AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-07, 11:24   Link #381
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol some with better skills then Tsuchiya. I wonder what Akihisa's answers really meant.
Old 2011-08-07, 11:47   Link #382
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Doubt it, if Akihisa mentioned it to Minami, he'll just earn a kick and a wrestling move as gratitude.
Who said Aki had to mention it? Hideyoshi was just standing off to the side while everyone went to town on the guys, and he knows Minami knows.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 11:47   Link #383
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Starting to get miffed at the feminist leanings - namely the fact that if a guy says one wrong thing or is assumed to have done something to a girl, they get crucified for it (Minami telling Aki to die), but if a girl does the same thing, it feels like the guy deserves it (Aki, Yuuji and Tsuchiya being tortured because of them apparently spying on the girls - something they didn't even do).

Ignoring the fact that the male characters are thick as hell, I'm stunned that they haven't told the females where they can stick their yandere natures - if a girl treated me as badly as Himeji, Minami and Shouko have treated Akihisa and Yuuji during both seasons, they'd be told to f*** off!

Sadly, I have a feeling that this is the general state of things in real life too (though to a lesser degree, obviously).
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 12:40   Link #384
Boduar

I am sure you know this viperdk1 but its comedy. Regardless of reality if the females in this show were not so crazy it would cut half the laughs out of the show (at least for me). If your not laughing at a comedy I cant imagine why else you would bother watching it.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 13:19   Link #385
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It really pains me to see how far B-T has declined from last season. The whole chemistry is off - the sadism has gone out of control and the element of shared fighting of social injustice is missing. I really, really loved the first season and we have the same studio and director - but the magic is gone. I'll keep watching out of sheer blind optimism, but two good skits in five episodes is a pretty depressing batting average.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 13:49   Link #386
Blaat

I kind of feel the same way, I enjoy this series a lot more when the female characters aren't there (with one or two exceptions) due to their sadism (and it used to be funny when it was just Shoko)

I wonder if the novels are too blame for this? Assuming they're still adapting it and the current season isn't original works so far or did the anime team simply decide to skip all the battles, social injustice and stick with the comedy?
Old 2011-08-07, 14:12   Link #387
Reticia

Spoiler for Episode 5. The culprit is....:

You know I'm right
Old 2011-08-07, 16:09   Link #388
Dr. Casey

I can see where people would think there's a decline, but my opinions on this season have been mostly positive so far. I enjoyed the first and second episodes a lot, can't remember much of the third (I was distracted and stressed while watching it), loved the fourth, and have mixed feelings on this one. Minami and Himeji have been caricaturized too much this season, though, and the Hideyoshi jokes are getting old. I enjoy them when they're clever and used sparingly ("We're all men here - " "BULLSHIT!" from the fourth episode was really funny, and I liked Akihisa mentioning Himeji and Hideyoshi as the 'two girls' in this one), but now about half the lines of dialogue the guy ever says is given some 'lmfao Hideyoshi is a girl " joke rebuttal. I wish it would be given a rest and that Hideyoshi could just function as a normal character sometimes, he's a pretty interesting guy and has more to offer as a character than just his run-into-the-ground gimmick. I also think there should be more episodes that actually have some substance, things like the Yuuji and Shouko wedding episode from the original rather than vapid wacky hijinx.

So yeah, I'm pretty much fine with the season thus far and have been enjoying myself, but I think there should be a bit more variety from here on out (Not to say that things should be dark and serious or whatever, but I honestly don't want my episodes quite as vapid and mindless as most of 5 was), that the writers should take it easy on the Hideyoshi jokes, and that Minami and Himeji should return to having personalities outside being 24/7 providers of yandereism. (Though I did like the way she treated Yoshii on the train after he answered that Himeji was blue and she was green. It was kind of hot actually) This is starting to remind me of Sora no Otoshimono Forte - at times it almost seemed like that show was trying to live up to its own reputation and oversaturated the season with dirty, brainless ecchi humor all the fucking time, failing to strike the balance that the original did between humor and serious stuff/plot (And with more of the humor concentrated heavily in the 'Tomoki being a nasty pervert' area, which often just makes me feel awkward more than anything and is probably my least favorite thing about the series).

But yeah, on the whole I'm still enjoying this.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 16:29   Link #389
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
I am sure you know this viperdk1 but its comedy. Regardless of reality if the females in this show were not so crazy it would cut half the laughs out of the show (at least for me). If your not laughing at a comedy I cant imagine why else you would bother watching it.
Well, why can't we just have a reverse? i mean watching the guys pick on girls will make for some good comedy too.

@viper: The male characters aren't thick, more like the girls are getting more sadistic.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 16:45   Link #390
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It really pains me to see how far B-T has declined from last season. The whole chemistry is off - the sadism has gone out of control and the element of shared fighting of social injustice is missing. I really, really loved the first season and we have the same studio and director - but the magic is gone. I'll keep watching out of sheer blind optimism, but two good skits in five episodes is a pretty depressing batting average.
I lament the complete disappearance of class F's united front against social injustice too. That was one of the strongest theme of the first season, and one of the aspect of the series I liked the most. This season seems like it's all about yanderes yanderin', which I do enjoy, albeit not in such strong doses.
Old 2011-08-07, 17:25   Link #391
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Obligatory "Gah, they're so stupid" comment for the episode:

Minami already knows Akihisa was being blackmailed. Why did they not at least ask her to see if she could find anyone suspicious? It wouldn't have saved them from (most of) the torture, but it could've helped.

Lol, you're not thinking this through- Why would Minami help if she can get free Akihisa crossdressing pictures? At the same time she supports Yuji to marry Shouko...

If they ever find out about the boy's attempt to stop this they would totally try to stop them instead!

In this series, friendship goes only as far as your personal interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Ignoring the fact that the male characters are thick as hell, I'm stunned that they haven't told the females where they can stick their yandere natures - if a girl treated me as badly as Himeji, Minami and Shouko have treated Akihisa and Yuuji during both seasons, they'd be told to f*** off!

Lol fighting words, but no you won't, not when they're the only girls you'll ever get that isn't illegal.

Quote:
Well, why can't we just have a reverse? i mean watching the guys pick on girls will make for some good comedy too.
"OH NOES! A guy is abusing a girl! This is an outrage! Women should be treated as equals! In this modern age it's time for society to progress out of the dark ages of prejudice and injustice! This anime is a sexist series! SEXIST! The creator is a horrible person! Guys have no excuse to pick on a girl for any reason! And to glorify such acts as comedy is despicable and chauvinistic! "

... Something like that but LONGER
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 17:54   Link #392
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

"OH NOES! A guy is abusing a girl! This is an outrage! Women should be treated as equals! In this modern age it's time for society to progress out of the dark ages of prejudice and injustice! This anime is a sexist series! SEXIST! The creator is a horrible person! Guys have no excuse to pick on a girl for any reason! And to glorify such acts as comedy is despicable and chauvinistic! "

... Something like that but LONGER
Well, maybe it's time to change things. It does not change the fact that we are regressing back to the dark ages of prejudice and injustice (only this time, it's the females that are dominant)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 17:59   Link #393
GDB

Quote:
Lol, you're not thinking this through- Why would Minami help if she can get free Akihisa crossdressing pictures? At the same time she supports Yuji to marry Shouko...
Just don't tell her about what the blackmail material is. She may not go for it, but I'm sure Yuuji could cook something up to convince her. He's suave like that.
Old 2011-08-07, 18:12   Link #394
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, maybe it's time to change things. It does not change the fact that we are regressing back to the dark ages of prejudice and injustice (only this time, it's the females that are dominant)
Lol, you want to convince people of 3000 years with less than 10 years?

Good luck, let me know how it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Just don't tell her about what the blackmail material is. She may not go for it, but I'm sure Yuuji could cook something up to convince her. He's suave like that.
That's alot of maybes to trust your reputation and future to.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 18:18   Link #395
GDB

Quote:
That's alot of maybes to trust your reputation and future to.
Yes, well... the pictures are already out there. Shouko has them, if nothing else.
Old 2011-08-07, 18:18   Link #396
ZeKeR
Superbad

anything involving other girls will make them sadistic...

also, it will be lulzy if ALL of the girls of Fumizuki admire Akihisa even tho he's an idiot, Kouta for being the stealth pervert and Yuuji unless you want a nice boat ending, NO.

also, subs are a bit late.
Old 2011-08-07, 23:13   Link #397
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
This sums up my thoughts

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 23:57   Link #398
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Although it seems to be a natural progression with the girls gradually integrated into the activities of Akihisa and his buddies, the fact that they're overwhelmed by the, ahem, personalities of the girls is telling. At times its funny, but at times I can't help but wince. They can't seem to catch a break this season.

I don't think it's yanderrific yet, but with Himeji's alter-ego coming out to play on top of Minami's violence and Shouko's antics, well...
Old 2011-08-08, 00:23   Link #399
larethian

eh? we're back to volume 3.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 01:06   Link #400
hoarfrost

Quote:
That's what I've been thinking through this entire second season. Baka Test's main strength was that it took a look at real social issues through an absurdist lens. This season seems to be all about reusing the side jokes from the first season ad nauseum and hoping the audience will continue being entertained out of sheer inertia.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen