Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-14, 15:49   Link #441
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
I think this tells you that a significant number of voters read the manga. I doubt anyone voted for (or even noticed) Suehara for her 5 seconds of screentime, but in the manga she has quite an important role.

By the way, I just noticed that in your would-be votes for group 2 you picked Suehara (but not Mako)... should you really be surprised at the result?
On another note, Sasano Ichigo makes it with the same amount of vote. Coincidence? I don't think so...

And I read the manga LOL, or else why do you think I point out Suehara specifically. She's not even the most moe of the Himematsu girls, though...
Old 2013-08-14, 16:16   Link #442
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
On another note, Sasano Ichigo makes it with the same amount of vote. Coincidence? I don't think so...

And I read the manga LOL, or else why do you think I point out Suehara specifically. She's not even the most moe of the Himematsu girls, though...
Yeah, the fact that Ichigo classified is more outrageous I think. There is a reason though. Remember that panel in the manga (ch. 68) where she is crying? Among Saki fans, specially in Japan, that panel became very famous. I don't really understand, I mean, yes she's crying and that can be seen as moe but the popularity it got was disproportionate. Anyway, I'm not too surprised to see Ichigo there because i think some people still vote for that panel more than for the character itself (who has a very brief role anyway).

And I agree that Suehara is not the most moe in Himematsu but she is kinda cool and has a lot of appearance time, playing in the captain position and all so she is very popular.
Old 2013-08-14, 16:56   Link #443
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

I don't get it....why do you guys hate Sasano Ichigo? She's pretty moe ._.
Old 2013-08-14, 19:55   Link #444
Team Rocket Elite

4-8

Spoiler for Preliminary 2-2 Results:

My Top 12 for Preliminary 2-3:
Spoiler for Preliminary 2-3:
Old 2013-08-15, 00:58   Link #445
timbits
Harem Lead

Neither Mami nor Shion nor Lilicia made it in. It's a sad day in timbits' head. Hey on the other hand I was really close with the prediction, only one vote off actually.

I swear if my pure and perfect Chizuru doesn't get in...
Spoiler for Prelims 2-3 Picks:
Old 2013-08-15, 03:30   Link #446
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
I don't get it....why do you guys hate Sasano Ichigo? She's pretty moe ._.
This is not about hating, or at least I don't hate her.

It's just the old question: should one vote for a character based on looks alone, even if that character appeared only for a second and has no lines?

One opinion says: yes, if a character looks moe (to you) that's all you need to vote for her.

Another opinion says: no, a character needs a personality to "deserve" being in the tournament and for that she needs a certain amount of screentime.

Sasano Ichigo is one of these characters that appears very briefly (both in manga and anime), so the question applies to her. Her classification left out other characters that are also pretty moe (to some) and they had more screentime. So, understandably, the fans of those other characters may feel unhappy about it.

I don't think there is one opinion that is right and one wrong. They both have their arguments. Mostly, depending on the particular characters concerned, I feel leaning towards one or the other. I think this is because Saimoe voting is not a rational decision but something based on feelings and feelings change when one of your favorite characters is involved.

Other people may feel differently about it and that's fine by me.
Old 2013-08-15, 04:05   Link #447
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
This is not about hating, or at least I don't hate her.

It's just the old question: should one vote for a character based on looks alone, even if that character appeared only for a second and has no lines?

One opinion says: yes, if a character looks moe (to you) that's all you need to vote for her.

Another opinion says: no, a character needs a personality to "deserve" being in the tournament and for that she needs a certain amount of screentime.

Sasano Ichigo is one of these characters that appears very briefly (both in manga and anime), so the question applies to her. Her classification left out other characters that are also pretty moe (to some) and they had more screentime. So, understandably, the fans of those other characters may feel unhappy about it.

I don't think there is one opinion that is right and one wrong. They both have their arguments. Mostly, depending on the particular characters concerned, I feel leaning towards one or the other. I think this is because Saimoe voting is not a rational decision but something based on feelings and feelings change when one of your favorite characters is involved.

Other people may feel differently about it and that's fine by me.
True but this is a moe competition after all. There is no right or wrong way to define what's moe to each and everyone so if one wins the others just gotta accept that it's the community's preference.
Old 2013-08-15, 09:35   Link #448
chaosprophet

Results for Prelims 2 - Group 3
Spoiler for P2G3 Results:

That's one hell of a tie there... just from today, main tournament will have at least 5 matches on round 1 with 4 charas. (and the one of the chara that tied represent almost 10K charas XD!)

And once again sorry for being late. Tomorrow I will be on time!
Old 2013-08-15, 09:54   Link #449
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Results for Prelims 2 - Group 3
Spoiler for P2G3 Results:

That's one hell of a tie there... just from today, main tournament will have at least 5 matches on round 1 with 4 charas. (and the one of the chara that tied represent almost 10K charas XD!)

And once again sorry for being late. Tomorrow I will be on time!
Woah! More than 16 girls got in :O

Not really happy about it but I guess it's fine. Koneko holding a huge lead ._.
Old 2013-08-15, 09:57   Link #450
RJ TAYLER

A real bona-fide 'blanket finish' there; I have to feel for the lone Joshiraku girl Kuurubiyuutei Gankyou and Aizawa Natsumi of Natsuiro Kiseki Festival 15-kaime no Natsuyasumi for missing the final call by a solitary vote.
Old 2013-08-15, 10:16   Link #451
iamadooddood
NOM.

Aaand timbits was right about Group 3 being the Group of Death. But wrong about the group winner and about Chizuru's fate.

I think every group here is a Group of Death, what with even the bottom rankers getting double digit votes. And none of the top rankers getting triple digits.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-08-15, 10:38   Link #452
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Yay for Mana and Akane got the worst deterioration of power out of the Smile Cures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
I think every group here is a Group of Death, what with even the bottom rankers getting double digit votes. And none of the top rankers getting triple digits.
I think so too

Picks
<<レジーナ@ドキドキ!プリキュア>>
<<倉崎楓子(スカイ・レイカー)@アクセル・ワールド>>
<<アニ・レオンハート@進撃の巨人>>
<<剣崎真琴(キュアソード)@ドキドキ!プリキュア>>
<<四葉ありす(キュアロゼッタ)@ドキドキ!プリキュア>>
<<ねこにゃー(猫田)@ガールズ&パンツァー>>
<<天王州アテネ@ハヤテのごとく! シリーズ>>
<<来海えりか(キュアマリン)@プリキュアオールスターズNewStage2 こころのともだち>>
<<星空みゆき(キュアハッピー)@スマイルプリキュア!>>
<<緑川なお(キュアマーチ)@スマイルプリキュア!>>
<<秋葉留未穂(フェイリス・ニャンニャン)@劇場版 STEINS;GATE 負荷領域のデジャヴ>>
<<高槻やよい@THE IDOLM@STER シリーズ>>

Been while since I saw Asuka entering AST too. Also yep Precure spam is going on.

Spoiler for Interims:

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-08-15 at 12:20.
Old 2013-08-15, 11:15   Link #453
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

My votes here for Group 4(While waiting for the code)
Spoiler for Preliminary Round 2 Group 4 votes:

I DESPERATELY HOPE 朱鷺戸沙耶 can get into top 16 ><
Old 2013-08-15, 13:00   Link #454
Subayai

Spoiler for votes for P2-G4:

Yayoi seems to be doing really well already, I hope she can keep that up to the end.
I also have hopes for Nonna, FunaQ, Saki and, naturally, Mayaka.
Old 2013-08-15, 15:59   Link #455
ion475
にこにこにー

6 out of 12. Not THAT bad. Koneko is way ahead of the rest, although she's still not THAT strong...

For the last group...

<<五更珠希@俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない。>>
<<天使真央@GJ部>>
<<前田果音@フォトカノ>>
<<真屋由暉子@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<御庭つみき@あっちこっち>>
<<天王州アテネ@ハヤテのごとく! シリーズ>>
<<乃木坂春香@乃木坂春香の秘密 ふぃな~れ♪>>
<<鮎川天理@神のみぞ知るセカイ 天理篇>>
<<小鳥遊空@パパのいうことを聞きなさい!>>
<<チョイ・モチマッヅィ@たまこまーけっと>>
<<牧野かんな@たまこまーけっと>>
<<津田コトミ@生徒会役員共>>

Hope Tsumiki and Mao get some love.
Old 2013-08-15, 17:19   Link #456
Team Rocket Elite

4-8

Spoiler for Preliminary 2-3 Results:

My Top 12 for Preliminary 2-4:
Spoiler for Preliminary 2-4:
Old 2013-08-15, 21:26   Link #457
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Woah! More than 16 girls got in :O

Not really happy about it but I guess it's fine. Koneko holding a huge lead ._.
21 in total... and none of them Saki!

BTW, the main tourney structure is still the same, right?

Except for... rapecharge? Whatever the hell it's called and the 16 chara finals instead of 8.
Old 2013-08-15, 21:46   Link #458
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
21 in total... and none of them Saki!

BTW, the main tourney structure is still the same, right?

Except for... rapecharge? Whatever the hell it's called and the 16 chara finals instead of 8.
Looks like all the Saki girls who are going to be involved in dominating the competition have already qualified. After all, it's kind of hard to dominate if you can't even qualify directly for the main round and require the 2nd prelims to qualify.

Yes the structure should not change, just that some groups will have an extra girl drawn into the group.

It's repechage.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-08-16, 00:15   Link #459
timbits
Harem Lead

WHY IS CHIZURU NOT IN I AM NOT AMUSED JAPAN. It hurts even more that she's the only main character to not get in while everyone else qualified in first prelims. Ringo, who's not even a main character got in while Chizuru didn't. WHY SAIMOE WHY? She'll always be number 1 in my heart. ;_;

And today is the last group. Is it finally A-tan's turn to shine after years of whining about her not being in Saimoe? Someone get Game8910 in here, this'll be interesting.
Spoiler for Prelims 2-4 Picks:
Old 2013-08-16, 02:11   Link #460
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
WHY IS CHIZURU NOT IN I AM NOT AMUSED JAPAN. It hurts even more that she's the only main character to not get in while everyone else qualified in first prelims. Ringo, who's not even a main character got in while Chizuru didn't. WHY SAIMOE WHY? She'll always be number 1 in my heart. ;_;

And today is the last group. Is it finally A-tan's turn to shine after years of whining about her not being in Saimoe? Someone get Game8910 in here, this'll be interesting.
Spoiler for Prelims 2-4 Picks:
I actually prefer Ringo to Chizuru. Ringo is very very moe(except for her severe brocon).
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament