AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2016-09-15, 17:45   Link #1
Cloud87

If you don't mind i like to ask your advice if they ever happens to me

What should i do if anyone(mainly the fellow guys) ever start to think or say that I'm weird or start teasing me all because of that I'm a guy and i have favorite female characters in gaming,anime & manga even though i have favorite male characters in gaming,anime & manga too as well?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and MOD I'm sorry if this is in wrong section if it is and if it is in wrong section please fix it thanks and this advice I'm asking ahead of time because as 1 of examples to farther explain why am i asking this advice ahead of time if anyone plays me or plays with me 1 of my favorite games in 1 of my favorite games Street Fighter IV for Xbox 360 or L4D 1 for Xbox 360 and well if i play as 1 of my favorite characters Chun Li or Zoey and they play as 1 or more of my favorite male characters and they might think that I'm weird for playing as her.

& 1 more example is if they see figures,play arts & statues all of my favorite characters in gaming,anime,manga & Final Fantasy including all of my favorite female characters if i ever buy any & if i ever own any in my collection only time will tell or better yet if they see posters & wallscrolls of her even though i have favorite male characters in gaming,anime,manga & Final Fantasy too as well if i ever buy any & if i ever own any only time will tell & i apologize if this seems like a dumb question and guys if you ever get made fun of or if they say to you that you're weird.

Then you'll understand why am i asking ahead of time if this ever does start to happen to me and if you like anymore examples and if i thought of anymore examples i gladly tell you just let me know and to end it here here are just some side notes about my favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga.

Some of my favorite characters is either younger then me,same age as me or older then me,Some of my favorite characters are a badass/kickass and Some of my other favorite characters are not a badass/kickass it depends i apologzie for the language these are just some side notes as heads up about some of my favorite characters you'll get the better idea thanks and thanks for the advice ahead of time .
Cloud87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 22:37   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I guess probably the "best advice" is to just own it; if they start making fun of you, just brush it off because life's too short to worry about about what they think of you. Even if they make fun of you a bit for it, most people just don't care that much at the end of the day.

If you really feel self-conscious about it (a good number of people do to some degree, myself included) then you can always just try to be aware of who you're playing with and take that into consideration in terms of which players you choose. But particularly in something like a fighting game (as you mentioned), it's quite common for people to choose a character because they like the playstyle anyway.

Personally, I feel a little bit self-conscious about having guests over to my place if I have figures/wallscrolls/posters up, so I tend to put them up in my bedroom and close the door, but can easily take them down in the living room and other areas. Objectively speaking, it's stupid to feel self-conscious about this, and I don't regret/feel guilty about my interests, but it's like a bad habit that's a bit hard to get over.
Old 2016-09-16, 03:49   Link #3
judasmartel
*Author

Diversify your favorites list as much as you can. If you fave a lot of female anime and VG characters, try to look for a male character you can fave. This involves a lot of trial and error, but it's very much worth it.

Once you do this, you will fave males in anime and video games just as you fave females, and at the same time you will gain more knowledge about the other sides and genres of both media.

I have no problems with guys picking girls to play in video games, I just think maybe the guy just likes their playing styles. Not every guy has to pick guys when not all guys are fast, by virtue of that trope where males are stronger but slower and females are faster but weaker.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2016-09-16 at 04:01.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-16, 14:06   Link #4
VORTIA

Pretty sure it's normal for heterosexual males to like looking at girls. I'd suggest that maybe they're the ones who are weird, not you.
VORTIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 09:07   Link #5
Liddo-kun
is this so?

To the OP. Well, there was a time in college when I admired Naru Narusegawa from Love Hina and even have a sticker of her in front of my main notebook. People in class asked why I have a girl in front of notebook when everyone else wants to be "macho" by watching anime like Dragonball Z. Replied to their comments that I like the character and that it's a woman that I'm gonna marry someday, so it's normal to admire a girl character. No one else really tried to shame or tease about my preferences, and college life proceeded as normal. - probably because most of the guys in class like to borrow my Gundam Wing and Evangelion cd's.

As others here have already said, no need to be ashamed of your hobby.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-09-17 at 20:01.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote