Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-04-11, 04:25   Link #1161
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
Agree, Koyuki would have been better instead of that chinese girl. It's a pain to see chinese girl playing geisha role. It was like , what !? Geishas are imported from China ? boo!
Gong Li... for some reason, I also have never been quite a fan of her work and it was also quite a shame she got that role of the top geisha.

Koyuki has (as the other person mentioned) the height and those killer legs to play the role of a top geisha. Not only that, there's something in Koyuki's eyes/gaze that tell me she would have been quite the match for the role. Anyway, I hope we'll see Koyuki soon in a movie that would have some connections with Hollywood. She deserves another shot to make her name to become well-known to Western audiences.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 05:51   Link #1162
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Koyuki with her height and killer legs.

Really too bad. I first saw her in Engine with KimuTaku, and since then I have watched a few of her other dramas. As a female myself, can't say I don't envy her look and body, lol.
Killer legs huh? sure, I would like to get crush under those legs and die in a pool of blood running by my nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Gong Li... for some reason, I also have never been quite a fan of her work and it was also quite a shame she got that role of the top geisha.

Koyuki has (as the other person mentioned) the height and those killer legs to play the role of a top geisha. Not only that, there's something in Koyuki's eyes/gaze that tell me she would have been quite the match for the role. Anyway, I hope we'll see Koyuki soon in a movie that would have some connections with Hollywood. She deserves another shot to make her name to become well-known to Western audiences.
I agree with you on that. In the last Last Samurai she only showed her bare shoulder and we were like komatta na!! To the word wide audience though, my vote goes to Arakagi Yui since Koyuki is a bit old for my taste

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God

Last edited by Tougarashi; 2013-04-11 at 06:44.
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 21:40   Link #1163
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Red Tails Well its good to see a WW2 film again and about the Tuskegee Airmen to. Its just to bad it wasnt mad sooner
Old 2013-04-20, 22:25   Link #1164
Xagzan

Quote:
When watching Memoirs, I really wished Koyuki would play a role in it, especially how it was only 2 years after her performance in The Last Samurai.
Yeah, that's really the only other work I know her from, but it was enough to be captivated by her. I had never before then been jealous of Tom Cruise

Quote:
Oh, I actually thought Gong Li had one of the film's best parts! It got a tad dry once she left...I just mistook her initially, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
Killer legs huh? sure, I would like to get crush under those legs and die in a pool of blood running by my nose

I agree with you on that. In the last Last Samurai she only showed her bare shoulder and we were like komatta na!! To the word wide audience though, my vote goes to Arakagi Yui since Koyuki is a bit old for my taste
Come now, don't be like that. She is not any kind of too old.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:13   Link #1165
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finally able to borrow the movie from Blockbusters and watched Les Miserables, but as always, I'm weak towards Valjean's end. And the inclusion of that song at the end and Valjean's walk towards the priest...
But it is unfortunate that the story kind of felt quick, taking out some explanations and characters, like Azelma. Not that I would expect a movie to adapt the entire full novel though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 12:33   Link #1166
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Just watched Rent. Me loves a good musical. Can't believe I didn't watch it sooner
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 13:10   Link #1167
sa547
*Author

White House Down -- somewhat nicely written.
Olympus Has Fallen -- terribly inflammatory that it makes the viewer want to beat up a Korean on the street.
Old 2013-07-04, 13:22   Link #1168
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
White House Down -- somewhat nicely written.
Olympus Has Fallen -- terribly inflammatory that it makes the viewer want to beat up a Korean on the street.
White House Down is a somewhat surprising throwback to the 90s action fare that generally produced a more liberal bent to it's blow-em-up stories. It is a nice turn of pace considering how many action films are far more conservative leaning since 9/11 (ala the aforementioned Olympus Has Fallen). WHD isn't exactly a "good" movie, but it is fun and definitely better than expected.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 14:15   Link #1169
Haiprbim
Banned

I have recently watched a movie/film for my 4th time now, but it is still at top-quality.
It goes under the name The Prestige. It was released back in 2006.
Anyone familiar with it?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 21:45   Link #1170
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Blade Runner It still so good no matter how many time one watches
Old 2013-07-06, 22:57   Link #1171
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
I have recently watched a movie/film for my 4th time now, but it is still at top-quality.
It goes under the name The Prestige. It was released back in 2006.
Anyone familiar with it?
Yep! Typical Christopher Nolan flick, well directed and excellent acting. That movie kept me on my seat until the very end to discover what were those secrets behind the special illusions.
Old 2013-07-07, 00:06   Link #1172
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Four Lions.
Holyshit!!
Best comedy I've seen in years!

YES, that's a bomb wrapped around a crow.
Old 2013-07-08, 16:11   Link #1173
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Just watched GI Joe Retaliation. Kinda sucks how Channing's script was short...but I do like Jinx and Jaye x)

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 22:44   Link #1174
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Carefree (1938) I really do like watching Fred Astaire movies
Old 2013-07-13, 21:30   Link #1175
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Dredd No plot at all just shooting and just so boring I think Judge Dredd with Sylvester Stallone was far better
Old 2013-07-20, 21:45   Link #1176
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Big Lebowski Wow watching this on tv so many time and havent watch this in a while I really forgot how much swearing and nudity its got in it
Old 2013-07-21, 00:15   Link #1177
P99

I recently watched Rise of the Guardians with my younger cousins and it exceeded my expectations. It was actually pretty entertaining.
Old 2013-10-13, 18:07   Link #1178
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Anyone here who watched Rush? Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Brühl were excellent as James Hunt and Niki Lauda respectively. Also a Ron Howard film with Hans Zimmer composing the score is always special.
Old 2013-10-13, 21:44   Link #1179
james0246

Gravity -What a ridiculously simple yet fun a wonderful in its deft touch and humanity. This is easily one of the scariest and tensest films of the year. 90/100.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 - Adorable to the extreme with some wonderful puns and great visuals (and some great voice acting). Sadly the film seems like too much of a retread of the first film. 78/100.

Rush - What wonderful adult drama. The story may be a little too obvious at times, but the acting (especially from the leads) and directing is subtle and evocative. 85/100.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 20:01   Link #1180
jdennis007

Chinese Zodiac- a Jackie Chan film.

Tags
live-action, movie, movies