AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 2 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 10.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-08-09, 18:34   Link #21
4th Dimension
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Adriatic Coast, Montenegro, Balkans
Given the fences, they weren't going to climb in, and parachuting isn't the same as being teleported, there would be a LOT of thuds as they land and then have to drop chutes... basically it's not happening like this. So they could realistically only have entered from that ONE door. So yeah. No way are they going to be able to march in full kit past Suzuha no matter how distracted she is.

They (writers) should have just had them storm the rooftop from the door and have both of them at gunpoint before Suzuha can react. If she was alone she might have had still pulled a gun at them, but not with Mayushi there.

And yeah, these guys are a disgrace for whatever spec ops unit they are from. And no matter which outfit they are from, you certainly won't be sending "some military guys" into a foreign nation ESPECIALLY knowing what is at stake. Russians have sent Spetznatz and they are relaxed while Americans are frantic to catch up.
As the situation was shown, it wouldn't matter any amount of hell you were through, if you are surrounded by trained military personnel with guns and you don't have any kind of special armor or like to make you able to tank bullets, they will quickly fill you with lead.
Well they WOULD have if they haven't chosen the STUPIDEST possible formation, the circle, where any misses are likely to hit friendlies.

But enough about the firefight stupidity, IMO I don't think M is dead. For a head wound there is surprisingly little blood. Just that trickle in the last possible shot. If a bullet had drilled her head, the effects would have been more dramatic. Also I wonder if this is Kagari or the other motorcycle helmeted woman. Because if it's Kagari, we are now pretty much tossing a die on how she reacts.

As for the rest of the episode... FUCK YES. Finally this feels like the plot is doing something. Compared to this, episodes since Amadeus stopped being a regular feel like just a bunch of sideways movement.
__________________

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 18:56   Link #22
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
Well, didn't Mayuri get perforated in the end? Which makes sense. It's not like there's any cover in the area.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 20:41   Link #23
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That completely depends on the "You" that's sending the troops in the first place. If this "You" doesn't even have access to "special forces" then your argument doesn't make sense. Either way none of these people went through hell.
It was heavily implied that the whole thing is government backed, hence special forces should exist.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
As for Okarin's contribution to the time machine? He figured out that the device was a time machine in the first place. He also figured out the CRTV.
My point is that the original implication felt more like they built it together, yet later we only hear about Daru, of whom I'm not even sure whether he is specialized into the right fields.
The only thing we can assume is that Leskinien actually wants both of them on his team in order to build a time machine, as he himself doesn't specialize into that field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Finally, if SERN really was "on the case" we'd be back in the alpha world line right now. And we're not.
The timeline would change the moment they got the time machine, or the knowledge how to build one, not the moment they find out one is there.

Take Amadeus for example, last time Amadeus got hacked we got a timeline change, yet we didn't get one this time, meaning that the conditions for it to occur have yet to be fulfilled.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 05:46   Link #24
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The timeline would change the moment they got the time machine, or the knowledge how to build one, not the moment they find out one is there.

Take Amadeus for example, last time Amadeus got hacked we got a timeline change, yet we didn't get one this time, meaning that the conditions for it to occur have yet to be fulfilled.
It changed originally just from capturing the fact that a DMail had been sent.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 05:56   Link #25
Cosmic Eagle
YOMOTSUHIRASAKA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DP 原画 --> ヨハネ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Maybe Okabe told him. Daru sent that D-mail in 2025, Okabe should still be alive (Okabe's video D-mail to himself was also from 2025 IIRC).
But even then, doesn't Okabe's Reading Steiner work instantaneously at the point of worldline shift? Has it ever been precise enough to nail down events over a decade earlier as the cause?
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 07:54   Link #26
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It changed originally just from capturing the fact that a DMail had been sent.
The difference is that said Dmail caused changes to the past though, Daru's D-Mail did not.
IE the world shift was caused by the Dmail itself, not by SERN's knowledge about it.

Even if it SERNS knowledge would be enough though, Past Okabe wound't necessarily feel the effects immediately.
It rather depends on when the incision happens.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 08:11   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
The recorded change to the past that caused the shift to the alpha world line was the d-mail being caught in SERN's little database.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 19:19   Link #28
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The recorded change to the past that caused the shift to the alpha world line was the d-mail being caught in SERN's little database.
This. The past changed because Suzuha crashed the time machine. She crashed it because it wasn't as sophisticated or whatever compared to the beta line, and that's because of SERN's influence in the future. That's because of the DMail being noticed/captured, not because Daru saw it a few days earlier than it was sent.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 08:34   Link #29
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 34
Gonna need this show to stop playing with my feels
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 00:07   Link #30
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
After rewatching the VN's version of the same sequence of events I have to say the VN version just makes more sense, the episode would have been better if it just followed that setup for Operation Arclight and the confrontation over the time machine.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 06:34   Link #31
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
You know it all would have been less awkward if she took the call further away from the scene. Like inside the stair house.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 09:35   Link #32
4th Dimension
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Adriatic Coast, Montenegro, Balkans
That would still have a problem of them STEALTHILY climbing the building and the noisy chain link fence in full gear. Or using their magical teleporters to appear tehre.
__________________

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 09:24   Link #33
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
You say that now, but if you hadn't considered all these things would you really be thinking about that?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 12:44   Link #34
4th Dimension
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Adriatic Coast, Montenegro, Balkans
I would be wondering how they got there in such a small amount of time. The only way this could have worked if they jumped her when she arrived there. They could have gotten there first and set up an ambush.
But "summon spec ops guys" from thin air just doesn't work for that one entrance roof.
__________________

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 19:51   Link #35
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You know it all would have been less awkward if she took the call further away from the scene. Like inside the stair house.
I mean, she was in the stairwell before the message. That doesn't help matters.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 10:23   Link #36
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
But she was outside *during* the message, right? Or at least right near the exit, it's been ages ago since that episode now, I don't remember everything as clearly anymore.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.