hit the fan. With thousands of Nork special forces troops trying to infiltrate into the south through tunnels and boats, you could have fighting going on behind the frontlines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
They would do so over here, since only human waves can start the march north.
Basically the NK commando units are trained to create a "second front", much like the Ranger/Royal Marine battalions in NATO. Infiltrate into the back lines, and cause as much damage as possible through guerrilla tactics and asymmetric warfare.

Though I wonder if they really have any effect since their doctrine is less on self-preservation and more of "fight to death". The more effective commando tactics are often "live to fight another day" rather than "die and take some with me".

Therefore, they wouldn't send recruits to the frontlines since it will take an entire platoon of know-nothings to defeat a single commando. Or at least they won't do so without giving them COIN training (which would take up to 6 months).

There is another factor to consider against these "second front" commandos : the internal security special forces units, namely the SWAT and the higher echelon of the local police. Give them a little more training in basic tracking and they can perform their duties without drawing soldiers from the front.

Actually, IMHO, given how the 707th have performed in the Vietnam War, I have some confidence in the ROK Army's COIN measures. Though I demand that they are given cloaking units, ramjet rifles and ocular implants.

And some news....

North Korea "readies missiles"

Quote:
(Reuters) - North Korea has placed surface-to-surface missiles on launch pads in the Yellow Sea, Yonhap news agency reported on Sunday, as the United States and South Korea began military exercises and China said it would try to ensure peace.

South Korean President Lee Myung-bak told a visiting Chinese delegation that Beijing, North Korea's only major ally which is traditionally reluctant to criticize the reclusive regime, should do more to help.

China, which agreed with South Korea that the situation was "worrisome," would try to stop it deteriorating, the delegation responded, the presidential Blue House and Chinese media said.

Yonhap also said North Korea had moved surface-to-air missiles to frontline areas, days after it shelled a tiny South Korean island killing four people. The North's official KCNA news agency warned of retaliatory action if its territory is violated.

The Defense Ministry told journalists to leave the island, Yeonpyeong, because the situation was "bad." Many residents evacuated earlier said they did not want to return.

"We will deliver a brutal military blow on any provocation which violates our territorial waters," KCNA said.

Officials from South Korea's Defense Ministry and the joint chiefs said they could not comment on the Yonhap report. "It is impossible to confirm the report as it is classified as military secret," an official said.

The exercises, in waters far south of the disputed maritime boundary, are being held in the face of opposition by China and threats of all-out war from North Korea.

PRESSURE ON CHINA

The chairman of North Korea's Supreme People's Assembly will visit China from Tuesday, the official Xinhua news agency said. Lee told Chinese State Councillor Dai Bingguo, who outranks Foreign Minister Yang Jiechie, that Beijing, with its growing international influence, should do more to help ensure peace.

China has not taken sides in the conflict and declined to blame North Korea, unlike the United States, for the sinking of a South Korean naval vessel in March.

"We ask that China make a contribution to peace on the Korean peninsula by taking a more fair and responsible position on South-North Korea ties," the presidential Blue House quoted Lee as telling Dai.

"The Chinese side conveyed the message of condolences for the South Korean victims of the Yeonpyeong incident and said it would make efforts to prevent the situation from deteriorating for the sake of peace between the South and North," Lee's spokesman said.

Lee said the attack on civilians, coming after the revelation of the North's highly uranium enrichment program, was a grave change in the situation.

"Lee asked that China play a role in North-South ties to match its growing international stature at a time when the Cold War is over and we should be pursuing coexistence and peace in the 21st century," Lee's spokesman, Hong Sang-pyo, said.

Washington says the drill is intended as a deterrent after the worst assault on South Korea since the end of the Korean War in 1953.

Life went on as normal in the sunny and cold capital, Seoul. In the chic shopping district of Myeondong, tens of thousands jammed the streets looking for bargains and drinking coffee at cafes. There has been no disruption of air and shipping routes.

The nuclear-powered carrier USS George Washington, which carries 75 warplanes and has a crew of over 6,000, has joined the exercises and will be accompanied by at least four other U.S. warships, an official from U.S. Forces Korea (USKF) told Reuters.

South Korea has deployed three destroyers, frigates and anti-submarine aircraft, Yonhap news agency reported, adding the exercises were being held far south of the disputed area where the artillery firing took place on Tuesday.

South Korea's marine commander on Saturday vowed "thousand-fold" revenge for the North Korean attack that killed two servicemen and two civilians.

North Korea said that if there had been civilian deaths, they were "very regrettable," but that South Korea should be blamed for using a human shield.

It also said the United States should be blamed for "orchestrating" the whole sequence of events to justify sending an aircraft carrier to join the maritime maneuvers.
And some good news for us between 20-30......

Generation Y: the new depression generation?

Spoiler for Long:

Less younger investors now = less winners to share the winner's pie = larger profits for those with winning trades.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international