Notices

Old 2009-10-15, 17:22   Link #361
Azncoke123

I put money on it being Perona!
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 05:54   Link #362
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Two things I keep questioning when it comes to the next crew member. One is what would be their job? Everyone on the crew serves a purpose. What role is left?

We have:
Luffy: Captain
Zoro: First Mate
Nami: Navigator
Usopp: Sharpshooter
Sanji: Cook
Chopper: Doctor
Robin: Archeologist
Franky: Shipwright
Brook: Musician

Normally, the thing to look out for that scream new crew member is a tragic story. Everyone in the crew has one. With Robin's, we just learned her's later. Also a mention on a dream. That did prelude Robin's joining. We learned about her dream at the tail end of the Alabasta arc.

I'm of the mind that they wont get any new member until they are somewhere on the other end of the Grand Line.

I'm also wondering something when we know that the next island on the log is Merman Island, providing Nami gets of that sky island before her log sets to it. Do you all remember that elephant blue-finned tuna Sanji saw and bought WAY back in Loguetown. I think it originally comes from the North or West Blue. It was a hint at the location to the All Blue. That fish most likely went up Reverse Mountain and came back down on that end of the Red Line.

I'm starting to wonder if the All Blue is at Merman Island, or very close to there? If you think about it. The idea makes sense. People think the All Blue can't exist because of the Red Line. Yet under the Red line is an area of the sea that opens to fish from all the waters.
If my theory is correct, what happens when Sanji finds the All Blue? Would he be the first member of the crew tempted to leave? I'm not saying he would, but it might cause some drama for the story. It would be tempting for him. The All Blue and most likely lovely mermaids all around. Lord knows it was a good thing she didn't send Sanji to Amazon Lily. He would of been dead in seconds. Would of died happy though.
Old 2009-10-16, 08:56   Link #363
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I would also like to see Mr 2 Bon Clay join the straw hats.

But for that to happen, he would need to have escaped Impel Down, and after the stunt he pulled I don't think he'll be getting out anytime soon.

Though I can just imagine what kind of character he would be for the Strawhats. He would probably get Iva to turn him into a girl and would always be hitting on Sanji. But Sanji would know that Mr 2 Bon Clay was originally a guy and would be rather confused as to how to react.

Also, Mr 2 Bon Clay would another martial art themed fighter just like Sanji.

If this was to happen, it would garantee an unlimited number of jokes, right?
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 22:15   Link #364
Yurii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
I put money on it being Perona!
That's who I want it to be. Usopp and Perona are going to be hilarious.
Yurii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 15:49   Link #365
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

it would be nice if the next member was not a DF user. there are so many already and they will need someone when the fruit users are drowning. and it's nice to someone win against a user without being a user themselves.

i think it could be a mermen
Old 2009-10-18, 19:43   Link #366
Muyasuki

Perona and Cammie. In fact, I'm almost 100% positive about the first (or at least I want to be). Her interactions with Ussop alone would be gold. Possibly as scouts or something along those lines. If Bon Clay could escape . . . actually now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy already considered him a member (kinda of how Vivi is still).
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 21:36   Link #367
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyasuki View Post
Perona and Cammie. In fact, I'm almost 100% positive about the first (or at least I want to be). Her interactions with Ussop alone would be gold. Possibly as scouts or something along those lines.
Isn't Perona ALREADY a member of Moria's crew? I don't ever remember her resigning or whatnot, she just got sent away by Kuma.

Anyway if I had to guess who's joining the crew next I'd say Ace. He has a tragic backstory, he has close ties with Luffy and he's also one of the most popular characters in the series.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:02   Link #368
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Ace would never join the Strawhats because he is way too loyal to Whitebeard.

Unless Whitebeard dies at some point and the whole Whitebeard Pirates disband, I doubt Ace will join. Plus, if Whitebeard dies, the next in charge with take over and continue the group.
( W)
Old 2009-10-19, 08:44   Link #369
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Nah ace doesnt have the character for SH crew, even if Whitebeard dies, he'll become the captain of whitebeard army.

Its so obvious that Bon Clay is gonna be the next crew memeber. Out of all the potential canditates, he has done the most for the Strawhats, even going as far as to putting his life in danger for strawhats' and luffy's safety on several occasions now. Don't forget how hard he struggled to keep luffy alive during impel down arc as well.
Old 2009-10-19, 11:13   Link #370
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaxxmintpie View Post
Nah ace doesnt have the character for SH crew, even if Whitebeard dies, he'll become the captain of whitebeard army.

Its so obvious that Bon Clay is gonna be the next crew memeber. Out of all the potential canditates, he has done the most for the Strawhats, even going as far as to putting his life in danger for strawhats' and luffy's safety on several occasions now. Don't forget how hard he struggled to keep luffy alive during impel down arc as well.
I totally agree

I would love to see how he (if he does at all) escape from Impel Down and rejoin Luffy.

I wonder if he would ask Iva to turn him into a girl before he/she joins the Strawhats. Imagine a female Bon Clay part of the crew and always hitting on Sanji while Sanji totally freaks out that a transgendered person is hitting on him.
( W)
Old 2009-10-26, 15:50   Link #371
longnose-kun

I think Buggy should join the crew. He already has relations with the crew, and he could be the crews official party coordinator. He would make a flashy addition to the crew.
longnose-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 15:56   Link #372
Prestige

I really hope that Boa Hancock would join... seriosly I despised her at begin but she has started to grow on me during this time.

She is such a intresting personality and he has really unique relationship with Luffy... and Sanji would totally go nuts around her.

I really hope she would join, so many funny moments and she got intresting fighting style.

And she told her sisters to take care of governing Amazon Lily, I think she could spare a little trip.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 01:23   Link #373
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

lol@Buggy.

Luffy: Captain
Zoro: First Mate
Nami: Navigator
Usopp: Sharpshooter
Sanji: Cook
Chopper: Doctor
Robin: Archeologist
Franky: Shipwright
Brook: Musician
Buggy: Clown
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 21:03   Link #374
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

Its much ok if Bon Clay is the one to join, because Buggy is too proud to be under a flag with a straw hat...
Old 2009-11-20, 07:54   Link #375
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Sengoku will be the next SH.
Tenryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 13:40   Link #376
Lord Uiruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
lol sengoku
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 19:06   Link #377
Rainbowman

Quote:
I hope you're joking.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 23:29   Link #378
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I really hope that Boa Hancock would join... seriosly I despised her at begin but she has started to grow on me during this time.

She is such a intresting personality and he has really unique relationship with Luffy... and Sanji would totally go nuts around her.

I really hope she would join, so many funny moments and she got intresting fighting style.

And she told her sisters to take care of governing Amazon Lily, I think she could spare a little trip.
I also want Boa Hancock to join the Straw Hats. First of all, she can't live without being close to Luffy as her lovesickness would kill her, and second of all I seriously want to see Sanji's reaction when he finds out she's in love with Luffy.

Besides, it could trigger some jealousy and hidden feelings from Robin and Nami seeing her in love with Luffy and all.
Old 2009-11-25, 04:33   Link #379
Tenryuken
Pirate God

I doubt that Robin would be jealous.
Tenryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 20:02   Link #380
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I also want Boa Hancock to join the Straw Hats. First of all, she can't live without being close to Luffy as her lovesickness would kill her, and second of all I seriously want to see Sanji's reaction when he finds out she's in love with Luffy.

Besides, it could trigger some jealousy and hidden feelings from Robin and Nami seeing her in love with Luffy and all.
I don't want Boa Hancock to join the Straw Hats. First of all, if Boa Hancock were to be cured from whatever sickness she has, Emporio Ivankov could use his powers to make her well. Second of all, her ego which involves cruelty to animals will not go well with Chopper. And last of all, after her reaction and determination of jealousy (when Luffy mentioned about Nami and Robin) she would try and use her powers to turn Nami and Robin into stone. I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I doubt that Robin would be jealous.
I wouldn't know about jealousy, but I bet Robin would have feelings of distrust on Boa Hancock since Robin knows about the shichibukai through Crocodile.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote