AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-08-14, 08:25   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Sword Art Online - Character Discussion - Asada Sinon

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Asada Sinon related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Sword Art Online fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-08-15 at 07:55.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 09:17   Link #2
Death Usagi
Banned

Best girl of the series next to Suguha.

She is what an actual heroine should be
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 01:35   Link #3
rladls2121

I like the name to be Asada Shino for the title of character discussion though.

A heroine that is currently in conflict of her past.
She is obviously asking Kirito for advice, but.

Thinking that play GGO the MMORPG virtual reality game will help her overcome the fear of pointing guns towards someone or self, shows how much serious her trauma was.

What is she thinking?
If this is the way that she thinks it will solve the problem in the first place, think about how other people with the same problem overcome the fear centuries ago without a machine, more so when there is virtual reality game exist in her era.

However, it seems to me that she just want to forget about that moment that gave her a big shock in the first place though.
What is more unexpected was, she was asking how Kazuto to become strong like him?
That is just a different goal.
As Kazuto said himself, his skills are not his strength and he is not truly strong.

Lucky for her, since she played GGO, alive as Kazuto met her before Death Gun did, her issue will be resolved I guess.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 13:28   Link #4
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I just love the fact that her voice actor has been all over the industry and I recall her from a lot of lovable characters (Angel Beats, Kokoro Connect rise to mind)

Also, dat outfit in GGO.

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 00:45   Link #5
Filia Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
I just love the fact that her voice actor has been all over the industry and I recall her from a lot of lovable characters (Angel Beats, Kokoro Connect rise to mind)

Also, dat outfit in GGO.
LOL "lovable"....you should watch her in Tegami Bachi where she is the voice of the protagonist - a crybaby. Literally. There wasn't one episode that "he" did not cry.

Still, I love that anime and I love Miyuki Sawashiro too. All Japanese seiyuus are good.

On the topic, I love Sinon. If I can choose, I would wish that she can be with Kirito but that would be very unfair for Asuna, huh?
Sinon is very much like me. We have the same name - yes, my real life name is my signature below - and we play as Archer too. Long-ranged is always my favourite.
Old 2014-09-08, 01:24   Link #6
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The only thing that needs to be said is "that booty". I'm shallow I know.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 02:59   Link #7
Hemabody

Quote:
On the topic, I love Sinon. If I can choose, I would wish that she can be with Kirito but that would be very unfair for Asuna, huh?
I am sure that if Kirito met both at the same time , he would have chosen Sinon , as in the beginning of his relation with any of them , he was just trying to give them strength when they were weak , and Sinon in my opinion is much weaker than Episode 2 Asuna , because of her trauma , so he would have stayed with her longer as she needed more help , and therefore he would fall for her faster than what he had with Asuna , and the other problem is that Asada already have a boyfriend , and she even told him that they will "do it" after she accomplish her goal , so KazutoxAsada is just hopeless , except if they would like to cheat their original partners.
Hemabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 10:22   Link #8
Filia Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemabody View Post
I am sure that if Kirito met both at the same time , he would have chosen Sinon , as in the beginning of his relation with any of them , he was just trying to give them strength when they were weak , and Sinon in my opinion is much weaker than Episode 2 Asuna , because of her trauma , so he would have stayed with her longer as she needed more help , and therefore he would fall for her faster than what he had with Asuna , and the other problem is that Asada already have a boyfriend , and she even told him that they will "do it" after she accomplish her goal , so KazutoxAsada is just hopeless , except if they would like to cheat their original partners.
First, yes I, too, had the feeling that Kazuto would (probably) fallen faster for Shino. The chemistry between them is there right from the start and it has been stated numerous times that he likes to tease her very much. Well, I don't know much about guys....but, if a guy is not attracted to a girl, would he act this way? Maybe..maybe not...

And then, there is Asuna...certainly, she is the stronger girl, mentally. Asuna has never shown that she is the squishy, fragile-minded type who would let herself be bullied by anyone. Heck, she was the VGM of her guild in SAO and one of the top players. But then again....she never gone through the life that Shino did.

Lastly, I think, Shino and her male friend, Kyoji Shinkawa's relationship is purely platonic. At the very least, the feelings are not mutual and/or not reciprocated by Shino. She rejected him pretty clearly and I believe she only agreed to go out with him after/if she wins. They aren't a couple - just like Suguha and Recon are not.

Kazuto will never cheat on Asuna. I guess they have gone through too much together so no matter how much in common Kazuto and Shino has, they cannot start it. But that's the more reason why I love them both. and I mean Kazuto X Shino.
Old 2014-09-08, 10:54   Link #9
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
First, yes I, too, had the feeling that Kazuto would (probably) fallen faster for Shino. The chemistry between them is there right from the start and it has been stated numerous times that he likes to tease her very much. Well, I don't know much about guys....but, if a guy is not attracted to a girl, would he act this way? Maybe..maybe not...

And then, there is Asuna...certainly, she is the stronger girl, mentally. Asuna has never shown that she is the squishy, fragile-minded type who would let herself be bullied by anyone. Heck, she was the VGM of her guild in SAO and one of the top players. But then again....she never gone through the life that Shino did.

Lastly, I think, Shino and her male friend, Kyoji Shinkawa's relationship is purely platonic. At the very least, the feelings are not mutual and/or not reciprocated by Shino. She rejected him pretty clearly and I believe she only agreed to go out with him after/if she wins. They aren't a couple - just like Suguha and Recon are not.

Kazuto will never cheat on Asuna. I guess they have gone through too much together so no matter how much in common Kazuto and Shino has, they cannot start it. But that's the more reason why I love them both. and I mean Kazuto X Shino.
Wasn't Asuna on the verge of mindbreak when Sugou told her he was gonna rape her in VR and then do it in real life again?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 22:02   Link #10
Hemabody

Quote:
Wasn't Asuna on the verge of mindbreak when Sugou told her he was gonna rape her in VR and then do it in real life again?
I meant a comparison between Episode 2 Asuna (When she first appeared) and Sinon , and afterward Asuna have nothing to do with this , but I also agree , the expression on her face right then was very pitiful , damn that Sugou , he stood in front of Asuna's chest when it was bare
Old 2014-09-08, 22:38   Link #11
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Technically Asuna appeared first in episode 1, like Silica and Lizbeth. :k
Old 2014-09-14, 03:12   Link #12
Hemabody

I think their relation evolved a bit in this episode , espically by the hug that took nearly half of the episode
Old 2014-12-27, 06:11   Link #13
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

This scene. This scene totally sold me on her. And that mischievous giggle.
http://youtu.be/OujXeW2VAOM
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters