AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 08:46   Link #30801
Eratas123

Alright, thanks. Uploading in 5 minutes. After this I'm re-writing FI chapter 2.
Old 2012-05-11, 10:08   Link #30802
demino_hellsin
That one guy

idiot who's nice to everyone is counted as idiot savior type right?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 20:51   Link #30803
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Did any of the canon cast ever saw the security squad in action before? In canon that is.
Old 2012-05-11, 20:58   Link #30804
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, during VT system rampage.

They never do anything significant, and always took secondary role so the youngster can shine (in professional terms: they're not worth the title). Plan to fix this myself.
Old 2012-05-11, 21:15   Link #30805
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well in Athena, the security squad are actually being a security squad themselves. Especially during the Academy attack... :3

As for the "brief villain" moment thing, I'm thinking of toning it down to a more... one-on-one thing seeing as it will be due to something personal.

Something which would lead to this kind of confrontation(Though not on the same grounds as what's being mentioned in the video):

And I'm thinking to have the confrontation between him and a canon member...
Old 2012-05-11, 21:57   Link #30806
Eratas123

What's going on?
Old 2012-05-11, 22:01   Link #30807
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Eh, not much.

Me and Zero(If I understood his post right) were going on about how the Academy's security squad should be more... professional that simply "being there".

Then there's me thinking of toning down the "Against IS" thing.
Old 2012-05-11, 22:09   Link #30808
Eratas123

They have a security squad? Sorry, I guess the three consecutive break ins make that hard to believe.
Old 2012-05-11, 22:18   Link #30809
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Following canon, maybe. Not like they're ordinary enemies that cannot bypass radar without some... special assistance.
Old 2012-05-11, 22:54   Link #30810
Eratas123

They were also useless in helping during M's attack.
Old 2012-05-11, 23:34   Link #30811
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Once again, if it follows canon.

Hence why I portray them as at least being able to fend off attacks in Athena.
Old 2012-05-12, 04:42   Link #30812
demino_hellsin
That one guy

are there any IS with heat based weaponry?
Old 2012-05-12, 04:48   Link #30813
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Kill it with fire, the idea must die.
Old 2012-05-12, 04:50   Link #30814
demino_hellsin
That one guy

um... so there are none?

EDIT: the closest thing I could think of was Shenlong avalanche packet but the heat effect seemed more side-effect than the actual purpose of the weapon.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-05-12 at 05:31.
Old 2012-05-12, 06:18   Link #30815
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

'Mountain breaker' packet is heat diffusion cannon, turning compressed air into visible gas/plasma/whatever. It's main purpose is to make rapid fire mode more powerful, it also added another pair of cannon (making 4 in total)

I imagine actual radiation/heat weapon is forbidden, though not very sure about laser. (It's used in both ST and TLR Stratos)

EDIT: Well, Proioxis (sp?) from Athena series, and it's predecessor Minerva Custom can use heat based weaponry, and most, if not all the technology is derived from first generation I.S., do note that this very unit is designed by anti I.S. organization so rules may not apply.

EDIT2: Since it's always stated that energy weapon, energy barrier and thruster DO drain I.S. battery (though at slower rate rate than Absolute defense), does this mean that the solid state weapon such as guns and missiles also have limited ammo?

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-05-12 at 06:37.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 07:03   Link #30816
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Again, there probably is a limit inside the magazines. Effectively there should be no ammunition limit because the IS can just construct/realize ammo from data schematics stored within the core.

Thanks for the correction about the packet. So heat weaponry was banned to start with? How the heck did energy weapons get a pass? O.o?
Old 2012-05-12, 07:20   Link #30817
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno

Basically anything that can hurt/torture the pilot directly in battle is banned. In my personal interpretation (which mean not necessarily fit canon), it's along the line of "Radioactive, electric surge, chemical, and biological weapon".

Note that Radioactive there also cover for gamma/X-ray projector and neutron cannon/bomb. While plasma-coated blunt weapon is basically a gigantic taser in nature, they are exempted because it's simply unable to torture pilot. (it'll be lethal by default by sheer kinetic energy alone)

EDIT: Though I prefer the idea about blunt weapons are anti-beam coated, which works wondrously against normal barrier, though not as much as beam saber or plasma weapon.

I'm still conflicted about including heat-based weapon in the ban list, since laser is practically just that.

There are more weapon that is tournament-legal yet can be used for torture (such as Rin's air cannon or Laura's cable launcher), which leaves things to pilot's ethic as well.

------------------------------------------------

As for 'unlimited ammo' thing, the only things implied about is that energy-to-matter conversion is one way trip. It took more than single day to repair damaged I.S. that lose it's parts, which mean it'll took some time to fill the magazines (Probably more than 10 minutes with the I.S. shut down). This means that while technically they can generate ammo indefinitely, doing so will took quite a time (especially if your I.S. is active) and I.S. practically still carries limited ammo per battle. I can see the usage of spare magazine except for internally-loaded weapon such as Shotgun or missile launcher.
Old 2012-05-12, 07:28   Link #30818
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so there is a possibility remains of an IS with heat based weaponry?

About the ammo and comparing it with IS repair. The length of time is dependent on level of damage. Thus far the repairs which have required whole days are Cecilia's and Rin's IS. If memory serves me right, their units were totally scrap at that point. If the mass is something as negligible as ammo, it's not unfathomable that ammo can be generated in minutes, not fifteen, maybe about 1-3? pending on the bullet size and structural complexity.
Old 2012-05-12, 07:36   Link #30819
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, that's a possibility. All in all, it's the application that's matter (Because Yukihira is tournament illegal and yet still allowed to be used)

Also yes, in my fanon it's affected by the total amount of mass lost as well as the complexity. For example, between 3x30 boxed rounds and 90 linked rounds, the later is longer to generate because you can just store the empty boxes back to be reloaded whereas links are disposed into cluster of data to be recycled, similar to spent shell.

Do remember that again, it's implied that when I.S. is active, and even more so during battle condition, all conversion/maintenance process is much slower simply because the core doesn't generate enough energy to do just that. Again, ammo recycling in battle simply unfeasible unless you have Akatsubaki's hax OOA.
Old 2012-05-12, 07:47   Link #30820
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the energy can just be explained by capacitors. Processing power is more your bill for explaining the need for time to process ammo.

The reason I asked about heat based weaponry is because I rewatched kamen rider Fourze episodes for some ideas. and his fire form can absorb heat based attacks and use them to supplement his finisher

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest