AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-07, 03:13   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 2 raw

Maybe one episode was enough. I didn't find this one that interesting. The voice-acting is still interesting, though. And I enjoy the OP.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 16:31   Link #42
NeoSam

Volume 1 chapters 12 and 13 have been scanlated

Torrent here: Manganews.
Old 2006-07-08, 02:26   Link #43
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
as for me, I can't get enough of this

episode 2 (the sisters vs. the landlord) was very sweet
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 11:07   Link #44
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Ah, I haven't cry this much since Twin Spica. *sob sob* >_< *need a new box of tissue*

This show makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 17:05   Link #45
NeoSam

And yay! more of the manga thanks to Kotonoha group

Volume 1 chapters 14 and 15 have been scanlated.

Torrent here: Manganews.
Old 2006-07-14, 21:24   Link #46
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Episode 3 animated chapter 14-15, and although this anime is still way too sappy, I like it!

The new character, however is a little meh...

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 10:20   Link #47
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
ep. 3 was nice. the misery wasn't laid on too thick this time, but the sisterly love on the other hand was waaay overboard. liked it XD
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 22:28   Link #48
EevilJ

The first epsiode is out now.

[Doremi-BINBOU].Binbou.Shimai.Monogatari.01.[E3729A80].avi
EevilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 23:18   Link #49
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Yes it is! So enjoy this sappy anime about two sisters.

It's one of the first anime in which I think the nine year old is drawn way too old for my taste!

Old 2006-07-17, 00:14   Link #50
guess

Too sappy. @_@

Anyway, what I don't understand is that it seems as the older sister's only job is to delivery newspapers and she is able to pay for the rent, tuition, and all the expenses for two? Must be a mighty good job. Maybe I should apply for one myself.
Old 2006-07-17, 00:59   Link #51
Sakuya
*Artist

This is so sad. I think I will watch another episode.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 01:51   Link #52
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Wow, looks like people are split between two camps on this anime:

- those who think it's too sappy and cheesy (wtf? two girls living alone? how do they survive? etc etc etc)

- the others who think of this as a very emotional and sentimental story (awww... look at Asu! how cute!)

Old 2006-07-17, 03:24   Link #53
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

I must be the one who's between the "camps" trying to get a fire going in the rain.

Which tranlsates into....I'm both "awwwww...kawaii ^___^" and "Aaaag!...too sappy.....hey...I can use this and make my own syrup"
ashefatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 13:34   Link #54
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, I'm in the "this is a melodramatic sappy title" camp based on the first ep. It just tried a little too hard for me.,esp. when they were trying to find each other at the fireworks festival.
Old 2006-07-17, 20:58   Link #55
EevilJ

Thoughts on Binbou Shimai Monogatari.

Spoiler:
EevilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 23:13   Link #56
marclemagne
~ ~

I enjoyed the first episode a lot, even despite the over-the-top sentimentality of it. I also agree that it seemed like they were trying too hard to make it so emotional, and at some points it was definitely pretty sappy and cheesy. But yeah, I did get a little choked up a few times, and overall it was a cute and touching story.

I thought the voice acting was excellent, and I thought the art was very nice, too. I really liked the muted colors that were used.

Although I'm not quite sure what ashefatal is talking about, I agree.

What type of symbolic references can be attributed to torii gates in Japanese literature/movies/animation? In addition, I guess, to the religious Shinto aspects. Do they hold any other type of meaning--in other words, would the appearance of one in this first episode have any meaning other than the fact that they're at a festival near a temple? Someone mentioned it already but this show reminds me of Kami Chu! a bit so far, and that show featured torii gates a lot--but at the same time, that show had more of a direct Shinto inspiration.

"If love can kill then surely hatred can save."
-Altena; Noir
marclemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 00:22   Link #57
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I have to say that I just watched the first episode of this show and I have never, ever cried while watching a first episode until now. That is a truly shocking development. To make me cry I need to honestly care about the characters and share their feelings. This is something that takes many episodes (or at least a reasonably sized movie like Grave of the Fireflies), yet somehow I found myself crying at the end of episode 1.

If the rest of the show is half as touching as this, I'll be a wreck.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 02:52   Link #58
Sakuya
*Artist

Spoiler:

Episode 2 is out I noticed. Can't wait, awesome tracker by the way!
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 04:47   Link #59
ryomakun

Yes, i can't wait either for the episode 2 ^_^;;
ryomakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 05:09   Link #60
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Watched first ep. I think this could be the sort of series I could eventually enjoy, provided I can make a connection with the characters. I had no problem with the sappiness, because I know full well, given the premise, that they could have milked it far worse than they did. They certainly didn't go over-the-top in terms of melodrama, and did at a commendable job at restraining themselves in this aspect with a simple story. That, though, is my big criticism so far, though. I realize it's slice-of-life, but the story in this ep was far too simple and predictable. And, the sisters are pretty much no longer allowed to have any arguments for the remainder of the series, because the progression would almost certainly turn into an exact repeat of what we saw in this ep. In other words, the "argument" episode in this series is been and gone and, if it isn't, then it can be accused of being repetitive.

Liked the soft art-style... even if the animation was lacking. Also reminded me of Koi Kaze. Music is so-so, but the directing is surprisingly good. I think it's gonna be a while before I can dissociate Mihama Chiyo's voice from Kaneda Tomoko, though. Overall, I think this is a chance to be a pleasant enjoyable series, if nothing else.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, seinen